Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wotlk flying was not supposed to be bought if you checked its Beta/Alpha. There was a questline that was going to involve flying combat, but that didn't turn out well. New pathfinder achievements should have reputation and questing removed, and add a unique questline (that isn't cheese-easy like everything nowadays) for flight.

Flight wasn't cheap in Wrath and TBC either. Adjusted it would cost around 100-500k gold today.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2019-11-08 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Definitely doable. Especially right now with the buffs. Tortollan is the only tricky one really and even then it's not bad now. Get a contract for Tortollan so it makes that a bit easier.

You also have all these Tortollan quests (excluding WQ ones) - https://www.wowhead.com/battle-for-a...;2163;0#0+2+12

Champions of Azeroth is similar. Go open up Nazjatar and get your heart to 35 then grind out some Azerite and those quests give nice chunks of rep. There's also the mission table giving ~250+ rep (depending on if you 200% it).

Either way it's definitely doable. It's just a matter of actually doing the quests and stuff.
    Contracts help a bit, but still I cannot see a fresh 120 completing PF1 in 30 hours, sorry. Also because his gear will be horrible and killing mobs will be way slower (seeing it with that above rogue toon, she’s ilvl 320 and Nazjatar is a nightmare). Keep also in mind that now there is an additional emissary (Naz) that also slows the PF1 rep gaining.

I’m not interested anymore now, already did it, but still don’t think is doable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyranna View Post
    I'd happily live without flying, anyway removing the rep grind would be enough to stop hating the whole pathfinder crap.
    Alongside removing rep grind from story advancement, of course.
    The thing that amuses me most is that by the time you have enough rep to buy gear from vendors of that rep, it’s now totally useless because the ilvl is too low.

At least they could make the vendors “recognize” that you have another char with higher rep with them and let you buy useful gear (maybe you’ll trash it after a week but better a week than nothing) for your alts.

Fixing all of the game systems they've royally fucked up the last five years should be their main concern. Not whether you can fly or not at the beginning of an expansion

Quote Originally Posted by subsidalos View Post
    Fixing all of the game systems they've royally fucked up the last five years should be their main concern. Not whether you can fly or not at the beginning of an expansion
    Its a game system they fucked up for 3 expansions now, and making it into Pathfinder just continues to fuck it up..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Contracts help a bit, but still I cannot see a fresh 120 completing PF1 in 30 hours, sorry. Also because his gear will be horrible and killing mobs will be way slower (seeing it with that above rogue toon, she’s ilvl 320 and Nazjatar is a nightmare). Keep also in mind that now there is an additional emissary (Naz) that also slows the PF1 rep gaining.

I’m not interested anymore now, already did it, but still don’t think is doable.

- - - Updated - - -

The thing that amuses me most is that by the time you have enough rep to buy gear from vendors of that rep, it’s now totally useless because the ilvl is too low.

At least they could make the vendors “recognize” that you have another char with higher rep with them and let you buy useful gear (maybe you’ll trash it after a week but better a week than nothing) for your alts.
    Yea that's something that has always annoyed me that reps aren't account wide. There's no logical reason to not make them account wide. The only reason blizzard doesn't is because they want players to spend more time in game, period. I can't believe they were stupid enough to make heart of azeroth and its ilvl tied to a rep. They did a full 180 on that and made that rep account wide not long after the first patch. It doesn't make any sense why they shouldn't be account wide and it really is something they should reconsider. Same goes for shadowlands. If I have an alt that is already exalted with a specific covenant, then the next alt I put in that same covenant should have the same rep with them. I'm perfectly fine if certain aspects are gated behind storylines, but the moment I finish that storyline, I shouldn't be looking at an honored/revered bar. It should be exalted, just like my alt has.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    I don't mind not flying at the start of an expansion.

But to lock it behind the most mind-numbing content imaginable? Fuck that. Just enable flying mid expansion and be done with it.
    If you dont like that content dont do it. You dont need flying for that mind-numbing content if you dont do it and you dont need flying to run dungeons or raids.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post

Gear shouldn't be an issue at all. World quest item level base gear is 315, then there is pretty cheap craftables that start at 340. If you do it right now during the event you can get a 400 weapon from AV. Nazjatar would hurt at that ilvl yes, but you can circumvent that with Party Sync and have someone help you since it'll phase them to the beginning with you and you can just have them kill everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahmeya View Post
    How I would do it:
    remove the rep grind, keep it loremaster and exploration only (part 2 is timegated by patch anyway so no need to gate it further by rep)
    part 1 would unlock whistle for alts while leveling
    part 2 would unlock flying, as it does now
    Literally just this, the rep part is so annoying

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    I love to do loremaster and quest chains, i wouldn't mind do that just for unlocking my flying.
    I can see some variety of this being the requirement, it's the gating on limited rep gains that gets me. As in, i can grind 12+ hrs to finish all the quest lines and unlock it.....but can i grind 12hrs worth of WQs to get the sufficient rep; No.

I think the real issue with PF is that it is so ingrained on ALL the xpacs rep factions that that is all the player really focuses at the end, the actual quest chains are just a bump in the road and not the meat of the achievement as they should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Gear shouldn't be an issue at all. World quest item level base gear is 315, then there is pretty cheap craftables that start at 340. If you do it right now during the event you can get a 400 weapon from AV. Nazjatar would hurt at that ilvl yes, but you can circumvent that with Party Sync and have someone help you since it'll phase them to the beginning with you and you can just have them kill everything.
    Having someone else do the content for you isn't much of a solution :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Having someone else do the content for you isn't much of a solution :P
    That would only be on Nazjatar, but even then once you start grinding that rep it's only ~3 weeks so you'd have to add that on to the base at that point unless you did them at the same time. Also, technically having someone else do/help you with content is a great solution since it is a MMO so asking/utilizing help isn't taboo or out of place on these things. Besides you'd only need the help with the initial introduction. Once you get to the base you have 3 benthic pieces + 370 weapon waiting for you (since you don't want to do the upgrade quest). Do note that here I am going with the assumption it's a fresh account so you have no pearls to share with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it should just be bound to completion of main questline in x.2 patches.

I am all for not allowing flying when expansion is fresh, I think that flying makes world tiny and hurts whole adventure part when we enter fresh zones. On the other hand, I don't think that pathfinder specifically should be a thing as for flying requirement.

I'd like to just get to max level and fly, I don't enjoy the rep grind. Never did in any expansion besides WOTLK/Cata when you could buy the tabards and spam dungeons ( lazy yeah but that's the only time I ever maxed my reps ).

I guess a long quest chain would be ok with the story of how flying works in Shadowlands but besides that no grinding would be cool.

If I could rep Grind with tabards I wouldn’t hate it so much... or if I had continual quests to get there. But literally making my have nothing of interest to do for 24 hours at a time is a snooze

Background: I’ve gone from friendly to revered 44% to exalted in the last two days with zandalari to get my troll (friendly from Level boost)

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really mind it, just add it in a .1 patch instead of .2
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

It needs to be obliterated and work the way it did in Wrath of the Lich King.

Every single argument people have against flying is patently ridiculous. It started ages ago with the argument that it ruined world PVP (it didn't). Then when they realized that wasn't the case, they tried shifting the argument to an assortment of other ridiculous claims until they finally settled on the latest one: It forces people to explore and enjoy the new zones (it doesn't). In fact, the exact opposite is true. No flying + over concentration of mobs + tediousness of getting from point A to point B has the exact opposite effect. It wasn't until flying was unlocked that the vast, vast, vast majority of people actually started to explore and enjoy the scope of the game's zones in each and every expansion that had flying.

But there's a certain portion of the population that couldn't think for themselves to save their lives. The only thing they know how to do is regurgitate something they read, try to claim it's their original thought, and argue for it til they turn blue in the face. These are the same people who think the "o'rly?," "wow, nice blog post," "OK boomer," and other moronic memes are witty insults.

The best part of the whole thing is that when people point out that the players (who hate flying for whatever idiotic reason they've rationalized to themselves) can simply play the game without flying, their counterargument to that always boils down to "nuh uh, flying is better and I like doing stuff better!" And they legitimately think that's a solid, intelligent response. In a cooperative game during the most non-competitive aspects of said game.

It's like arguing with an anti-vaxxer.

A bit of a moot point because I'm unsubbed and may not be coming back for SL. (Though pathfinder is not one of the reasons why.) But I think Pathfinder part 1 should unlock flying in the expansion's flying zones, and part 2 should unlock flying in the new zones like Najatar. I see no value in artificially holding flying in the base expansion zones back for several months to do content in new zones before unlocking flying.

I'm fine with the 'do the content then unlock flying' approach. If they also wanted to just not enable flying, in a way I'd actually prefer that to the current system. It's the artificial 'okay you did all the content for these zones, did the quests, got the rep, found the treasures or whatever, but we're going to make you wait a year for the next zone to come out before you can fly here' that gets me.

Removing it is fine only if they design the content with that in mind, and add some aerial threats.

Or some flying combat mechanics .. like if you are 80 yds above ground you can attack from the mount, am melees have an ability to jump on an enemy mount and fight there.
    Last edited by Firedemon; 2019-11-09 at 04:08 PM.
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

I'm not particularly a fan of late flying.

Waiting 10 months after the launch to be able to fly? Looks like PR stunt

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pathfinder is a cancer upon WoW and needs to be replaced with the ability to fly for all max level characters if Blizzard want to entice players to return.

Burning Crusade established flying mounts as a core gameplay feature with most expansions sticking to the formula that you unlock the ability to fly with a gold fee at max level. Warlords of Draenor changed this formula for the worse, by locking the ability to fly behind an incredibly tedious completionist grind, where you have to reach Exalted with every major faction, explore the whole continent, finish all the major quest lines in every zone, finish the main expansion story quests and from Legion onwards, complete a ludicrous amount of world quests.

Taking away core features and repackaging them as completionist bonuses does not make them rewarding; it makes them a punishment for refusing to wade through tedious and frankly shit content, especially when the feature not only opens up huge portions of the game world to explore but also improves your ability to farm materials exponentially.

If you want to be stuck with ground mounts, there's always Classic.