View Poll Results: Do you hate the graphics of reforged?

Voters
507. This poll is closed
  • Love it!

199 39.25%
  • Hate it!

308 60.75%
    I might not be to representative here, but I actually really like the idea of random gender for hero units. It is imho perfectly in line with old game feature of giving them random names.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am okay with the female alternatives but at the same time those names of male DK's from the original were actual heroes moved into WoW lore. Baron Rivendare for example was one of those Death Knights from the custom games. So you cannot get a chance to play as Baron Rivendare now

3+ Year Old Account
    Hey i played the beta like 2 weeks ago and it was pretty broken, can someone update me on how is it going?

Quote Originally Posted by Mukind View Post
    I mean the amount of people who would buy the game for a redone campaign has to be small.....

I know very few people who just played the campaign over and over relative to people who played teh custom games/melee

Probably gaining very few extra purchases by adding new campaigns. And pissing off lore nerds in the process

Hmmm... how is second sentence related to the statment you made in your first?

How much % of wc3 players do you think played the campaign in contrast to how much % did *only* play custom games?
    I'd say campaign players (that also play custom games) are far more frequent than players that didn't touch the campaign.

I mean... it's not because of the custom maps that WoW became what it is. WC1+WC2+WC3 campaigns had a big say in it.
    So I'd say that these players would also be interested in new/old stories, told from a new/another perspective.. such as the revival of the Kingdom of Stormwind for example..or maybe something about the Empire of Arathor and the Troll Wars.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2019-11-09 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Hmmm... how is second sentence related to the statment you made in your first?

How much % of wc3 players do you think played the campaign in contrast to how much % did *only* play custom games?
    I'd say campaign players (that also play custom games) are far more frequent that players that didn't touch the campaign.

I mean... it's not because of the custom maps that WoW became what it is. WC1+WC2+WC3 campaigns had a big say in it.
    So I'd say that these players would also be interested in new/old stories, told from a new/another perspective.. such as the revival of the Kingdom of Stormwind for example.
    100% WoW is what it is because of teh custom maps.

WC3 woulda been considered a failure without them....Broodwar is clearly the superior RTS lol

The adding of heros + custom maps is what makes WC3 great. Otherwise you just have no taste go play the better RTS

RTS fans don't talk about campaigns lol

Holy crap, what is wrong with you - lol. Strong opinions, mostly personal though.
    What do custom game matches/maps even have to do with WoW....? Nothing.
    You think a significant amount of people started playing WoW because of Skibis? Oh man, how delusional.

I'd rather look at what we all know and heard from hundreds of players and look at the outrage whenever something in lore gets changed to something different from what has been established in the Warcraft campaigns.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2019-11-09 at 04:59 PM.

Holy crap, what is wrong with you - lol. Strong opinions, mostly personal though.
    What do custom game matches/maps even have to do with WoW....? Nothing.
    You think people started playing WoW because of Skibis? Oh man, how delusional.
    WoW is WC3....Just in first/third person.

They even use a lot of the same tooltips. WoW is just like a AAA mod of WC3 from a tech perspective. Or was anyway

If there was money in more campaigns we'd have gotten them. There isn't.

WoW is WC3....Just in first/third person.

They even use a lot of the same tooltips. WoW is just like a AAA mod of WC3 from a tech perspective. Or was anyway
    That's exactly why Wc3 campaigns are part of the reason for WoWs success btw??
    And Custom maps that are not mini/story campaigns - such as TDs aren't

That's exactly why Wc3 campaigns are part of the reason for WoWs success btw??
    And Custom maps that are not mini/story campaigns - such as TDs aren't
    No they saw the WC3 RPG's random dudes in their underwear were making and were like "oh shit we got something here"

The proof of concept is in the custom games. Not the campaigns

Okay if that's what you are saying, then...

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by keelr View Post
    Hey i played the beta like 2 weeks ago and it was pretty broken, can someone update me on how is it going?
    Undead are playable, and WE is now accessible. WE is in a very unfinished state

- - - Updated - - -

If I get banned, this'll be why:
    Quote Originally Posted by WaitingForBlizzcon View Post
    If my name bothers you that much, why not infract it?

So to make it clear. There are two deathknight models. DeathKnight and DeathKnightFemale. At this moment DeathKnight models is copy past of DeathKnightFemale model. I expect that one to be male version jut they didn’t finish the model on time to push with undead patch and they just need something as placeholder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiven View Post
    So to make it clear. There are two deathknight models. DeathKnight and DeathKnightFemale. At this moment DeathKnight models is copy past of DeathKnightFemale model. I expect that one to be male version jut they didn’t finish the model on time to push with undead patch and they just need something as placeholder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Where are you seeing this from? I don't have access to DeathKnightFemale in the WE, but can confirm that right now DeathKnight is just using the female model.

Wait, what is happening now,so many people are mad as shit.
    So, they scrapped all the retcons WoW did to WC3, and we'll now get the original WC3 campaign, with the same voice actors but updated graphics? Well, since i was scared said retcons would completely fck the story up, im actually kinda happy right now. At least well get the actual good campaign, back when the story was good, WoWs version of the story is ruined anyway.
    Altho the scrapped cutscenes reaaaally suck ofc, fck Blizz for that
    Last edited by Houle; 2019-11-09 at 08:33 PM.
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Well, I personally don't like the idea of being forced to play with female DK/DH heroes(random gender from the altar). I'd like to see them as an option that you can change(like - if you choose male, you get male etc. or even "random" option also).
    Except you DO have the choice, as long as you get the Spoils of War edition. Just as you'll be able to play a female archmage instead of being "forced" to play an old dude.

No one has really been able to even confirm that it will even be random, and until there's actually a non-Arthas male DK model I would guess that female DK is the default outside the campaign. As we've seen with the other heroes, there are separate models for the campaign characters and the multiplayer/skirmish heroes which are more generic characters. Same would go for the generic DH, which at this point seems will only be female since Illidan will likely be relegated to campaign only.

I think it would be cool to have more options, but at the same time I think it's pretty silly to be such a drama queen about whether the hero you play with is male or female. If anything, I think it's great that they added 2 more female heroes bringing it up to a whopping 25% representation.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    I think it would be cool to have more options, but at the same time I think it's pretty silly to be such a drama queen about whether the hero you play with is male or female. If anything, I think it's great that they added 2 more female heroes bringing it up to a whopping 25% representation.
    It's a personal thing. It matters for me more than for other people for sure...

Anyway - options are always welcome. Random thing? I don't really want that.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm pissed I don't have access to most of the main menu UI right now.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't want peon pic, I want Jaina pic

No they saw the WC3 RPG's random dudes in their underwear were making and were like "oh shit we got something here"

The proof of concept is in the custom games. Not the campaigns
    WoW was in development before WC3 even released let alone saw custom games and elaborate maps really take off, what the hell are you on about with this nonsense.

To say nothing of the fact that, to this day, they're still hyping up WoW expansions with characters that came from the Warcraft 3 campaigns; Illidan in BC and Legion, Arthas in Wrath, Grommash in WoD, and Sylvanas in Shadowlands, with some side helping of another Lich King. You've really blinded yourself if you think WC3's campaigns don't matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    WoW was in development before WC3 even released let alone saw custom games and elaborate maps really take off, what the hell are you on about with this nonsense.

To say nothing of the fact that, to this day, they're still hyping up WoW expansions with characters that came from the Warcraft 3 campaigns; Illidan in BC and Legion, Arthas in Wrath, Grommash in WoD, and Sylvanas in Shadowlands, with some side helping of another Lich King. You've really blinded yourself if you think WC3's campaigns don't matter.
    If it weren't for the war3 campaign I wouldn't even have WOW on my games radar... heck I don't know anyone that would have given a shit about it if there was no warcraft 3...

I'd personally be ok with adding male/female heroes versions of all heroes and just make them spawn randomly. I'm again gender-washing in movies, history, ect.. just for the sake of it, and this just doesn't feel the same for me. Female and male dk's have always been a part of the lore.
    Last edited by Elkas; 2019-11-09 at 11:53 PM.