Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoMana View Post
    I don't think you understand how the stock market works?
    stockholders have the power to force changes. the board at actiblizz prefers they don't use that power. so if a entire division underperforms, and there is no good excuse, they will take pre-emptive measures. the blizzard board prefers they don't use that power. so blizzard has to meet it's targets.

everybody just wants to keep their boss happy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurothemist View Post
    So I was looking at the in-game shop and 6 of the 14 mounts you can purchase from the in game shop have been added in BFA

That's crazy to me, and the expansion is only like half over.
    1. dont forget a fair few store mounts that are from old expansions got removed.
    (3 of them- bat, goat, and reaver)
    2. dont forget 2 of those mounts for BFA have been "if you are subed for 6 months you get these for free anyways"
    3. are you counting collectors edition mounts/blizzcon mounts too? just wondering. cause would you rather the alabasters be ONLY in the 100$ collectors box? or also on the store. They are collectors edition item, so i dont count them.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

So I was looking at the in-game shop and 6 of the 14 mounts you can purchase from the in game shop have been added in BFA

They also pulled a lot of the old ones or cycle them in and out. So new mounts will almost always out number old ones there. It highlights the new ones and adds a little more urgency when the others are available.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by horbindr View Post
    anyways doesn't really change my main argument: if other franchises drop, wow is the golden cow who has to pick up the slack.
    Why are you acting like that is some profound thing? That is how a company works. If one source of revenue drops another source becomes more important.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Immersion is not damaged. That is your confirmation bias at work. You are looking for reasons to hate the cash shop so you made that one up.
    Yeah if seeing people with with a store bought mount ruins your immersion then seeing two people with the same mount that lore wise there would only be one of like Invincible or Time-Lost Proto Drake then your immersion would be even more ruined.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    Yea that OP is getting shut down hard....by a bunch of Blizz tools, shills and trolls. Try for a second to look past your justification for buying something out of the cash shop and think about what it does to the game.
    Cosmetics for cash have existed since Vanilla. It hasn't ruined the game in the slightest. The question you should really be asking is why is someone who detests the business practices of Blizzard and a "ruined" game still discussing and/or playing it? Instead of calling anyone who doesn't hate a tool, shill, or troll you should take a look at why you are engaging in hate of a "ruined" game from a "terrible" company.

You hate the kool-aid but you drink it anyways. Lol.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    How are you getting 50% or is it easy to make up information without all the facts?
    he didnt do his research, and dforgot blizz removed some from the store.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by horbindr View Post
    and what happens if blizz suddenly only pulls $300m? you think the investors are going to say " no worries, king made up the difference?". doubt it.
    But that is what you just got done saying. When one falls in revenue the other has to make it up. Funny how your own "the way things work" is contradicted by your own argument.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yea that OP is getting shut down hard....by a bunch of Blizz tools, shills and trolls. Try for a second to look past your justification for buying something out of the cash shop and think about what it does to the game.
    Cosmetics for irl cash have been a thing since vanilla
    1. collectors edition, day 1- pets, for vanilla, tbc, wotlk, and cata, then mounts and pets after that
    2. blizzcon- unique pets every year, and some mounts- blizz bear (i cant remember what year nor does it matter, but i think it was wotlk?) and the airships
    3. TCG- in since ending of vanilla, unique pets and mounts and toys that you get by gambling/lootboxes, or go and buy them on ebay for hundreds to thousands of dollars.
    4. and yeah the store, a thing since wotlk more then half of wow's life time now, i think even more then 2 thirds of wow lifetime.

Never bought even one. Do they look good? Yes they do. Would i use them? No because i would be embarrassed and there is no feeling of achievement for such a mount with this amazing aesthetic.
    Same reason why i will never us any of the anniversary mounts. To flashy to be so easy to get.

The ONLY one i was ever tempted was the chameleon thingy from WoD. Love that weird little scaly rainbow. But I still did not buy it.

Apart from it being a scummy way to make money in a freaking subscription game. Gamebreaking? No. Shitty? Hell yes!

But after seeing the whole Fallout 1st debacle or what other MMOs with a subscription sell, i am quite happy that blizz is rather tame with its ingame shop.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Misuteri View Post
    They Fey Dragon, Warforged Nightmare and Dreadwake are the only ones I would buy yet, haven’t purchased any of them.

I just think for an RBG having the Warforged Nightmare is pretty damn cool.

I still hate that Heart of the Aspects mounts with a passion. So many people purchased it during it’s first week and it just became very annoying in BG starts. I thought it was damn ugly too.

If they really wanted to make tons of cash, they’d bring back old RAF mounts in the cash store.
    save up some gold, buy some tokens, then boom.
    ez pz, its what i usually do as i always find myself just making passivly tons of gold, idk why. might be because since i keep my bags always so clean, that im able to literally drtop ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING i find on the AH, and being on an RP realm, random greens sell for alot more.

Okay, so basically in terms of gameplay it doesn't really matter. They make these mounts, yeah. But it's like 1 artist working on it for a few hours.

Morally, it's hideous. They take cash for every expansion set you need to buy, they cash you monthly for subscription and they hope for you to buy the cosmetics. Yeah, that's disgusting. On top of that, thet laugh at the screen when people get WILD to buy a !!!BRAND-NEW MOUNT!!! for only 25 dollars. This is THE BEST and THE EASIEST money the can make - from stupid masses that will buy it nevertheless. So, I am not sure what's more off-putting: the ones who make it, or the ones who buy it. My bet is on the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Cosmetics for cash have existed since Vanilla. It hasn't ruined the game in the slightest. The question you should really be asking is why is someone who detests the business practices of Blizzard and a "ruined" game still discussing and/or playing it? Instead of calling anyone who doesn't hate a tool, shill, or troll you should take a look at why you are engaging in hate of a "ruined" game from a "terrible" company.

You hate the kool-aid but you drink it anyways. Lol.
    I only play Classic and if the retail part of the game is so great then why are you not playing it right now?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Cosmetics for irl cash have been a thing since vanilla
    1. collectors edition, day 1- pets, for vanilla, tbc, wotlk, and cata, then mounts and pets after that
    2. blizzcon- unique pets every year, and some mounts- blizz bear (i cant remember what year nor does it matter, but i think it was wotlk?) and the airships
    3. TCG- in since ending of vanilla, unique pets and mounts and toys that you get by gambling/lootboxes, or go and buy them on ebay for hundreds to thousands of dollars.
    4. and yeah the store, a thing since wotlk more then half of wow's life time now, i think even more then 2 thirds of wow lifetime.
    Well war and genocide has been around since before the beginning of recorded history so it must be fine too.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Paying for expacs and a sub and theres a cash shop. It's ridiculous.

I hate that people just bend over and take it with the "its optional" shit. Removing things from a game to sell, Absolutely pathetic the state of gaming now. I can't wait for the next crash so we can clear out a few of these greedy corporations.

Idling is one thing, removing mounts from the game to sell is another.
    I agree. They're almost as bad as people who have zero clue about what a business does. How fucking dare blizzard try to maximise profits. It has gone too far with all the mounts they took out if the game like...like...like THE ZG MOUNTS. I was disgusted when they put them in the shop. How dare they take mimrons head out of the game and out it in the shop. I especially hate that buying mounts from the shop is mandatory and your account gets suspended when you don't buy the mounts within 30 days. It's worst than the bads who say they hate blizzards practises but they come to fan sites all the time to talk about blizzard. Good work. You are in no way pathetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Eh. Doesn't matter. It's optional.
    Yes, its optional to use, BUT the time spent designing items that goes on the store could have been spent on making ingame items instead. The problem with adding items to a store, even purely cosmetic ones, is that it incentivises them to make the regular game a little bit worse, so that players are tempted to buy the stuff from the store.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    So don't buy them? It's that easy fam.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Eh. Doesn't matter. It's optional.
    And despite that fact, these perpetually outraged dumbasses will continue to throw tiny twos tantrums about store mounts.

And let's not forget that fat cunt Heelvsbabyface comparing the Pirate Ship mount to World War 1. What a fucking dickhead.

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    what did they remove from the game to put in the shop?
    Nothing. People just assume that since they exist now, then they would also exist in a world without the shop, and thus would be available to be earned in-game. They don't seem to consider the possibility that they could have been made specifically for the shop and would not exist otherwise.

Seeing how you can get 343 mounts by playing the game, I do wonder what 14 store mounts do to the game...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    To me, the problem isn't intrinsic to the presence of store mounts. To me, the primary issue is content that is blatantly removed in favor of being a store property.

A good example of this is both the Heart and Soul of the Aspects items. Madness of Deathwing on heroic drops a boring recolor of the Alexstrasza themed drakes. But Heart of the Aspects is blatantly the beam that Thrall shoots out to kill Deathwing. Even the mount journal entry implies that this is heavily connected to the lore of that fight.

Now imagine if Invincible was a store mount and Heroic 25 Lich King dropped a plagued green recolor of the armored frostwyrms from the meta achievements. At the time of it, it would only directly affect the top 0.1% of players. But in the long run, it's still content that's kind of deprived for profit.

And that's my beef with the store. It's not the reality of greedy businesses, that part is gonna always be there. It's the time put into those creations that deprives a major collection element of the game.

Can anyone really tell me that the Dreadwake couldn't have found it's way into a BFA zone, or Crucible? That the Celestial Steed couldn't have been an Algalon drop or a reward for the key or Reply Code quest? It's something to consider that developers and artists have finite resources.
    Consider the other notion... that the mounts simply never would have been made otherwise.

In game development they don't just "make art for art's sake." Every asset is scheduled, especially ones like character and creature models. There aren't "errant models" just being made for funzies that someone in marketing goes "hmm put it on the store" to. If I had to guess, an artist probably gets "store mount 4E5J" assigned to them to design, model, and texture and then pass off to a rigger or animator if it needs special custom frills added.

Case in point, Thrall didn't need to shoot anything but a pretty beam of light out of the Dragon Soul. But if you look closely, yeah, sure, there's the heart of the aspects for like two seconds before it shoots into Deathwing and he bursts into sparkles. Maybe they figured "hey, we got this store mount, maybe we could strip the armor off this model and add it as a nice little touch to the end of the deathwing fight."

Suffice to say for the others like the sparklepony (that came out after Ulduar was done and over with anyway) and Dreadwake and other mounts that have zero in-game presence as creatures... if the store didn't exist, the mounts wouldn't have been made.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2019-11-10 at 01:29 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.