Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The zone has ground to walk on, just like every other zone they made! Why can't they come up with new stuff?!
    THESE FIENDS...

Just sittin' there all day long copy pasting zones that you can walk on and getting $$, bloody Activision mongrels.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggler View Post
    It could be that their "bodies" are preserved and kept save in the Emerald Dream, while their souls are renergized with anima in the Shadowlands.
    i'm pretty sure it specifically says their souls are bound to it.

but i mean, cenarius just might not have ever had contact with freya the way the others did. he came into existence after her empowering the original wild gods, and she was probably locked in ulduar by the time he existed.

so, he goes through the natural process of regeneration, while the rest go through the unnatural process.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I'm thinking laziest might be Bastion.

It's nothing we haven't already seen, honestly. Just golden, floating Stormsong.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    it's not a shared world. it's an entire separate reality.

idk op, it doesn't look bad, but it doesn't fit the rest of the expansion. it also fucks up the lore, wild gods are bound to the emerald dream by frea, they go back there to regenerate when they die. there's no reason cenarius should have gone there, and he wasn't even dead by the end of legion. he was alive and coordinating the defense of valsharah from the legion invasions.
    Holy shit you’re right. I didn’t think of that. Blizzard keeps shitting over old established lore and at this point there’s no need in it. The Emerald Dream is where the loa and demigods go after death. Not to fucking Shadowlands. I imagine we’re gonna see them retcon the Valkyr that Sylvanas talked to after her death now too. Since Valkyr are seperate from the Shadowlands ones that look similar but are an entirely seperate animal.

7+ Year Old Account
    It looks absolutely gorgeous. Love the dark fey aesthetic, plus part of the zone is Drust-themed, so I think it's far from a "lazy" zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    Holy shit you’re right. I didn’t think of that. Blizzard keeps shitting over old established lore and at this point there’s no need in it. The Emerald Dream is where the loa and demigods go after death. Not to fucking Shadowlands. I imagine we’re gonna see them retcon the Valkyr that Sylvanas talked to after her death now too. Since Valkyr are seperate from the Shadowlands ones that look similar but are an entirely seperate animal.
    well, i could see the loa going to the ardenweald. they didn't seem to have that connection to freya that the wild gods had. they seem to mostly be powerful beings that arose of their own accord, like bwonsamdi.

the real problem here is whether or not cenarius was bound to the dream by freya in previous lore. if he was, this breaks the lore. but i could see it being possible that he wasn't, due to coming into existence after freya's creation of the wild gods.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    well, i could see the loa going to the ardenweald. they didn't seem to have that connection to freya that the wild gods had. they seem to mostly be powerful beings that arose of their own accord, like bwonsamdi.

the real problem here is whether or not cenarius was bound to the dream by freya in previous lore. if he was, this breaks the lore. but i could see it being possible that he wasn't, due to coming into existence after freya's creation of the wild gods.
    While I don’t recall what Chronicles says on the matter I do know that the other books have said flat out Cenarius rested in the Dream after his death. So this is definitely a retcon. It isn’t major but it still annoys me. Much like the idea of the Scourge buildings now apparently coming from Shadowlands when in previous lore we learned much of it was adopted from the Nerubians. But with that said I’m still very excited for it all. That zone Maldraxxus is gonna be my favorite I suspect. Although I have no interest in Draka and don’t care to see more of her. She was not at all important in the lore. She died by two orcs that jumped her and Durotan. I’d rather have seen someone big like even Varian Wrynn there or Garrosh. Not as major figures that we deal with or anything but more like Covenant big wigs so to speak. But I’m going off topic now and we will have to just wait and see.

I am looking forward to that zone. And when you look at it.. every zone has been done before in some way.

On topic: I don't think the zone looks lazy. I love forests in games and this one has an artstyle we never had before.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    Looks like a thematic repeat of Shadowmoon valley from WoD. I mean I love shadowmoon valley but come on.
    Well, from the three too s I've leveled through Ardenweald so far, I'm going to say no. It is one of the most amazing zones so far. And the twist at the end
    ..wow. Blew my mind

I have no problem with the region and the design at all. But i don't like these Night Fae much to be honest. They're.. boring? And don't look so good. They're neither in the cliche badass / strong corner, nore are they in the cliche hot corner, nore are they in the cliche cool corner or any other more or less good corner when it comes to WoW in my eyes.

Personally i never expected a good version of Satyrs. But what i would have liked way more compared to these Night Fae would have been Dryads and Keeper of the Groves on two legs or another race that fits that stick. Hell, Botani are way better in my eyes design wise and would fit allies of the Night Elves well. These Night Fae have that vibe to them, they're oh so cute. Kinda like Vulpera a bit, but way worse.

But in the end, its only my taste. To each their own. I don't massive complains against them, but i also don't play the Alliance. Or personally wouldn't consider playing Night Fae.

I like the Kyrians though. The Venthyr are okay. I definitely like the Necro Lords. I doubt somewhat that the Gargoyles could be an Allied Races, but they definitely look awesome. I'm not sure if Blizzard could go the route with the Gargoyles that their are two groups, like on a bit more brutal, warlike, maybe sinister, while another groups is more noble. Thus a neutral race that can go to both sides. Although i'm not a major fan of neutral races, although some it fits well. But i'm definitely not sure if it would fit these gargoyles.

In the end, i'm not sure that there is a really good reason for them to come to our world. And i certainly don't need any of those as direct members of Horde and Alliance. Maybe some very lose Alliances could be a solution, where individuals of these races decide to come to Azeroth or something like that.

So no, in the end i don't think the region of Ardenweald is lazy at all. It just might not be to the taste of anybody. But what is.

Quote Originally Posted by Hastis View Post
    I dont protect op cuz he didnt saw a whole zone yet becauase i can clearly say that the new zone will be more farily zone but you are not right too with those arguments
    Welcome to the joke

everything we know so far about shadowlands looks lazy

>goes outside irl
    >sees coastline
    WTF IT LOOKS LIKE ALL THE OTHER COASTLINES

write angry forum post at God for making natural occurrences happening over billions of years follow natural laws and shit.

>go back inside
    >see zone covered in fel and demons that looks like another zone covered in fel and demons

"this retcons all my understanding of the world"

You cant make this shit up folks.

From what little we have seen it looks good. I don't expect every new area to be completely alien though.

How dare you slander the glowing bunny slugs.