Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's bullshit but it's expected. All current blizzard games have shitty mtx/dlcs - WoW, Hearthstone, Overwatch, HotS, SC2, D3...

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    why do you care so much about your character's looks? I don't get it
    Its not a matter of caring. I have played my fair share of PoE without spending a cent on it, and I dont mind going around looking like that. I just dont play it that much because the gem-skill system and the talent tree dont atract me too much, although I like to try some of the seasonal themes they implement from time to time.

If I spent more than 10 hours every 6 months on the game, I would definitely buy it, as I have just recently bought the full CIV VI package (about 100€) after having played with an unlicensed copy. Price is still high, and its still not perfect, but there is very active support for it. They do it by releasing small expansion packs or dlcs every quarter or so, with new civs and perhaps a game mode, or new maps etc. But the basic game, by itself, is very much complete, with a nice plethora of civs, game modes and maps.

Its a matter of being reasonable. If you are charging AAA price, deliver AAA features. If you are F2P with cosmetic MTX, its an entirely different concept.
    Blizzard does not rely on the income of MTX for the development of Diablo. If they put enough good content, people have proved that they will spend the money. Example: Reaper of Souls. A relatively small expansion, charged for 40€, but was so good that made Diablo very enjoyable and a bit more user-friendly.

In the end; If you cant keep up funding updates or new versions of the game without MTX in between, it means your game is not that good to begin with. And depends on careless parents leaving payment data available, people without their priorities straight, and people with too much money. Which, any way you look at it, is bad.
    Last edited by Spiel; 2019-11-08 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Structure, completion

Quote Originally Posted by Yagyu4k View Post
    Just a few cosmetics, nothing really to worry about
    For now, but lets look at the reality for a minute. Path of Exile does a paid cosmetic shop for a free game, under no circumstances should I be paying for a game and expansions with a micro-transaction store that I can't get the currency within the game to also get those cosmetics. So unless they also provide the currency within the game as normal play, this is only the beginning of a bad idea that will get worse unless people actually step up and say something.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

i don't think they will stop at cosmetics.

i think they will try to fragment content updates. they will do the traditional xpacs ofc, but then maybe for $10 you can get a extra questchain here or there, a new area, etc. and who knows, maybe they will think d3 necro worked out well and classes wil be seperate too.

I'm shocked said no one ever.

Simple answer is dont spend money on them.

Do I want them to abandon D4 after first expansion like D3 or do I want steady stream of content while there being mtx that I don't care about.. I'll take the mtx.

Quote Originally Posted by Darklurker View Post
    https://twitter.com/SkillUpYT/status...02103212802049

So on top of the paid game and expansions, there will be microtransactions. Shame, my excitement had almost made it through one entire week.
    Since when is "quin69" on twitch a source though?

Has this been confirmed by any adults?
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    For decades selling the game alone did that, and it certainly still can. Just look at the many, many solid games without MTX that generate sequels.
    For a while there was no such thing as DLC or Online patch, if the game was broken you had to buy a full priced second copy to get the 1.1 version that worked properly. How many of those sequels are only sequels because it generates a new cash stream?

Just a few cosmetics -- LOL - if you believe that then i got some prime oceanfront property where dolphins come right up to you to feed them in IOWA to sell you cheap. Its also right next door to where Tupac is living so you can have a private concert every weekend.

But being serious if you believe anything activision tells you then you really are a sucker

I saw this coming from a mile away

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    "It's an opportunity to have more options available"

How about you just put all of the options in the fucking game?
    It's been at least a decade since video games had a cost of living adjustment. They should cost $80 to just keep up with inflation since games price changed from $50 to $60. Considering the increase in quality and cost of game production, as well as 24/7 support and patching, the likely "true" price would land close to $120.

So:

Option A: games cost $60 and some people spend $300
    Option B: games cost $120 and there are no MTX

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Well, Hearthstone is a bit silly, All card games like those are nothing but microtransaction and loot boxes. It's been the entire Magic and Yu-gi-ho model for decades
    Are we acting like Pokemon cards weren't a thing now?
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Cosmetic MTXs are fine by me. Let whales fund more content for a game I love w/o them being any stronger with the CC. The RMAH was Blizzard's biggest fuckup by allowing power to be bought.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Since when is "quin69" on twitch a source though?

Has this been confirmed by any adults?
    He was interviewing a lead dev...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by horbindr View Post
    i don't think they will stop at cosmetics.

i think they will try to fragment content updates. they will do the traditional xpacs ofc, but then maybe for $10 you can get a extra questchain here or there, a new area, etc. and who knows, maybe they will think d3 necro worked out well and classes wil be seperate too.
    And that is where microtransactions go to shit. Putting an entire class (Necro for D3) behind a paywall was something I laughed at while playing PoE that actually provides its content updates for free.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Darklurker View Post
    It's content, just like anything else. Content that could enrich the gameplay loop but is instead carved out..
    You just don't understand that cosmetics in mtx stores only exist in the game because of said store, right? Without the store these items would never exist in first place. Store items get many times outsourced and to make any profit at all they are obviously MTX within the game. I hate people that never worked in software developement and think that these items are just "carved out" of the game to be put in the store, which is simply almost never the case.
    Last edited by Nokami; 2019-11-08 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Cosmetic MTXs are fine by me. Let whales fund more content for a game I love w/o them being any stronger with the CC.
    I see this mentioned every now and then, but what content are you talking about?

Diablo 3 Asia is basically one big cash shop, and they don't have new content. So what makes people think they will reinvest the money in the game and not some other franchise in the pipe?

This is extremely good, also I didn't expect anything else.

Keep D4 relevant and not just release an expansion every 2 years and nothing but few balance changes in between.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by This One Time At Bandcamp View Post
    MTX will be a thing as long as people buy stuff..

Money in the bank is way more important than a few negative reactions on Social Media.
    Yep. This is how video gaming works now. Some will do MTX for cosmetics; others will do MTX for power. It's not going to go away. Personally I find it really easy to ignore cosmetic MTX so it's not a problem for me.

For everyone else: Blizzard would be doing this whether Activision was in the picture or not. Stop making excuses for them. Their management has always know how to monetize gaming. After the Necromancer DLC for Diablo III I can't even start to imagine how this is a surprise.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-11-08 at 09:13 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Path of Exile is a FREE-TO-PLAY game. That's its entire monetization. Diablo 3 sold 30 million copies, and Diablo 4 will probably sell around the same number... no reason to double dip on it.

Stop being stubborn.
    Yes. But do you want them to abandon the game after a year? And Poe isn't free to play. Its practically unplayable without the extra bank tabs.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-11-08 at 09:13 PM.

As long as it is a purely MTX microtransactions, then I don't mind at all. It's a good way for Blizzard to keep the game profitable, while also giving something extra to the people that want it.
    But once you step into the realm of gaining actual in game advantages in terms of mechanics, then I don't support that.
    I have no problem with Blizzard milking the cows!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Yes. But do you want them to abandon the game after a year?
    Honest question, what do you people expect will they get as extra content from the MTX?

What kind of content? That we will get extra classes (like the Necro in D3) for free? That they wont also charge for that? What are we expecting here?

I love how people expect this means new content lmao. They said support thata it. D3 hsd MTX in their largest market Asian, D3 got the worse support out of all their games.