Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Great game Minnesota vs Penn St. So happy to see the Nitany Lions fall. I wonder how high the Gophers will rise with an undefeated record and a win over #4.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow - LSU just drove the ball 92 yards like Alabama wasn't even there.

My concern as an Oregon fan is that regardless of who wins this game, the loser won't fall far enough in the CFP poll to boost Oregon. Unless it's some kind of blowout. I could only see Oregon shooting ahead then, otherwise they'll have to wait for the theoretical PAC12 Champ game where they meet and beat a one-loss Utah. Meanwhile, Oregon would still need two other teams to lose to make the top 4. And that's assuming Minnesota doesn't move ahead after their win.
    Well, looks like Bama is getting blown out. Between Baylor needing 3 OTs to beat TCU and Minnesota knocking off PSU I'll be intrigued to see what happens to the top-10 on Tuesday. Utah might actually move up despite being off this week.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Bama Choking, Penn St lost, Baylor not looking good...
    Very good chance Utah or Oregon make the playoffs and make a run for their first title.

- - - Updated - - -

Great game Minnesota vs Penn St. So happy to see the Nitany Lions fall. I wonder how high the Gophers will rise with an undefeated record and a win over #4.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow - LSU just drove the ball 92 yards like Alabama wasn't even there.

My concern as an Oregon fan is that regardless of who wins this game, the loser won't fall far enough in the CFP poll to boost Oregon. Unless it's some kind of blowout. I could only see Oregon shooting ahead then, otherwise they'll have to wait for the theoretical PAC12 Champ game where they meet and beat a one-loss Utah. Meanwhile, Oregon would still need two other teams to lose to make the top 4. And that's assuming Minnesota doesn't move ahead after their win.
    Yo, you should join the Pac-12 Sports discord Brubear and I are in. If you want, I'll DM you a link. we could use more Oregon fans.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    Well, looks like Bama is getting blown out. Between Baylor needing 3 OTs to beat TCU and Minnesota knocking off PSU I'll be intrigued to see what happens to the top-10 on Tuesday. Utah might actually move up despite being off this week.
    Yeah, very interesting. 'Bama getting killed across the field. Barrow is going to win the Heisman off this win.

Utah and Oregon might move up. If Alabama can't pull something out in the second half it's going to be a slaughter. Auburn is hosting Georgia next week. If they beat Georgia (and as an Oregon Duck fan I HATE rooting for Auburn) Oregon/Utah might make the top four after the PAC12 Champ game. Might be in sooner....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingForBlizzcon View Post
    Yo, you should join the Pac-12 Sports discord Brubear and I are in. If you want, I'll DM you a link. we could use more Oregon fans.
    Yes please.

- - - Updated - - -

Bama Choking, Penn St lost, Baylor not looking good...
    Very good chance Utah or Oregon make the playoffs and make a run for their first title.
    Would be amazing to see Oregon vs LSU for the CFP title.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Yeah, very interesting. 'Bama getting killed across the field. Barrow is going to win the Heisman off this win.

Utah and Oregon might move up. If Alabama can't pull something out in the second half it's going to be a slaughter. Auburn is hosting Georgia next week. If they beat Georgia (and as an Oregon Duck fan I HATE rooting for Auburn) Oregon/Utah might make the top four after the PAC12 Champ game. Might be in sooner....

- - - Updated - - -

Yes please.

- - - Updated - - -

Would be amazing to see Oregon vs LSU for the CFP title.
    Updated; expected scripted come back currently in progress

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    LSU just scored - game pretty much over, outside a miracle.

- - - Updated - - -

Updated; expected scripted come back currently in progress
    Lol, yeah - didn't really see Bama getting crushed. But they certainly got beat today. Not really close, despite the score.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure Clemson and Georgia are going to be fine today. However, losing Penn State and Alabama is a nice Saturday.

New top four should be

1. LSU
    2. Ohio State
    3. Clemson
    4. Alabama

It’ll be interesting to see where they rank Minnesota.

Also PAC 12 will not get in over 1 loss team from Big 10 / SEC / Big 12.
    Last edited by muto; 2019-11-10 at 03:34 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    New top four should be

1. LSU
    2. Ohio State
    3. Clemson
    4. Alabama

lol you only drop bama 1 spot?

Nice homerism imo.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    New top four should be

1. LSU
    2. Ohio State
    3. Clemson
    4. Alabama

Only that far?

These asshats here think Oklahoma will jump from 9 to 4 with Alabama's loss. Talk about idiotic. The fucking east coast bias in college football is such a joke.

We all agree Penn State is out, falling several spots at least. The only question is how far down realistically Bama will fall. I would be surprised to see them fall to 8-10. But I wouldn't be surprised to see them behind Oregon and Utah. Both are also one-loss teams.

1. LSU
    2. Ohio State
    3. Clemson

Those are the obvious and only remaining undefeated teams. The other four (Georgia, Oregon, Utah, Alabama) will be a crap shoot at this point. Although Georgia seems like an obvious 4th spot, given their current standings now. That idiotic article I linked doesn't even mention them. Fuckwads.

lol you only drop bama 1 spot?

Nice homerism imo.
    I’m a Nebraska fan and I was rooting for LSU. Whether you like it or not Alabama is still a top 4 team and would beat any team below them except maybe Clemson, and that would be a 50/50. It doesn’t make sense for Alabama to drop that far when they lost to a team 1 spot above them by 5 points.

Also after watching Oklahoma nearly lose again to Iowa State, I think they’re out even if they win the Big 12.

Also guy above me. I don’t think I’d have Georgia higher than Alabama. Alabama has a better loss.
    Last edited by muto; 2019-11-10 at 05:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    LSU, OSU, Clemson, Minnesota. Because why not.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I’m a Nebraska fan and I was rooting for LSU. Whether you like it or not Alabama is still a top 4 team and would beat any team below them except maybe Clemson, and that would be a 50/50. It doesn’t make sense for Alabama to drop that far when they lost to a team 1 spot above them by 5 points.

Also after watching Oklahoma nearly lose again to Iowa State, I think they’re out even if they win the Big 12.

Also guy above me. I don’t think I’d have Georgia higher than Alabama. Alabama has a better loss.
    The game wasn't that close. The final score was by 5, but if you watched it, LSU dominated Alabama the entire time. While their one loss is to the [now] #1 team, they don't have any big wins either. The argument to keep them ranked high is because they were ranked high. They don't have any top 25 wins. Of course they're still good, but I wouldn't say that no one else can beat them.

Moreover, other teams with one loss have better wins. Looking at it that way, wins against good teams should count more than losses against similarly good teams. Georgia beat Florida and Notre Dame, both ranked teams. Oregon and Utah are both strong, but they also don't have any solid top 25 wins. I would see the top 10 CFP poll going like this:

1. LSU
    2. Ohio State
    3. Clemson
    4. Georgia
    5. Oregon
    6. Utah
    7. Alabama
    8. Oklahoma
    9. Florida
    10. Auburn/Minnesota

With Penn State dropping out of the top 25. Minnesota is the only wild card for the rankings, with the only question being how far up they will rise.

Thoughts?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    LSU, OSU, Clemson, Minnesota. Because why not.
    Minnesota will be interesting to see where they land. Penn State was always going to lose to Ohio State, so their ranking was just...because. Now that loss will push them deep into the teens.

No way Alabama is ranked below PAC 12 teams. The furthest they fall is #5, which is even pretty doubtful. Also Baylor should jump Oklahoma.

5+ Year Old Account
    No way Alabama is ranked below PAC 12 teams. The furthest they fall is #5, which is even pretty doubtful. Also Baylor should jump Oklahoma.
    Why not? Alabama has a much more recent loss in what was a pretty ugly loss.

Why not? Alabama has a much more recent loss in what was a pretty ugly loss.
    Because Alabama is better.

5+ Year Old Account
    Because Alabama is better.
    Where's their top 25 wins, then?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Why? Alabama has no top-25 wins. They got their asses kicked by LSU - the only tough game they've had all year. You're arguing Alabama is better because why again?

Oh look I was right

https://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings

Haters gonna hate, but Alabama is the 4th best team in the country. LSU is just that good. Their QB and Offensive line are stellar. That doesn’t mean Alabama is bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Why? Alabama has no top-25 wins. They got their asses kicked by LSU - the only tough game they've had all year. You're arguing Alabama is better because why again?
    Because they’re consistent? They hadn’t lost a home game in 30+ games prior to last night, and only lose on average one game a year.
    Last edited by muto; 2019-11-10 at 07:55 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Oh look I was right

https://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings

Haters gonna hate, but Alabama is the 4th best team in the country. LSU is just that good. Their QB and Offensive line are stellar. That doesn’t mean Alabama is bad.
    Wow - the CFP rankings came out today instead of Tuesday?!? That's amazing.

We'll see what happens when the only poll that matters this time of year comes out. I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm asking you to point to how Alabama is better than other one-loss teams. Feels don't count.
    Because they’re consistent? They hadn’t lost a home game in 30+ games prior to last night, and only lose on average one game a year.
    Not sure you're thinking that through entirely. You're arguing that because they were good, but are now worse (just lost their first home game), they should automatically be better than other one-loss teams with better wins under their belt? Help us out here.

Georgia has two wins against currently ranked top 25 teams. Arguably they should be 4th.
    Last edited by cubby; 2019-11-10 at 08:22 PM.

Georgia wouldn’t beat Alabama. Neither would Baylor, Oklahoma, Utah, Oregon, Penn State, or Minnesota. The only team under them that might challenge them would be Auburn because it’s a rivalry game.
    Last edited by muto; 2019-11-10 at 08:32 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Georgia wouldn’t beat Alabama. Neither would Baylor, Oklahoma, Utah, Oregon, Penn State, or Minnesota. The only team under them that might challenge them would be Auburn because it’s a rivalry game.
    You say with absolutely zero evidence to back the claim. Point to something that happened this year that event remotely agrees with that statement. Oregon could definitely beat Alabama and would give LSU a run for it's money. Utah might as well. Baylor is [as always] a joke.

LSU has the best marquee wins. After that it's really just record and past seasons. Georgia has the next best set of wins.