Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Everything is dying.

You, your loved ones, the universe... And World of Warcraft.. It's a part of the cycle.

Now, you have to enjoy it while it lasts instead of focusing on the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    BFA is dead due to lack of content
    Hahahahahahahah, there is like hundreds of things to do, ofc if you like the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure many many many people are still playing, everyone that came back for it that I know already quit again apart from one guy I still see play every now and again.

Not that that is saying much but I'm assuming while alot of people came back for it the drop off is quite steep as well.

Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    Classic WoW is the biggest scam that any one company has perpetrated and mindless dummy droves can’t even see it. It makes me sick to my stomach when I realize i’m associated with “gamers” because of my hobby.

In one breath, gamers “rise up” against predatory monetization tactics, poor quality products and rehashes. Then then flock to Pay for fucking Classic WoW, a game over 15 years old.

And honestly, the game wasn’t even that good. Broken raids. Broken leveling. Broken quests. Broken story. Broken specs.

But here we are.

Fuck my life.
    You are clearly the superior being and gamer and should not be associated with the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    You are clearly the superior being and gamer and should not be associated with the rest of us.
    No actually, me enjoying video games at 35 is actually a secret shame.

10+ Year Old Account
    nope Im still leveling, 1-2 hours of play every evening. Enjoying myself. Feeling less pressured to reach some kind of endgame goal. It's nice.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't seen anyone yet claiming it's dead tbf.

There are still tons of people around.

would've thought that 2931 posts on this forum at the tender age of 35 would be your secret shame tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Xemioza View Post
    Hahahahahahahah, there is like hundreds of things to do, ofc if you like the game.
    People BEG for account wide stuff, because its allready a bit to demanding on 1 main char to do. Classic does not have issues like that. Nearly every complain about retail originates from to much to do for 1 char and way much to do for X chars (AP, esssences, rep, TF/WF/gearprogression).

Nobody said ever in retail "we have nothing to do, the game is boring".
    -

Quote Originally Posted by vbnm247 View Post
    Also arkanon

So are you going to post numbers and practice what you preach?
    Sure. Currently, classic has 350 ppl viewing, while retail, excluding sub forums, has over 500. At one point, the fanbois used the 1000+ people viewing classic forums as "proof" of its popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Sure. Currently, classic has 350 ppl viewing, while retail, excluding sub forums, has over 500. At one point, the fanbois used the 1000+ people viewing classic forums as "proof" of its popularity.
    So you're saying a game 15 years old has like 70% of the interest of the current game? I would take that as a very positive information.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Neither of those said there is currently millions of classic players, or even 1m classic players. Honestly you guys must be a salesmans dream.
    Well, it said there was at least over 2.5 million players returning when it was released, and whilst that number will have gone down and won't be true anymore, I sincerely doubt that Classic has lost over 1.5 million players since release. So, I think we can say yes, Classic has over 1 million players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by perkocet View Post
    It is absolutely hilarious that you're really non-ironically using WoD as an example. LOL.

If you think that 'WoD bump' in subscribers stuck around longer than a month, it really isn't a stretch to believe that you think there's still millions playing classic.
    The difference was that WoD was complete garbage from what people say, so why would people stick around? WoD would bleed players a lot more than what Classic would.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Well, it said there was at least over 2.5 million players returning when it was released, and whilst that number will have gone down and won't be true anymore, I sincerely doubt that Classic has lost over 1.5 million players since release. So, I think we can say yes, Classic has over 1 million players.

- - - Updated - - -

The difference was that WoD was complete garbage from what people say, so why would people stick around? WoD would bleed players a lot more than what Classic would.
    Thank you for your opinions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    A lot of retailers have stopped playing. But people who came back just for Classic are still chugging on.

Classic died when BC launched.
    VOTING IS MOB RULE AND MOB RULE IS MEDIA RULE AND
    MEDIA RULE IS CORPORATE RULE

Never would have guessed you were 35 judging by your post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopsnacker View Post
    Ion never said Classic has millions of players.

And of course it is still doing fine. Most retail players that play classic right now will still play until the next content patch.

And when the retail patch hits it will be the time to see how good classic is still doing and when the next xpac hits.

Before Blizz stopped the wowpop addon to work in week 3 after release we were already at a 35% player drop in average, but that wasn't worth to mentions because so many people played it. Seeing my friendlist which dropped from roughly 20 active classic players to only 3 already is also what I am seeing on my two servers I am playing on. Even though they are still layered it already feels damn empty, if you manually search max level chars or zones for certain classes it does not even reach the maximum of 50 findable characters.
    And it is god damn hard to quickly find people for most of the dungeons no matter in which channel you search.

Next earning call will be interesting. Everyone hyping the last call, where Classic started almost at the end of of course made a huge gain in subs, is somewhat blind.

And not to mention that no serious players who actually needs a good gameplay and somewhat challenging in the endgame will stick with classic. They will play whatever they played before, even when its something like CoD MW (which also happened in my friendlist, those were never online since the release of that and don't even play this so much anymore.)
    I don't think retail patches are going to affect Classic, really. Majority of people that played retail at the same time have probably already given up and jacked it in, it was free after all so why would they not give it a shot. Swinging it the other way, the majority of people playing Classic have no interest in logging onto BFA.

In my guild, the people who really went "all in, forever" for Classic are now struggling to put 5-man groups together. At least, that's how it's looking in the Classic section of my guild Discord. The roster has gone form 40+ online at launch to about 2-3 online each night.

Last week seven people announced they were letting their subs lapse because they hit 60 and couple of people announced they were going back to retail (this means they log in to retail once every week on a alt so they can be carried through raid clear and a +10 while complaing about how everything about retail sucks, never to log on until next reset.

Good times. Good times. This community split hasn't been very good for my guild.
    Last edited by TwoMana; 2019-11-10 at 10:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biochem92 View Post
    This guy is right, They made too many servers, ppl were hogging gear right and left, and MC is laughable content. Honestly classic has 1/4 of the staying power of retail sadly.
    The lobby game with almost no RPG elements or real sense of community?
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

people got to level 20 something and then realized what a soul crushing grind levelling is so majority quit, some diehards left but slowly leaving..