Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Must say the art and design team has done one of the most visual stunning designs I've seen in a long time. Hooked from the start.
    Bit slow gameplay, but it'll pick up more and more. The story feels like a commentary on society, just scratching surface though.

Very unique. But yeah, not everyone will like this game.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Must say the art and design team has done one of the most visual stunning designs I've seen in a long time. Hooked from the start.
    Bit slow gameplay, but it'll pick up more and more. The story feels like a commentary on society, just scratching surface though.

Very unique. But yeah, not everyone will like this game.
    How many likes did you get so far?

I got 15 likes from my first "stairs" to cross a river. From the user red_blade1.
    Its pretty refreshing seeing a samaritan and altruistic system.

I dont think "likes" are considered a "reward" for helping....they are just "likes".
    Even though...im pretty sure people love them.

What do you think? Is the system considered altruistic with the Like system?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post

I got 15 likes from my first "stairs" to cross a river. From the user red_blade1.

I dont think "likes" are considered a "reward" for helping....they are just "likes".

Its probably the only scraps of this game that may be kept around for use in others.

Dark souls notes was always a nice touch knowing others were having similar experiences even without seeing them.

But the idea of leaving items behind to help others journey expands on that quite a lot and its potential is huge because people like social interactions

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    It was by no means a 'shit game', considering how successful it happened to be. It was so popular that it launched for a second time recently.

I doubt very much that Death Stranding will be anything more than a niche cult classic in the grand scheme of things. It isn't really doing anything new or exciting. It's just a fetch quest simulator with an empty open world and awkward product placement.
    Let me stop you right there before you make anymore silly statements.

Saying a game that is going to sell millions of copies is "niche" automatically devalues any other point you may have. Kojima is a lot of things, niche he is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post

From players? not many. Still early place... created some bridges over some waters and that's about it so far.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post

Saying a game that is going to sell millions of copies is "niche" automatically devalues any other point you may have. Kojima is a lot of things, niche he is not.
    And saying it didnt do anything new...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    From players? not many. Still early place... created some bridges over some waters and that's about it so far.
    You can check your Log. All recent likes from other players are there.

I think its called "Log", not sure (im not playing atm)

Start > L1 > Log

There's nothing silly about what I said. Death Stranding is very much a niche title. I doubt very much that it'll have the same impact on the industry as the early Metal Gear Solid games.

Not everybody has blind faith in Kojima.

Death Stranding is very much a niche title.
    lol. Nothing says niche title like a game that will sell millions of copies. I don't think you actually play niche games to understand what they are, I play loads of niche games and this comment is beyond ridiculous.

AAA game with a massive marketing arm behind it and Kojima's name plastered all over it is not niche, in fact if there is an opposite of niche then that is what that is.

lol. Nothing says niche title like a game that will sell millions of copies. I don't think you actually play niche games to understand what they are, I play loads of niche games and this comment is beyond ridiculous.

AAA game with a massive marketing arm behind it and Kojima's name plastered all over it is not niche, in fact if there is an opposite of niche then that is what that is.
    Yes, Kojima's name is plastered all over it...even though he was but one part of the large team that made the Metal Gear Solid games so memorable in the first place. I don't fawn blindly over developers that have a bloated ego, so I guess that is where we differ.

If you want to agree to disagree, that's fine. It's not a particularly big deal in the first place.

Yes, Kojima's name is plastered all over it...even though he was but one part of the large team that made the Metal Gear Solid games so memorable in the first place.
    Memorable because of their writing and game design which he was 100% in charge of...

I don't fawn blindly over developers that have a bloated ego, so I guess that is where we differ.
    You obviously have no idea who you're replying to because I criticize Kojima for his handling of MGS4 and MGS5 anytime I'm in a discussion about either game. I don't fawn over anyone and assuming I do because I'm discrediting your false statements is just a second handed strawman attempt.

If you want to agree to disagree, that's fine. It's not a particularly big deal in the first place.
    There is nothing to agree to disagree about. You're wrong, there is nothing niche about this game. Imagine thinking a niche game would draw hundreds of thousands of viewers on it's launch day, sell millions of copies and have a marketing muscle pumping out ads for it during every other commercial break for football games. Calling it niche basically devalues any point you're trying to make because it's factually wrong.

I'm not a fan of this game at all and regret buying it for myself, but I'm glad it exists. I'm curious what will come in the aftermath.

After about ten hours with the game I can honestly say I'm done.

There is a lot I like about it but the menu is a fucken eye swore and the product placement's just take me out of the game. I don't even mind the walking around stuff (u get a bike not super far into the game).

But between that and honestly very little story in between big cutscene moments I just lost interest.

Based on what I played and my issues its a 7/10 for me.

- - - Updated - - -

It was by no means a 'shit game', considering how successful it happened to be.
    Not saying Classic Wow here but something being successful doesn't mean its good.

Call of Duty is the most sold game each year for example.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    I entirely adored every second of this game. I was very surprised having never played a Kojima game before. Finished it at around the 100 hour mark and I have never been so engrossed. Never had a game made me want to take in every last detail. I actually read all the emails and interviews. Never have done that in a game before. The story had me on the edge of my seat the entire time. I teared up a few times. The gameplay was the most weighty immersive feeling game to play since rdr2. For me this was a 10/10
    You have 100 hours into a game thats only been out for less than 48 hours?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    That's the power of monster energy drink

Maybe he has mastered time dilation.

I am conflicted, on one hand the game seems to be Kojima as fuck ( as in fucking wierd ) which is totally up my alley but the gameplay does seem so and so, perhaps I will wait for a sale before I give it a shot, even though I was adamant that this would be a day one purchase, I guess my wallet is happy enough that I don't go and spend what equates to 1/3rd of my remaining funds for the month..
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2019-11-10 at 01:30 AM.

Im giving 4/10. The idea is great, story seemed great for as far as I got (16hrs). The gameplay....oof. The ideology is good and neat, but it plays out badly when half the "content" is try not to drop packages....

If you dont understand the game, here is a TLDR

1) You are watching a movie
    The story is insanely immersive and weird...at least for me. I guess is subjective this one.

2) Like system
    You are supposed to be immersed on the LIKE system.
    And i guess this is only for actual good people IRL.
    If you are some kind of weirdo who only thinks about himself and dont give 2 shits about others...you will 100% dislike this system.
    Not saying only bad people dislike the system.

You may go to sleep with 1700 likes...and wake up with 3000 likes.

There are already guides out there on how to get likes BUT i urge you to not use them.
    Be imaginative and check what other players did and how they helped you.

Some guys are really imaginative, like putting up a sign on a safe spots without "ghosts" on a "ghost" infested area.
    The "like whores" place signs in the middle of your Headquarters because you get +1 when you pass it.
    The damm whores very cheap, i avoid them because they are non deserving.

------

And thats about it.
    If you are not interested in "helping others", and you dont feel "hapiness" by helping other players and receiving "likes"...there is nothing for you here.

Im totally immersed in the like system

Show some respect you're talking to a time traveler.

Did any of you ever seen such an altruistic gameplay?

You are supposed to constantly be thinking "How can i help others in this situation?"
    Extra points if you are imaginative in how you are helping others.

Farm those likes

Im able to feel hapinees with Likes from other people...are you?

If you dont enjoy the system...there is nothing here for you in terms of gameplay...but is so beautiful. An entire game designed to help others and to feel pleasure via "likes".
    Good job Kojima, ive never seen such a thing

Isn't there a similar system in the Dark Souls and Bloodborne games...?