Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Look at it this way. If the human aspect is not able to be separated, then treat it as a common denominator and cut it out.

When comparing forms of proof to one another, the human element is a part of all of them. So, might as well compare the forms themselves.
    I'm not debating the veracity or effectiveness of the data itself though. Your original argument was regarding people's reaction to data, the actual human element itself.

You can't eliminate the human element from any of it BECAUSE of the fact that it's always there. It's always a factor.

I get what you're saying, I hate it when people ignore, disregard, misuse, misunderstand, or skew good data too. I'm just saying that dealing with that element is part of dealing with data. Data is meaningless unless the people looking at it understand it, know what it means, where it came from, understand what it shows and to an extent what it can be used for.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    exactly.
    /10
    Yep and the problem is that the people who use voice activation think​ that their mic isn't picking up anything else but speech.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

People that think their opinion is facts. The world wont go under now or anytime soon but oh people got insane

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Yep and the problem is that the people who use voice activation think​ that their mic isn't picking up anything else but speech.
    Only the ones that don't care and don't set it up properly. The ones that do are players you assumed used push to talk.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

At the risk of being flamed... :P

"ok boomer" doesn't mean "ok person born between 1946 and 1964"

It means, "ok person born into uniquely prosperous circumstances built on the backs of colonialism, slavery, and white supremacy, who believes that this prosperity was not only normal, but legitimately earned... and who is doing everything in their power to dismiss and disempower those not born into similar circumstances, for fear of even slightly encroaching on the immense privilege that they've ONLY used to enrich themselves at everyone else's expense."
    ^ this type of stuff, which is just the most recent example of what shows up in my FB feed thanks to a couple of friends of mine. During Halloween it was placing gold pumpkins on porches "to let trick or treaters know their home is a SAFE experience that won’t demand eye contact or spoken communication in exchange for treats", and before that it was "How to stop imposing the gender binary on babies & their parents: A guide."
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

The fact that retail is so bad that I don't even want to login and play. That's what triggers me

One of the main things that trigger me is foreigners who thinks because their culture values something it means we must value it too or we're backwards.

How dare we not recognize their cultural superiority. How dare we have own our culture?

7+ Year Old Account
    Nothing. I don't suffer from PTSD, etc. Stop using words wrong.

A petty thing that " "triggers" me is obnoxious sports fans, even more so if they are bandwagon fans (basically every Patriots fan from outside the region). For some silly reason, the idea of someone selecting a team to root for, based off of how many games they won last season, then talking lots of shit, makes me cringe.

Another would be people who constantly interrupt me or others mid sentence. This extends to any debate shows on tv too. I have a hard time watching someone like Bill Maher's show due to guests constantly talking over each other.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

10+ Year Old Account
    That air raid siren that some people use as their phone alarms.5

I only have 1 specific thing that really triggers me, and I'm learning that it comes down to my experiences with outdated male roles (never showing emotion and vulnerability) and connecting very strong emotional responses in men to something very bad taking place every.single.time. This has manifested itself in GAD with a particular trigger for outright panic attacks that, whilst easily avoided, literally keeps me from the one thing that makes me the happiest I can be.

To me, being triggered = PTSD. It's a tough one to abandon, but I'm trying to stop using the word in relation to nerds throwing a tantrum or people in general just being... well, people.

If I play along and go with the wrongful use of the term "triggered", then I'd say... People being assholes for the sake of being assholes. And they tend to claim lots of space for themselves in society.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy4123 View Post
    People driving next to each other 5mph below the speed limit so no one can get past them.
    Yes, this. My favorite is when they are in the left lane, there is one car in front at the light, so he moves into the right lane to be first at the light. Now both lanes are blocked AND nobody can turn right. Light goes green.......... go. 5mph.................10mph.............15mph....... side to side. Like WHY THE HELL DID YOU WANT YOU OWN LANE TO GO THIS SLOW!? I don't think any day to day issues get me as mad as other drivers do.

Beyond that, playing loud music or continue to play loud music at the gas station, fat slow people who walk right in the middle of a doorway to a store so you cant get by them, people who stand in line for food then get to the counter and go umm.... uh.... let's see..... hmmm..... like wtf were you doing in line? Why didn't you decide then? I actually called some guy out on it the other day at Panera Bread. There was a fucking line, hurry the fuck up you aren't the only person here. Woman behind me whispered "thank you"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    One of the main things that trigger me is foreigners who thinks because their culture values something it means we must value it too or we're backwards.

How dare we not recognize their cultural superiority. How dare we have own our culture?
    Have an example? I didn't see a white guy do this in Korea. My only issue there is they don't put salt on French fries, which they need.

So many things on the road triggers me that I should probably just hire a chauffeur. Getting to leave my car once I reach my destination feels like entering Heaven, even if it is just a 15-20 minute ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Nothing. I don't suffer from PTSD, etc. Stop using words wrong.
    Oh I can help, in English words often have multiple meanings. Context helps us to understand that OP was asking what triggers your anger.

People doesn't say thanks when I hold door for them, people at the train station hits me with their belonging doesn't say sorry.

Failed job interview triggers me the most sometimes, it gets inside my head and I can't even get rid of it, even if I have a full time job, the past experience never gets away.

And shit drivers seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post

Have an example?
    There's plenty on this forum. Just go into any thread about Asian countries and you have a legion of people telling me and other people from Asian countries that our culture(s) suck because they think their culture is so superior.

The misuse of the term “trigger”.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

People that have to touch me throughout a conversation (shoulder and arm mostly). In my mind I'm yelling for them to cut that shit out.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

5+ Year Old Account
    This thread has gone on enough and will be closed. Please create threads with better topics that don't encourage users to troll.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."