Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    Perhaps have them come from Northrend? In lore they would have fled to the Eastern Kingdoms after the Lich King landed in Northrend and having created the scourge.

It get's really fucking cold in Northeast Asia, specifically on the Korean Peninsula. I still clearly remember using my e-tool to pry my boots out of the frozen mud in the morning while out in the field.
    oooh, thats a new one. Thats an interesting take. Though i dont think that would be enough time to develop genetics. But its a good start to an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen of Lordaeron View Post
    I'm not sure anyone is getting "fake upset". Humans already have varied kingdoms & cultures which have been established over the years spanning a continent. What's unbelievable about Stormwind or Lordaeron being big enough to contain multiple ethnicities?

The post is basically saying "Since all the classic kingdoms are taken by white + black people, where do the Asians come from?".
    They arent though unless blizz gives them lore or history, they are just mutations of the regular white stormwind humans. Currently there is 1 ethnicity that can come in 3 colors, thats a very improbable thing to happen and makes little sense. I dont know why this goes over peoples heads or why people avoid the issue, its pretty simple really, either blacks, whites and asians can come from the same parents or they cant, if they cant then they must be a different branch, if they are a different branch, then there must be a reason for how and why that happened.
    There really isnt any more to this than that! this is all players want to know and its a very simple and sincere question that people are being insulted for asking by thin skinned reactionists.
    The facts are, when they designed the humans of azeroth in wow, they envisioned a medieval european society, overtime when their player base expanded, they wanted to be more inclusive, which is fine but you cant just drop a new race in a fantasy game where race is a huge part of the plot without any explanation and expect people to eat it up. a little explanation would go a long way, even if its an out of kingdom island or somewhere we have already been.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    Goldrinn exists on both Draenor and Azeroth. There are a few references that had him as part of orc culture prior to their coming to Azeroth (mostly under the tauren name Lo'gosh). Takrik Ragehowl is the most overt of these.
    Regardless, the different ecosystems (terrain, prey items, other predators) would still have produced animals that appear wildly different.

But Azeroth and Outland wolves are exactly the same. Different continents on planet earth don't even have canids that look the same.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiza View Post
    Alternatively, they could make the asian humans culturally more japanese from now on, which would fit with a mysterious, secluded Island theme. I mean, we have the whole chinese setting represented through the Pandaren, so making the asian looking humans more japanese would add something new.
    That would work, I'd love me some samurai humans.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMagicc View Post
    The curse of flesh works in mysterious ways.

You can explain black/asian dwarves/gnomes the same way, if they chose to go that route (which I hope they do).
    This right here...

People need to understand that Humans are just Titan Cronstructs derived from the Curse of Flesh, descendants of the Vrykul. Wich means as every type of Dwarves, or every Mogu Color or every construct in general, the color representes "a legacy and a specific group that dependent on the circumstances and ambience, the Curse of Flesh change them and their physiological form" best example its the Mogu Clans that serve Lei Shen each one of the clans are different despise everyones origin its a colorless Stone Mogu.

Now for humans should be the same, depending on the Material that certain Vrykuls were made, the time when they change or the place where they change.
    Remember culture =/= Race.

So if i should take a guess. The "asian" version of WoW, probably started making settlements or changing in the coasts south of Arathi, in a more plain and less chaotic enviroment. While North Arathi was crawling with Trolls, were the legend of the Trollbanes (big tall "croman" like warriors, slayers of Trolls) lived.

Overall, humans spreaded to every part of the Eastern Kingdoms and Kultiras, the majority are from the North of the continent, with the league of Arathor and the descedants of Thoradin, wich also includes the last descendant Anduin Lothar King of Stormwind.

I knew someday, this book will be crucial for future roleplaying.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/The_Seven_Kingdoms

Edit: every time i read my post sounds racist af, its hard to talk about this type of subject.
    Last edited by Kemsa; 2019-11-09 at 03:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    They arent though unless blizz gives them lore or history, they are just mutations of the regular white stormwind humans. Currently there is 1 ethnicity that can come in 3 colors, thats a very improbable thing to happen and makes little sense. I dont know why this goes over peoples heads or why people avoid the issue, its pretty simple really, either blacks, whites and asians can come from the same parents or they cant, if they cant then they must be a different branch, if they are a different branch, then there must be a reason for how and why that happened.
    There really isnt any more to this than that! this is all players want to know and its a very simple and sincere question that people are being insulted for asking by thin skinned reactionists.
    The facts are, when they designed the humans of azeroth in wow, they envisioned a medieval european society, overtime when their player base expanded, they wanted to be more inclusive, which is fine but you cant just drop a new race in a fantasy game where race is a huge part of the plot without any explanation and expect people to eat it up. a little explanation would go a long way, even if its an out of kingdom island or somewhere we have already been.
    So having 15 subdivions of elves is fine, but Asians in Stormwind is where you draw the line?

Shit, there's a wide variety of colors/features for every other race. No one is asking "Where do the white/light grey Zandalari come from if all the darker/bluer skins would cancel them out?"

This is an argument saying "Asians can't be from any of the Alliance of Lordaeron kingdoms, so where can they be from?" in a game about multidimensional goat people.

So having 15 subdivions of elves is fine, but Asians in Stormwind is where you draw the line?

Shit, there's a wide variety of colors/features for every other race. No one is asking "Where do the white/light grey Zandalari come from if all the darker/bluer skins would cancel them out?"

This is an argument saying "Asians can't be from any of the Alliance of Lordaeron kingdoms, so where can they be from?" in a game about multidimensional goat people.
    WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH

Did you even bother to read what i said? go back and read what i actually said then we will talk.

the different elves HAVE FUCKING EXPLANATIONS! blood elves cant have night elf babies, they are separate races with the same root race.

and fantasy races can have any explanation they want, there is nothing to say the white zandalari cant have grey zandalari babies, thats not an issue, they are fantasy races, but can you try use that explanation on the humans? is it cool to just say black parents on azeroth can have white babies? if thats the line you want to sell then fine, JUST BE HONEST ABOUT IT!

Again, there are explanations for space goats, cowmen, purple elves, green orcs, brown orcs and whatever else they have, but asking for the same respect for humans is a big no-no!
    Dont respond to this please unless you actually comprehend what i am saying and dont misrepresent my arguments again. please.

Did you even bother to read what i said? go back and read what i actually said then we will talk.

the different elves HAVE FUCKING EXPLANATIONS! blood elves cant have night elf babies, they are separate races with the same root race.

and fantasy races can have any explanation they want, there is nothing to say the white zandalari cant have grey zandalari babies, thats not an issue, they are fantasy races, but can you try use that explanation on the humans? is it cool to just say black parents on azeroth can have white babies? if thats the line you want to sell then fine, JUST BE HONEST ABOUT IT!

Again, there are explanations for space goats, cowmen, purple elves, green orcs, brown orcs and whatever else they have, but asking for the same respect for humans is a big no-no!
    Dont respond to this please unless you actually comprehend what i am saying and dont misrepresent my arguments again. please.
    Black humans come from the south seas and booty bay, Asians I'm assuming the same along with any other ethnicities they haven't shown yet. The black girl in Traveller apparently has ancestors that come from Stromgarde which means.....

DING DING DING

The kingdoms were mixed the whole time and technical limitations or just laziness didn't entirely reflect that!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

It’s a fantasy game... crazier things than Asians in it ffs

Cant humans from Azeroth have a variety of features without it mattering?
    No. It has to matter...in a game where one of the previous expansion's largest narrative arcs was, "the planet gets face fucked by a giant space sword."

OT: What the fuck is this topic?

I comprehend what you are saying. What prevents the same logic you just applied from applying to humans?

What's preventing the current human kingdoms from having had Asians the entire time? Why does the addition of Asians to the game matter so much, when every fantasy race gets a free pass?

Please don't assume I neither understood nor read what you said simply because I didn't agree with it. You're setting a double standard between humans and every other fantasy race. It's clear Warcraft doesn't apply the actual biological rules of reality to their universe; why hold humans to higher scrutiny than every other race? Especially considering nothing in lore is preventing them from having simply always been that way?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    No. It has to matter...in a game where one of the previous expansion's largest narrative arcs was, "the planet gets face fucked by a giant space sword."

OT: What the fuck is this topic?
    Yeah. We have people handwaving the logistics of shit like that, while discussing the in-depth geneology why Asians can't be allowed to be from Stormwind.

They're finally realising their Human Potential. Spontaneous evolution.

Tel'abim perhaps
    Last edited by Rozz; 2019-11-09 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    Tel'abim perhaps
    Alot of people say tel abim, but i always head cannoned that since it is where bananas come from, and is close to islands where goblins are, that it would be controled by goblins who have plantations with slave labor.. with other races too. maybe another monkey race. But that was just my head cannon
    Last edited by Rozz; 2019-11-09 at 09:17 PM.

I see everyone bringing up Woo Ping, but no one is acknowledging his punny name.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

15+ Year Old Account
    They're from Aisaroth
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

3+ Year Old Account
    The only logical, lore-based explanation would be that the different types of Titanforged post-Curse of Flesh became different ethnicities of vrykul, which in turn became different ethnicities of humans.

I would like to see an explanation but I feel that is the best we'll get because that fact is that Blizzard wants to push their inclusiveness agenda further. Nothing negative about that, but it shakes up the foundations of human lore in WoW, albeit to a minor extent.

10+ Year Old Account
    I’d say Alterac for black humans because Deathwing.

Maybe Blasted Lands or something for Asians.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to barbershop, changin my race, brb real quick

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kyo wolfsfang View Post
    Asian humans from where?
    The answer is "From the barbershop"

I comprehend what you are saying. What prevents the same logic you just applied from applying to humans?

What's preventing the current human kingdoms from having had Asians the entire time? Why does the addition of Asians to the game matter so much, when every fantasy race gets a free pass?

Please don't assume I neither understood nor read what you said simply because I didn't agree with it. You're setting a double standard between humans and every other fantasy race. It's clear Warcraft doesn't apply the actual biological rules of reality to their universe; why hold humans to higher scrutiny than every other race? Especially considering nothing in lore is preventing them from having simply always been that way?
    again, your misunderstanding my argument and going off on a tangent.

Ok, follow along because this is the crux of it:
    EITHER
    1- Humans can deviate their race within 1 generation to account for black, white or asian features (the way zandalari have different skin tones)
    OR
    2- It takes years of selective breeding to get the features that make the different racial appearances (the way trolls branched into frost trolls or darkspear trolls)

You with me?

If 1, then you get to say they have always been there and they are the same exact race and we dont need to explain the differences.
    This comes with some weird side effects like 2 black parents can have a white baby, and anduins child might be black or asian regardless mother and its a massive coincidence that arthas and calia have the same hair color rather than being expected since mutations are super common.

If 2, then at some point humanity branched into 3 separate unique offshoots. Regardless of whether or not they reconvened, there was still a point in time where they branched off and that is a story to tell and lore to explain.

Just accepting it as is, is expecting us to have very low expectations of blizzard

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    Black humans come from the south seas and booty bay, Asians I'm assuming the same along with any other ethnicities they haven't shown yet. The black girl in Traveller apparently has ancestors that come from Stromgarde which means.....

DING DING DING

The kingdoms were mixed the whole time and technical limitations or just laziness didn't entirely reflect that!
    Ok i have only recently heard of the traveller guide and i have no idea what its from or why its relevant or even if its canon so i dont currently accept it into the canon i know for wow, if you can explain a little more about the background of it id appreciate that otherwise its not part of any of the mainline games so i dont know anything about it.

Moving on from that.. well the traveller girl might not prove anything if she was mixed race since she could just be talking about her non-black heritage, but if not, then we are talking about black humans being a part of the human kingdoms as far back as strom, and looking at just how dark the new skin options are it looks like full fledged separation which leads me to believe that they must have existed among the rest of the human society and selectively bred only with other blacks to maintain that black skin color, otherwise they wouldnt have such striking features, in which case... well thats kind of another can of worms if they were kept segregated that entire time, and i think we can safely say that they are not the majority of humans.

Honestly, without a majority black society i think we will keep coming across narrative issues that simply wont be addressed, for their genetics to work, then some things need to have taken place, like group separation, and having group separation while they were coexisting brings up some serious issues. I genuinely think creating a place that has blacks or asians as a majority would make a lot more sense and avoid a lot more issues than just pretending they were always there.