Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Think what you like. Every game with a cash shop as made their game worse in hopes of selling things from it. Since this is a Activision/Blizzard game i would bet money on it happening.
    I don't agree with this sentiment. AC: Odyssey had problems, I'll admit and it's cash shop did affect the game (xp bonus and items with stats), but the game was still amazing despite those issues.

I know plenty of other games have issue with this though, so I know you're not just blowing smoke and/or over reacting.

Simply put, I don't believe it's a foregone conclusion that a game with MTX is automatically going to be bad or that the MTX will automatically interfere with or hinder the quality of the game or it's entertainment value in any meaningful way. It's a possibility, sure, but I'll wait for that to be proven before I judge and not act like a pessimistic stick in the mud.

If it's just cosmetic then it's not that big a deal.

Unless it's like PoE where the armor/weapons/spell effects in the game look like trash. Then it might.

10+ Year Old Account
    its purely for cosmetics, no actual power. completely fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

If it's really funding development of the game why not just charge a little more for the game? I'll pay it if it's good and doesn't include stupid shit like microtransactions...

Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    I couldnt care less, blizz is chinese company now. You want games for gamers, play south korean games. Next big south korean game is lost ark online. Let blizz die, before it lays eggs.
    Yet you cared enough to post.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamuri View Post
    and also more than cosmetic transactions.
    And still completely free and supported heavily with frequent free updates.

Stash tabs aren’t necessary but we’ll say they are for the sake of arguing.. I only have to pay $25 ish bucks to play a game that receives constant updates and big overhauls instead of $60 just for the game, $40 per expansion, and the game will include mtx
    Una melodía tocada por las cuerdas de nuestras almas,
    y el ritmo que nos sacudió hasta el hueso

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Nobody is "defending microtransactions", we're saying that it's just cosmetic items so it's not that bad.
    That's the definition of defending them. Trying to rationalize it away doesn't change that you are, in fact, offering a defense for them. "It's just cosmetic guys!"

This game is "not even Blizzard soon" and they are already looking at what cool armours they can rip out to sell. Absolute scummy shit, So sad that the new generation takes it from behind on this shit "Gotta support the development!" when they had ZERO issue doing that before MTX. They are also selling expacs with it, so yeah, thanks for killing my hype on this game (along side their terrible itemization being shown off).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Struggle View Post
    If it's really funding development of the game why not just charge a little more for the game? I'll pay it if it's good and doesn't include stupid shit like microtransactions...
    Or.. get this...do like games did for decades before and sell a complete experience for 60 dollars.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    its purely for cosmetics, no actual power. completely fine.
    No, because they are already making your experience worse by already deciding what cool sets to rip from the game to sell. It's not okay and you should know that. I can't believe how gullible people have become. Put a few P2W mechanics in, make people cry, take them out and replace them with armour sets removed from the game and people eat it up because "at least it's not power!"

This is a good thing for people that don't care so much about cosmetics.

D3 got fewer Xpacs because it was seen as less lucrative than other games. With MTX, D4 could be given more attention. MTX in general are pretty benign if they don't cross certain lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    That's the definition of defending them. Trying to rationalize it away doesn't change that you are, in fact, offering a defense for them. "It's just cosmetic guys!"
    So if ur not attacking the concept, you're defending it? Everyone's stance has to be black or white on MTX?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    This game is "not even Blizzard soon" and they are already looking at what cool armours they can rip out to sell. Absolute scummy shit, So sad that the new generation takes it from behind on this shit "Gotta support the development!" when they had ZERO issue doing that before MTX. They are also selling expacs with it, so yeah, thanks for killing my hype on this game (along side their terrible itemization being shown off).

- - - Updated - - -

Or.. get this...do like games did for decades before and sell a complete experience for 60 dollars.

- - - Updated - - -

No, because they are already making your experience worse by already deciding what cool sets to rip from the game to sell. It's not okay and you should know that. I can't believe how gullible people have become. Put a few P2W mechanics in, make people cry, take them out and replace them with armour sets removed from the game and people eat it up because "at least it's not power!"
    cosmetics have no bearing on whether or not i want to buy a game. cool is subjective. dont give two rat shits about appearance in d3.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

I mean inflation is a real thing, and it makes perfect sense for prices to slowly rise over that amount of time. I'd pay extra if it meant funding future development and ending the idea of MTX.

So the game could release without any MTX but later down the road hire some artists and designers to make some cosmetic sets. Are those supposed to be free?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Struggle View Post
    I mean inflation is a real thing, and it makes perfect sense for prices to slowly rise over that amount of time. I'd pay extra if it meant funding future development and ending the idea of MTX.
    Isn't that really what MTX is about?

Apex Legends: completely free on the basic level. MTX (which can be bypassed by just playing) only serve the purpose of gun and character skins for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post

Apex Legends: completely free on the basic level. MTX (which can be bypassed by just playing) only serve the purpose of gun and character skins for the most part.
    Who is to say the cosmetics they sell are not going to available in game?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I don't agree with this sentiment. AC: Odyssey had problems, I'll admit and it's cash shop did affect the game (xp bonus and items with stats), but the game was still amazing despite those issues.

I know plenty of other games have issue with this though, so I know you're not just blowing smoke and/or over reacting.

Simply put, I don't believe it's a foregone conclusion that a game with MTX is automatically going to be bad or that the MTX will automatically interfere with or hinder the quality of the game or it's entertainment value in any meaningful way. It's a possibility, sure, but I'll wait for that to be proven before I judge and not act like a pessimistic stick in the mud.
    Seeing as every one i have never seen has done that i wouldn't hold my breath but for the sake of the people willing to buy it i hope you're right.

and? if the game gets more love than d3 ill buy skins like i did in PoE

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Different model since Apex's base game doesn't cost money. Double dipping isn't unheard of obviously but it's more about greed at that point.

If D4 and the expansions are free then MTX complaining is kind of dumb, but that isn't the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Darklurker View Post
    https://twitter.com/SkillUpYT/status...02103212802049

So on top of the paid game and expansions, there will be microtransactions. Shame, my excitement had almost made it through one entire week.
    Tell me one online game that doesn`t have paid cosmetics, or some form of non-ptw paid service.

Quote Originally Posted by ls- View Post
    That's expected.

Also, fuck those people who say "it's only cosmetics" and people who say that no one cares about cosmetic rewards.
    Well.. he's not wrong. Its a small but loud minority that cries about shiet like that which doesnt even affect them at all.

Its a non problem as long as you cant buy power which you CANT according to blizz. If it turns out they are telling lies then thats a new discussion.

Until then? Non issue!