Poll: Should streamers have special treatment?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    What the hell? No, fuck the government.
    they've proven they can't make the rules on their own or they become authoritarian.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    they've proven they can't make the rules on their own or they become authoritarian.
    Uhh, no??? Its not your game, you don't have a natural right to it, which is what is implied by demanding the government regulate it.

How about you follow the very loose rules? The kid in this story knew it was wrong, said as much in the video and STILL crossed the line.

You are objectively wrong.

Uhh, no??? Its not your game, you don't have a natural right to it, which is what is implied by demanding the government regulate it.

How about you follow the very loose rules? The kid in this story knew it was wrong, said as much in the video and STILL crossed the line.

You are objectively wrong.
    i already said cheaters should be banned.

but they should be forced to be freer on speech.

They should totally have special treatment.
    In that they should be held up to higher standards than the "plebs", seeing as how they reach an audience and become influencers.

So, if they cheat or whatever, ban the living hell out of them.

People that cheat or exploit should be punished. Those that do it in a public setting getting more to do it should face more extreme punishments.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

i already said cheaters should be banned.

but they should be forced to be freer on speech.
    Like what? Calling people the N-Word?

If you don't like those, again, VERY LOOSE rules, play a different game.

Like what? Calling people the N-Word?

If you don't like those, again, VERY LOOSE rules, play a different game.
    might not allow that. then again, might allow it. mostly talking about cursing and adult conversations.

it's about overall free speech. i think corporations and businesses should be forced to obey by the constitution.

it's about overall free speech. i think corporations and businesses should be forced to obey by the constitution.
    Didn't know businesses were governmental agencies.

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Well, according to the video I linked, big fornite name like ninja is saying they should have different treatment. I assume their millions(?) of followers might have the same ideas too.

edit: Or perhaps most of this is staying in where majority of fortnite players are concentrating or even possibly on these people's stream chats or something.
    Let me put this in a way that's you've far more likely seen before, and why youtubers and streamers who say the punishment was undeserved are wrong. Ready for this?
    Rich person complains that getting the same treatment as a poor person isn't fair.

This is literally the argument all these pompous talk-show shitlords have. They're "special" so they deserve special treatment. They are right, but in a way they don't like: it should be harsher punishments because they're "public" figures.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Didn't know businesses were governmental agencies.
    they're not, but they should be forced to put our nation's interests first above others.

i almost have a communist view on business' relation to government. not quite communist, but i want much more oversight than there is. all for the good of the people, not for enriching the government.

While he shouldn't have done it and seriously deserved the account ban, possibly account perma-ban as punishment, the disparity is pretty unacceptable.

People have cheated in tournaments and received much lighter punishments.

I don't at all believe in personal life-time bans for cheating for first time offenses. If this were a repeat offense, a more serious cheat/hack etc then maybe, but to go beyond the account ban and give a personal ban is pretty over-kill from zero warnings.

In terms of moderation I say no. Been an issue even in WoW with certain guilds and a certain multi boxer getting away with zone area wide disruption while others get threatened with bans.

As a voice of community I would say they do tend to get a higher focus while still biased as long as that is taken in mind. Meanwhile if there is someone who flip flops between hardcore and casual viewpoints then ignore them like that forbes blogger who largely rips off popular community posts that can swing between pro-hardcore and pro-casual.

Mark Zuckerberg robs a convenience store, and films himself for shits and giggles.

The police arrest him, his own live on Facebook being a mountain of evidence.

Ninja: He shouldn't be punished. His company pays a lot of taxes, and his website is an important part of social media. He's not like the filthy rabble.

might not allow that. then again, might allow it. mostly talking about cursing and adult conversations.

You want to limit a businesses to police itself, and practice its own free speech so that you can use racial slurs?

WoW allows you to curse as is - I do it all the time. This topic is about cheating.

- - - Updated - - -

they're not, but they should be forced to put our nation's interests first above others.

i almost have a communist view on business' relation to government. not quite communist, but i want much more oversight than there is. all for the good of the people, not for enriching the government.
    This doesn't even make any sense. Communism is about means of production, not about forcing Blizzard to allow you to call people jews or crackers or slant eyes.

You want to limit a businesses to police itself, and practice its own free speech so that you can use racial slurs?

WoW allows you to curse as is - I do it all the time. This topic is about cheating.

- - - Updated - - -

This doesn't even make any sense. Communism is about means of production, not about forcing Blizzard to allow you to call people jews or crackers or slant eyes.
    i ALREADY FUCKING SAID CHEATERS SHOULD GET BANNED, read what you're quoting. you're the one that had to go questioning what i said, i wouldn't have even posted a second time without you.

i don't want to use slurs myself, i'm a coomer that wants to talk about lewd shit in moon guard trade chat without some loser snitch reporting it. but i don't really care if other people use slurs, as long as they aren't harassing someone.

Of course. They're advertising your game. They deserve harsher punishments than regular folk cheating that aren't advertising aimbots to thousands of people.
    Last edited by anveena; 2019-11-10 at 12:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should content creators been treated diffrently? That's questionable at least in my view.

Yes because they provide content by thier streams or youtube channels, look for Rhyker, LowkoTV, JayborinoPlays etc.

No because if they break the rules, they should been treated equally like players, not been above players.

As i said this is questionable.

i ALREADY FUCKING SAID CHEATERS SHOULD GET BANNED, read what you're quoting. you're the one that had to go questioning what i said, i wouldn't have even posted a second time without you.

i don't want to use slurs myself, i'm a coomer that wants to talk about lewd shit in moon guard trade chat without some loser snitch reporting it. but i don't really care if other people use slurs, as long as they aren't harassing someone.
    Well, your idea is bad, regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Uh, they do obey it.

Nothing in the constitution says that private entities have to just let you say whatever you want within the confines of their space. That's not how "free speech" or anything else works.

What you're suggesting is actually a violation of said private entities' rights.
    business shouldn't be private "entities", they should be made to work with the interest of the people first, then self interest second.

business shouldn't be private "entities", they should be made to work with the interest of the people first, then self interest second.
    Giving a free pass to harassment isn't in the best interest of the people.