Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Unhappy When will Allied Races be unlocked without pre-quests and rep grind?

Have Blizzard hinted at whether the new races will be unlocked in Shadowlands for all players? Or will there be long laborious quest chains and rep grinds long term?

No, they have not said anything about that, personally, I don't think they will ever do, they will just make the grind easier

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhas View Post
    No, they have not said anything about that, personally, I don't think they will ever do, they will just make the grind easier
    Yeah, 2 of them aren't even out yet. People are grinding for them right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    At the minimum the prepatch. They may never change how they are unlocked.

They wont, get ya ass grindin'
    Originally Posted by Tradewind
    Well yeah, did you see the daughter? 0/10, would not bang.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardourdan View Post
    Have Blizzard hinted at whether the new races will be unlocked in Shadowlands for all players? Or will there be long laborious quest chains and rep grinds long term?
    Another week, another guy complaining about rpg aspects; specifically about rep grinds.

Dude, I have like fifteen rep grinds on my main done. It isn't THAT hard. I'm in the middle of my fourth allied race grind.

Why would allied races trust you that joining your faction is a good idea if they don't even know who you are?

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingForBlizzcon View Post
    Another week, another guy complaining about rpg aspects; specifically about rep grinds.

Dude, I have like fifteen rep grinds on my main done. It isn't THAT hard. I'm in the middle of my fourth allied race grind.

Why would allied races trust you that joining your faction is a good idea if they don't even know who you are?
    Well for a new/returning player it kinda sucks to level and grind on a character your not wanting to play just to unlock the one you do want to play.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

There was a post-Blizzcon Q&A which had a question about this. I believe the answer was that they might consider removing rep requirements when the content is TOO outdated; I’d expect the Legion allied races to have their reps removed in SL
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Well for a new/returning player it kinda sucks to level and grind on a character your not wanting to play just to unlock the one you do want to play.
    No sympathy; I've had to do four of these grinds now.

The recent interviews have mentioned that they are looking at how to ease the acquisition.

They might make it easier but it's far to early to make them just be unlocked without any effort.

The older Allied races "may" and i use that term specifically be adjusted given that they now belong to older content that will now be even more disconnected from the game due to the massive leveling overhaul. That is what most people have gotten from the recent interviews talking about Allied races, but until the actual decision is made all they're doing is looking at it.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    They'll likely end up diminishing the rep requirement more and more over the years to the point of just needing to complete whatever quest- and story-chains are related to them before they unlock and become playable. If not ending up scrapping the recruitment-quest-chain and other requirements entirely as they're moving to make the world you level in the past recent expansion with last levels being the current one aswell as endgame.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2019-11-10 at 12:31 AM.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

All that said... i hope they will not hide the " all allied race able to be dk " behind a freaking reputation/grind wall... :P

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    It also sucks to know that 90% of the game is either handed free or made significantly easier so every time you play you ask yourself should I play now or wait cuz maybe they'll make it easier / free...

With gear and levelling you can kinda accept it that people need to "catch up" to play together with the old crew (it's an MMO after all), but with cosmetic / prestige rewards that's another story. Most of these races are cosmetic reskins anyway, only ones with unique model are Kul tirans, male Zandalari and Vulpera (if you ignore they use Goblin rig, but they do look different to the eye).

I don't like removing anything (like MOP CM transmogs), but tbh whatever stays it's already easier to do now by the sheer fact higher level character kills stuff faster.

Take Suramar when it was fresh, to complete the questline you had to go to elite side of the city that was brutal for majority of characters and also complete emerald nightmare raid. Now it's a walk in the park.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    It also sucks to know that 90% of the game is either handed free or made significantly easier so every time you play you ask yourself should I play now or wait cuz maybe they'll make it easier / free...
    This is literally the position I'm in. I'm spending 95% of my time in Classic at the moment but I will obviously jump into the Shadowlands. The new allied races look cool but I'm not interested in grinding the rep or long quest chains if they will be unlocked and available for all anyway.

They think grinding out rep for unlocks is fun gameplay... IE they timegate everything, so probably NEVER.

In a couple expansions they might make it easier.

When will old school legendaries be unlocked without having to build them for wait for them from horrible drop rates?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwijello View Post
    They think grinding out rep for unlocks is fun gameplay... IE they timegate everything, so probably NEVER.
    Timegates have been in the game from almost the beginning

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    They should double the rep you get from world quests/quests in general for the Allied Races. Problem solved