View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangoogla View Post
    Btw You don't know what the word Marxist means. It makes you sound silly. Stop using it. Corbyn is not a Marxist. Almost no one has actually read Marx outside of political and philosophy professors, it is far too tedious to wade through.
    It doesn't matter, of course I haven't read Marx but you miss my point. Here is a headline from todays Sun.

If the NHS is truly under threat it is not from a Tory government — but from Corbyn’s Marxist revolution

Tomorrow he will be a chicken, the day after a communist and after that you can add IRA sympathiser, anti-semite and so on. He may be all or none of those things but this mud is sticking to him like shit to a blanket.

He has lost the centre, finished and taking the Labour party down with him whilst Boris hoovers it up.

It's very very sad to watch this car crash happen to a once proud party but the magic grandpa has run out of magic. How dont you see that?
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    It doesn't matter, of course I haven't read Marx but you miss my point. Here is a headline from todays Sun.

If the NHS is truly under threat it is not from a Tory government — but from Corbyn’s Marxist revolution

Tomorrow he will be a chicken, the day after a communist and after that you can add IRA sympathiser, anti-semite and so on. He may be all or none of those things but this mud is sticking to him like shit to a blanket.

He has lost the centre, finished and taking the Labour party down with him whilst Boris hoovers it up.

It's very very sad to watch this car crash happen to a once proud party but the magic grandpa has run out of magic. How dont you see that?
    So your argument is basically "look, all this media owned by billionaires is saying terrible contradictory things about Corbyn so that must mean everybody hates him and he's finished".

Nope. That means a bunch of billionaires are terrified about having to actually pay tax on the enormous amounts of money they have, and they are using the MSM mouthpieces they own to try and fool people into believing lies to stop him getting elected. How much "magic" he still has with the voters won't be known until the actual results start to come in.

I also see Boris has avoided talking to much in the first week. His handlers clearly understand how much of a liability he will be if he starts rambling on about things in front of actual people. I wonder what excuse he is going to use to pull out of the leaders debates? Because I don't believe they will dare let him get involved with those.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    So your argument is basically "look, all this media owned by billionaires is saying terrible contradictory things about Corbyn so that must mean everybody hates him and he's finished".

Nope. That means a bunch of billionaires are terrified about having to actually pay tax on the enormous amounts of money they have, and they are using the MSM mouthpieces they own to try and fool people into believing lies to stop him getting elected. How much "magic" he still has with the voters won't be known until the actual results start to come in.
    It works/ed though.

*shrug*
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    It works/ed though.

*shrug*
    The more media companies are in the hands of the super rich, the more this will happen to anybody left of center.

Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    The more media companies are in the hands of the super rich, the more this will happen to anybody left of center.
    Yes, but will they wear a tie?
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    It works/ed though.

*shrug*
    Sad but true. They get to shout most and shout loudest. And it doesn’t seem to matter what they shout.

I don’t know how anyone can begin to fight that.

They can get caught lying. They can get caught being bigoted. They can get caught saying they don’t give a shit about the masses.

It just gets swept aside.

Where’s the fucking scandal that Boris just said ‘shit happens’ about the flooding? Where’s the commentary on the Tory spending plans that pretty much mirror the Labour ones?

Where’s the talk about Ken Clarke saying don’t vote Johnson?

It’s all so one sided. Even the supposedly left wing press is dragged into it.

This country is truly corrupted.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2019-11-09 at 11:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Sad but true. They get to shout most and shout loudest. And it doesn’t seem to matter what they shout.

I don’t know how anyone can begin to fight that.

They can get caught lying. They can get caught being bigoted. They can get caught saying they don’t give a shit about the masses.

It just gets swept aside.

Where’s the fucking scandal that Boris just said ‘shit happens’ about the flooding? Where’s the commentary on the Tory spending plans that pretty much mirror the Labour ones?

Where’s the talk about Ken Clarke saying don’t vote Johnson?

It’s all so one sided. Even the supposedly left wing press is dragged into it.

This country is truly corrupted.
    Just start investing in education again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    Just start investing in education again
    With this bunch of far right anti-intellectual lunatics leading in the polls? It suits them to keep people ignorant, this is why we are where we are. That's why their pathological lying goes unchallenged.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this rate Boris should be fired, the Brexit should be cancelled after recent reveals that the promise of millions of pounds extra was proven to be a lie.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    At this rate Boris should be fired, the Brexit should be cancelled after recent reveals that the promise of millions of pounds extra was proven to be a lie.
    I feel like this comment would be just as relevant 3 years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like this comment would be just as relevant 3 years ago.
    Well, it is true.

At this point, it is just a stress level for my family. At least thanks to the Brexit incompetence, my wife might have her papers secured in time before she loses her healthcare.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

In a sane time he'd been booted out when he lied to the Queen. But he fucks up, acts like a bastard, blocks a report that shows how much UK democracy is under attack, broke the law. It's not just that it goes unchallenged. It's that every time something like this is reported his approval rating goes up. It's almost as if half this country wants a strongman dictator to push us over a damn cliff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    In a sane time he'd been booted out when he lied to the Queen. But he fucks up, acts like a bastard, blocks a report that shows how much UK democracy is under attack, broke the law. It's not just that it goes unchallenged. It's that every time something like this is reported his approval rating goes up. It's almost as if half this country wants a strongman dictator to push us over a damn cliff.
    With his recent disrespect to the Queen, and to the EU board, I would've thought he was demanded to leave by now. We already know that the facts show false numbers for the Brexit choice yet they keep putting a new person at the helm and say, 'smile and wave, don't change the course'.

Just, as our family, we fall a bit stressed. Really sucks that my wife's brother and father have chosen to support Brexit when she is living abroad. Most of Boris' Brexit plans means that every brit abroad will lose their healthcare.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's really a significant blow against Labor. Worst results in a century in some key regions, just ouch.

Still this is the result you might have actually expected in 2017 had Theresa May not completely screwed it up. Seriously: Fox Hunting. Who in the fuck thought it was a good idea to include that in the manifesto....just what in the world.

With his recent disrespect to the Queen, and to the EU board, I would've thought he was demanded to leave by now.
    That's not how politics work in any real way.

I keep hearing this speech about how a political leader should act, especially in relation to Trump and Boris, but this whole idea doesn't hold much weight with the modern electorate.

The modern electorate is tired of political leaders that act as if they are above the rest, as if they are somehow special. It makes them look pretentious. Sure Boris can rightly be called a clown, but that's something most people can relate to at least.
    Last edited by CostinR; 2019-11-11 at 08:20 AM.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    The modern electorate is tired of political leaders that act as if they are above the rest, as if they are somehow special. It makes them look pretentious. Sure Boris can rightly be called a clown, but that's something most people can relate to at least.
    Are you telling the class that Trump isn't acting as if he was above the rest?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    You'd need to prove that majority in some way.
    You confuse what I said with being popular. Being able to relate to someone, or feeling they are well "real" is very very different then liked, which frankly I think "liked" is completely overrated at this stage. Arguing with me over this is a pointless affair. Clearly Boris has a certain magnetism, you can cry out about it, deny it, argue polls and all that. Won't change a thing.

Also where does a "majority" of people factor into this? Does Boris need a majority of voters to like him or even vote for him in order to gain a strong majority in Parliament? Did I mention the word "majority" in my previous post?

No.

Boris, like Trudeau, like Scott Morrison, simply needs for his party to get 40% of the vote. Then he wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Are you telling the class that Trump isn't acting as if he was above the rest?
    Trump is acting like WWE Rockstar. Always has.
    Last edited by CostinR; 2019-11-11 at 10:09 AM.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

With his recent disrespect to the Queen, and to the EU board, I would've thought he was demanded to leave by now. We already know that the facts show false numbers for the Brexit choice yet they keep putting a new person at the helm and say, 'smile and wave, don't change the course'.

Just, as our family, we fall a bit stressed. Really sucks that my wife's brother and father have chosen to support Brexit when she is living abroad. Most of Boris' Brexit plans means that every brit abroad will lose their healthcare.
    Like May, Boris exists to take the UK out of the EU and then he will be violently shoved upon the 'sword of infinite blame' while those with actual power go back to leading the party.

No one actually intelligent wants to be in charge of delivering Brexit because they know it will end their career. They want someone else to deliver it so they, and their wealthy donors can benefit from it financially.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Doesn't Scotland hold some of your nukes? Where'd you store them, or are you going to let Scotland keep them?
    There on sub's. We don't have standing silo's all our nukes are submarine deployed, the idea being that if the whole of the UK is irradiated we hae a sub always floating on patrol somewhere in the world that can pop up and launch revenge.

The subs currently use bases in Scotland for refit and maitinance when it's there down time in the rotation, but we have alot of naval bases up and down the UK that we could use. Tridant being in Scotland was as much a desision based on economic stimulus than anything else. Those bases in Scotland provide a very large number of jobs to those otherwise remote communities.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50377396

Tories likely just got handed the election.
    Yea I've resigned my self to bojo winning this easily when I looked at the polls a week ago. Even befor the announcement corbyn was in for a hell of a long up hill battle to win over the voters, he's incredibly unpopular in a lot of demographics, and add on that he needs to fend off the brexit party and libdems who are both really targeting and appealing to Labour seats....

Ahh Well, Que será, será. Out side of a sudden Jo Swinson surge stopping brexit through this GE was always basicly impossible with closet brexiteer corbyn In charge of Labour. I'm gonna keep stockpiling my tined food and preping for the worst, won't bother with this election.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2019-11-11 at 01:28 PM.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50377396

Tories likely just got handed the election.
    This is properly hilarious.

After Johnson has decided that he didnt want a deal, Farage has just decided that he is just going to do a deal with the Tories without the Tories being involved. What a shister.