Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    It's obvious that Sylvanas has Beta access to the Shadowlands and is 10 levels higher than anyone else. She went to ICC to farm the undead pony like the rest of us and DE'd the sub-par gear drops.
    Last edited by Lodreh; 2019-11-12 at 06:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    There have not been any new scourge for over a decade. They are extinct by now. Any other outcome is exceptionally poor writing.

Further, Bolvar could have commanded the scourge to light themselves on fire, jump off of cliffs, etc. If he did not do so, then we can confirm he is evil/bad guy.
    I'm pretty sure the Helm of Domination is not a "remote control" of sorts to the undead, and more like a leash.

Still on the analogy of a leash, I believe the Scourge (at least the mindless ones) are not like trained dogs. They're rabid dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    A generic Orc warrior who was very old did more damage to Sylvanas than the Lich King.
    Also he was a much more venerable combatant than Bolvar ever was.

Quote Originally Posted by roboscorcher View Post
    It's not even that Bolvar was weak. Sylvannas is OP. She's been holding back her power level for all of BfA, though we did see glimpses in the BfA opener and Saurfang fight.
    She wasn't op in that trailer.

I know shes been empowered yadadada. But she outplayed Bolvar in the trailer, she wasn't stronger than him. She literally deflected one single blow and spent the rest of the time dodging and placing the arrows. Had she not of had the arrows but still been empowered I reckon she'd lost a proper 1v1
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Cleanzewow View Post
    We never knew how powerful Bolvar, The Lich King was.
    Arthas lore wise was getting weaker
    The “always must be a lich king” still applies after Sylvanas vs Bolvar encounter, but the undead are not controlled.

Since I dont know when, Scourge was always the biggest threat to Azeroth. Shadowlands is an expansion that will probably resolve the Scourge issue. Its obvious

Bye
    Always must be a lich king....yeah true. Probably why the Shadowlands pre-patch is a scourge invasion. Maybe this means there's more story to tell for them. Fuck man....reading, it's hard.
    Bye

Edit: Of course Blizz didn't do anything to truly expand the lore. The point of these announcements is to produce hype, it's not meant to tell you much of the story. Just wait for at least the pre-patch before you eat any more sour patch kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fatgunn View Post
    Saurfang got in one scratch. WOW!
    Malfurion almost killed her too in the darkshore if not for saurfang
    This space could contain your signature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    They fucked up the lich king right after he was dead with the "there must always be a lich king" crap.
    The "there must always be a lich king" isn't that bad tbh.

It makes sense, once the scourge was unleashed on azeroth and the helm of domination forged to control the scourge, not having someone control them would make them go rampant.

Besides, wow without a lich king feels wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleanzewow View Post
    We never knew how powerful Bolvar, The Lich King was.
    Arthas lore wise was getting weaker
    The “always must be a lich king” still applies after Sylvanas vs Bolvar encounter, but the undead are not controlled.

Since I dont know when, Scourge was always the biggest threat to Azeroth. Shadowlands is an expansion that will probably resolve the Scourge issue. Its obvious

Bye
    Well, while we're in Shadowlands, the Scourge will roam and feast on the innocent..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    The "there must always be a lich king" isn't that bad tbh.

It makes sense, once the scourge was unleashed on azeroth and the helm of domination forged to control the scourge, not having someone control them would make them go rampant.

Besides, wow without a lich king feels wrong.
    It only makes sense because they said it does. They could have just has easily said all the scourge would start to die off.

The lich king was great but having him around forever is lame.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    A generic Orc warrior who was very old did more damage to Sylvanas than the Lich King.
    I keep seeing this repeated, but it was extremely obvious that she was just toying with Saurfang. She only accepted the Mak'gora to make him suffer.

i thin people are offended by bolvar losing just because "retail bad" mentality of some people, imo cinematic was great and i would be extreamly suprised if character they have been building for past 2 expansions suddenly lost to nobody (bolvar is a nobody, we know nothing about him as a lich king, besides one maybe two questlines)

2019 , of course a female is able to defeat a male king.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    The Legion was always the biggest threat to Azeroth. The Scourge was created by them to weaken it. People y’all gotta play WC3 it’s so obvious that you haven’t.
    And then the scourge grew beyond the legion's control.

Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Flower View Post
    I don't think it's a 'lore problem.' The cutscene just wasn't satisfying to watch. They did a better job with Saurfang vs Sylvanas IMO in terms of making a fun to watch fight.

And for 'there must always be...a lich king' there will be consequences with the scourge invasion pre event so at least they're addressing that lore.
    THIS ^

And the fact that sylvanas has been the focus of nearly every cinematic lately

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    There have not been any new scourge for over a decade. They are extinct by now. Any other outcome is exceptionally poor writing.

Further, Bolvar could have commanded the scourge to light themselves on fire, jump off of cliffs, etc. If he did not do so, then we can confirm he is evil/bad guy.
    In the cold of Northrend the scourge wouldn't even rot. Their numbers should be roughly similar now to what they were at the end of Wrath.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

What I'm worried won't be particularly congruent with the story IRT the Lich King is how exactly Kil'jaeden and the Dreadlords got the Crown of Domination and the rest of the gear that they needed to create the Lich King. If they have that kind of sway in the Shadowlands with this forgeman guy I'm guessing there's going to be some story muckery with Argus being the Titan of Death and all that.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.