Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

So, anything about accountwide reputation?

I didn't see anyone asked about it or that it being mentioned last week at Blizzcon, so im curious, did i oversee something or wasn't it discussed this year? Still hoping it will happen sometimes. I know its being asked here a few times too, but what do you think nowadays? Almost everything else is account-wide now, Reputation wouldn't be such a big deal, right? I know its now, more or less, just a cosmetic thing, but i'm some kind of a completionist, i hate half-empty rep bars on my toons, especially when i'm changing mains. Also not being flexible with whom i want to farm rep is also meh. Maybe i want to farm one rep with different toons because i enjoy different classes and dont want to stick to just one because it doesn't make much sense to farm it with another one. And if i want to change toons, i want to keep my reputation progress, like i can with my mounts, pets, transmogg, titles, achievments, toys...Blizzard seems to want to make the game more and more alt-friendly, especially with Shadowlands. So, again, what do you think? What are the pros and cons?

Quote Originally Posted by Niovi View Post
    I didn't see anyone asked about it or that it being mentioned last week at Blizzcon, so im curious, did i oversee something or wasn't it discussed this year? Still hoping it will happen sometimes. I know its being asked here a few times too, but what do you think nowadays? Almost everything else is account-wide now, Reputation wouldn't be such a big deal, right? I know its now, more or less, just a cosmetic thing, but i'm some kind of a completionist, i hate half-empty rep bars on my toons, especially when i'm changing mains. Also not being flexible with whom i want to farm rep is also meh. Maybe i want to farm one rep with different toons because i enjoy different classes and dont want to stick to just one because it doesn't make much sense to farm it with another one. And if i want to change toons, i want to keep my reputation progress, like i can with my mounts, pets, transmogg, titles, achievments, toys...Blizzard seems to want to make the game more and more alt-friendly, especially with Shadowlands. So, again, what do you think? What are the pros and cons?
    most things that are account wide have no effect on actual gameplay. as long as they lock things like essences and flying behind rep grinds, there isnt a reason for them to make them account wide. so, probably not.

No comment from blizzard contrary to their public stance that they don't like it. We all know why, obviously, but that's their call. Love it or hate it, I doubt it's changing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    most things that are account wide have no effect on actual gameplay. as long as they lock things like essences and flying behind rep grinds, there isnt a reason for them to make them account wide. so, probably not.
    Because people with more than one toon can get flying faster and easier? Why not? Many things are actually easier if you have more than one toon. I dont know if this is a good argument against it. Gear wasn't bound to rep the last expansions, Essences are the exception now, but i doubt its something they cant change. Could also be gated behind a quest chain or something.

There are so many possibilities to make this happen, even without disadvantage someone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering making us grind reps has become one of the main ways of getting people to log on consistently I doubt that'll change anytime soon. I do wish they'd at least do it for non-current expansions though.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It might happen one day. At this point I don't care one way or the other. Since Playing another character should be separate.

Also how would things like Aldor/Scryer, BloodSail etc work with acc bound rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Since Playing another character should be separate.
    I respectfully disagree, I am my account and all things through my effort should be available to me. I'd also like realm wide (faction locked if Blizz wants) gold and I'd like to at least talk to my other characters as NPCs so I can use their professions. Remember the dude in Tanaan Jungle for JCing or Garrison profession NPCs? like that.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Finally got my last faction for the game to exalted on my main - never doing that again on my alts. So I would welcome the change if they did, however it might be hard as not are factions are simple grinds, such as in they may require you to do a quest/quest-chain to reach the next rep grind and maxing alts out to exalted may cause unwanted glitches.

Account wide reputation sounds like a bad idea - there are things I'd like account wide way before reputation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I respectfully disagree, I am my account and all things through my effort should be available to me.
    However - if there is no effort and you are given things for free, then what is the point of an alt.

If you log on to any character and they all have the same everything - then why have an alt ?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    It might happen one day. At this point I don't care one way or the other. Since Playing another character should be separate.

Also how would things like Aldor/Scryer, BloodSail etc work with acc bound rep.
    It'd work perfectly, Little Green!

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    If you log on to any character and they all have the same everything - then why have an alt ?
    Reputations don't offer meaningful progression. I play alts to essentially do the same thing with a different class (and therefore different gameplay). I just want to cut out the fat.

Account wide reputation sounds like a bad idea - there are things I'd like account wide way before reputation.

- - - Updated - - -

However - if there is no effort and you are given things for free, then what is the point of an alt.

This logic doesn't really work here. When I log onto my current boosted alt (1 minute game play) I currently have 400 mounts to choose from. Plenty of which were painstakingly time consuming to obtain. Does this alt now not have any purpose because he was given things for free? Same goes for pets and titles.

I dont see reputation being any different. I have spent the time already to earn them to exalted. Why should I have to do it all again on every character? I didn't have to grind that mount twice or title twice.

For your second point, having reputations shared across characters definitely doesn't represent all my alts "all having the same everything". This is where class differentiation and game-play styles comes into play. Logging onto my PvE frost mage is not going to be identical to logging onto my Blood pvp DK just because reputations are account wide. Come on now.
    "If you don't know who I am -- then maybe your best course is to tread lightly." - W.W.

then why have an alt ?
    More alts = more effort = more stuff.

Tomorrow is Timewalking, I got a class main for each class and they'll all need the weekly, 12*5=60. I also have 34 other 120s and a 110 twink who will need to do their 1 run an event. 60+34+1 = 95 dungeon runs = >23500 badges = I buy whatever item I want immediately upon it being added. I know it's only 500 but I always do this so I have a stockpile.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niovi View Post
    Most of the good stuff you get from reps is acc wide anyway - mounts, pets, toys etc. Reps should not be acc wide as individual characters need to build rep, not your account. Hell if you played it enough, even starting in 8.3 you can easily get to exalted with all the BfA reps

- - - Updated - - -

To play a different class? I certainly would love if they made at least past expansions reputation account wide. I'm 100% sure no one wants to grind, say, Honor Hold rep to get the blacksmithing plans they're missing for their alt.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Reputations don't offer meaningful progression.
    Then your alts don't need them, so there is no need to have them account bound.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    To play a different class?
    I play a few different classes - and by playing them, guess what - there reputation goes up.

This isn't vanilla, you don't have to grind reputations any more - just playing your alt gets them reputation.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

I play a few different classes - and by playing them, guess what - there reputation goes up.

This isn't vanilla, you don't have to grind reputations any more - just playing your alt gets them reputation.
    I'm answering your "then why have an alt?" question.

Yes, playing does grant reputation, nobody said it doesn't. But I surely as hell don't want to go through the entire Tiragarde questline with an alt after having already done it on my main. Certain reputations restrictions make no sense at all. E.g.: you still need Honored with Shaohao to buy the trinket that teleports you to the Timeless Isle, you also need Honored to be able to use a toy that transforms you into a Pandaren guard.

Working on Shattered Sun Offensive on my priest for JCing patterns, still gotta grind.
    My Collection

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Working on Shattered Sun Offensive on my priest for JCing patterns, still gotta grind.
    If you want something for that character then you should require doing it on that character.

Quote Originally Posted by iruru View Post
    it'd work perfectly, little green!
    don't call me that!

- - - Updated - - -

I'd absolutely LOVE it if reputations were account wide. I've had so many mains over the years, I'd love to be able to consolidate reputation.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation