Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Worst part his how they changed Chromie to a female. Chromie was a dude pretending to be a female Gnome. They changed that when people got upset.
    No, they didn't. She's always been female, they just gave her the wrong name.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    No, they didn't. She's always been female, they just gave her the wrong name.
    If I still had the WoW magazine, I swear it mentioned Chromie as a male who is more comfortable taking the form of a female Gnome, similar to Chromie dialogue in Vanilla in Andorhal.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wait... this stumped two adults to the point were one had to ask on forum? You could have put "chromie dragon" into google and had your answer in five seconds.

If I still had the WoW magazine, I swear it mentioned Chromie as a male who is more comfortable taking the form of a female Gnome, similar to Chromie dialogue in Vanilla in Andorhal.
    I looked up the Vanilla Andorhal conversation and there is nothing mentioning male or female, but I do believe that they intended Chromie to be a male dragon who likes a female gnome form because it seems slightly unlikely they misnamed Chromie when all the other dragons were not misnamed throughout WoW.

But this is her description in HotS, so they are aware of the discussion. I've seen it likened to like "Sam or Pat" working as female names, as well.

"At first glance, Chromie appears to be an ordinary gnome. In truth, she is Chronormu, Bronze Dragon and a master of time. When it comes to temporal manipulation, there's no problem she can't solve..with help from her future self, of course."

"Everyone calls me Chromie, but my real name is actually Chronormu...ugh, no, it is not a male name. You clearly don't understand the intricacies of dragon culture!"
    Last edited by CerealLord; 2019-11-10 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    bronze, you see her dragon form in the culling of stratholme.

also, her name is time-based. any dragon with a time-based name will be bronze. any dragon doing time-related stuff will be bronze, too. they're the masters of it, nightborne are the only other race to have managed to gain some mastery of it.
    The "time" basis has nothing to do with it, as outside of Chromie none of the other Bronze dragons have a name with any kind of temporal vocabulary.

@gaymer77 The easiest way to tell what kind of dragon it is is by the suffix of their name.

Red? -asz for male, -asza for female.
    Blue? -gos for male, -gosa for female.
    Green? -us/-ius for male, -era for female.
    Black? -ian/-ion for male, -ia for female.
    And last but not least...

Bronze? -ormu for male, -ormi for female.

(Interestingly, Chromie - real name Chronormu - is the exception in that Chromie has a male name and a female humanoid form. Fan canon suggests it means Chromie might be trans but no sane corporation on earth would have a trans character, sadly. You'd piss off literally half the planet due to religious motivations of those people.)
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    The "time" basis has nothing to do with it, as outside of Chromie none of the other Bronze dragons have a name with any kind of temporal vocabulary.
    anaCHRONOS, temporus(infinite, aka former bronze), eternos, there's several others.

you'll never see another dragonflight with time-based names outside bronze.

You see her as a bronze dragon in plenty of places in WoW, like the Culling of Stratholme, WoD, a daily on Mount Hyjal, the Well of Eternity instance, etc. The Chromie scenario in Legion was entirely about her being a bronze dragon, with almost every major NPC talking about her being a dragon. In Heroes of the Storm she has bronze dragon powers. Her real name is Chronormu.

All it takes is a quick read on a wiki article.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Chronormu
    Chronormu is a female bronze dragon often involved with mortal affairs.
    https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Chronormu
    Chronormu is a female bronze dragon.
    I googled "Chromie" to get those pages btw.

- - - Updated - - -

While the suffixes for dragons are fairly consistent, the bronze/infinite dragonflights are the only ones with any time related names.

Erozion - "erosion" - the wearing of surfaces over a long period of time.
    Sa'at - Sa'at means "hour" in many Middle Eastern languages such as Turkish, Arabic and Persian.
    Eternos - obviously eternity.
    Tick - like "tick-tock."
    Quite a few have "chron" in their names, like Chronormu, Chronalis, Anachronos, and others.
    Eiendormi - "eien" means "eternity" in Japanese.
    Aeonus, Chrono-Lord Epoch, and Temporus are Infinites.

Otherwise, like other dragons, some have names relating to other subjects, like colors and shapes.
    Occulus - an oculus is a round or eye-like opening or design.
    Penumbrius - penumbra is the partially shaded outer region of the shadow cast by an opaque object.

And others have random fantasy-sounding names with the Bronze suffix - Nozdormu, Soridormi, Zidormi, etc.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

@gaymer77 The easiest way to tell what kind of dragon it is is by the suffix of their name.

Red? -asz for male, -asza for female.
    Blue? -gos for male, -gosa for female.
    Green? -us/-ius for male, -era for female.
    Black? -ian/-ion for male, -ia for female.
    And last but not least...

Bronze? -ormu for male, -ormi for female.

(Interestingly, Chromie - real name Chronormu - is the exception in that Chromie has a male name and a female humanoid form. Fan canon suggests it means Chromie might be trans but no sane corporation on earth would have a trans character, sadly. You'd piss off literally half the planet due to religious motivations of those people.)
    There are exceptions to the rule, or the rule is broader, though, as we have Valithria, a female green dragon.
    Last edited by Chromell; 2019-11-12 at 12:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    last time I googled Chromie I found some kinky dragon stuff.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    Shes literally in dragon form in cavern of times stratholme and is obviously bronze, even if you didnt see her form since she time travels.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Eucep View Post
    Not to ignore that her dragon form has a male name going by naming conventions dragons use. So it is possible Chromie in natural form is male, but prefers a female form. But I think she prefers it due to being cute more then anything.
    Think one of the WoWInsider magazines covered this with basically something along the lines of "Chromie is female with a male name because reasons". So they goofed on her name but she is a she.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eucep View Post
    Not to ignore that her dragon form has a male name going by naming conventions dragons use. So it is possible Chromie in natural form is male, but prefers a female form. But I think she prefers it due to being cute more then anything.
    How do we know it's a male name by dragon naming conventions? Do we speak Draconic? What if her name is the Draconic equivalent of Sam or Pat?

Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    Ya she just picked the Gnome model because she liked it and she is Bronze. Dragons just use magic to create their humanoid form. She first showed up in Vanilla WoW offering quests to clean up the timewaves the scourge were attempting to alter it somehow with parasitic timeworms(or something). She got more spot light in Wrath with Dragonblight and culling of stratholme. Players liked her so she has been showing up ever since.
    As far as I can recall, she first shows up in the ruin giving quests in that Scourge invested town just outside east of Undercity.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    How do we know it's a male name by dragon naming conventions? Do we speak Draconic? What if her name is the Draconic equivalent of Sam or Pat?
    blizzard specifically told us for bronze dragons.

they also said that chromie was named before they really settled on that naming convention. she is a girl dragon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    Ya she just picked the Gnome model because she liked it and she is Bronze. Dragons just use magic to create their humanoid form. She first showed up in Vanilla WoW offering quests to clean up the timewaves the scourge were attempting to alter it somehow with parasitic timeworms(or something). She got more spot light in Wrath with Dragonblight and culling of stratholme. Players liked her so she has been showing up ever since.
    Aaah, the good days in vanilla, when everybody speculated on Chronormu's sex. Was all the rage - Was Chronormu a male dragon that identified as female, or a female dragon with a male dragon name?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    Blizz has told us the naming conventions for dragons. It's basically latinized, with a -ia, -a, ect added to the end of the name (I.E. Malygos, Sindragosa, Kalecgos, Tarecgosa, Alexstraza, Korialstraz. Ect)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

WTF is "WoW magazine"?
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    WTF is "WoW magazine"?
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/World_of_W...:_The_Magazine

Another question that could be solved with a quick google
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    My boyfriend and I were just talking about this and we're stumped about this bit of knowledge. First off, we feel Chromie is the ONLY good ALIVE gnome in the game. We don't think its ever been address but want to know what clan of dragon is Chromie? I was thinking she might be a Bronze Dragonflight since she's a time traveler but I don't know. Bonus points to anyone who can provide what she looks like in dragon form too!
    she is a bronze dragon lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    There's not that much lore on the bronze dragonflight compared to the others. All we know is that we're in for a blast anytime they or Chromie make an appearance.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    There's not that much lore on the bronze dragonflight compared to the others. All we know is that we're in for a blast anytime they or Chromie make an appearance.
    That's why he & I both think Chromie is the only good alive gnome in the game. We enjoy everything when she's involved with tremendously. We are of the belief that all other gnomes deserve to be punted lol