Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mhdoe View Post
    Awesome no factions has to be one of the stupidest ideas people have been floating around.
    It's not about faction removal, if I could I would have written Factions stays like they are, no changes to gameplay, no Cross Faction play in the title I would, but who wants a long title. The thread is much more about cross faction play, mercenary modes etc than removing factions. Horde and Alliance would still stay. You could for example kill the opposite faction in every place you would do no, just not in dungeons and raids. And then you don't kill other players anyway.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2019-11-09 at 06:56 AM.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Yeah, horde always gets the best toys. I was just thinking, remember that time they gave Vulpera a battle potion of main stat that is always active. Wait, it wasnt vulpera? It wasnt horde at all? It was mechagnomes? Well that's just weird. There must have been a mistake, the horde is about to collapse since everyone is here for temporary cosmetic reasons and not because of any overarching social mechanics. Something like how the best players tend to congregate in an area where they will have access to the other players of their skill level, instead of arbitrarily splitting down their recruiting pool.

nah you right its conspiratorial.
    I kinda feel sorry for myself for reading this. Just you saying that the Horde is about to collapse is enough circus material.

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    Saw this interview earlier and, yeah, as much as I've been carrying a flame this whole expansion that "addressing" the faction divide, and seeking "resolution" would mean what I hoped it meant... the worst part of this clear and decisive end to any and all speculation is when he likens things to prior expansions, even in the context of what has happened and is happening now. Like, it was literally now or never, and it seems the answer is never.

Oh well, it changes my plans but doesn't end them. I can work within the framework that exists, but this is a clear sign that this will never budge.
    "You think you do, but you don't." -Dev's response to fans asking about WoW Classic (I forgot who it was that said this). Not only did we get Classic, but now look at them, making jokes about that exact quote.

Just remember that anything can change. This was the best time to change it, and while they stupidly chose not to,. there's a MASSIVE faction imbalance to address.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Teekey View Post
    Your anecdotal experience means literally nothing. Try again.
    As long as I have experince and you have jack shit to show, your opinion is null and void.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Well since you like to ignore everything we say about cross-faction play and not that we want factions to be removed, I have a strong guess you won't fall for that.

Why won't you answer me why it's okay for PvP but not for PvE? Or are you just against it for PvP too?
    That's because you keep harping on about merc mode as if it's some kind of undeniable proof that you need to kill off what remains of the faction barrier. It's not. It's just a way to give the Horde some battlegrounds cause the Alliance are too busy RP-ing with each other. Unlike PVE, PVP relies on the other faction to participate, if you are missing that point then there's not much I can tell you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    What reason? Name it and tell me how exactly any of expansions would be changed if we'd remove it completely. The only substatianal part of game which would require total story rewrite so far if we'd remove "line between factions" would be Battle for Dazar'alor and many BfA quest lines where Horde is shown as complete genocidal fucktards. Pretty much every other raid, dungeon and questline can be left as is with cosmetic changes explaining that there's no mysterious permahate to please emoboy edgelords, but instead rogue warmongering commanders here and there. Actually we already have many quests with those, so there's nothing new.
    The reason is because there are two factions in conflict. I don't know how to make this more clear for you people to get it but I suspect you don't want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    That's because you keep harping on about merc mode as if it's some kind of undeniable proof that you need to kill off what remains of the faction barrier. It's not. It's just a way to give the Horde some battlegrounds cause the Alliance are too busy RP-ing with each other. Unlike PVE, PVP relies on the other faction to participate, if you are missing that point then there's not much I can tell you.

- - - Updated - - -

The reason is because there are two factions in conflict. I don't know how to make this more clear for you people to get it but I suspect you don't want to.
    Yeah, sure, the world is ending, gods devour souls, BUT FUCK THAT MOTHERFUCKER WITH RED TEXT.

The faction conflict is retarded.

Not everyone in this god damned game wants to be a high end raider, some people just want to play the faction they like, either the monster faction or the good guy faction. Stop using mythic raiding as some kind of proof that the Alliance is dead and the only cure is merging the factions. The Alliance isn't dead, their Mythic raiding is not that good but they are doing great in mythic plus dungeons and plenty of people still running around in the Alliance.

You didn't get what you wanted so now you harp on about how your faction is dead when that's simply not true and it certainly didn't fool the devs and it seems like it's not fooling the players either. The only thing this incessant whining does is further give credence to the notion that the Alliance are he whiny faction.
    Nobody is asking for factions to merge we just want cross faction grouping factions would still be at odd with eachother in war mode.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    And that argument is the only one I'm willing to listen to when it comes to cross faction content. The thing is, it's not really dying. Sure the horde scene is larger, but that still doesn't justify cross faction content. Alliance end game raiding is dying, the same way a 30 year old is dying. He's 30, and is slowly working his way towards an older age, where he'll eventually die in his 80s/90s. I can logon to my alliance characters and find various raids. Sure there's more on horde, but more doesn't imply that alliance raiding scene is dead. Just because there's more horde raiding guilds in the top 100 than there are alliance doesn't mean much of anything. That just means they should rework racials again so that people feel swayed to go either side. Hell, the only reason I'm alliance now is because of Every Man For Themselves. I was big into PvP back in the day and being able to utilize 2 trinkets other than the medallion was amazing.
    No it's legit dying. It's why the hall of fame filled up months later it's why there were 14 total alliance guilds in the top 100 world wide and one one non oceanic/russian guild in the top 50.

Did you really miss all the Horde players complaining both in MoP and BfA that they fucking hate story completely and want Garrosh/Sylvanas die horrible death through all the expansions up to "verge of victory"? Or did you fell in denial about that? And I want Horde like WC3, which is far more popular than WC2.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe you should imagine rest of playerbase who don't give a fuck about pretending being an angry green space mongol that hates humans just because orcs are traditionally human-hating chaotic evil, but care about group play instead.
    Strange, 90% of horde players I knew were with garrosh and sylvanas. It was only on forums like this that peaceful hippy losers would bash them and support alliance sucking traitors like thrall and saurfang

Wc3 horde is insignificant compared to the real horde of wc1-2. Thrall is a weak leader who relies on bad writing

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    I propose the game to be designed around the general playerbase. That consumes PvE up to heroic level, not mythic.

Making such a sweeping change for such a small minority would be dumb.
    Gosh that would be a great sentiment except it effects the alliance at all levels of play. The group finder in general is dead for alliance there are maybe 6 arena groups going at a time for alliance 0 rbgs 10ish dungeons 4 to 6 raids. Horde is quadruple or more on average.

- - - Updated - - -

If you think 40k people are a small sample... Yeah. Lol. Not to mention that they reinforce it.

You don't know that, actually you are pulling that completely out of thin air

What? Are you asking why putting two factions on the LFD or LFR will obliterate the divide? Because people will start playng with the opposite faction, making the divide not only pointless but completely irrelevant.

The druids can follow the saurfang path, the one that was against the burning of teldrassil.

The pool is big enough on both sides. Also, a simpler fix to it would be to connect more servers together.
    You realize there is now cross realm mythic right? Connecting more servers together won't do jack.

Not sure why you are harping about faction barrier. It would be as much breaking the "barriers" as it already does with BGs. As in, it doesn't.

PvE relies on other players, just like PvP, when more and more people that raids go over to Horde, what do you think will happen? I'll tell you, same as for BGs. It's not only mythic that is suffering. Is it okay that Alliance LFRaiders have 40min queue and Horde LFRaiders got 10 min? It's only mercenary mode in BG's to shorten the queues, not that one faction got zero players. I guess the answer to my question to you is, you think it's okay for LFR to get some mercenary mode? It would be for technical/gameplay reason.

And lol at the RP-comment, I guess you think that is kind of an argument.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2019-11-09 at 01:27 PM.

I guess I get it, it's not like I expected Stormwind to suddenly allow orcs and trolls into their city.

But I don't get the issue with cross-faction PvE. In Shadowlands it would be nice to do away with the orange names and just be able to talk to and invite anyone regardless of faction. Also increases the player pool for dungeons and raids.

Obviously if war mode is enabled it's business as usual.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Not A Cat View Post
    I guess I get it, it's not like I expected Stormwind to suddenly allow orcs and trolls into their city.

But I don't get the issue with cross-faction PvE. In Shadowlands it would be nice to do away with the orange names and just be able to talk to and invite anyone regardless of faction. Also increases the player pool for dungeons and raids.

Obviously if war mode is enabled it's business as usual.
    This really. It's not about ending the factions, it's about having more options, for gameplay reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    Yeah, sure, the world is ending, gods devour souls, BUT FUCK THAT MOTHERFUCKER WITH RED TEXT.

The faction conflict is retarded.
    Fortunately for us, nobody gives a crap what you think, especially blizzard.

I guess the high elf wannabes and the furries will have to roll Horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure why you are harping about faction barrier. It would be as much breaking the "barriers" as it already does with BGs. As in, it doesn't.

PvE relies on other players, just like PvP, when more and more people that raids go over to Horde, what do you think will happen? I'll tell you, same as for BGs. It's not only mythic that is suffering. Is it okay that Alliance LFRaiders have 40min queue and Horde LFRaiders got 10 min? It's only mercenary mode in BG's to shorten the queues, not that one faction got zero players. I guess the answer to my question to you is, you think it's okay for LFR to get some mercenary mode? It would be for technical/gameplay reason.

And lol at the RP-comment, I guess you think that is kind of an argument.
    Oh am I bothering you talking about one of the fundamental pillars of this game which has always been faction vs faction? Is it bothering you?

Here's what I think when I see people like you claiming that making PVE cross faction won't change anything - you actually think everyone else is stupid enough to buy into that.

And both PVE and PVP rely on players, only one relies on the other faction. What the hell are you even on about? For the X-th time, the Alliance isn't dead. The only thing the Horde excels at is Mythic raiding. You claiming the Alliance is dead or dying is a lie so you get what you want, which you won't because there are plenty of us who think this faction merging/cross faction shit is lame and Blizzard makes a lot of money from faction changes. Get real.

And yeah, the Alliance is the RP faction. Based on the threads on the EU and US forums concerting this idiotic non-issue, I see either RP-ers with no mythic progress and furries who really want to be blue foxes.

Oh am I bothering you talking about one of the fundamental pillars of this game which has always been faction vs faction? Is it bothering you?
    Not at all, but I think you are afraid that people think different than you. It's mostly fundamental when it comes to the gameplay. WoW is getting unique in that regard.
    Here's what I think when I see people like you claiming that making PVE cross faction won't change anything - you actually think everyone else is stupid enough to buy into that.
    It will change a lot, for gameplay. There are so many pros for it to happen, and zero cons. There are some that have this idea that they "hate" the other faction, and it's some kind of rivalry, sure. But opening up for cross-faction play would just open up for doing dungeons and raid together for PvE. You can kill as many Alliance as you want even if that happened.
    And both PVE and PVP rely on players, only one relies on the other faction.
    Well, you say it's not a difference in the amount of players between the Horde and the Alliance, why does it need mercenary mode if that's a non-issue?
    What the hell are you even on about? For the X-th time, the Alliance isn't dead.
    Indeed, it's not dead. Not sure why you keep going with that? But why does the Alliance have Enlistment bonus up for 95% of the time? The only reason for that mode is to shorten the queues. Why is that any difference than shortening the queues for LFR? Which you don't want to answer, because you know it's the same thing.
    The only thing the Horde excels at is Mythic raiding. You claiming the Alliance is dead or dying is a lie so you get what you want, which you won't because there are plenty of us who think this faction merging/cross faction shit is lame and Blizzard makes a lot of money from faction changes.
    You keep parroting that there is only an issue for Mythic raiding, you lie and say that I say the Alliance is dead, but in this same post you say that we need mercenary mode because Horde needs players to play against? So many contradictions here and so many assumption that this post of yours is just a big joke from start to finish.

And yeah, the Alliance is the RP faction. Based on the threads on the EU and US forums concerting this idiotic non-issue, I see either RP-ers with no mythic progress and furries who really want to be blue foxes.
    Get real.
    Indeed.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2019-11-09 at 02:47 PM.

Not at all, but I think you are afraid that people think different than you. It's mostly fundamental when it comes to the gameplay. WoW is getting unique in that regard.

It will change a lot, for gameplay. There are so many pros for it to happen, and zero cons. There are some that have this idea that they "hate" the other faction, and it's some kind of rivalry, sure. But opening up for cross-faction play would just open up for doing dungeons and raid together for PvE. You can kill as many Alliance as you want even if that happened.

Well, you say it's not a difference in the amount of players between the Horde and the Alliance, why does it need mercenary mode if that's a non-issue?Indeed, it's not dead. Not sure why you keep going with that? But why does the Alliance have Enlistment bonus up for 95% of the time? The only reason for that mode is to shorten the queues. Why is that any difference than shortening the queues for LFR? Which you don't want to answer, because you know it's the same thing.

You keep parroting that there is only an issue for Mythic raiding, you lie and say that I say the Alliance is dead, but in this same post you say that we need mercenary mode because Horde needs players to play against? So many contradictions here and so many assumption that this post of yours is just a big joke from start to finish.

Indeed.
    Is that what you tell yourself? That I'm afraid of your opinion? Ok, buddy. I'm intimidated by your pointless arguments that hope to bring about something which Blizzard outright turned down in one second flat. You know I'm actually not surprised you might actually believe that's true, given how many mental gymnastics you need to do to fool yourself into thinking cross faction is a great idea.

And I'm getting really tired watching you dance around the Merc Mode like it's your last hope. I'm not gonna play this game with you where you pretend not to get something as basic as the difference between PVE and PVP. You want to prove to me the Alliance is dying or whatever it's supposed to be doing to justify this, be my guest, find the numbers to back up your statement. Realmpop says the difference is small, please find a reliable source that states that the difference is so great that it's safe to say the Alliance is dying. Note, we are using estimated player numbers not butthurt Alliance feelings to quantify the difference.

And let me remind you that we just had an expansion about a faction war that was advertised by Blizzard using the faction conflict reflecting on real life but you people still go on about breaking the faction barrier (while assuring us the destruction of factions won't happen cause you say so, just like you say the Alliance is dying), and my post is the joke? Right...

Is that what you tell yourself? That I'm afraid of your opinion? Ok, buddy. I'm intimidated by your pointless arguments that hope to bring about something which Blizzard outright turned down in one second flat. You know I'm actually not surprised you might actually believe that's true, given how many mental gymnastics you need to do to fool yourself into thinking cross faction is a great idea.

And I'm getting really tired watching you dance around the Merc Mode like it's your last hope. I'm not gonna play this game with you where you pretend not to get something as basic as the difference between PVE and PVP. You want to prove to me the Alliance is dying or whatever it's supposed to be doing to justify this, be my guest, find the numbers to back up your statement. Realmpop says the difference is small, please find a reliable source that states that the difference is so great that it's safe to say the Alliance is dying. Note, we are using estimated player numbers not butthurt Alliance feelings to quantify the difference.

And let me remind you that we just had an expansion about a faction war that was advertised by Blizzard using the faction conflict reflecting on real life but you people still go on about breaking the faction barrier (while assuring us the destruction of factions won't happen cause you say so, just like you say the Alliance is dying), and my post is the joke? Right...
    Yeah, it's a joke because you do like you do now, just make some insecure jokes as an argument against an idea that is shared by many. You say that I said that Alliance is dying(where btw?) so its almost like that's your idea of how the state is between the factions now. You keep parroting the thing about faction barrier, when we are actually talking about keeping factions, but allowing some sort of PvE mode between the factions, just like the NPC's does in the game. And let me remind you about this expansion where the factions made peace after a war but I guess you missed that part.

You have come with zero counter-argument for why this idea is bad. Mercenary mode is just one of many arguments. Why you ignore every single point we make is not on us, it's on you. And if you are so tired of watching me dance, then stop responding. I don't know what to tell you man. Good bye I guess.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2019-11-09 at 04:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are you fucking lying straight in my face if all your pathetic lies are easily broken by quick look at any Horde Auchindoun run video? Do you see Orc here? Do you see Auchenai saying "Nyami awaits you, <...> champions!" Not "Die, you green abomination", but "Nyami awaits you, <...> champions!" Just stop lying. It's laughable by now.

- - - Updated - - -

You've simply demonstrated that despite speaking big about pillars and cores you've actually have either bad grasp of lore or very skewed perception of it.

- - - Updated - - -

The story is developed around it several times.
    The universe is developed around it.
    It is a pillar of SC. I don't see how hard this can be to understand, after the murdering of Phoenix, no Protoss member will fully trust the Zerg, and Artanis is actively against them and not only blaming Kerrigan, but the Zerg too. He is pissed at Raynor for working with her even.

Hell, StarCraft was BUILT on the war of Humans vs. Zerg vs. Protoss. The OG Swarm and Terrans. How can you guys say with a straight face that it does not matter is beyond me.

Because you know, stories never evolve and WC3 didn't happen.
    Auchidoun is an alliance dungeon, plain and simple. The fact that the horde can do it is for gameplay purposes, it's the same thing as horde character doing the stockades and an alliance player doing RFC. BUt even if it was not, one character does not make a rule for the game. Take your horde character and go to karabor, see if it works.

Oh please, you were as vague as possible.

We do not have a starcraft MMO.
    Starcraft wad not called Zerg vs terrans
    Kerrigan becomes the zerg overlord basically, there is no parallel for that in WoW.
    Kerrigan is human in the end

This comparison is out of place.

WC3 happened, and from what I remember NE still hate orcs for killing cenarius and destroying their land. Human still hate orcs for daelin reasons. Blood elves still hates alliance for Garithos reasons. Human still hate troll for troll war reasons and etc.

A truce is not a permanet peace, nor does it make horde and alliance the EU

- - - Updated - - -

Auchidoun is an alliance dungeon, plain and simple. The fact that the horde can do it is for gameplay purposes, it's the same thing as horde character doing the stockades and an alliance player doing RFC. BUt even if it was not, one character does not make a rule for the game. Take your horde character and go to karabor, see if it works.

Oh please, you were as vague as possible.

We do not have a starcraft MMO.
    Starcraft wad not called Zerg vs terrans
    Kerrigan becomes the zerg overlord basically, there is no parallel for that in WoW.
    Kerrigan is human in the end

This comparison is out of place.

WC3 happened, and from what I remember NE still hate orcs for killing cenarius and destroying their land. Human still hate orcs for daelin reasons. Blood elves still hates alliance for Garithos reasons. Human still hate troll for troll war reasons and etc.

A truce is not a permanet peace, nor does it make horde and alliance the EU
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    And WarCraft 3 is about how the factions need to work together, in case you forgot.

Also, i'm primarily talking about the gameplay element, not the lore conflict.
    Which isn't that hard and fast, either. Horde and Alliance have cooperated on numerous occasions, at least as often as they have fought one another. It has at times been a pillar. But it isn't an inviolable requirement.
    And in the same game we see that humans were still tryiong to attack the orcs and how the alliance left the blood elves to their own devices, and how NE hate orcs by destroying their land and killing cenarius and etc.

As you said, it is a pillar, but a truce hardly means that they are fine with each other.
    No. It's you outright lying and refusing to admit you've screwed up. I gave you a list: "Valley, Krasarang (sans beach dailies), Kun-Lai, Townlong or Dread Wastes without HvA? Monastery, Brewery, Niuzao Temple - my hatred for another faction drove me there. Mogushan vaults makes zero sense without faction conflict. Why the hell would I ever set foot in Heart of Fear if not to defeat another faction? Throne of Thunder? Phuleaaaaase... Humans made me go there!" Stop hiding behind empty general excuses. Which one of those won't work without A and H being at each other's throat? Name. Not your hollow broken record about cores. Even SoO will work with cooperative A+H groups just fine if you put blame directly on Garrosh and his cronies alone. It is ALREADY joint A+H assault on him in-universe right now.
    No I did not screwed up. We went to pandaria in the first place beacuse garrosh wanted us to paint the continent red and go after the alliance. That is LITERALLY the start of the expansion. The opening cinematic depicts a battle between the two forces. This is getting beyond grasping at straws. The entire story on throne of thunder is about the conflicts between the High elves and blood elves following right after the purge of dalaran, the entire story is that they hate each other that much that even on the face of an overwhelming foe, they don't relent in killing the other faction.

OFC there will be parts of the expansion that will not be faction related envetually, it STILL does not change the fact that MoP was a faction war expansion and most of it's content reflect that. And in SoO you can see how weak their truce is, down to the very end where jaina wants the horde disbanded.

Your initial point was that nothing of value would be lost without the faction divide in previous expansion. But that is downright wrong, MoP would have to change significantly, Legion would have to change significantly, WoD too, Wotlk too, do you see the pattern?
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Yeah, it's a joke because you do like you do now, just make some insecure jokes as an argument against an idea that is shared by many. You say that I said that Alliance is dying(where btw?) so its almost like that's your idea of how the state is between the factions now. You keep parroting the thing about faction barrier, when we are actually talking about keeping factions, but allowing some sort of PvE mode between the factions, just like the NPC's does in the game. And let me remind you about this expansion where the factions made peace after a war but I guess you missed that part.

You have come with zero counter-argument for why this idea is bad. Mercenary mode is just one of many arguments. Why you ignore every single point we make is not on us, it's on you. And if you are so tired of watching me dance, then stop responding. I don't know what to tell you man. Good bye I guess.
    Oh give me a break with your forum psychologist crap. How is it that every time someone does not agree with you people they are insecure or something? Face it, you promoted a stupid idea that made no sense and it got turned down real fast. That's it. There's no need to make a big deal out of it by pretending the guys who called your idea for what it was are this and that. Grow up.

And I suppose it's impossible for you to grasp that the ruination of factions IS the bad idea and therefore the argument itself. Merc mode is not an argument, neither is the Alliance dying or whatever stupid crap you people spewed with every breath you could muster. It's just another dumb idea to throw in the huge pile. What's sad is that you people actually talked about it so much that you came to believe it yourselves and boom. Reality hit you. People don't want this, there's absolutely no reason to do it and Blizz won't give up a money-making feature like faction change.

So after Shadowlands it will be another silly faction war. Such a missed opportunity.

What do you feel?
    Personally, I was hoping they would (at least) turn on merc mode in PvP for both factions all the time. Then, maybe the complaints about horde always winning BGs would stop, and there would be one less reason for all the alliance to xfer to the horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Nobody is asking for factions to merge we just want cross faction grouping factions would still be at odd with eachother in war mode.

- - - Updated - - -

No it's legit dying. It's why the hall of fame filled up months later it's why there were 14 total alliance guilds in the top 100 world wide and one one non oceanic/russian guild in the top 50.
    That's not a valid argument. Clearly if you want to be in a top 100 guild, you're going to min/max to the extreme and that includes going horde for the superior raiding racials. Are you trying to push world firsts or realm firsts? Are you trying to break the top 100? If so, you're probably horde and if not, then you're not trying to do that in the first place. What you're saying is: "The 1% elite raiders are predominantly horde, therefore there should be cross faction PvE". Blizzard will never scrap factions for something so absurd.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.