Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Well it is an anniversary event, and the original AV was grindy as hell, so I guess they're keeping in the spirit of the thing.

Classic WoW design, get PvE players into a battleground then incentivize them to completely ignore the actual battle, thus pissing off all the PvPers who are there to have fun.

The PvE players can pick up LITERALLY 1000 crates in groups of ten, and the PvP players can bitch and moan about nobody doing PvP, and everybody in general has a bad time. Classic design.

10+ Year Old Account
    People farming the mines are silly. I was getting ~100 armor scraps a minute. I don't feel like it took long to grind at all. I did it in two BGs.

You got 4-5 kills per minute? That's suuuuper impressive.

10+ Year Old Account
    The worst part of this is that it also makes this BG a bad experience for the entire raid cause half the people is farming mine while the other is trying to win the match. Terrible design.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    it will be up every anniversaries I suppose no?
    None of the other ones have been, so I'd say probably not.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't think it was that bad. It's only 200 badges and you have like two months to do it. Scrap drops are super plentiful and since you can sit on a ton before turning it in (unlike the mines where you have to go back every ten boxes) it's pretty efficient to just port back to base and turn in every few hundred. The badges you get for wins/losses also count afaik, plus the initial quests.

It took me a couple days. I had a few matches where I only got like ten badges the whole game because I joined mid-battle but I had one where I was really aggressive with scrap turn ins and got like 90something in a single game (of course it was a pretty long game). Ultimately, it didn't end up being bad. It would be nice if blood turn ins gave badges too but otherwise it seems pretty reasonable.

That said, I also like BGs. The mount is just a higher rez version of the old ones, so it's not really worth doing otherwise, unless you're close to a mount achievement or something. I get the inclination to do stuff you don't enjoy to get a reward you want -- we all do it sometimes -- but if you really hate the BG and you really want the mount, then maybe just do a little each day. Trying to rush it is just silly; you're going to burn yourself out over a reward that isn't urgent in any way.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine being so addicted to collecting mounts that you do something you don't enjoy to the point where you have to vent about it online. The obvious answer is to not do it, but if someone is addicted, they'll do it anyways. So glad I'm not addicted to collecting mounts.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
    Just tried it, waited till gates open and opened a box. Didnt complete.
    Same here. Seems like that doesn't work.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I didn't think it was that bad. It's only 200 badges and you have like two months to do it. Scrap drops are super plentiful and since you can sit on a ton before turning it in (unlike the mines where you have to go back every ten boxes) it's pretty efficient to just port back to base and turn in every few hundred. The badges you get for wins/losses also count afaik, plus the initial quests.

It took me a couple days. I had a few matches where I only got like ten badges the whole game because I joined mid-battle but I had one where I was really aggressive with scrap turn ins and got like 90something in a single game (of course it was a pretty long game). Ultimately, it didn't end up being bad. It would be nice if blood turn ins gave badges too but otherwise it seems pretty reasonable.

That said, I also like BGs. The mount is just a higher rez version of the old ones, so it's not really worth doing otherwise, unless you're close to a mount achievement or something. I get the inclination to do stuff you don't enjoy to get a reward you want -- we all do it sometimes -- but if you really hate the BG and you really want the mount, then maybe just do a little each day. Trying to rush it is just silly; you're going to burn yourself out over a reward that isn't urgent in any way.

Since the anniversary event doesn’t end until the new year, couldn’t one just wait until the timewalking event next week and farm the badges from TW dungeon runs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jikate-Stormrage View Post
    Since the anniversary event doesn’t end until the new year, couldn’t one just wait until the timewalking event next week and farm the badges from TW dungeon runs?
    No, they have to be earned in the battleground.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Rathwirt View Post
    Did they patch out the thing where you could open the anniversary bag with 200 badges inside the bg and get it instantly done? If not, try that on an alt and skip the headache.
    It was hotfixed within the first few hours on the first day.

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    What's up with this bullshit grind? 1 badge per 20 armor scraps, 2 badges per turn in of the mine quest. They could have made the recuirement getting X amount of honor, instead of competing with others for looting 4000 armor scraps or doing the god damn mine quest 100 times.

The raid part of this anniversary was alright but this one is a pile of shit.
    The problem is these are the most efficient ways of completing the task:

1) Completing initial quests (good chunk overall)
    2) Turning in Frostwolves
    3) Running mines
    4) Looting armor scraps -- Do note this would be higher IF it allowed more than one person to loot. Otherwise you are competing against 20-30 others looting the same corpse. This makes it a lot less feasible option and if you are ranged/healer your chances are even less. There is the option of farming npc's, but buy the time you got 20 to turn in you could've made a run for 10 crates in mine and possibly working on second.

Ideally they should increase the winning badges to possibly 25 and losing to 10. That or make it so the "Capture a mine / tower / graveyard" quests are one turn in per bg making it semi-repeatable. The problem stems from actually pvp'ing you can end up with less / time spent.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    None of the other ones have been, so I'd say probably not.
    13th anniversary is up every year with the world bosses. 14th is *technically* up with the items on the vendor. 11 and 12 had only the XP/rep token.

So only ones that you can't get are 4-10. So it's possible 15th could be up again and really I don't see why not. I think they should keep previous years and add on to it. Login pets I'm fine with them not adding back in, but events should stay.

What's up with this bullshit grind? 1 badge per 20 armor scraps, 2 badges per turn in of the mine quest. They could have made the recuirement getting X amount of honor, instead of competing with others for looting 4000 armor scraps or doing the god damn mine quest 100 times.

"I have two full months to complete this optional task. I'd better turn it into a miserable grind by trying to force it out in under one week, then complain that it's grindy and unfun for the next seven weeks."

Seriously, it's not Blizzard's fault that you have no self-control and try to minmax/rush everything far beyond the point of reason. You're given until January 8th for a reason. Chill.

I actually like the event. It was a great opportunity for me to get both Sulfuras and Shadowmourne in action as a fury warrior. (Yes, legendaries works)

It’s supposed to encourage people to do AV as it was back in the day where you actually tried to summon all the elites instead of just Zerging the enemy keep. I’m enjoying it. If you don’t however rest assured this won’t take much more than a week’s worth of effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolfor View Post
    "I have two full months to complete this optional task. I'd better turn it into a miserable grind by trying to force it out in under one week, then complain that it's grindy and unfun for the next seven weeks."

Seriously, it's not Blizzard's fault that you have no self-control and try to minmax/rush everything far beyond the point of reason. You're given until January 8th for a reason. Chill.
    It's not so much that people have a problem with that. It's the investment needed compared to the PVE event that makes it out of balance. Let's say you play the BG only and don't do side activities. You could finish it in 20-40 games. Then we figure each one is roughly a hour long (I've had a lot go longer and some slightly shorter, but it's a nice average). So you are looking at about 20-48 hours (adding queue time) of just playing the BG. Which doesn't sound too bad over a 2 month period. Then you look at the PVE event where at most each wing takes a hour (I did 5 runs of each this past week and even on wipefests it was still about 30-45 minutes). So that's 3 hours for all 3 wins.

So the main gripe is ~3 hours for PvE event and ~20-48 hours for PvP. It's not a matter of "This event takes forever" it's just when put into perspective with its counterpart for the event it's way grindier than it needs to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    So the main gripe is ~3 hours for PvE event and ~20-48 hours for PvP.
    You only say that because your LFR group didn't continually wipe from Defile on Arthas and reset the wing back to Heigan. >_>

In seriousness, though, I see your point about the time cost disparity between the PvP and PvE aspects of the event, but it doesn't feel like that argument is in line with OP's.
    Last edited by Tolfor; 2019-11-09 at 12:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolfor View Post
    You only say that because your LFR group didn't continually wipe from Defile on Arthas and reset the wing back to Heigan. >_>

In seriousness, though, I see your point about the time cost disparity between the PvP and PvE aspects of the event, but it doesn't feel like that argument is in line with OP's.
    I had one of those groups. We went through it about 4 to 5 times after that determination finally let us overcome half the mechanics with lust.

The raid part of this anniversary was alright
    I spent 5 hours getting into groups where they all said "you cant zone in when an encounter is in progress" and noone else cud either and then i just logged off
    Last edited by Spoonman; 2019-11-09 at 01:09 AM.

15+ Year Old Account

Do the ram/wolf taming quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Chloral View Post
    Do like 5% a day or something. It sucks, yes but it's only 200 emblems. Knowing blizz, they could've made it 2000.
    That's what I'm doing, doesn't make it any less of a shit even though.