Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I think the only argument against it, is that there's no lore to justify it. This is one of those scenarios where I'm willing to just overlook it for the sake of diversity. It's not like they're adding black blood elves or anything.
    Judging by dwarves, you can almost guarantee that dark skinned, mahogany elves will be a thing. Same thing with any races that uses human skin tones

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgenmaniac View Post
    Blizzard creatively and subtelty represented non-European races in the game. The game was based off of medieval europe, not America. Woo Ping the weapon master was believable. There could be a chinese weaponmaker/trader in a medieval city. Yes, you can change your skin color in WoW, but the character models have always had european features.

The character model changes in Shadowlands are just not believable at all. It's totally against the lore.

Trolls are supposed to be Jamaican/Caribbean. It is good to have representation. It was one of the best things about the game. A game about only European kingdoms would get boring.
    there are already people with black and Asian features in the lore as well as the black and Asian skin colors in game.

If it's that big a deal, just say the majority of people from the kingdom of Stormwind or Alterac or something were always Asian. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    At least people are openly embracing their racism now rather than making bs arguments .
    This was the intention of the designers of the game. The ones who designed Warcraft. It's not about being racist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard creatively and subtelty represented non-European races in the game. The game was based off of medieval europe, not America. Woo Ping the weapon master was believable. There could be a chinese weaponmaker/trader in a medieval city. Yes, you can change your skin color in WoW, but the character models have always had european features.

The character model changes in Shadowlands are just not believable at all. It's totally against the lore.

Trolls are supposed to be Jamaican/Caribbean. It is good to have representation. It was one of the best things about the game. A game about only European kingdoms would get boring.
    They entire lore has been retcon, you didn't hear? Apparently Chronicles was from the titans perspective so any and all lore is subject to change. It's a fantasy game...there can be people of different color in a European medieval setting in a fantasy game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    there are atleast 3 asian named people in wow since vanila,also...pandas arent human,im not THAT hairy and fat
    Id argue woo ping is just word play for whooping

Umm... this is good bait!

My only issue with these things is that it cost us a new class.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    As a black person i find adding black options offensive.
    Why?

/10char

My only complaint is that someone will no doubt create yellow humans and name them after K-Pop stars.

I hate K-Pop. Specifically for what it does to the minds and bodies of Koreans who feel pressured into looking more "Western" to feel accepted and successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    As a black person i find adding black options offensive.
    As a black person, I find them not offensive and long overdue.

this isn't 2001, the world has expanded far beyond that. If someone is really so pressed about other ethnicities being in the game for a race they probably won't even play, the in-lore reason is that most of them come from booty bay/south seas.

It just boggles my mind because people will look for any reason to be upset about something (not you specifically at all) that literally doesn't affect them at all.
    Last edited by UnluckyAmateur; 2019-11-09 at 03:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

who cares.... so fucking inconsequential...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    As a black person, I find them not offensive and long overdue.

this isn't 2001, the world has expanded far beyond that. If someone is really so pressed about other ethnicities being in the game for a race they probably won't even play, the in-lore reason is that most of them come from booty bay/south seas.
    ^This right here.

Quote Originally Posted by Codah View Post
    I don't really care all that much but don't pretend like you aren't being disingenuous. You know the difference between the magical shit in wow and the fact that we assume that humans in WoW breathe through their nose and mouth like humans in real life.
    That's not being disingenuous. It's ALL "magical shit". 99% of the Warcraft setting cannot be explained in terms of our reality, from the configuration of continents and the way climate seems to work from one adjacent region to the next, to the evolutionary biology of the creatures that exist there. You can assume that Azerothian humans breathe through the nose and mouth simply because artists designed them with noses and mouths, but that doesn't mean you can then go ahead and assume that they are genetically identical to Earth humans. As has already been noted, humans on Azeroth evolved in a completely different way than actual humans did, so while they might look the same their genetic makeup SHOULD be VERY different.

Building on your assumption, you could just assume that Azerothians were always meant to have these variations in appearance, it's just that Blizzard hadn't managed to implement it until now.
    Last edited by Adamas102; 2019-11-09 at 03:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    ^This right here.
    I've been trying really hard not to outright claim it but a lot of the arguments against them just stink of racism. Why in the world would anyone be against more options? If they were a bunch of white faces, we wouldn't even be having this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    That's not being disingenuous. It's ALL "magical shit". 99% of the Warcraft setting cannot be explained in terms of our reality, from the configuration of continents and the way climate seems to work from one adjacent region to the next, to the evolutionary biology of the creatures that exist there. You can assume that Azerothian humans breathe through the nose and mouth simply because artists designed them with noses and mouths, but that doesn't mean you can then go ahead and assume that they are genetically identical to Earth humans. As has already been noted, humans on Azeroth evolved in a completely different way than actual humans did, so while they might look the same their genetic makeup SHOULD be VERY different.
    If people really cared about genetics, they would ask the logistics for half of the racial skin colors for other races we have in-game, analyze regional differences, etc. They largely don't.

It's about not wanting Asians/"New Blacks" to be from Stormwind.

I don't really mind it, but I hope they do at least give a nod to what areas of Azeroth they may hail from. I'm assuming the darker-skinned humans are from Stranglethorn about-ish.

That and I'd just like to remark that current humans don't really look anything like 'white people'. More like neanderthals- cartoony gorilla people with a medieval European culture, whereas these new customization options seem to be more in line with modern real life humans.

None of it is really a complaint or an argument against it, but it's not a crime to bring up some points that I think are relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    Blizzard: We're adding more customization options!

Correct Response: "Cool! More customization options for my player created fantasy characters" or "Eh, I don't really care."

Incorrect Response: Literally anything else.
    This pretty much sums it up.

Who cares 99% of the populace have helmets on anyways so you wont even see it. And even when they dont how often are you zooming in to look at someone elses char face?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    \

Building on your assumption, you could just assume that Azerothians were always meant to have these variations in appearance, it's just that Blizzard hadn't managed to implement it until now.
    You're intentionally bullshitting but even if we go with that, then just come out and say humans magically come out of their parents with completely random features and colors. We both know that's a ridiculous notion on earth or azeroth but we can keep pretending it isn't I guess.