SL systems & lore

1.Arent't Blizzard aware about the retconing of the lore they are doing?After all the book Before the Storm was so soon released and Blizzard are already contradicting Sylvanas's actions.

2.I like Blizzard's aproach towards leveling experience and old world.I enjoy some expansions and i hate other.

3.Now lets talk a little about alts.Blizzard is going into the right direction.Making progress toward my end game with my alt while leveling is a good change.Why not add on top of it?Give me a Valor point or what ever will be the SL equivalent boost for alts once the main is capped and also Grand Commendations which double all reputation gains with that faction for all characters on the account.

4.It is great to have the talent trees back in some kind of form.What i don't like is if the talents are bound to a consumable.This really hurts the way i can build my character.What is the problem to have some NPC which lets me change my build by paying?Like it was before.Haveing consumables combined with a tallent is a HUGE NO,NO by me.

5.I don't like the idea about not being able to aquire all the outfits just because i am bound to a covenant.If the outfits are not account bound the shit storm will be huge.I won't mind leveling 4 characters each in different covenant but [B]The End result must be account bound6.I am absolutelly against GCD.I enjoyed how Legion worked and i'm glad Blizzard are reverting the changes little by little.Adding GCD back in BFA was the worst move they could have made.
    Last edited by dragnipur; 2019-11-10 at 04:04 PM.
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

Quote Originally Posted by dragnipur View Post
    1.Arent't Blizzard aware about the retconing of the lore they are doing?
    It's always been "gameplay first".

1.Arent't Blizzard aware about the retconing of the lore they are doing?After all the book Before the Storm was so soon released and Blizzard are already contradicting Sylvanas's actions.The book vs the developer.

4.It is great to have the talent trees back in some kind of form.What i don't like is if the talents are bound to a consumable.This really hurts the way i can build my character.What is the problem to have some NPC which lets me change my build by paying?Like it was before.Haveing consumables combined with a tallent is a HUGE NO,NO by me.

5.I don't like the idea about not being able to aquire all the outfits just because i am bound to a covenant.If the outfits are not account bound the shit storm will be huge.I won't mind leveling 4 characters each in different covenant but [B]The End result must be account bound6.I am absolutelly against GCD.I enjoyed how Legion worked and i'm glad Blizzard are reverting the changes little by little.Adding GCD back in BFA was the worst move they could have made.
    They just don't give a toss about their lore or the things they've said yesterday.

I agree that these 2 points will probably be the 2 major annoyances of SL. Shackling the Soulbind system to a consumable will just hamper experimentation again and frankly, the only way I see covenants working out without sucumbing to the balancing nightmare they are about to inflict upon themsleves is by having at least the cosmetic stuff be account wide, so you can earn it on other characters.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

How are her actions in Before the Storm contradicted in Shadowlands?

7+ Year Old Account
    Arent't Blizzard aware about the retconing of the lore they are doing?
    Oh, they are aware.
    They just don't give 2 shit.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    1.Arent't Blizzard aware about the retconing of the lore they are doing?After all the book Before the Storm was so soon released and Blizzard are already contradicting Sylvanas's actions.The book vs the developer.
    Care to elaborate? Because I have no idea wtf you're talking about unless you attempt to elaborate.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Care to elaborate? Because I have no idea wtf you're talking about unless you attempt to elaborate.
    It's been discussed numerous times already. In the book it has pages and pages of Slyvannas' inner monologue about being chosen as Warchief. How she didn't want it, and how she resents Vol'jin for naming her as warchief. Now Blizz is saying it was her plan all along, and that she's been executing her plan since at least the Broken Shore when she left the Alliance to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Shackling the Soulbind system to a consumable will just hamper experimentation again and frankly, the only way I see covenants working out without sucumbing to the balancing nightmare they are about to inflict upon themsleves is by having at least the cosmetic stuff be account wide, so you can earn it on other characters.
    I agree with you.I really hope Blizzard throw out of the window the idea about consumables and talents at the same being tide.This is the worst idea ever.As you said builds will be hinder a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    How are her actions in Before the Storm contradicted in Shadowlands?
    In the book she didn't want to be a warchief.Now Blizzard are saying she was planing being a warchief.WTF???
    Blizzard are saying "Ooooo look at us.This was all thought way back."Like fuck it was.Blizzard are having a huge story problem which was not so big when Metzen was in charge.I agree he had his own writing problems.But not like this.Come on.
    Last edited by dragnipur; 2019-11-10 at 04:13 PM.
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....