Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Biske View Post
    Back in my day, an anniversary event was you logging on and getting a pet in the mail and that was it.
    Back in my day, all you'd get was a happy anniversary mail from the previous year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Addon? It's not an addon it's an expansion.
    Addons are things such as ElvUI, DBM or Weakauras.
    Expansions are also called addons.

I think the content is fine, the only change I would want is to remove the resting period between the fights. It would be awesome if you got ported directly to the next boss when the fight "ends" so you would have to plan the fights abit more. When to use lust and cds etc. Most years only gave the achievement and xp/rep boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Crysake View Post
    Please stop calling expansions "addons".
    It's a German thing. Expansions are called addons here.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    It's a common thing in the UK. I'm sorry but you should learn to live with the fact.
    Yeah, we all know the brits are stupid and dont understand english anymore

That said, an addon and an xpac are two very different things, no matter where you are from. But im sure you dont think the dictionary definition of those words is relevant as long as you get to keep being dumb right?

Besides, anniversery stuff has always been fun yet minimal
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Many people here are just ungrateful fucks that will whine no matter what. They forgot how to enjoy a game and nothing satisfy them.

Reason being is that they play too much. Their whole lives revolves around WoW. They shit on the game, yet they log in everyday running around major cities because nothing satisfies them.

Personally, i enjoyed the anniversary, we wiped on ragnaros and LK twice and was fun wiping to mechanics that we all forgot about. Good attempt by blizzard to bring us back the nostalgia.
    It has nothing to do with being "ungrateful".

Blizzard has said numerous times that this was going to be a chance to relive the fights to celebrate.

And yet all they gave was a watered down version of each fight that feels awkward to do. That isn't "reliving" the fight.

"Chromie has separated the strands of time, allowing you to go back and relive epic raid encounters from Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, and Cataclysm."

Epic raid encounters suddenly became "raid phases".

I don't mind making it easy for people to get the mount.

But I don't think it would have been too crazy to offer a version for pre-made groups to do similar to timewalking raids where you do the entire fight for a higher reward, like lower the LFR version to 415 ilvl and the harder version 430.

Quote Originally Posted by How dare you View Post
    You do 3 bosses, you jump from boss to boss, you enter the fight midfight, you sometimes only stay for half a minute, and then you move on. Cataclysm doesn't even have Deathwing, TBC doesn't even have Illidan. You don't actually get to kill any boss. Got Lich King in Wrath, but the fight ended before we killed him.
    This has been by far the best anniversary event, why? Because the other anniversary events are shit by comparison. This is not insane, but hey, you get gear upscaled to your level for doing old school bosses, and you have some neat mount and pet rewards. What is there more to be asked? If it's so underwhelming then just quit you whiner.

Quote Originally Posted by How dare you View Post
    Back in my day, all you'd get was a happy anniversary mail from the previous year.

- - - Updated - - -

Expansions are also called addons.
    Nah, not really.
    Thats like saying trolls are also called orcs. I mean, you can say that but you'd be wrong.

It should be easy as it is an event for everyone, but I think the execution is just bad. You start in the middle of the fight not knowing wtf is going on then before you know it you are out without even killing the boss. It's dumb.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Addon? It's not an addon it's an expansion.
    Addons are things such as ElvUI, DBM or Weakauras.
    Didnt you get a warning about this in another topic aswell?

Different languages and different meanings. Stop discussing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Augusta138 View Post
    Didnt you get a warning about this in another topic aswell?

Different languages and different meanings. Stop discussing this.
    Not gotten any warnings.
    We're all using english here though.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    C´mon, it is an event, not a raid, it is not meant to be raid and it should not be so, it is something for fun and different that people who don´t even have the sightliest of clues about the game can just do.

It is a free mount, give or take, sadly everyone and their taxi driver is riding it already

Just smile, enjoy and move on
    Give it time and most everyone will be on to using another mount. Then you can be the only one riding it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I just did it last night... can you believe my group still wiped multiple times on the Heigan dance, to Lich King's defile, and Ragnaros' mechanics in general? lol I kid you not, we did those three at least 5 times.
    My group only wiped on Heigan. Every other boss was completed on the first shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Thats the problem.
    Let's make free more loot pinatas so all casuals will be happy...

You do not need to be hardcore raider to finish for example normal Lich King, lol.
    You also got a lot more tools and skills to avoid many stuff like fear/fall damage on Archimonde.

I would love to see it as 'only a small portion of players will get anything' instead everyone gets everything for free.
    That could be very, very cool event to spend atleast a few evenings with friends instead just 0,5h and lets forget about it.
    No. It's an Annniversary event, not some cutting edge stuff dude. Go do mythic instead. People don't at all get everything for free, you're factually incorrect.

I'm fine with it. I really hated MC 40 on raidfinder the year that was up. Was a fun idea but doing a large raid in Raidfinder kinda sucked. I liked the event this year. Go on, see a bit of the boss, get out. I'm just doing it for the mount anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    No. It's an Annniversary event, not some cutting edge stuff dude.
    It is funny how TBC-Cata raids are suddenly treated now like Cutting Edge level in difficulty, lol.
    It is not even on old Heroic mode...

Go do mythic instead.
    Not interested in playing retail, thanks.

People don't at all get everything for free, you're factually incorrect.
    Well. I've seen streams/vids from it and these bosses are literally free loot pinatas.
    They did good job with MC on 10th anniversary and later Ulduar timewalking with balancing their difficulty (even if Ulduar was still slighlty too easy imho) and could do same thing here.
    How sad.

It is funny how TBC-Cata raids are suddenly treated now like Cutting Edge level in difficulty, lol.
    It is not even on old Heroic mode....
    Halyon just specifically said that they're NOT Cutting Edge level in difficulty. Reading comprehension; do you have it?

How sad.
    I would not normally tell anyone that they're enjoying a game "wrong," but you obviously aren't enjoying this game in the first place - so I've got no problem telling you that the only sad thing here is your fixation on "difficulty" as the be-all end-all of content quality, as well as your condescending attitude towards people who receive any sort of reward for clearing easier (time-limited, celebratory) content. Furthermore, the Anniversary raids aren't "literally loot pinatas" by any stretch of the imagination. They're tuned for LFR difficulty, and for that skill level, some parts are still reasonably challenging. Nobody's pretending that they're super difficult, but you can't go in and get rewards for exerting zero effort, either (which is what "literally loot pinata" bosses would be, FYI). Also, by the way - the 420 gear doesn't even drop that frequently (I went through all three wings this week with two friends; one of us got a single item), and 420 gear isn't even especially impressive at this point in the expansion.

tl;dr - take your video game elitism and shove it.
    Last edited by Tolfor; 2019-11-09 at 10:39 PM.

Please don't say this, I don't want them to feel the need to add something worse than the AV event next year.

- - - Updated - - -

Well. I've seen streams/vids from it and these bosses are literally free loot pinatas.
    Is it the best gear in the game? Then no ones gonna care.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Renewing the warning about the whole "add-on vs. expansion" topic, this has nothing to do with the WoW anniversary. Drop the topic and return to discussing the thread's original topic.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not interested in playing retail, thanks.
    So why are you even bothered with this anniversary event? (The quality / the rewards or the difficulty?)

Not playing retail.
    Ow now i see, you play Classic and are really disgruntled you cant get your 15th anniversary stuff in there.

The event is fine imo, some nice gear for alts / transmog and a nice mount.
    Last edited by Augusta138; 2019-11-09 at 11:29 PM.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    It's a common thing in the UK. I'm sorry but you should learn to live with the fact.
    Fair enough, the UK is basically up-side-down land by now anyway.

It was pretty disappointing watching asmongold do this event. What's even the point if you cant finish the boss from 100% to 0%. We can all go do old raids and one shot them if we want. I thought the whole point of this event was to see the old raids like they were (in easier version of course) as a full raid group. Blizzard is just too scared to slightly inconvenience casuals. It doesnt feel good to not be able to finish a boss and not experience the mechanics. This event just shows blizzard doesnt care anymore.