View Poll Results: What would you like seen done with Pathfinder?

Voters
429. This poll is closed
  • Remove pathfinder

83 19.35%
  • Keep Pathfinder but remove the time-gating (available at launch)

208 48.48%
  • Pathfinder is fine as-is

138 32.17%
Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    Still don't understand why Pathfinder isn't available to unlock from the beginning of the xpac, other than "we need time to make zones suitable for flying", which is sort of a slap in the face when the zones immediately following it don't permit flying.

*ᶜᵒᵘᵍʰ*ARGUS*ᶜᵒᵘᵍʰ*
    I still genuinely wonder why we can't fly in Argus 2 years after its release.
    Blood DK. I hate leveling alts.
    BfA is great. I love HoA.
    Unpopular opinions ftw.

keep you playing longer$$$$$ thats why they like it no other reason

Quote Originally Posted by Ton00 View Post
    Also lets their devs be lazier when designing content

Quote Originally Posted by Ton00 View Post
    I don't. Akshually its the opposite, I play only raids and dungeons before flying, not touching world "content" before.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where's the "remove flying" option though, really?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd prefer it if they just let us account-wide unlock flying for each of the new zones after completing an end-of-zone quest chain for each.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frosteye View Post
    Pathfinder is gated by too many steps (rep) over too long (a year)

should just be loremaster + exploration at max level = done
    seconded exactly

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by A Young Munch View Post
    People complained that flying made the world feel small. Now people are complaining that it’s inconvenient.

Honestly, I enjoy being forced to use ground mounts because then they’re actually relevant since they still add them to the game. Admittedly, grinding for Pathfinder is the most un-fun garbage of a chore, but I accept it and enjoy the time leading up to it.
    Define 'people', because aside from a few vocal complainers on forum -- which every game inevitably has -- most folk are perfectly OK with flying and the scope of the game world. What annoys people is having to grind boring time-gated reputations to unlock it.

I can’t imagine what it’s like to have something so stupid as flying be make or break for someone. I’m fine with pretty much all the different implementations they’ve had. I don’t play the game to fly it’s just a convenience really.

Looks like I won't be preordering.

I'm sick of this garbage. Literally nobody complained before WOD about flying except like 1% of World PVPers, and another 1% of avid roleplayers who claimed "Muh immersion!"

Even Blizzard's most avid fanbase in attendance at Blizzcon was largely unimpressed by this announcement
    The video has been removed. Did you download it?

Quote Originally Posted by Stickinator View Post
    pathfinder is a good thing. Gives you something to work for cause it would either be that, remove flying or they wouldnt let you fly till a specific patch when the exp is almost done.
    They already do this!

Also, how about just give us flying like it was from BC to Pandaria? Pay gold at max level, there, done.
    Last edited by Arakakao; 2019-11-10 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    An lets start the same discussion for the one millionth time. They won't change it. Get over it.
    Raise enough of a stink and it will change.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Fistfighter View Post
    Flying is objectively bad for the game. If you want to fly, go play Minecraft Creative.
    This is a rpg game
    Do you not know what "objectively" means or are you just trying to push your opinion as fact? Also WoW had flying before Minecraft was a thing.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep it as is, but let you fly at launch once you beat part 1. Part 2 will be required to complete for the new patch zones too.

So, lets say the average player will unlock part one during month 2.
    9.2 comes out with a new zone, and it takes 3-4 weeks to unlock pathfinder for that zone. Any new zone has a pathfinder for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll never come back unless wow goes free, or they allow flying again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    Raise enough of a stink and it will change.
    Funny thing is. When you quit wow you can give a reason why you quit. Blizzard has the data.

So either A) Not enough people really care about it
    B) Nearly no one quit because of it
    or C) The people who quit, for some reason did not want say they quit because of this

Is pathfinder annoying? Yeah sure. Everything that is delayed is annoying. But apparently is has no effect on wow as a whole.
    Blizz did change stuff we disliked. Mission Table, Grinding, apparently TF (but i will wait on this one), alternative loot sources to raiding, relevant dungeons in endgame, now the leveling experience and so on

Also lets their devs be lazier when designing content
    Actually the opposite but ok.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    I'll never come back unless wow goes free, or they allow flying again.
    So you want a shit game? Cause that's what happens when mmo games go f2p.

Eh, I honestly dont mind it. I prefer to actually experience the lay of the land. Live in it for a while. Then earn my wings again.

Anti flight wasn't even a position in MOP, people honestly didn't give a crap.

The only "Anti flight movement" came around when Blizzard already said they were removing flight for good in WOD, and a number of sycophantic blizzard fanboys jumped on board with them (but they were still the minority, the backlash against no flying was huge).

Having a less restrictive pathfinder / no pathfinder doesn't affect the anti-flight crowd at all. You guys can still go places on your ground mounts and experience the game how you think it was meant to. I mean, when pathfinder part 2 comes out, SURELY you guys don't unlock it right?
    That is untrue.

A lot of players hated the implementation of flying from the get go, as it had a huge impact on World PvP and overall immersion, especially coming out of Vanilla where meeting up at Kargath and moving as a guild towards Blackrock Mountain was a thing, with huge battles and rivalries between guilds (which is a big thing on Classic again, go figure), to a... "fly straight inside the raid" setting that completely destroyed that aspect of the game.

Flying sucks. It's convenient and speeds up people's activities, but it's horrendous to the game, and has been since day 1 of its implementation, so again, its untrue that you state that it wasn't a 'thing' back then.

Either you were ignorant about the fact... and i don't understand why you'd mention it, or you're straight up being deceitful in order to fool people that probably don't know better. Both suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Makes sense, its the best system to implement flyin afterall.
    Since they stopped designing stuff around flying then Pathfinder is the best route

I couldn't care one way or another tbh

And, with it, the annoying terrain that it's quite annoying to travel around, no doubt.

im fine with having to earn it. either by paying for it, or achievements. but waiting 6 months for blizzard to give it back to us is bs.