Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Krille View Post
    I can only go to myself. Grinding at lower levels doesn't feel worth it because you know that all the progress you're currently doing wont mean much at max level. Because for most games, the endgame starts at max level. It might not be true for Classic, where items from lower level dungeons can still be BiS pre raiding gear.

Blizzard solved the repetition problem by introducing m+, not everyone enjoys it though, but it makes every dungeon feel slightly different each week. Back when there was only heroic/mythic dungeons, you only did any dungeon if there was a weekly quest tied to it (like in BC and WotLK). It's sort of similar now, to be honest, i only do one lvl 15 key on retail per week (for the loot chest).

But there are people that push keys as their only way of playing the game.
    They didn't solve the repetition problem. You're still repeating the same 10 dungeons for 2 years...

The argument of it not being worth it to get stuff at low level because you get something better at high level is exactly equivalent to the same argument but related to lower or higher item levels, but you don't apply it there.

It's a ladder. You climb a few steps at a time - you can't just stand at the top and yell down "ALL THE OTHER STEPS DON'T MATTER". That's nonsense, and obviously so, and yet people are doing it all the time and using it as an excuse to hollow out the vast majority of the game's content.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    So we have everyone guessing about numbers with half assuming one thing and half another.

We have classic players being mad at retail players bagging on classic.

We have retail players being mad at classic players bagging on retail.

We have retail players bagging on classic.

We have classic players bagging on retail.

We have classic and retail players trying to keep the peace.

We have people who play both who dont understand why people are so angry.

Did I miss anyone?
    Probably the ones that don't play either of them but complain and bash anyway.
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    some of those are even playing Classic today. Have you ever heard of Toweeeliie? He has always been a pretty anti-private server advocate for many years, but as soon as Classic was announced he jumped on the train wagon and turned himself into a Classic shill just to feed on the hipe.

Disgusting
    Towelliee is the lowest form of shill. Its not that he was anti-private server. He was anti vanilla preaching Blizzard's directives at the time: Vanilla Bad. You think you do but you don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krille View Post
    You must be completely oblivious to the "retail is dead"-threads then?
    I am because they are a joke in number and scope compared to what I mentioned.

Something on par would be having half the forums campaign aggressively that retail should not exist and all retail servers must be closed asap. You think you want that retail but you don't.
    Last edited by Vorkreist; 2019-11-06 at 04:49 PM.

Re: original topic, Activision-Blizzard's earnings report is tomorrow, so if Classic sub growth is worth publicly bragging about, we'll hear from Brack.

Quote Originally Posted by Celarent View Post
    Re: original topic, Activision-Blizzard's earnings report is tomorrow, so if Classic sub growth is worth publicly bragging about, we'll hear from Brack.
    Seems it's the case :

And so we see once again all the haters being factually proved wrong, and we can know with certainty that will now ignore/dismiss/try to claim it's a detail/whatever and just invent another pretext to start hating

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Seems it's the case :
    Not only that, but as sleuthed in other threads, Brack's wording gave the public a number without an official statement.

What skeptics have overlooked much of this time is the gigantic pool of onetime customers Blizzard has had available to market to. From 10s of millions, you have possible conversion of hundreds of thousands — or as we've had confirmed, single-digit millions — of players who had quit WoW but would subscribe again under the right conditions, in this case for earlier-era gameplay.

Also, I've seen posters focus on use of the word "reach" in earnings statements/calls. I'd take that as action in disengaged segments — mine, for example. I hadn't touched a Blizzard game, or evened opened a re-engagement email, in 3 years before subscribing for a 3-month package and playing WoW several hours a week.

This is a huge success and eye-opener, and only internal politics at Blizzard, really, can get in the way of continued success.

Quote Originally Posted by Celarent View Post
    Not only that, but as sleuthed in other threads, Brack's wording gave the public a number without an official statement.[
    Well, it didn't gave a number, but it gave a bracket. He said it was the "biggest quarterly increase to subscriptions in a quarterly plan", and we can check and notice that the previous biggest was WoD release with a 2,6 M increase.
    So we can consider that Classic led to more than 2,6 M increase, so counting the people already subscribed there was an absolute minimum of something like 3 million people playing it, and probably quite more.

Let's see if the clowns from this thread which laughed at the idea of Classic having even 1 million are going to eat a crow or if they'll just quietly shut up and pretend they were never wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Well, it didn't gave a number, but it gave a bracket. He said it was the "biggest quarterly increase to subscriptions in a quarterly plan", and we can check and notice that the previous biggest was WoD release with a 2,6 M increase.
    So we can consider that Classic led to more than 2,6 M increase, so counting the people already subscribed there was an absolute minimum of something like 3 million people playing it, and probably quite more.

Let's see if the clowns from this thread which laughed at the idea of Classic having even 1 million are going to eat a crow or if they'll just quietly shut up and pretend they were never wrong.
    WoD was just a 2.6 million? I thought it was more like 4 mi, well.

That is a pretty impressive number.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Played Classic for 2 months. Bored already. Was to be expected. Don't see the appeal of it long term, more so when balance is non existent.

Give me a ring when there's a TBC server, superior to Vanilla in every way.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    What exactly did they release that was how "Azeroth as it stood before Cataclysm" aside from Classic than? Maybe a store mount of something.
    hes saying millions have played classic, not that is has millions of players constantly.

It could have 21 players right now, but it did have millions come back to azeroth before the catalcysm.
    classic has proven to be an amazing launch success.
    there is 1 final test for it though.
    how will it last?

every wow expansion is an amazing launch success, every expansion SKYROCKETS the playerbase.
    but the failure comes when players finish the content then leave in large amounts.
    we now need to see how classic handles.

10+ Year Old Account
    And it looks to be on the rise yet. That is pretty cool.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    Where did you get that from? Nothing in Blizzard statement during Blizzcon or their earning call says anything about actual trend. Q3 MAU were higher than in previous quarter, but that's just the release and first month. As for October and later, we'll get that info in 3 months. And even then, unless it's clearly stated that Classic was still increasing in Q4, you cannot tell what was actually happening.

Quote Originally Posted by akaTheDude View Post
    Its strange how many people on MMO Champ HATE BFA.....its sad.
    I agree, it's a sad place we found ourselves in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    Lol said who? They have gone on record saying numbers have dropped. As expected. Where on Earth did you come up with the idea that it is increasing?

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    hes saying millions have played classic, not that is has millions of players constantly.

It could have 21 players right now, but it did have millions come back to azeroth before the catalcysm.
    how will it last?

every wow expansion is an amazing launch success, every expansion SKYROCKETS the playerbase.
    but the failure comes when players finish the content then leave in large amounts.
    Or it could be the other way. Deal with it? The real question is.. why does it matter to you so much? You seem to be very pushy when it comes to these topics. I take it somehow you are a victim in all of this and this is you just trying to stop the hate child or something? GG.

Or it could be the other way. Deal with it? The real question is.. why does it matter to you so much? You seem to be very pushy when it comes to these topics. I take it somehow you are a victim in all of this and this is you just trying to stop the hate child or something? GG.
    i told you what, and now you are getting defensive and name calling.

wow alright low hanging fruit alright.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I agree, it's a sad place we found ourselves in.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol said who? They have gone on record saying numbers have dropped. As expected. Where on Earth did you come up with the idea that it is increasing?
    They said on the call that the number are on the rise, didn't they? Or have I imagined that?

Ofc classic would explode at release and for 1-2 months, that was expected by everyone. Question is - will it keep those players around? My friendslist was before classic release filled with people online, but they played other games than wow or no blizzard game at all, they were just online. When classic launched? Friendlist were filled with people online playing wow classic. Now? Its back to normal again. Those people who actually still are around plays retail again, like they did before classic.

Im still dabbing into classic now and then and SW/IF is not filled as it was. Questing zones aint that filled anymore either. So the huge hype has overall went and gone.

But it doesnt really matter. Im betting its rather easy for Blizzard to just keep the servers alive forever with little work. Theres clearly a playerbase for it and thats cool.

Theres also a playerbase for retail, even though several ppl on this site REALLY want retail to be dead lol

i told you what, and now you are getting defensive and name calling.

wow alright low hanging fruit alright.
    Ah, the old "this is what I am doing so its you doing it now" line of logic. Easy W for me.

People still moving the goal posts...

First it was 'see in a few weeks', then 'see in a couple of months'... and now nearly 3 months in, they still keep moving them.

Till when? Do we need 1 year of huge success for people to stop moving the goal post? 2 years? 5? Surpassing retail? geez, make up your minds already!

Ah, the old "this is what I am doing so its you doing it now" line of logic. Easy W for me.

how will it last?

Name calling/defencive-ness has been bolded, if i name called you in my post please feel free to show me where.
    but seriously?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    People still moving the goal posts...

First it was 'see in a few weeks', then 'see in a couple of months'... and now nearly 3 months in, they still keep moving them.

Till when? Do we need 1 year of huge success for people to stop moving the goal post? 2 years? 5? Surpassing retail? geez, make up your minds already!
    i havnt seen anyone say a few weeks since there is no way we can tell.
    but yes "a few months" is accurate, we have seen the months that wow classic has launched. we now need to see the months that it hasnt for comparison.

cause idk if you know, but we cant see how successful classic is month to month, our only real way of telling is the earning calls, and with this one done, it has proven classic was a huge launch success, now we need to see if that continues into another quarter. if it does, then thats it, its done, classic is a huge long term success.