Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well i guess i won't be buying it then. Shame i would have liked to play the druid again.

Nobody cares about cosmetics. Pay for those fucking wings or that ugly pet, idc.

Related: will also feature actual support. Funny how that works.

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    Related: will also feature actual support. Funny how that works.
    Will believe it when i see it. Im mean technically a patch to add 5000% damage to x spell is still support. Shit grade support, but still support.

anyone expected there to not be microtransactions?

If it means more content between expansions, I don't mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    That's just like a piece of shit on a cake. Damn, why? Unless the "entry fee" for the game isn't just 10 or 20 bucks there is no reason to put micro-transactions in it
    You seriously have to ask why in 2019 rolling into 2020?

What triple A package game doesn't have microtransactions these days? I honestly can't think of one.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Why would anyone be surprised? This question was asked at Blizzcon and the answer they gave, didn't even answer the question at all. It was just some bullshit non-conclusive answer about "different playstyles for different players" or something like that.

They were directly asked if D4 would have microtransactions, and gave a vague non-answer. That alone was confirmation that yes, there would be microtransactions.
    They actually confirmed it already at Blizzcon while interacting with known streamers when they were playing the preview of the game. At the very least when talking with Rhykker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

15+ Year Old Account
    I dont think people realize a big part of the problem is most of these arent micro anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    You seriously have to ask why in 2019 rolling into 2020?

What triple A package game doesn't have microtransactions these days? I honestly can't think of one.
    God of war

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus1 View Post
    People still defending MTX in games which you pay full price for and are made by companies worth billions? I never understand it.

MTX in games is a cancer.
    Yeah, this. It is okay if the game is a free edition, or if it is a tiny dev, forced to charge "indie" price and not "AAA." Or I'm even more forgiving if it is in games with constant and substantial free content drops, like with Overwatch. I'm even okay with it in WoW to an extent, despite the subscription, just because of how large updates are and because the artists making a store pet are not the same people working on the next raid tier. No excuse for mainline Diablo where big updates are locked behind paid expansions.

You do realize that cosmetics in PoE make that game have a constant supply of new content every 3 months, right?

While I understand PoE is FREE, the question is... do you want regular content for D4, or are you happy with very little? As far as I'm concerned if we get more content and the cost is optional cosmetics, who the fuck cares? Hopefully they have a good amount of cool looking sets, though, and we don't all look like total garbage as a way to entice people to buy them.

Fact is, paying for D4 and not having to pay for any cosmetics, while gaining the benefit of a steady supply of updates far outweighs what happened to D3. So accept it or move on.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus1 View Post
    People still defending MTX in games which you pay full price for and are made by companies worth billions? I never understand it.

MTX in games is a cancer.
    Games which connect to dedicated servers generally need some form of recurring revenue for hosting those servers, especially if you perform content updates outside of expansions / dlc. I prefer a subscription model, but in cases such as League of Legends MTX can be a good model to use. It just depends how they implement it.

It was known from day 1.

They clearly stated on the Q&A that they "wouldn't sell player power", which clearly means they'll sell everything else.´

Microtransactions and an Open World (bosses) setting completely destroyed my hopes for Diablo 4.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    You do realize that cosmetics in PoE make that game have a constant supply of new content every 3 months, right?

While I understand PoE is FREE, the question is... do you want regular content for D4, or are you happy with very little? As far as I'm concerned if we get more content and the cost is optional cosmetics, who the fuck cares? Hopefully they have a good amount of cool looking sets, though, and we don't all look like total garbage as a way to entice people to buy them.

Fact is, paying for D4 and not having to pay for any cosmetics, while gaining the benefit of a steady supply of updates far outweighs what happened to D3. So accept it or move on.
    Lol. D4 will have a 60, 80, 100 and 250 dollar edition. Diablo 3 sold 30 mil and more than made up what they spend. What utter shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Deferionus View Post
    Games which connect to dedicated servers generally need some form of recurring revenue for hosting those servers. I prefer a subscription model, but in cases such as League of Legends MTX can be a good model to use. It just depends how they implement it.
    There's a difference between a free-to-play game with MTX (Path of Exile, League of Legends, Dota 2) and paid AAA games double dipping into it. Even triple dipping if you consider WoW (Box sale, subscription, in-game shop).

That's expected.

Also, fuck those people who say "it's only cosmetics" and people who say that no one cares about cosmetic rewards.

7+ Year Old Account
    Microtransactions are bad if your game is not F2P
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post

Dont be fooled. If you dont pay for cosmetics, you are going to look like a slave on an internment camp even with the OPest gear.
    And thats the key right there where you said "PoE" is free. Diablo is not, its a good chunk of money to get in. PoE has regular updates. Diablo doesnt.
    Again dont be fooled. The reason of the slow updates for D3 was not they couldnt affort devs to it. They just wouldnt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Why would anyone be surprised? This question was asked at Blizzcon and the answer they gave, didn't even answer the question at all. It was just some bullshit non-conclusive answer about "different playstyles for different players" or something like that.

They were directly asked if D4 would have microtransactions, and gave a vague non-answer. That alone was confirmation that yes, there would be microtransactions.

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody is "defending microtransactions", we're saying that it's just cosmetic items so it's not that bad.
    You give them an inch, they take the fucking country.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

PoE has tons of microtransactions. I don't see a problem with having some cosmetic mictrotransactions in this type of game. It incentives blizzard to continue to support the game. Otherwise they abandon it like they did with d3