Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    About the winning, now I actually did get those 5% of progress. So, I guess, previously it just bugged out for me. Blizzard, common.
    At least that means winning this has a point. Still, people ignore everything to get the rams/mine supplies/armor scraps, but that is absolutely understandable.

I read that the badges from winning/losing do count now, but that doesn't matter because you only get ten on a win and it can take an hour or three to win a BG, so you would die of old age before getting 200 badges that way. If it rewarded 100 for a win and 50 for a loss, that could be interesting, incentivizing people to actually try to win the BG and not /afk the instant the 25 wolves/rams are done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Badges earned from wins/losses don't count towards the mounts.
    They did for me all this week. The ones that don't count [anymore] are the ones people tried to cheese from other sources (opening containers with badges in BG, etc).

I mean, you only get ten for a win which is usually a least a couple hours of play so it isn't exactly going to result in anyone rolling in badges.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    Ah, you're one of those guys who fights on the roads, and when their side loses the bg, they start calling everyone "retards".
    rarely cuz I win 80% of the time.

(Removed for Violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Weird. I won the first AV 2 days ago and still had 0 badges while tracking the achievement
    It was buggy for EU at least for few hours. I got 10 badges from winning, but it didnt contribute to the mount. Then I lost one few hours later, then I got 5, and 2.5% on the mount.

Best way by far farming badges is taming wolves you get 5x badges per wolf and takes 30 seconds to that quest and repeat.

Doing that you help the team summoning the wolves that hit like a truck.

Instead of being a lazy pver inside the mines.
    (Removed for Violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    What's up with this bullshit grind? 1 badge per 20 armor scraps, 2 badges per turn in of the mine quest. They could have made the recuirement getting X amount of honor, instead of competing with others for looting 4000 armor scraps or doing the god damn mine quest 100 times.

The raid part of this anniversary was alright but this one is a pile of shit.
    Do you know what the best part is? The mounts are absolutely ugly and awful looking. But I still did it because I am a sucker and I love limited edition stuff... My shinies...

Badges earned from wins/losses don't count towards the mounts.
    They do. Stop spreading misinformation as it was even hotfixed because in some cases it wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    They do. Stop spreading misinformation as it was even hotfixed because in some cases it wasn't.
    I wasn't aware of the hotfix, and as you yourself are saying that they weren't always granted means you know that they were, at one point, not being granted.

Glad they fixed it.

I wasn't aware of the hotfix, and as you yourself are saying that they weren't always granted means you know that they were, at one point, not being granted.

Glad they fixed it.
    No they were being granted at the start, however, there was a bug that prevented some people who it wouldn't count if they were in the Van/Drek rooms otherwise it counted for everyone.

Very poorly designed and of course not in the spirit of Classic AV at all, it involves poor scaling where people bring out old items and xp-off twinks mess with stuff. It's like what classic AV would have been if retail designers made it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    If there's one thing that Korrak's Revenge has taught us is that "vanilla veterans" are consummate liars.

No, AV wasn't an "epic" 24-hour long back and forth struggle. It was just as much of a zergfest back then as it is now. NPCs are completely inconsequential.
    Uhh yes it was... but okay dude.

I did it via armor scraps and it took 4 games. It wasn't that bad. Reap souls, get mount. Play game.

One thing is sure, while the implementation of quest objectives that go against BG's objectives, I honestly hope they add this version permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by glowzone View Post
    Not gana lie, they did a shabby job at this.

Npcs are way too easy, gy's aren't in the their old locations, not to mention the mountquest means that 30% of the raid is in the mine.
    I can see why the first two weren't done, but the mountquest is just such lack of foresight.
    Grave yards aren’t in their old places? Afaik this is exactly how old AV looked like.

Quote Originally Posted by Exhuman View Post
    Instead of being a lazy pver inside the mines.
    It took me only 3 lost AV's and with just mine grind to get the mount.

1. mines were full, instant spawns, you were done with the quest just running halfway into the mine
    2. many times a druid/rogue would pop up in the mine, scraps without competition for looting
    3. mine quest NPC and quest progress remains at each stage of the AV and even after the BG, nothing is lost (see scraps)
    -

10+ Year Old Account
    The worst thing is the quest to kill this one rare mob. Alliance never makes it there before Horde has tapped or killed him. Or coming into many AV's where the Horde is already in the Alliancebase and you can just sit there and wait until it's over are very annoying.
    I'll probably start again on a Horde character because after playing many hours I'm at 47%. One thing was good: I got the rank 3 of the pvp-essence with my main.

Quote Originally Posted by McCrazy View Post
    The worst thing is the quest to kill this one rare mob. Alliance never makes it there before Horde has tapped or killed him. Or coming into many AV's where the Horde is already in the Alliancebase and you can just sit there and wait until it's over are very annoying.
    I'll probably start again on a Horde character because after playing many hours I'm at 47%. One thing was good: I got the rank 3 of the pvp-essence with my main.
    They changed Korrak the Bloodrager to spawn after two minutes so everyone has time to get there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post
    Where do you get that quest?
    Horde is due south the starting cave. I think Alliance is south of their base, not sure though.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I read that the badges from winning/losing do count now, but that doesn't matter because you only get ten on a win and it can take an hour or three to win a BG, so you would die of old age before getting 200 badges that way. If it rewarded 100 for a win and 50 for a loss, that could be interesting, incentivizing people to actually try to win the BG and not /afk the instant the 25 wolves/rams are done.
    Assuming you only try for the win badges, that's 20 wins. Over a two month period. Seriously, this is the grind we're upset about?