Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    It is funny how TBC-Cata raids are suddenly treated now like Cutting Edge level in difficulty, lol.
    It is not even on old Heroic mode...
    Noone I know does that. People moaning over an anniversary event meant to gift people things as thanks should be, do think that it should be an exact re-tread of the past fights. That would be a massive ball-ache for what you actually get out of it. For the real deal, just hang tight for the time-walking event to happen, don't belly-ache over a fun little thing.

Not interested in playing retail, thanks.
    What's your problem then?

Well. I've seen streams/vids from it and these bosses are literally free loot pinatas.
    They did good job with MC on 10th anniversary and later Ulduar timewalking with balancing their difficulty (even if Ulduar was still slighlty too easy imho) and could do same thing here.
    How sad.
    Oh no, people getting loot from an activity, oh the injustice! The mount is from the achievement to do all of the vignettes, loot from the vignettes were a seperate thing, nobody cares about that.

The past many years, we got our shit in the mail without having to lift a finger other than walking to a mailbox. It was nice that they actually did a little thing for a change. It would be nice to get more things by doing little events for an anniversary.

The MC event was fine the first 5-ish days, then it started to tank because a lot of decent people had already done it and stopped caring. As with regular raid lock-outs. LFR is fine at the start of the week and shite late in the week.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    My group only wiped on Heigan. Every other boss was completed on the first shot.
    Given you are dropped into each fight around 50% and are pulled out a few minutes later, I wonder if any groups have managed to actually kill all the bosses instead of simply surviving?

Quote Originally Posted by dexx View Post
    Given you are dropped into each fight around 50% and are pulled out a few minutes later, I wonder if any groups have managed to actually kill all the bosses instead of simply surviving?
    I'm pretty sure nobody has actually killed them. You are scaled down to the level of the boss and I think it works where you will be taken back out long before you come close to killing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    It was pretty disappointing watching asmongold do this event. What's even the point if you cant finish the boss from 100% to 0%. We can all go do old raids and one shot them if we want. I thought the whole point of this event was to see the old raids like they were (in easier version of course) as a full raid group. Blizzard is just too scared to slightly inconvenience casuals. It doesnt feel good to not be able to finish a boss and not experience the mechanics. This event just shows blizzard doesnt care anymore.
    This is an ANNIVESARY event. This is simply gfor fun and give you a taste. Ridiculous to claim that this proves Blizzard doesn't care. Not getting exactly what you wanted does not mean Blizzard doesn't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Nah, not really.
    Thats like saying trolls are also called orcs. I mean, you can say that but you'd be wrong.
    They are literally called that. They have been called that at least since the 90's. It is an add-on, because it adds more content on to the game.

I bet this is blizzard testing their new "tourist" mode that's easier than LFR so that chinese players ln their phones can beat it.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I'm only there for the mount and pet anyway.. so tbh, I don't give much of a fuck. Killing bosses I did years ago when they were current holds little meaning to me.
    Not even killing them, just dpsing them for a part of 1 phase.

The event was good for some quick nostalgia, but I wish they didn't made these fights so retard-proof and very short. The only boss my group whiped on several times in all wings was the Lich King, where no one spread enough for Defile. I don't think this event was bad but it could have been way better.

All I've learned from this thread is that Blizzard is literally better off just dumping free stuff in the mail than doing any kind of event, because if you do an easy event people will complain about Blizzard not caring about the game and giving away free stuff.

Meanwhile, if they actually literally give away free stuff, no one complains.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirgelast View Post
    --- snip ---
    Did you just make a forum account exclusively to troll about regional linguistics/colloquialisms? That's... certainly something.

Edit: nah, looked at his post history, he actually just made a forum account exclusively to call people idiots in the Epstein thread.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-11-10 at 04:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by How dare you View Post
    They are literally called that. They have been called that at least since the 90's. It is an add-on, because it adds more content on to the game.
    I doubt that but that still does not make it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post
    why should the anniversary be any better then BfA itself? Blizz gave up on this addon and everything that comes with it a month into BfA
    need to pick a different word.... it no way close to addon maybe next time say expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Tolfor View Post
    Halyon just specifically said that they're NOT Cutting Edge level in difficulty. Reading comprehension; do you have it?
    You clearly did not read previous posts in the conversation, did you?

Quote Originally Posted by Augusta138 View Post
    So why are you even bothered with this anniversary event? (The quality / the rewards or the difficulty?)
    Read my previous posts and you will understand.
    I really wanted to install retail and try this event but after seeing vids and streams from it it is not even worth wasting single minute

Not playing retail.
    Ow now i see, you play Classic and are really disgruntled you cant get your 15th anniversary stuff in there.
    ???
    What does this have to do with Classic?

The event is fine imo, some nice gear for alts / transmog and a nice mount.
    Nice mount no 34543 that everyone will use for 5 days and will be forgotten.
    'When everyone is awesome then noone is awesome.'

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Noone I know does that. People moaning over an anniversary event meant to gift people things as thanks should be, do think that it should be an exact re-tread of the past fights. That would be a massive ball-ache for what you actually get out of it. For the real deal, just hang tight for the time-walking event to happen, don't belly-ache over a fun little thing.
    Just admit that you guys like free stuff in the dressing of artificial time investment.

What's your problem then?
    I would be really, really happy with the event but it is not worth installing the game.
    This is my problem.

Oh no, people getting loot from an activity, oh the injustice! The mount is from the achievement to do all of the vignettes, loot from the vignettes were a seperate thing, nobody cares about that.

The past many years, we got our shit in the mail without having to lift a finger other than walking to a mailbox. It was nice that they actually did a little thing for a change. It would be nice to get more things by doing little events for an anniversary.
    I'd rather to not get anything on my mail tbh.

The MC event was fine the first 5-ish days, then it started to tank because a lot of decent people had already done it and stopped caring. As with regular raid lock-outs. LFR is fine at the start of the week and shite late in the week.
    Oh wow, wow, wow!
    MC is suddenly hard too! And it can't be done easily with PuG! :O
    (i did it with with PuG btw)

As crappy as many players are, trust me, it's a blessing. You can tell too many players to do/not do something (not everyone has seen or remembers this content), and they do it anyway, and wipe the raid - making you have to start all over again at the first boss. Some of us don't have the time and/or physical abilities to endlessly bash our heads against the wall because of the lazy/stupid people.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Snip

Yeah, who would have thought they would have made the anniversary event so hard nobody or just elitists guys as you can earn the rewards.
    I mean, who comes up with things like that?

It really should be hard and unforgiving and give you a reward barely anyone can earn during something that IS MEANT to be celebrated by the WHOLE community.

And i really do think it is funny, you required streams or videos from players to see or understand the event would be ''easy''.

And if you are so busy with who or how many people are riding the same mount because you want to feel like a little special snowflake, you can barely ride any mount at all.

Quote Originally Posted by bulutooth23 View Post
    the Kael fight alone took 30-35 minutes in TBC
    What the hell are you on about? 30-35m fight?

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    That's what AV was, days long grinds.
    But that doesn’t make it a good event to bring back. Especially how they tied a mount grind to it. In my experience a big chunk of the raid avoids the battle/PvP and will just do the repeatable quests. However, to win the BG, you need almost a full raid to push the opponents back in the last bottleneck. Since the raid is scattered around after a few minutes of battle, pushing those final 2 towers is nearly impossible. NPC’s spawn too fast and defense has a gigantic advantage. Frustrated people will leave, new people see the battle can’t be won, and start doing some quests or just leave.

To make matters worse, the groupfinder manages to group you up with 39 dps, 1 healer and 0 tanks. Fun.

Just admit that you guys like free stuff in the dressing of artificial time investment.
    When you admit that you're a salty elitist.

I would be really, really happy with the event but it is not worth installing the game.
    This is my problem.
    Aww, poor baby.
    I'd rather to not get anything on my mail tbh.
    Playing the wrong game then.

Oh wow, wow, wow!
    MC is suddenly hard too! And it can't be done easily with PuG! :O
    (i did it with with PuG btw)
    ...MC is piss easy, especially in vanilla.

When you admit that you're a salty elitist.
    Salty? Yes a little bit. It could be amazing event.
    Elitist? Probably during TBC/WotLK but now not much anymore.

Aww, poor baby.
    If you consider +30yo as a baby... sure i guess.

Playing the wrong game then.
    Correct.
    I do not play retail.

...MC is piss easy, especially in vanilla.
    You have just said you had to do it with decent people in previous post.

Salty? Yes a little bit. It could be amazing event.
    Elitist? Probably during TBC/WotLK but now not much anymore.
    You act like one.

If you consider +30yo as a baby... sure i guess.
    Refer to previous statement.

Correct.
    I do not play retail.
    Yet you moan about it.

You have just said you had to do it with decent people in previous post.
    I mean, that's a pretty low bar to set. There are people who dance around it. I did the event with 5 chars at the time, one of those was end of the week, and there were several wipes, as is normal for LFR content. That's what I was saying.

5+ Year Old Account
    I did the raid once for my mount and killed 3 world bosses. No need to repeat it really.