Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Actually no. Its a glorious trainwreck and i really wanna see what big "twist" at the end will be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I knew Sylvanas was going to the gateway into the next expansion regardless of what form it ultimately took, so I'm less-than-surprised she features heavily in Shadowlands. I do feel she's chewing the scenery at this point and I hope her profile in Shadowlands is limited, kind of like Gul'dan's was back in Legion. If WoW follows its overall patterns in storytelling this is likely to be the case - with Sylvanas being a "Disc 1 villain" that gets dealt with early on in the first tier, and then the story opens up to the Jailer and whatever its role is in things from there.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Yeah, they are spamming her to drive up hate towards her and satisfaction when she's dealt with. She is likely the boss of the Maw raid in the first half of the expansion.

After they killed off every interesting character by death or "Alliance-izaton" who the hell do you people want me to find interesting if not Sylvanas?

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Normal pattern on this forum

"I am bored with Thrall"
    "I am bored with Dragons"
    "I am bored with all the Fel"
    "I am bored with Sylvanas"

Honestly..when do you see her? In cinematics or when she gives you a quest. Whoop-dee-doop. I am more bored with camping rares on my alts. I definitely see Nathos face more than Sylvanas.

So what, she drives the story...something she didn't really do much for 13 years (unless you talked to her occasionally as an UD in your questing). I doubt there is a middle way, because other leaders like Baine and Vol'jin were killed when they still had potential aka "Too soon"

I am sure in 2 years you will be bored with all the...shadow?
    The point is not that I am are bored with her appearance. I am bored with her plotshield grafted on by the Banshee loyalists who would quite lierally line up so Sylvanas has an easier time of murdering them for her Deathgod boyfriend.
    As if it weren't enough that we keep having to read how the fanboys defend every last of her actions (including mass murder, warmongering and genocide) and that she is just a misunderstood hero a cinematic like this where she effortlessly beats the crap out of Bolvar with a smug grin is just annoying.

Evil characters need to get their comeupance. You can delay it a bit to make it more satisfying but there is such a thing as waiting too long. If you do that your readers/players start to think that you like the character more then it deserves and thus you make up ridiculous reasons why she has not been killed yet.

Basically this happened in GoTh (which as a whole is pretty bad, but it works for this argument). Jeoffrey was a little psychopathic shit pretty much from the first moment we saw him. He was cruel, smug, whiney and delighted in causing other people mental and physical pain. He was basically evil to the bone with not an iota of a redeeming quality. Yet he survived 4 seasons (I think, not gonna check) and several books. He never failed, he never got into real trouble, his wishes and wants were never denied in any meanigful way. Everyone in the world just accomodated him. When he was finally killed, it was not a "oh my what a great scene" but "geez, that was about time", because people were bored by seeing this soulless brat winning at every opportunity.

The same thing is happening to Sylvanas at the moment. Despite what Ion might think, she is not "morally grey", she is clearly evil and yet she has been winning everywhere throughout BFA, tricking everyone left and right and despite what Saurfang said, she never really "failed", because he never knew what her true goal was. In that she succeeded gloriously, so much that she doesn't even need the Horde as her cannon fodder anymore. The cinematic of her beating the Lich King effortlessly with a smug grin is the direct continuation of this development. She needed to get at least a bloody friggin lip there. Show some exhaustion after destroying an army of undead...

Hell no I really enjoy how the she is making the nerds mad.

Everytime I see her in a cinematic I know there will be an ocean of satly tears and I love it.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-11-08 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Received Infraction
    (Removed for Violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Sylvanas is one of the few characters who represents a different kind of stereotype from most others else and the only one who moves the plot along. By default she's the most, read: only interesting participant for no other reason than because she is the sole proactive participant, everyone else would, if left to their own devices, simply vegetate, given how devoid they are of conflict, goals, needs or ambitions. Sylvanas wants to do X. Everyone else wants to stop Sylvanas from doing X, but they don't actually want to do Y separate from this. Ergo, no Sylvanas, no story. Replace Sylvanas in this equation with Tyrande, N'zoth, Azshara or whoever happens to be moving the plot along at the moment. Proactive parties will invariably be the player focus. Hence why the entire past two years have been nothing but Sylvanas threads, despite her barely making an appearance in the expansion where she was reduced to a mustache-twirling 'just as planned' meme.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2019-11-08 at 12:04 PM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

She's still better than all other main living figures. So nope. Not really.

Quote Originally Posted by Exhuman View Post

Everytime I see her in a cinematic I know there will be an ocean of satly tears and I love it.
    This.

It's been truly a pleasure watching every neckbeard and incel cry rivers of salt about her for more than a year now. If anything, we need more characters like her in the story.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-11-08 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

7+ Year Old Account
    She's not a character. That ended in wotlk
    She is a plot device
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Honestly, I just want her trapped in the Maw at this rate. She's so fucking annoying.

"tHiS wORld iS a PriSoN"

Give me a fucking break.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    After they killed off every interesting character by death or "Alliance-izaton" who the hell do you people want me to find interesting if not Sylvanas?
    Illidan, Velen, Bolvar, Khadgar, etc.

Lotta impotent shitheads in here.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-11-08 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really bored but I wouldn't mind her story wrapping up in Shadowlands. I'd like to see more characters get some spotlight

yeah she's boring

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    I just read OP first words

Quote Originally Posted by Razaron View Post
    This isn’t a hate thread
    then i saw his avatar.

I haven't been following the BfA story line because I've been playing Vanilla/Classic for over a year now. So when I saw that she and the Lich King were the main feature in the Shadowlands, I was surprised. I'm like, really?? They haven't concluded this Sylvanas madness yet?

When Darnassus burned to the ground, Blizzard kept telling outraged players to wait and see how the story pans out, don't be too quick to judge, this isn't Garrosh 2.0, etc... Well she's still around to cause a bunch of dumb shit for another expansion, so apparently they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Exhuman View Post

Infracted.
    So... you only like a character because she makes other players enjoy the game less?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Odintdk View Post
    This.

It's been truly a pleasure watching every neckbeard and incel cry rivers of salt about her for more than a year now. If anything, we need more characters like her in the story.
    Her main fan and lead writer (Danuser) is unironically am irl neckbeard and possibly incel. If anything she is an idol of those people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Sylvanas is one of the few characters who represents a different kind of stereotype from most others else and the only one who moves the plot along. By default she's the most, read: only interesting participant for no other reason than because she is the sole proactive participant, everyone else would, if left to their own devices, simply vegetate, given how devoid they are of conflict, goals, needs or ambitions. Sylvanas wants to do X. Everyone else wants to stop Sylvanas from doing X, but they don't actually want to do Y separate from this. Ergo, no Sylvanas, no story. Replace Sylvanas in this equation with Tyrande, N'zoth, Azshara or whoever happens to be moving the plot along at the moment. Proactive parties will invariably be the player focus. Hence why the entire past two years have been nothing but Sylvanas threads, despite her barely making an appearance in the expansion where she was reduced to a mustache-twirling 'just as planned' meme.
    Tbh if game went to the point where plot should be driven by the means you described i think they game should just die a quite death.

she was much more interesting when she was just an elf trying to cope with her deathlessness
    ...that's just my opinion, anyway.

All of this cosmological stuff is too boring for me. I'd like to get Warcraft back, please. my thing is killing defias and orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Tbh if game went to the point where plot should be driven by the means you described i think they game should just die a quite death.
    It already is. The cinematic is a microcosm of the future. Bolvar is a guy who's job is to sit in a chair, is attacked by Sylvanas, someone who only exists to cause conflict, resulting in the progress of the plot. Without her, he would never do shit, because he has no motive to. In the future it won't be Bolvar and it won't be Sylvanas, but the dynamic will be the same. Outside agents will need to move the existing situation because the existing situation is by default void of all conflict.

Before, this was not the case, as races and characters had needs, goals and desired which conflicted with one another. For example, dwarf wants to dig, tauren wants to settle in and protect land, ergo, dwarf shoot tauren, tauren bash dwarf. Or the two meet up and argue about it and come to a conclusion. Or the two refer it to their representatives and it becomes a bigger deal. But since now every race can just exist unless outside stimuli intervene, the only way for the plot to continue is if some yob forces the parties to react.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2019-11-08 at 04:25 PM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    I just read OP first words

then i saw his avatar.

Whats wrong with my avatar? It’s some personal art of my character, I must say your contribution to the subject of this thread is immense.
    Last edited by Razaron; 2019-11-08 at 10:10 PM.