View Poll Results: Is this offensive to say?

Voters
91. This poll is closed
  • No it’s not offensive at all

31 34.07%
  • Yes it’s very offensive

4 4.40%
  • Ok Boomer

56 61.54%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynarii View Post
    It's a pretty brainless meme phrase, and the people using it sound like three year olds who just learned a new word and are using it to describe everything they see whether it fits or not. Is that offensive? Not really. Says more about the speaker than the target.
    Found the boomer straight up second post guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    ok boomer .
    You'd have to use Millennial

It’s not offensive, jut stupid. Mainly because people say it to everyone they don’t agree with, stopping any chance of a discussion and most targets aren’t even boomers.

Quote Originally Posted by wheresmywoft View Post
    Well I mean that certainly differentiates its use then doesn't it? The ones using millennial is still using it for the purposes of highlighting age.
    No, they're using age to justify their dismissal of the person's opinion....just like how Boomer is used.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Ok boomer is in the rise out of nowhere and many are calling it the new “n word” and on the levels of other derogatory terms. How do you feel about this term? As a millennial, I’m not offended by it at all and find it very entertaining to use and see xD. This shouldnt offend anyone
    the fact that you can write one normally, and having to use a descriptor ("the n-word") for the other make it very clear that they are nowhere near each other in severity.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    No, they're using age to justify their dismissal of the person's opinion....just like how Boomer is used.
    I mean that is directly opposed to what you first started quoting me on.

I see it more used in situations based on how someone thinks, or doesn't think. Than based on age.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981
    I don't believe in observational proof because I have arrived at the conclusion that such a thing doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by lagiacrux View Post
    the fact that you can write one normally, and having to use a descriptor ("the n-word") for the other make it very clear that they are nowhere near each other in severity.
    Incoming the “B-word” i also heard someone make a joke saying Boma is the okay version since she didn’t use the hard E-R
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Lynarii View Post
    It's a pretty brainless meme phrase, and the people using it sound like three year olds who just learned a new word and are using it to describe everything they see whether it fits or not. Is that offensive? Not really. Says more about the speaker than the target.
    I mean, okay boomer?

On a serious note, I've been having to hear about those pesky, nasty Millennials for the longest time. Its hilarious how all the boomers are getting upset when they are universally labeled.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's neither "new" nor "offensive". Also, anyone who uses "ageism" unironically in such a context is an idiot.

/signed An Old dude

I mean that is directly opposed to what you first started quoting me on.
    Actually, to clarify the record...you started quoting me when i said:

Yeah that's true...I guess it's closer to dismissing someone's opinion simply because they are a millennial.

"Your opinion doesn't matter because you're just another X"
    So, it is exactly in line with my original statement. Both are using someone's age as a reason why their opinion is not valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    It's the milkshake of memes!

You're welcome America!

The real question is; will we get infracted for using OKBoomer ? /s
    OKZoomer

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Bingo. I guess being dismissive is a grave insult to Boomers though. Clearly they're far more important than the generations that came after them.
    They deserve our respect, naturally, right? It cracks me up that they are basically playing into the stereotype.

10+ Year Old Account
    This whole Boomer v Millenial stuff is quite entertaining...

Meanwhile we in Gen X are here with the popcorn...

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    It's neither "new" nor "offensive". Also, anyone who uses "ageism" unironically in such a context is an idiot.

/signed An Old dude
    Yeah I've heard the term for years. My grandpa would lament about boomers in a less ... meme-ish way.

If I have to hear about my "horrible work ethic" from boomers that then go around and complain about ANY change, or ANY extra work ... I don't know. Like, how can they then go on to compare this to a racial slur.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Actually, to clarify the record...you started quoting me when i said:

So, it is exactly in line with my original statement. Both are using someone's age as a reason why their opinion is not valid.
    You tried to align with various positions.

That's usually how "millennial" is used too. Most of the time it isn't even describing actual millennials.
    Not really worth discussing too much further. I'm going to bow out. Enjoy your weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981
    I don't believe in observational proof because I have arrived at the conclusion that such a thing doesn't exist.

You tried to align with various positions.

Not really worth discussing too much further. I'm going to bow out. Enjoy your weekend.
    They aren't conflicting positions. You can misidentify someone's age and still use that as justification for dismissing their opinion.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2019-11-08 at 10:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    This whole Boomer v Millenial stuff is quite entertaining...

Meanwhile we in Gen X are here with the popcorn...
    "OK Boomer" is a Zoomer meme, it's just also been picked up by millennials since they are equally pissed off with the Boomers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Right?

No one ever notices us, thankfully. We just kinda sit on the sidelines watching the spears flying back and forth and enjoying our popcorn.
    Gen X'ers often just get misidentified as either Boomers or Millennials

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a pretty weak insult.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Ok boomer is in the rise out of nowhere and many are calling it the new “n word” and on the levels of other derogatory terms. How do you feel about this term? As a millennial, I’m not offended by it at all and find it very entertaining to use and see xD. This shouldnt offend anyone
    rofl

The new "n word"? Bwahahahahahahaha

The only ones getting offended are the pretentious boomers who expect everyone to hang upon their every word. "Ok boomer" is a punch up. The "n word" is a punch down. Far too many conservatives can't grasp that simple fact and the implications of those concepts.