Thread: Diablo 4 Druid

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Malacrass View Post
    The gameplay looks nice, but it seems that Wolf- and Bearform are pretty much only cosmetic if it changes automatically based on ability? Normal attacks in wolf form, aoe stuns and smashes in bear (and then you instantly transform back?). So it's just eyecandy, not a dedicated playstyle like in D2?

Would be a shame, but maybe this is where talents/runes/legendaries come in.
    If you use both physical (wolf/bear) and magical abilities, yes. More realistically, if you're playing wolf/bear, you will be sitting in that form most of the time and only shifting out to cast buffs/pets. I think it's neat, but don't expect to be shifting in and out non stop during fights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    I have a love hate relationship with companions. I loved using ranged ones with freeze in D2. I hated that they offered some pretty good buffs and abilities in D3 and it always ended up being the Templar that was best for my character. If he would have just shut up.
    I think the D3 one really didn't feel too useful beyond Unity shenanigans. In D2 I loved the Freezing Aura act 2 Merc with a Reaper's Toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    I think the D3 one really didn't feel too useful beyond Unity shenanigans. In D2 I loved the Freezing Aura act 2 Merc with a Reaper's Toll.
    Probably my favorite thing in D2 was just freezing then breaking enemies. So satisfying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Probably my favorite thing in D2 was just freezing then breaking enemies. So satisfying.
    That somehow had a very satisfying sound effect! Now I feel like playing D2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Either a wind druid or a zealadin pl0x

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    There is going to be a Paladin or Crusader, they were too fun to pass up in a D4. Maybe in the Expansion though.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the last two classes added were the two DLC classes from D3 (So, some kind of tank melee and some kind of summoner) and then a physical ranged (Probably Amazon or Assassin) was added in the first expansion.

EDIT: Just looked at the Shapeshift talent trees. VERY impressed. Werebear looks like it plays exactly how I want it to. I'm thinking I'll be playing Werebear, with some Raven pets.
    Last edited by Gallahadd; 2019-11-06 at 02:33 PM.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if the last two classes added were the two DLC classes from D3 (So, some kind of tank melee and some kind of summoner) and then a physical ranged (Probably Amazon or Assassin) was added in the first expansion.

EDIT: Just looked at the Shapeshift talent trees. VERY impressed. Werebear looks like it plays exactly how I want it to. I'm thinking I'll be playing Werebear, with some Raven pets.
    Fury Werewolf build is my favorite build in D2, very very hyped to play and main a druid in D4.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2019-11-06 at 07:52 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Fury Werebear build is my favorite build in D2, very very hyped to play and main a druid in D4.
    Werewolf Fury fan here! Super hyped for Druid in D4 as well. Druid going to be popular I reckon, which still amazes me why it wasn't ever added to D3 (probably cause the second expansion - King in the North - got cancelled).

Edit Werewolf build i meant not werebear even though that's fun too.

Fury - 20
    Werewolf - 20
    Lycanthropy - 20
    Heart of Wolverine - 20

Something like that if i remember right then you had some extra point to put wherever.

Oh and of course with a Ribcrusher staff

- - - Updated - - -

Werewolf Fury fan here! Super hyped for Druid in D4 as well. Druid going to be popular I reckon, which still amazes me why it wasn't ever added to D3 (probably cause the second expansion - King in the North - got cancelled).
    Yes sorry i meant werewolf, just edited my post

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes sorry i meant werewolf, just edited my post
    Figured as much. Very cool play style. Super fast attack and run speed. Also enjoyed a Wind Druid though.

druid looks really fun... my biggest worry is that theyre going to keep using the d3 resource system. thats what i disliked most about d3. i want the d2 system back, i dont care if i have to carry 3 belts worth of mana potions. let me use my fun abilities. if i want to spam meteor as a sorceress, let me. if i want to be a spinning top of doom on a barb, let me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bane-Thunder-God View Post
    Watched a lot of gameplay on youtube, the druid looks so SAVAGE!!!

There was me thinking I'd be maining Barb again but nope Druid all the way with a Barb alt lool.

I really hoped for the return of this class since D3 release and its more than i imagined I'd get.

What class got you most excited?
    I too have a gigantic leaking boner for the new Druid. He's everything I had in my mind that I wanted for an ARPG druid, and more.

I can't wait to go purely storm/wind spells and wreck face.
    If we could all sit and talk without demonizing one another and attempt to understand the opposite point of view, the collective world would be a better place. Mental bigotry is the worst of all.

Figured as much. Very cool play style. Super fast attack and run speed. Also enjoyed a Wind Druid though.
    Indeed high hp pool too or leech was along time since i played it but now i want to install d2 again and do another one

Yeah i always sat there waiting for druid to appear in D3 but nope never came so super pumped now.

Elemental druid was great yeah just melted, cant remember but perhaps wind druid used summons too and not just tornado and hurricane never really played much outside of the werewolf.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2019-11-06 at 08:20 PM.

Druid will probably be the class I play first... Unless they have an Amazon and I can have a Lightning Spear kinda build again.. Or a Hammerdin with Enigma...

10+ Year Old Account
    Fury Werewolf build is my favorite build in D2, very very hyped to play and main a druid in D4.
    Same here. Was low key OP, but required a few important gear pieces, so most people didn't play it.

Looking at the D4 talents, though. I'll basically be playing Volibear. Tanky bear, with a Hurricanes and lightning paws.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Same here. Was low key OP, but required a few important gear pieces, so most people didn't play it.

Looking at the D4 talents, though. I'll basically be playing Volibear. Tanky bear, with a Hurricanes and lightning paws.
    that do sounds like great fun.

Druids gotta be the most versatile class, summons, shape-shifting, spell caster/elementalist.

The wait will kill me I almost wish they announced it like a year before release that's a reasonable amount of time to be hyped but I can see a lot of hate from fans if there would be no more d4 announcements at blizzcon the coming years especially after immortals.

Oh well there is always D2 and grim dawn while we wait.

From playing the demo it seems like they want you to be constantly shifting.

10+ Year Old Account
    that do sounds like great fun.

Druids gotta be the most versatile class, summons, shape-shifting, spell caster/elementalist.
    Oooh, I forgot! Also going to have raven pets!

Seems like a good blend of buffs, debuffs, damage and defense.

lol Druid

Not a popular d2 class; laughed at the cheers for it when it was so unpopular back in the day... until he mentions wow druids and everyone raises their hands.

Makes sense. They think that’s what druid was like in d2...

Nope; you got to open up volcanos and cracks in the ground, summon cute little vines (actually my favorite animation in the entire game) and turn into a bear spamming a low damage “stun”

Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    lol Druid

Not a popular d2 class; laughed at the cheers for it when it was so unpopular back in the day... until he mentions wow druids and everyone raises their hands.

Makes sense. They think that’s what druid was like in d2...

Nope; you got to open up volcanos and cracks in the ground, summon cute little vines (actually my favorite animation in the entire game) and turn into a bear spamming a low damage “stun”
    The stun was never for damage but the stun and it was like a 10sec stun or something op as fuck.

Anyways the most fun class and I can't wait to play it in D4 again.