Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Are you even going to ride the mount you get or are you so dedicated to collecting that you're forcing yourself to do something you hate to complete a checklist?
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

Yep, I'm doing 10 badges per day, because I can't take any more. Hating every nanosecond of this.

Most fun thing since the mage tower. 10/10

Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    Are you even going to ride the mount you get or are you so dedicated to collecting that you're forcing yourself to do something you hate to complete a checklist?
    Checklist, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathwirt View Post
    Did they patch out the thing where you could open the anniversary bag with 200 badges inside the bg and get it instantly done? If not, try that on an alt and skip the headache.
    patched, but last I heard using mercenary mode to play as the other faction works to access both sets of quests, which makes it a bit faster.

I might skip out on this one, or just work on it in little bits since it's available for a good few months longer than I expected. I'm hoping at least you get both if you unlock one of the two AV mounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Hahahaha, I forgot how much I enjoyed the longer AVs.

I just love sowing chaos while healing. I think this one Demon Hunter was probably frothing given how many times I stunned him while he was trying to tear into our ranks. BOOM, dead! And nobody stuns me! I just flash heal and flash heal and flash heal until I'm OOM and nobody stops me! Mwahahaha!

I just wish I still had Psychic Scream. Then I'd be a true monster.

If there's one thing that Korrak's Revenge has taught us is that "vanilla veterans" are consummate liars.

No, AV wasn't an "epic" 24-hour long back and forth struggle. It was just as much of a zergfest back then as it is now. NPCs are completely inconsequential.

15+ Year Old Account
    Once again going to repeat this.

Tame rams / wolves. You get 5 badges and it only takes like 10 or 15 seconds for each tame. There's a limited number you can do per round but when I was going into AV I was the only one doing the quest.

Depending on how many people are doing it you should be able to knock out 10-20% easy per run, then just farm armor scraps and turn them in before the BG ends.

As usual, the pvp stuff is extremely grindy. Where is the news?

You could always not do it, instead of making a bitch thread about it.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

10+ Year Old Account
    The complaint I have isn't with the length of the grind, it's that the only way to do it in any reasonable time frame is to play in a shitty way. You get only 10 badges for a win (which can require a whole group effort over a couple hours to do, especially because I'm an Alliance player and you know what Alliance pugs actually trying to PVP is like...).

Meanwhile, you can get infinite repeatable badges by farming the mine crates (or limited, repeatable badges via wolves/rams). So at least half the raid immediately veers off into the mines or hunting for rams to farm their badges, making the actual battle itself even less exciting and more difficult to win. Several times we had Horde pinned in the Relief Hut to a stalemate, then you look at the map and there are like 15 of our team in the base/mines just farming badges and refusing to come help win because "I get more badges doing this than we get for winning."

The armor scraps aren't so bad, but it does mean every team fight becomes a race of people trying to mass click every corpse for their scraps, because it's the only reasonable way to get 200 badges without farming the quests in the base. I mean, no one wants to win 20 of these damn things to get 200 without doing scraps, lol.

If you got like 50 badges for winning and 10 badges for a loss or something and no badges for the rams/crates (you could still get the badges for the armor scraps to encourage murder) then I think the event would have been more fun. Encourage people to take part in the battle via the badges and try to actually push for a win, rather than it becoming mine-crate-simulator for an hour.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    Hahahaha, I forgot how much I enjoyed the longer AVs.

I just love sowing chaos while healing. I think this one Demon Hunter was probably frothing given how many times I stunned him while he was trying to tear into our ranks. BOOM, dead! And nobody stuns me! I just flash heal and flash heal and flash heal until I'm OOM and nobody stops me! Mwahahaha!

I just wish I still had Psychic Scream. Then I'd be a true monster.
    I'm about to blow your mind....

You do have psychic scream. Check your spellbook. They gave it back to Holy Priests.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    If there's one thing that Korrak's Revenge has taught us is that "vanilla veterans" are consummate liars.

No, AV wasn't an "epic" 24-hour long back and forth struggle. It was just as much of a zergfest back then as it is now. NPCs are completely inconsequential.
    Actually you are wrong. It was several hours long. This AV is "close" to it, but still not close enough. The reason is because of our abilities and scaling. The summoning mobs die too quickly compared to what they did. Same for the riders. We also have DK's, Monks and DH's that tip ability balance. We also have moar dots, more abilities, more damage, lock gates/gliders (yes this is a big one in how you can position yourself to areas you couldn't in Classic especially with Alliance and the bridge), etc. All of this changes the extremes of it. That's just some of the more noticeable changes. There's more but it is a bit harder to tell by how much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post

Tame rams / wolves. You get 5 badges and it only takes like 10 or 15 seconds for each tame. There's a limited number you can do per round but when I was going into AV I was the only one doing the quest.

Depending on how many people are doing it you should be able to knock out 10-20% easy per run, then just farm armor scraps and turn them in before the BG ends.
    Where do you get that quest?

I only played one bg so far and did the quest, for some reason I was under the impression that doing that will award the mount...nope! I guess I will have to suffer through some more BS in that place.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post

Thanks will try that.

the biggest nonsense is having a quest giving you the timewarped badges for getting 500 honor inside the alterac valley but those timewarped badges do not count for the achievement...

Tried it, hated it, quit doing it.
    No mount is worth that hassle, especially not a wolf/ram.

I hope every complain poster in this thread is also wanting PVP VENDORS back, because if grinding 3-4hours triggers them so much, the typical 48+ hours of grinding for each vendor piece will turn them completly mad in the forums.

Whats so bad about a ~3h/2month duration grind? The normal arena conquest mount takes a lot more time against similar MMR players at that is much more demanding as simply looting a few corpses in old AV.
    -

I think they made it so badges from the win don't count to artificially prolong the BG in order to "appeal" to 48h AV nostalgia crew.

You can do it in like 45 minutes, calm your tits.