Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    I know, right? I'd totally roll an Ogre shaman.
    If they have caster options I hope they’d have two heads, even. I’d definitely have an Ogre Mage
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    maybe high elves just to please the rabid fanbase
    High Elves have been a Horde playable race since 2007. Sorry 'bout it!

I know, right? I'd totally roll an Ogre shaman.
    Legit use the blood troll female warriors (the big ones) as the females thx

The only thing I could possibly see is Rajani (H) and Ankoan/Jinyu (A) rounding out 8.3.5. But I think that's very uncertain

Simply put none of the other reps really match any other ARs at this point and if it was a completely new model/race in development, I think we would have seen hints of it in the PTR already

Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    Legit use the blood troll female warriors (the big ones) as the females thx
    Nah, I'd rather we get this bad-ass.

Yes, if Horde get a full, brand new race, Alliance should totally get a copy-paste of blood elves but with blue eyes.

Seriously, Void Elves are as close as you're gonna get to Alliance High Elves.
    High Elves could have their models tweaked but yes, if the Horde get its Ogres, then I'll be extremely happy with just a copy/paste of the BE model, if Blizzard doesn't feel able to rework it. I'll take that over another fiasco like the Mechagnomes.

Stood in the Fire ArkantosChampion's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Ogres ༼ ºل͟º ºل͟º ༽
    I'm a normal text, I'm a bold text.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Nah, I'd rather we get this bad-ass.
    And then they won't be played, just like them fatty Kul tirans

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    And then they won't be played, just like them fatty Kul tirans
    If the female's faces didn't look as expressionless as a barbie doll, I might have rolled one. Well, that and they don't have shaman.

5+ Year Old Account
    If the female's faces didn't look as expressionless as a barbie doll, I might have rolled one. Well, that and they don't have shaman.
    Kul Tirans can be shaman.

Pls no more Elvemodells, i cant see them anymore XD i would love to see Vrykuls in the Alliance, since they are the ancestors of the Human race but Lokk slightly different
    Ogers would fit hte Horde 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Draeth View Post
    Jesus, please don't let them be the stupid fish races from Nazjatar
    I dont understand the obsession with the jinyu or anyother kind of fish head races, they are ugly, they have nothing new, when there is arakoan, ogres, saberon, vrykul, sethrak and hell even tuskars are better allied races than anything with a fish head!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    I feel like if we were going to see another AR between now and Shadowlands it would have been the "pre-order to get early access to..." bonus rather than being able to make AR/Pandaren Death Knights.

My guess is they're saving those spots for Kyrian and Venthyr in SL's patches.
    I tend to agree with you there, at least as far as having another AR. Even with the story spoiler points, I suspect they would have wrapped those up as a mystery pre-order bonus to come with 8.3.5 in their advertising. While the OP brings up a good point with the flag setups (especially on the Alliance side), I suspect these next two races coming in 8.3 are the last ones we'll get in BfA.

I'm not so sure however that we'll see Kyrian or Venthyr playable for either side. It's hard for me to see eternal beings of death deciding they feel like taking part in things like Horde/Alliance Wars and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by literallysame View Post
    Kul Tirans can be shaman.
    Oh right, they can. Durp >.<

This is in no way supposed to sound snarky, I’m just generally curious, but I’m watching this thread and I’m getting the impression (I’ve seen it more frequently on other forums admittedly) that Alliance players have a severe aversion to “ugly” or “beast” races from joining... why is that? Yeah, I’m seeing the Sethrak idea kicked around a bit, but the Horde/Alliance split between races always struck me as circumstantial as opposed to a race being too ugly or bestial to join, such as the Worgen.

Now that I think about it, Garithos told the Blood Elves to kick rocks because they were the “other”, and the Forsaken were hunted because they were monsters to their former kin.

My point being, I feel like aesthetics shouldn’t matter when deciding who gets who. Blizzard even said they don’t base it on aesthetics, but rather, what make sense in the lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    The only thing I could possibly see is Rajani (H) and Ankoan/Jinyu (A) rounding out 8.3.5. But I think that's very uncertain

Simply put none of the other reps really match any other ARs at this point and if it was a completely new model/race in development, I think we would have seen hints of it in the PTR already
    Right now the Rajani are missing voice lines completely, so they're still being worked on to some capacity. The Ankoan also aren't in the patch so they wouldn't appear anywhere with new models.

As has been said, the most likely reason they weren't announced at Blizzcon was that the models aren't finished yet: not to mention that Blizzcon was 9.0 only.

Not being included as the preorder =/= never being announced later on. It would be stupid if you had to preorder 9.0 to play a race unlocked by 8.2 reputation.

I can't believe at this point Horde doesn't already have playable Ogres.

No more allied races until very late 9.x.

Why I know? If 8.3.5 would contain allied races they would sell them as a pre-order bonus for Shadowlands instead of giving them away for free.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    No more allied races until very late 9.x.

Why I know? If 8.3.5 would contain allied races they would sell them as a pre-order bonus for Shadowlands instead of giving them away for free.
    Why would you have to pay $40 for a new expansion... for a BFA feature? Blizzard isn't stupid, that gets into legality issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Why would you have to pay $40 for a new expansion... for a BFA feature? Blizzard isn't stupid, that gets into legality issues.
    That has nothing to do with legality (LOL!).

Allied races are no feature exclusive to BfA. If you think they'll give you just two or three more allied races out of generosity in 8.3.5 you're naive. Shadowlands pre order bonus is as lame as it can get, having some exclusive allied races tied to it would up its worth a lot - they didn't do this because they simply have no more allied races in store right now. It has nothing, absolutely nothing to do with legality.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again