Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    5+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to go with the theory that the nathrezim (who, as noted earlier, have an affinity with necromancy) pulled it out of the shadowlands and said job done.

Though reading through the first page of this thread is pretty gross, alot of insults .

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    I mean demons = fel, but they did enslave/recruit other races. So like the Orcs brought shaman magic I suppose. Probably why it is important that the Dreadlords did the Lich King stuff and not the demon-Burning Legion, because the demons wouldn't have had any way to do so, but maybe the Dreadlords did.

- - - Updated - - -

Idk about you, but it looks to me like the Revendreth guys:

https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/wowpe...Revendreth.jpg

Are actually the source of the Nathrezim:

https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/wowpe..._Dreadlord.jpg

Probably just corrupted with fel/demon stuff to make them have extra big horns and wings, like Draenei -> Kil'Jaeden.
    Alright, and if that's the case indeed, and Revendreth are the uncorrupted versions of dreadlords, it still doesn't retcon the fact that Dreadlords created the helm and sword with KJ. It's like people cannot add 1+1 together. And if Revendreth are not the dreadlords, dezidens of the shadowlands could still have helped the dreadlords and KJ to create these artifacts.

Or it could just be a bunch of lies, cause that's KJ's speciality, and he just stole these from the shadowlands instead of making them himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfingaz View Post
    She wants to dethrone the jailer so when she dies she can be at peace, and she is using us to do so.

You can take that to the bank.
    Didn't they confirm at Blizzcon that she and the jailer are partners? Where did you find evidence that her goal was to dethrone him?

To me it sounds like people being mad that when we got more information it didn't align with what people themselves used to fill in the blanks...
    Error 404 - Signature not found

After bc retcons and wotlk retcon will be the turn of cata retcon! 2 expansions from now we'll learn that the old gods didn't corrupt neltharion at all, he just had a thorn stuck under his paw and that's what made him really grumpy and aggressive , cue wrathion seeking vengeance for killing his old innocent dad.

The Devs have already called the lore a 'limitation' they don't want to be 'bound' by. Idk why this surprises anyone. Whoever is in charge of the story is shit at their job and instead of going with what they have and being creative they just throw away what they can't figure out/don't like and move on. If you're still here for the story kudos to you. I checked out after 'alternate timelines/universes' were introduced and made a plot instead of being an abstract thought like they should have remained.

Side note, watching people who have no idea talk about lore on this thread is super cringe worthy. Nathrezim = Revendreth? No... like... in no way is that remotely close. The fkn Nathrezim aren't from the shadowlands. God this hurts my eyes!
    Last edited by Nuggsy; 2019-11-09 at 10:58 AM.
    "Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it."
    Varok Saurfang

Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    Didn't they confirm at Blizzcon that she and the jailer are partners? Where did you find evidence that her goal was to dethrone him?
    Backstabbing is a thing and happens a lot...

Quote Originally Posted by Aedrielle View Post
    There's a difference between long established villains getting their end, and suddenly turning fanboy favourite faction leader of over a decade into a villain and killing it off. Not happening.

As you might have noticed, they didn't even have the guts to kill Thrall off, despite it having been high time he's out of the picture for good since Cata.
    Because Thrall didn't turn into a genocidal maniac. And also, if you think they can't do it with Sylvanas, then please look at Garrosh, my friend. She high key called him an "amateur".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Backstabbing is a thing and happens a lot...
    Implying the Jailer won't catch up to that.

Hell, N'zoth caught up with it. And he's a mere Old God.

Quote Originally Posted by Engal View Post
    was not sent to Azeroth to " kill all the livng ". It was sent there as a pawn for the Legion when the Legion will need him, and served exactly that purpose. Until he rebelled . What we dont know so far is if there was a " catch " from the power the legion borrowed in the shadowlands. They may even have made a Bargain with the jailer that wasn't dealt with, and it would explain why the machine of death broke during Legion when the BL returned to Azeroth.

The only " retcon " as of now is Sylvanas's encounter with the jailer and her goal that changed on the fly despite her thinking otherwise in the books...
    Disagree. The retcon aside for Sylvanas’ thoughts on being Warchief is that they’re trying to make the Lich King out to be something more significant than he actually ever was. As you’ve mentioned, he was a Legion bitch. The Dreadlords all had his abilities and were supposed to police him. It’s why he needed Arthas.

It doesn’t make sense that the Nathrezim would go this far out of their way to create a being that is basically a bargain bin Dreadlord.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post

Implying the Jailer won't catch up to that.

Hell, N'zoth caught up with it. And he's a mere Old God.
    Didn't imply anything of the sort... just saying that "bad guys" partnering up rarely is about caring for each other...

I now wonder... when Varimathras talks about how Sylvanas will betray us (Legion fight), he mentioned that we will only notice it after the "...shattered mask hangs above our hearth..." - does it have to do with Sylvanas ripping apart the Lichking's Crown? He also mentions that our holy places will burn (Teldrassil)

I assumed he meant her "pretend to be nice"-mask (or whatever comes close to it, edit: or the banner of undercity, now that I think about it..), but now I'm not so sure anymore.. considering the fact that the Nathrezim know about the true origin of the Helm of Domination
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2019-11-09 at 07:46 PM.

to be honest, i never felt like the Demon and Fel stuff fit the Scourge and vice versa, i mean the Legion uses Sigils and the Necromancer uses Runes.
    I know Guhldan Made the first deathknight and so, but they where something else than the Dk´s we have right know and from the Scourge.
    The legion made the LK, but we know now nerhzul didnt use Fel instead he uses the Magic from the Necrolords (shadowlands).
    So i am kinda happy, that blizz is seperating the Two (Necro and Fel) so each of them can be a major Force instead beeing the little brother of the big Demon Force.
    If you think about it, the lore is so old ( set in WC3) i dont think they intendet to get this far with the franchise... so it makes sense for me, to reorganize the Lore a little here and there XD

Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    "Why are you so attached to the original lore? Retcons are a good thing!" -the shills, no doubt on their way
    Did they state that they did create it? Doesnt this just expansions the lore rather than retcon it?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Honestly, the worst part of this expansion is going to be the fact that it mutilates Scourge lore.

I'm so done at this point. I'm not buying this terrible expansion, and it's getting treated like it doesn't exist and didn't happen.
    lol yea, i have no idea what they need to do in order to make a logical explanation to this... thing.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    "Why are you so attached to the original lore? Retcons are a good thing!" -the shills, no doubt on their way
    Amen. Got to second that.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Amen. Got to second that.
    They're busy in another thread, assuring us all that diminishing old characters to build up new ones is actually professional writing, not fan fiction level crap. In fact, any criticism of the current writers is us being too thick to get it, don't you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    She was partners with Garithos as well.
    I'm not denying that Sylvanas has betrayed a lot of people, but it's rarely been her goal. It has generally been as a means of accomplishing some additional goal: working with Garithos to drive out the Scourge, working with Varian to become Warchief, working with Azshara to kill off more Alliance. The post I was quoting said that her goal was to dethrone the jailer, and generally you don't partner with the person you're going to dethrone and help them become stronger if the goal is to ultimately topple them.

Blizzard "villains" aren't known for their great logic, so it's feasible this is her plan. But in that case, where did the poster hear it? This is why I asked about the evidence they had. A lot of news has come out, with a lot of interviews, and I haven't read all of them. If someone has seen a reputable source that states Sylvanas is attempting to dethrone the jailer, I'd like to read or view it.