Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    There are no proven quotas. Investors are happy as long as their investment is shown to work.
    Well... you can kind of say that there is a quota in the sense that ActiBlizztard has to match or improve on other investments or there price will drop. The problem is that most "investors" are institutional which means long term mutual funds for retirement accounts. these are not highly involved investors that hold companies accountable so there stock price can be artificially high for waaay too long.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    If they keep doing Lunar Festival (Chinese Zodiac) mounts I'll be interested to see 2023 (Rabbit) although Sheep and Monkey may also be interesting.

2020 Rat
    2021 Ox
    2022 Tiger
    2023 Rabbit
    2024 Dragon
    2025 Snake
    2026 Horse
    2027 Sheep
    2028 Monkey
    2029 Rooster

I'm assuming Wow will still be going in 10 years.
    Those shop mounts are honestly my favorite. They have so much charm in the little details.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard retired some older pets, mounts and other items at the first of the year and had a 50% off sale on them.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...unts-and-Helms

Anyway, that's part of the reason why BfA inventory is high on a percentage basis.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Paying for expacs and a sub and theres a cash shop. It's ridiculous.

I hate that people just bend over and take it with the "its optional" shit. Removing things from a game to sell, Absolutely pathetic the state of gaming now. I can't wait for the next crash so we can clear out a few of these greedy corporations.

- - - Updated - - -

Idling is one thing, removing mounts from the game to sell is another.
    While I agree with you completely, I don’t think you can say they removed anything from the game. You can easily flip that and say if the cash shop wasn’t there, these mounts wouldn’t be added to the game. However, that’s probably just semantics and I don’t think the cash shop is a positive for the game personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    Don't ask questions, just consume products and get excited for the next product.
    Sometimes it's just better to enjoy life than questioning it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    To me mounts have always been a prestigious thing, used to show off your achievement or even simply how 'lucky' you have been. I alternate between the Living Infernal Core or the Fel Annihilator. I would have liked the Jaina mount, but I haven't been playing. Respect for those who have that mount though.

There's no prestige in pulling out the credit card.

(In b4 bUt pEoPlE cAn bUy rAiD boSs mOuNtS. Yes. I'll still view that more highly than any store bought mount)
    Absolutely correct, when you look around the main cities and see store bought mounts everywhere the feeling of immersion is damaged because of the realization that so many are just buying there look. Reality is; the look of your character is part of a story of what you have been doing in the game and a store mount makes the character riding it look like just another meaningless buyer in the real world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    There's no prestige in pulling out the credit card.
    Maybe, and just hear me out on this, but maybe some people get things because they like them.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

I glanced through the store mounts on honestly, the only one I ever see anyone talk about or want has been the ship.

Rarely do I see people riding on others. And likewise see a lot more people talk about the more "pricey" mounts, and use them, such as the frog and bronto.

So either Blizz failed at approaching the shop and "forcing" players to buy them. Or... They failed by making what appears to be the majority of desired mounts, like the bee and frogs, available to be "earned" in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    Except TLPD and Aeonaxx are 100% drop rate, Rust/Spiderboi/Soundless are not. ESPECIALLY Soundless, because you are correct in saying that Rust/Spider respawn pretty fast. Soundless does not. Add insanely low drop rate, and those mounts are much, MUCH worse than store mounts. You could literally buy ALL the items from the store faster than you will get Soundless, by simply farming gold instead of camping Soundless. Andt (depending on your luck) that's not even an exaggeration.
    Rust Feather and Spider take no longer than doing a mount run in ICC. And you only get loot once a day, so it is no big deal.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    Absolutely correct, when you look around the main cities and see store bought mounts everywhere the feeling of immersion is damaged because of the realization that so many are just buying there look. Reality is; the look of your character is part of a story of what you have been doing in the game and a store mount makes the character riding it look like just another meaningless buyer in the real world.
    Everyone in game has used real life money to get items in-game. You have to pay in order to play or have someone else pay. Items for money have existed since Vanilla. You had CE pets and TCG loot that would go for hundreds if not thousands of dollars. If immersion is broken by seeing people on mounts then there is no immersion to begin with. You are just looking for excuses to justify your hate of store items and those who use them.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    Immersion is not damaged. That is your confirmation bias at work. You are looking for reasons to hate the cash shop so you made that one up.

And yet WoW has probably the least amount of store mounts of any MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurothemist View Post
    So I was looking at the in-game shop and 6 of the 14 mounts you can purchase from the in game shop have been added in BFA

That's crazy to me, and the expansion is only like half over.
    How many mounts have they added in-game in BFA? 150?

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    And yet they've added more mounts than ever, obtainable by playing the game itself. But that doesn't fit your agenda does it? Seriously, shut the fuck up already. The amount of items purchasable in the in-game shop is a fraction of what you see elsewhere.

I don't care, really. I don't buy them if I don't want to, and I only buy things that go to charity, generally. If people don;t buy them, they wouldn't add them.

Quote Originally Posted by horbindr View Post
    but yeah nobody is denying they have got some quotas to hit to please the shareholders.
    Why would mom & pops 401k pension plan investors care about some obscure WoW shop mount quota?

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    There are no proven quotas. Investors are happy as long as their investment is shown to work.
    investors happiness is kinda dependent on you either having growth or a good reason not to have growth. growth kinda inherently implies you have to meet a target.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Prove it.l Show me a link that proves they have quotas.
    their quarterly reports typically have a part in it where it says "we expected to make x money, and we made y". x is the quota.

investors happiness is kinda dependent on you either having growth or a good reason not to have growth. growth kinda inherently implies you have to meet a target.
    Do you actually know who owns majority of ATVI shares? Look it up.
    Then think about how much they actually care about WoW in-game shop.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's not _as_ bad if you also take the 5-6 mounts currently on holiday into account.

but yeah nobody is denying they have got some quotas to hit to please the shareholders.
    It's a tiny drop in the bucket compared to ATVI's total revenues. Candy Crush probably brings in more revenue in a single day than any mount in the Blizzard store brings in over a year.

To be clear in case you are not: Shareholders hold shares of ATVI which is much vastier than just WoW or the Blizzard store.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    I dont understand why people get mad at something they dont consume.
    I would assume they think that these mounts/pets/whatever WOULD have been available to them in game (for free) if that pesky in game shop did't exist.

I am cracking up though, the OP is getting shut down hard.