Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It looks like they have loosely adapted the Dungeons & Dragons model of afterlife. In D&D (Forgotten Realms), the souls of the dead ended up in the Fugue Plane where they were judged by a deity who decided to which outerplane they were destined, according to their moral alignment. Then inhabitants of these planes will take them to their respective planes where they will become petitioners. More often than not, the petitioners lost all memories of their past lives and took the appearance of the denizens of their plane. A human worshipper of a dwarven deity will look like a dwarf. A petitioner of Mount Celestia will become a lantern archon, while a petitioner of the Nine Hells will start off in Avernus as a lowly lemure and then progress in the diabolical hierarchy.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by iscalio View Post
    Sexless spirits, not hermaphrodites
    Oh ok, I must be correlating with The Prophecy which is fiction anyway. When the angels came down in mortal form in that film, they were hermaphrodites.

Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    Apparently Kyrians are for basic bitches.
    Honestly basically what I thought when I saw Kyrian.

I imagine the people who pick them will be fairly insufferable

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Oh ok, I must be correlating with The Prophecy which is fiction anyway. When the angels came down in mortal form in that film, they were hermaphrodites.
    Generally they have no sex in most myths, not both. Most of these things aren't really in the accepted canon of the christian sects anyway, it's mostly apocrypha.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Yes you can. Orcs are all about strength, survival of the fittest
    You don't need to parrot things they said in the Blizzcon presentation.

Quote Originally Posted by How dare you View Post
    You don't need to parrot things they said in the Blizzcon presentation.
    Parrot? Already out of arguments? So we are supposed to follow your head canon?
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

7+ Year Old Account
    Is that guy in Icecrown we got A’dal to save going to be there you think?

The original question of this thread is a bit flawed. Orc spirits wouldn't become Kyrians.

This is the official lore about them so far:
    Living beings have wished to become something greater than themselves since time immemorial. Souls deemed noble enough can prove themselves in Bastion, land of pristine spires and crystalline skies, where those who surpass their trials earn the honor of ascension to a higher calling beside the Archon, first among the winged kyrians.

The kyrians are eternal beings who draw only the most accomplished, principled, and pure into their ranks. But, as souls plunge into the Maw and upheaval rocks the Shadowlands, scores of aspiring kyrians find that they are unable to continue their journey to ascension. With the number of kyrians dwindling, their charge to ferry souls to eternity is in jeopardy. Will the Archon’s devoted stand together, or will this test of faith sunder their shining kingdom?
    So, so far, it seems that souls are ferried by the Kyrians to other places for other purposes - similar to the Spirit Healers and Val'kyr that they're related to. In that light, Kyrians are their own race, and not an amalgamation of other races that wind up looking like blue humans. Remember that the Covenants are native beings to the Shadowlands who deal with souls that arrive in the Shadowlands - they aren't souls themselves.

Besides that, from what little we know, Orcs would go to Maldraxxus. Here's the Necrolord lore so far:
    Necrotic soldiers who wage war throughout the cosmos.

In the skull-and-bone laboratories of Maldraxxus, strength is rewarded, and weakness cast aside. Necromancers experiment on the souls of the ambitious and contentious, reforming only the greatest into undead soldiers who protect the Shadowlands. Those who are determined rise to positions of power. The less-promising become fuel for Maldraxxus’ malign weapons.

Maldraxxus’ brutal selection process has built a vast and capable militia… but its hierarchy is wobbling. The longtime leader of the realm has vanished. In his absence, five of the most eminent necrolords vie for the position, and the responsibility to advance the cause of death throughout the cosmos. Each bids on newly-arrived souls, filling their personal guard with capable soldiers and building armies larger than any yet known.

When they march, will it be towards one another… or the realms they swore to defend?
    So, soldiers, warriors, and necromancers would go to Maldraxxus, since they are the "military" of the Shadowlands - thus mostly Orcs. This is different than the Kyrian Covenant, which sends souls to different places, and has little to do with the protection of the Shadowlands. We see Uther in Bastion, Draka in Maldraxxus.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Kyrians look like humans? Really? Nah mate, nah.

Imagine being an orc, dying, going to the Shadowlands, being put into Bastion, and then slowly ascending to become a Kyrian... and then you forever look like a human. Must be the ultimate punishment.
    An orc would never go to Bastion. AT BEST, they go to the place where they're tortured forever (is it the vampire area? the zombies? I forget), and most of them are probably in the maw.

One and a half good orcs does not absolve a race of lifetimes of wickedness.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

If you think the Kyrians look even remotely human, you need to get your eyes checked.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    The original question of this thread is a bit flawed. Orc spirits wouldn't become Kyrians.

So, so far, it seems that souls are ferried by the Kyrians to other places for other purposes - similar to the Spirit Healers and Val'kyr that they're related to. In that light, Kyrians are their own race, and not an amalgamation of other races that wind up looking like blue humans. Remember that the Covenants are native beings to the Shadowlands who deal with souls that arrive in the Shadowlands - they aren't souls themselves.

Besides that, from what little we know, Orcs would go to Maldraxxus. Here's the Necrolord lore so far:

So, soldiers, warriors, and necromancers would go to Maldraxxus, since they are the "military" of the Shadowlands - thus mostly Orcs. This is different than the Kyrian Covenant, which sends souls to different places, and has little to do with the protection of the Shadowlands. We see Uther in Bastion, Draka in Maldraxxus.
    It's not impossible that an Orc would go to Bastion. The requirements to become a Kyrian have been stated to be being 'noble', 'principled', and/or 'having lived a life of service'. While that generally fits the Paladin or Holy Priest type of character, it could probably be applied to Shaman (including Orc Shaman) as well.

But I'd agree that the majority of Orc souls would be more suited to Maldraxxus.

Quote Originally Posted by KYZ123 View Post
    It's not impossible that an Orc would go to Bastion. The requirements to become a Kyrian have been stated to be being 'noble', 'principled', and/or 'having lived a life of service'. While that generally fits the Paladin or Holy Priest type of character, it could probably be applied to Shaman (including Orc Shaman) as well.

But I'd agree that the majority of Orc souls would be more suited to Maldraxxus.
    Oh for sure, the idea of "noble" behavior is certainly different for every culture - in real life, an in WoW. There could be Orcs that go to Bastion. Though, I'd assume most Orc Shamans (and other Shamans) would go to Ardenweald, since there's a lot of overlap between the powers of Shamans and Druids in lore:
    Defenders of nature who uphold the cycle of rebirth.

If the Emerald Dream mirrors the spring and summer of life, then the star-hued plane of Ardenweald reflects life in its twilight.

Those who pass on with a deep connection to nature are tended here by the mystic night fae, who retrieve anima from mortal souls and infuse it into slumbering spirits, rejuvenating their lives with the remnants of the old.

Ardenweald has suffered more keenly from soul-drought than any other realm in the Shadowlands. For the first time in endless ages, the night fae's Winter Queen must choose which of the land's formerly lush groves—and which souls—will be fed the last precious drops of anima… and which will fade away forever.
    But, it's also the choice of the player after the first time we go there, meaning that any character could go wherever they want.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    An orc would never go to Bastion. AT BEST, they go to the place where they're tortured forever (is it the vampire area? the zombies? I forget), and most of them are probably in the maw.

The Venthyr in Revendreth are the BDSM Vampires. The Necrolords in Maldraxxus are the necromancers that use souls as the military might of the Shadowlands. According to the lore so far, necromantic powers originated in Maldraxxus as well.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Do Kyrians retain their previous life memories?
    Dont know if someone else answered this for you. But in case no one did:

In the demo at blizzcon, you could quest in Bastion. It was shown that there is a process to becoming ascended that requires you leave your earthly ties. For example, there was a kyrian that refused to forget his lover, and so he failed his ascension, becoming forsworn (the black winged evil kyrian).

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Not really. People that go to bastion have a strong sense of service, moral and obligation. The amount of orcs in bastion can probably counted on one hand.
    Honestly... that sounds like a far more orcs than you might give credit to. The only thing that might be off is your idea of 'moral' and other people's idea of it since morality is rather subjective in general. Service and obligation? that's basically orc code and primary stereotype.... service/obligation to their clan/tribe/horde/ancestors/etc.

I think this race wide generalization doesn't really apply. All areas of the shadowlands receive all types of races. Their destination doesn't depend on their race, but on their character, their actions in life, etc. Yes, orcs have more of a militaristic society for which Maldraxxus would be a common destination, but if they lived flawed lives for which they need to atone, they'd be sent to Venthyr, if they lived noble lives they'd be sent to Bastion, if they lived with a close relationship to nature, they'd be sent to Ardenweald. I'm sure that while most orcs would probably be sent to Maldraxxus, there'd be examples of orcs going to all the other places.

That doesn't mean every orc will go there. The Arbiter decides. And I'm sure some are seen as noble enough to go to Bastion. Orc Priests would fit in just right.
    there are no orc "priests".

the priest class for mag'har are the shadowmoon voidweavers. the mag'har hate the light for what happened.

most orc clans likely go to maldraxxus, every single orc culture values everything that gets you sent there, even clans like frostwolves. there of course could be outlier orcs like thrall, who embody nobility and peace, they would go to bastion.

as for it being a punishment, it would probably feel a bit wrong. but your memories of your past life are purged over time, as you try to ascend to the winged kyrian form.

one souls value isn't determined by it's ancestors alone. Nevermind that wickedness from one perspective may not be such from another. And the 'lifetimes' thing? really a hard sell when the main lore bits only cover a few decades at best with some outliers.

- - - Updated - - -

I think this is worded... poorly.

Most orcs might be in agreement with typical Maldraxxus themes, but by numbers i'd imagine there are other groups that fill ranks in every category simply by population or whatever.

I guess that first line with the 'mostly orcs' is the main thing as it seems more accurate and appropriate to say something more like "most orcs would" since "mostly orcs" seems to imply that Maldraxxus would be 'mostly orcs'... The issue here being that far more souls from non-orcs likely make up those in Maldraxxus unless some other retcons are in place. Uther and Draka being examples of races present also doesn't amount to much since humans themselves are so varied to appear across the entire spectrum ranging from power hungry warmongers to peacemongering zealots.

10+ Year Old Account

The only place where souls are tortured forever is the Maw. Revendreth is the Shadowlands' Purgatory. The Venthyr are "sin eaters". Their role is to purify unworthy souls of their sins and then send them to their proper place in the afterlife. The problem is that the Venthyr have become gluttonous and greedy, and no longer fulfill that role. I bet our role will be to fix that.

As for Orcs, while it is true that their culture makes them fit more with places like Maldraxxus and that some did horrid things worthy of cleansing in Revendreth, I do not believe that would prevent all of them to go to Bastion. If Thrall were to die, he would be a worthy candidate.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Wouldn't Eitrigg be an example of an orc who could potentially go to Bastion? The guy was involved in the First and Second War, true, but he's undeniably a much less frenzied orc when compared to many others. I'm curious to know how much atonement in life can change your destination in the Shadowlands. Once you do something particularly shitty, are you automatically destined for Revendreth?