Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Huggykaze View Post
    The game is on maintenance mode, mate... It will be getting less and less updates.
    Suuure buddy.

Now, how about you go and find a game you DO like and hang around those forums? Much more constructive for everyone, including you.

People hoping and dreaming that Blizzard is going to have some big card to play somewhere in the future because there JUST has to be more than this.... right?

Keep your expectations low and you won't be disappointed as much.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by raz98 View Post
    Activision
    The 40 dollar pricetag has nothing to do with Activision, expansion became 40 dollars ever since Pandaria i believe and before pandaria they were 30 dollars.

Prices are going up and it simply has nothing to do with who owns the company.

Just take a look currently ingame and you already see a shitton of mounts and transmogs from the renamed Digital Deluxe edition.

A lot of people are hyped about the new expansion and happily paid already.

There is a whole argument about pre-ordering nowadays because of the RDR2 fiasco on PC.

However if you think a new owner inflated the xpac prices you are just wrong.

Inflation is a thing even in the gaming industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Huggykaze View Post
    Nah, I actually had no strong feelings about Pandaria. I mean... yeah, furries, but otherwise it looked interesting. A game in maintenance mode will not get full expansions with big patches, but should I remind you that the last truly big patch was LFR in Cataclysm? A bunch of new zones and a new raid don't exactly compare to new systems. And expansions? Last time an expac brought new mechanics was Legion. Bringing back the big names did not bring back enough players in the long-term and the infinite grind just made a lot of people leave, so for the second time in a row now, we're getting rehashed mechanics and no real ground-breaking changes, but instead there is a lot of lore/world hype-building by bringing back the kinds of Uther and Kael'thas...

Please, next time you call somebody on bullshit at least provide some arguments...
    What kind of an argument even is this. Going by this you could say WoW didn't get almost any big patches in its history. Also stating that the Dragon Soul patch was the last big patch when it introduced no new zones and the Raid was just reused assets from start to finish is hilarious. LFR is just a raid thats been made easier and opened to queue. How is that even a big new system when we already had dungeon finder which is just its small brother. Ofc a new zone and Raid are big patches. 8.2 for instance was huge patch with 2 new zones, a new raid, a new dungeons, new ways to gear and the essence system.

Shadowlands has the Tower of the damned which is a roguelike dungeon crawler experience. Pls point out where this system is already existing in WoW?

Also its a well known fact that the WoW team is bigger than its even been and has or will be getting a 20% head count increase in the future. Seems kinda strange for a game thats just in maintanance mode. I swear some people are clawing at straws just to try to make their "WoW is dead" point real.
    Last edited by Firefox72; 2019-11-09 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Augusta138 View Post
    The 40 dollar pricetag has nothing to do with Activision, expansion became 40 dollars ever since Pandaria i believe and before pandaria they were 30 dollars.

Prices are going up and it simply has nothing to do with who owns the company.

Just take a look currently ingame and you already see a shitton of mounts and transmogs from the renamed Digital Deluxe edition.

A lot of people are hyped about the new expansion and happily paid already.

There is a whole argument about pre-ordering nowadays because of the RDR2 fiasco on PC.

However if you think a new owner inflated the xpac prices you are just wrong.

Inflation is a thing even in the gaming industry.
    I'm not talking about inflation. I'm talking about less game for full game price.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    We haven't had big patches since MoP
    Is a bold-faced lie.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by raz98 View Post
    I'm not talking about inflation. I'm talking about less game for full game price.
    Less game based on what?

Its been pointed out before, other xpacs didnt bring much new features either.

BFA Features:
    - 6 new zones ( 3 per faction to lvl in, other 3 are basically there for war campaign / WQs)
    - Islands
    - Heart of Azeroth
    - Warfronts
    - 8 boss starter raid
    - 9 dungeons at launch (10th locked behind rep)
    - 10 levels
    - 40 bucks

War campaign a feature? not really in my eyes, since for my alts i didnt even touch it and see it as optional content.

Shadowlands features:
    - 10 levels
    - 4 new zones + town.
    - Level squish / leveling overhaul (yay)
    - Targetable legendaries
    - de-pruning / graphics update core races
    - 10 boss start raid
    - 8 dungeons at launch
    - Covenants
    - Tower (infinite challenge)
    - 40 bucks

I really wanna hear from people where the big missing features are in terms of Shadowlands vs BFA....
    Also the expansions have been 40 bucks for a few years now, so i also dont understand that issue.

And if it is so lackluster, then your 2 choices:
    - play it regardless
    - quit the game

There isnt enough forum space in the world to request more ''features'' for an expansion because Blizzard would have shown more features if they would implement more.
    Last edited by Augusta138; 2019-11-09 at 04:16 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    What? Compared to which patches? 8.1 and 8.3 are pretty middle of the road. 8.1 is significantly less content than 7.1 and 8.3 is less content then 7.3. So not sure what you’re talking about. 8.2 might be slightly more content than 7.2 though but that really doesn’t make up for the missing things from 8.1 and 8.3.
    Every expan other then legion? Most is not all.

I think we're getting less, but more focused and better content, and at a better pace, and I think that's great.
    I was upset by the lack of a class or race at first, but I realised I don't really play any of the new classes either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Why yes, Blizz sure is a bunch of happy fellas!

Quote Originally Posted by Teekey View Post
    I think it's the opposite. We're going to be getting less and less.
    makes absolutely no sense why they would kill their biggest money maker like that.
    Last edited by glowpipe; 2019-11-09 at 05:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dlaY View Post
    makes absoultely no sense why they would kill their biggest money maker like that.
    It's just constant MMO-C bullshit being thrown around. World of Warcraft is still the biggest Blizzard game and the biggest moneymaker.

People been pushing this "maintenance mode" crap for years now, but you don't throw half an hour of Pixar level cinematics mid-expansion for some "maintenance mode" game. That's just bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Every expan other then legion? Most is not all.
    5.2 is bigger than 8.2 and clearly bigger than any of the 8.x patches. So is 6.2. BfA has neither bigger nor smaller patches overall, compared to Legion it falls flat though. It's middle of the road.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

5.2 is bigger than 8.2 and clearly bigger than any of the 8.x patches. So is 6.2. BfA has neither bigger nor smaller patches overall, compared to Legion it falls flat though. It's middle of the road.
    What did 5.2 bring that made it so much bigger? It was pretty much just ToT.

Quote Originally Posted by Augusta138 View Post
    Less game based on what?

8< 8< 8< snip

And if it is so lackluster, then your 2 choices:
    - play it regardless
    - quit the game

There isnt enough forum space in the world to request more ''features'' for an expansion because Blizzard would have shown more features if they would implement more.
    Agreed. Xpac brought more and more content. But people with low sense of impartiality consider that the content they dislike is no content at all.

- - - Updated - - -

8.2: two zones, new mechanics, a battle pet dungeon, a raid, a dungeon, an arena, a new heroic warfront, two new islands, flying, mount equipment.
    Prolly one of the biggest patch ever, I'm guessing first or second after 7.3.
    Blood DK. I hate leveling alts.
    BfA is great. I love HoA.
    Unpopular opinions ftw.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, I don't know if 8.2 is "teh biggestest" patch, but it's pretty damn big that's for sure. In before "layzeh maintenance mode activision blah blah".

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I mean, I don't know if 8.2 is "teh biggestest" patch, but it's pretty damn big that's for sure. In before "layzeh maintenance mode activision blah blah".
    You're 28 posts late for that. The nay-sayers have already arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by Teekey View Post
    I think it's the opposite. We're going to be getting less and less.
    Maybe with Shadowlands, but BfA, I felt the patches were pretty sizable and kept me busy with enough content. I play part-time though so that's just from my perspective. Cataclysm and Draenor felt like bigger content droughts. God, if I wasn't a fresh faced player in Cataclysm still discovering the game, I would have been bored as hell most expansion, there was hardly anything to do.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...ng-patch-notes

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...t-update-notes

Two new zones instead of one, a new dungeon, a new arena, new islands. 5.2 was way smaller then 8.2.

The fact that would even being up 6.2 is laughable, one zone that was suppose to be in at launch with little to do in it wasn’t bigger then the 2 zones in 8.2 and a new dungeon.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think we can get "bigger" patches at this point.

Like bigger than 8.1 and 6.1 sure, but I think Argus was the hard ceiling on how big a single patch can be.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceOfThaWest View Post
    Not sure if this has crossed anybody's mind, however I have a feel in my gut that Blizzard is working on changing the very core of the game with this expansion, meaning that patches will be actually bigger and offer more.

A simple and rushed out example would be introducing a class in 9.1 patch. Since the game is moving towards more dynamic style, they perhaps will focus on larger content updates and/or adding more meaningful stuff via patch cycle.

No big initial features to showcase kind of made me think about it the way I do. And before anyone bashes my skull in, I'd love to clarify that I am open for all sorts of discussion and would love to see what people think about it, whether it is optimistic or pessimistic, feel free to share it - though I'd appreciate elaboration and being constructive.
    What the actual hell?

How did you even came to that idea? What is the reason to think like that? There is ABSOLUTELY no evidence to support your claim. And on contrary, patch 8.3 kinda proves that there is no intention to put 'more content' into a single patch. Blizzard most definitely is a bit out of touch with it's playerbase, but I can't say they sit and do nothing. They have exactly the same amount of time to produce content as always. What makes you feel that instead of getting 'better content' you will get more?

And instead of wishful thinking, it'd go more into thinking that they went into more conservative strategy and instead of wasting their time on bullshit like Warfronts or Island Expeditions, they will funnel their efforts into more important aspects of gameplay. So... the fact there is barely any major feature announced is more like: yeah, that's it. Don't expect anything else.

And the last thing. Introducing a new class in a single patch without teasing it at expansion's announcement would be the most retarded marketing-wise decision I could ever see. The amount of money they would get from pre-orders if there was a class introduced in Shadowlands would be twice as high as now. Just look at the threads on that forum whining about that damned Necromancer...

So no, I don't think your logical reasoning is valid. Sorry