Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Sfidt, what exactly was the support for Diablo 2, outside few updates and the expansion in which you need to pay for it ? Does it have regularly new contents or even slight new contents ? The answer is obviously NO.
    Warcraft 3 is a strategy and the patches outside of the expansion doesn`t require much work you know ? Also there was a lot of tournaments and big money involved in WC3 ......

Lets be real if you want the game supported you have to pay for it.
    I`m playing ESO right now if i want to play extra content, that the game offer in the DLC i have to pay for it, its that simply. If i want regular content and support for the game for years to come i have to pay. Its that simply.

The guy above me said it. If you want an extra something of anything, you have to paid for it, its not going to come for free, just because you already buy 1.

We already knew this since the devs were pretty transparent in BlizzCon. They said there will be paid content in form of game+expansions, and a cash shop which does NOT sell power. Sounds perfect to me as the game will live longer with this monetization plan. Imagine if they said there will be no cash shop and a one time fee. The game wouldn’t live very long.

Why not let the people who WANT to spend loads of money on cosmetics do so, when that means that the developers gets more funds to improve the game YOU are playing, which you only paid for once?

Quote Originally Posted by lordlosh View Post
    Gamers of today are spoiled kids, that think just because you give 60$ to a game, the company needs to give you servers to play the game with other players and they are obligates to you to give you content regularly.
    To me this is pathetic type of thinking.
    If you don`t like the MTX, don`t buy it, no one tells you to do, as no one tells you to play that game, you can jump on another.

Most games of today are in the region of 40-60$, and most of them just give you a campaign and a single player experience. And that`s it. No more and no less. If you like it you will buy it.

Games like Diablo 4 will give a huge campaign, a huge huge world to explore in a MULTIPLAYER on a big server with a lot of other players. It will give you plenty of items and contents, as well as end game replayability by highest level. Its gives you MMO content, World Bosses etc.
    This is for the price in the region of 60$. Even if we stop here games like Diablo gives you more compare to the others regular games. And games like Diablo also offer you a future expansion of this game, which mean you can fell inlove with the franchise and be your main game for many, many years to come.
    No one is obligated to anyone to support the game after its first release. If you want the game to be supported, you either going to pay for every new content that`s comes out, either have MTX and give money on good will and get something in exchange and support the game or obviously pay monthly fee.

When POE comes out, the DEVS needs the game to be free, otherwise no one would buy it at that time, cause no one really knows much about GGG and about POE. Also POE nowadays are way different than POE at the starts.

If we want the game to be supported and have big lifespan like POE for example, i gladly will pay 60$ for the game, and either pay monthly fee or buy MTX Supporter Packs to future support the game and get new content regularly.

Even the DEVS tells you that back in the Diablo 3 time. They said D3 is not a MMORPG and they cant support it like WoW, because obviously doesn't give money back.

What i want is a BIG, BIG game, Open World was the best thing a game to Evolve, and every game and genre needs to evolve so to stay alive and interesting, plenty of End Games, plenty of different things to do and plenty of regular contents to come.
    What the fuck. No new content will come for free. It will come in expansions which also cost nearly as much as the base game, or in the case of wow even more because boosts down your throat.
    As for diablo, no one asked for it to be online only if server upkeep is even costly which is not. It's their own doing to be able to shove more crap like real money ah and now cash shops.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mmid View Post
    We already knew this since the devs were pretty transparent in BlizzCon. They said there will be paid content in form of game+expansions, and a cash shop which does NOT sell power. Sounds perfect to me as the game will live longer with this monetization plan. Imagine if they said there will be no cash shop and a one time fee. The game wouldn’t live very long.

Why not let the people who WANT to spend loads of money on cosmetics do so, when that means that the developers gets more funds to improve the game YOU are playing, which you only paid for once?
    Because they ARE NOT. The only improvement will come in the form of an expansion. Why not let people acquire the cosmetics by playing the fucking game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    What restaurants do you go to where wine and dessert is free? Let me know cause I'd love to go there.
    The wine and the dessert in this case would the expansions. A better comparison will be you having to pay more money to eat with a fork and a spoon. If not you eat with your hands.
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

Firedemon, is it that hard to get it? Okay i will ask again, because you obviously read through the lines. What exactly you will do between the base game and the expansion or you expect big expansion every 3 months?
    We can get a big expansion in a year or 2 if we are lucky. Explain to me in what state the game will be, between that time ?
    We already see this plan is not working with Diablo 3.
    POE shows the right way and that if you want the game alive you need to give regularly updates. Just like how they do every 3 months new minor or not so expansion.
    And for that you will have to have MTX or paid for this mini expansion. In POE people pay by buying Supporter Packs. I don`t see why in Diablo should be any different, and even worth more.
    And what exactly is your problem with the MTX? If you don`t like them, don`t pay for them. This is not a P2W mode.
    And yeah you actually have to support the servers and paid for them, no matter what the prices are, its still a - from their money. For example if you play on Console you have to paid every month so you can play Online. You get it now ?
    Last edited by lordlosh; 2019-11-10 at 08:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    The wine and the dessert in this case would the expansions. A better comparison will be you having to pay more money to eat with a fork and a spoon. If not you eat with your hands.
    Except not in any way at all, because cutlery is a basic expectation, and nothing in these microtransactions would be considered such. They're bonus cosmetic options.

It's more like paying extra if you want the mariachi band to serenade you and your date. Your date and meal is just fine without it if you don't want to spend the money.

And when you paid for this example you will get the content which are in them. But still they don`t need to support between the release of the base game till the expansion, you get that? In orders to get this regular updates and new content, they need to earn money from us, so they can get something in change for their support, otherwise what will they win by supporting game, except for the money they will waste? They also have server to maintain.

The only way for them to support the game between the base game and the so call expansion is by either MTX, monthly fee or charge for every new content they put out, like 5$ for every new minor example(In POE loves to call them like that).
    If you think that revenue from the base game and expansions won't cover the server costs and adding new legendaries and some tweaks for a season when Diablo 3 is already one of the best selling PC games of all time despite its rather mixed reception I've got a bridge to sell you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Don't care. But I guess the usual crowd of people looking for things to dislike in games have something to latch onto now.

7+ Year Old Account
    I bet the game will have a "read map" too.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Both are free in any sane place that offer then included in the price of a dinner. Worked at restaurant and it would be madness to have people pay extra for a piece of cake or glass of wine.
    But cosmetic MTX are not free so the water example is not valid.

Not sure what restaurant worked at but I have never been given alcohol or dessert as part of my meal. Always been extra.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Why only attack gameing companies for "greed". Do you think Apple, Amazon, Google, Coca Cola, Microsoft, Lucasfilm, Disney..hell...add any company in here do anything out of the goodness of their heart and are your friends?

Sure, this is mainly a gaming forum, but one would think if you can apply your ethics to games, you better apply them to your every day life..and hell...how do you guys get through your day without raging and crying at every street orner?
    Not sure what any of those other companies have to do with microtransactions in video games, but sure I'll bite your spurious argument.

I do not buy products from any of them.

And yes, all the food I buy is local or from restaurants that source locally. I'm lucky enough to be born in a location, time, and have a career that allows me to do that. So I do.

The world is a shitty place, and I work very hard to make it just a little less shitty.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

10+ Year Old Account
    well D3 really f8cked my love for diablo in general, d4 seemed a move to right direction but my tinfoil hat theory says that they only gave a f8ck about d4 to make immortals more shiny for ppl to buy
    i wonder when they will just take money and give nothing
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    If you think that revenue from the base game and expansions won't cover the server costs and adding new legendaries and some tweaks for a season when Diablo 3 is already one of the best selling PC games of all time despite its rather mixed reception I've got a bridge to sell you.
    You obviously don`t understand. They sell you a game, they give you a bonus to play for free on their server, which they paid for it. It doesn`t matter how much money they have make. Blizzard is a big company for a reason and a big company to make money. They paid salary on their employees, they also paid taxes, and the people who are on top need to make PROFIT. No one said how much profit is enough.
    They don`t sell you a game 10 time more expensive compare to the rest games out there, right ?

And again we are talking about regularly content, not just add 1,2 or 3 new legendaries, but new content, new end game modes and so on, every 3 months or so, just like POE is doing. But for that you have to paid, it won`t came for free obviously.

Let me give you a example:
    I sell you a bike. But you need new tires, pedals and etc, of course i`m going to charge you for them. Its not my responsibility to give them for free.

And again Expansions is completely different thing than regularly content and upgrades, like POE receive every 3 months for example. And they add new support packs every 3 months or so. As well as new stuffs so they can sell their stashes and other cosmetics effects.

This is the right model or to simply release a minor expansion every 3 months or so and to charge you for that. Again what it is better, to choice whether to spend on Support/Cosmetics/ETC or to be obligated to paid for it if you want to play the new content.

You obviously don`t understand. They sell you a game, they give you a bonus to play for free on their server, which they paid for it.
    Thats fine then because I dont want their server, just tell them I want to play it offline.

They will go all out PoE monetization on D4. The only difference being that they'll also slap a 60 bucks box price on it because that's just what Blizzard does.

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    So you're one of the people who don't understand that fun games make long-lasting impressions that continue making more sales over time before MTXs existed.

Again, all the D2 fanboys will read your stupid and I'll let them deal with you. Those of us how REALLY understand economics (in regards to selling to humans, not logic-based robots) will just sit by and eat popcorn and watch you learn your lesson or not. ^_^
    Alright, you can be wrong all you want, I just hope your wrong attitude only reaches certain companies, ie the ones making single player games - where the stupid idea of "no updates after launch unless paid for is fine" makes sense.

You clearly don't understand how this works, so hopefully the companies that do don't think your opinion matters. Also, nobody who read my post and isn't an idiot is gonna reply with anything negative, because all I said was that D2 got few updates, which is just literally a fact. But I don't expect you to comprehend or even read this part of the post anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Thats fine then because I dont want their server, just tell them I want to play it offline.
    Thats fine you not like the game you not buy it. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zandalarian Paladin View Post
    Cosmetics are kinda important in Diablo IMO.

Idk how I feel about it. I understand why, but I'm not sure if it's ok. I guess that so long that the transmog doesn't have some very sick things compared to what's available in-game, it's fine.

uhh, what? cosmetics mean jack shit for diablo. This isn't Wow. you can choose to play the game entirely solo if you wish.

Thats fine you not like the game you not buy it. Simple as that.
    How did you figure out I am not liking the game.

It's for cosmetics so I don't give a shit.

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    You do realize that cosmetics in PoE make that game have a constant supply of new content every 3 months, right?

While I understand PoE is FREE, the question is... do you want regular content for D4, or are you happy with very little? As far as I'm concerned if we get more content and the cost is optional cosmetics, who the fuck cares? Hopefully they have a good amount of cool looking sets, though, and we don't all look like total garbage as a way to entice people to buy them.

Fact is, paying for D4 and not having to pay for any cosmetics, while gaining the benefit of a steady supply of updates far outweighs what happened to D3. So accept it or move on.
    D3 is one of top selling games ever.They made tons of money and provided crap support for it.Also scrapping expansion...PoE is free and some people buy cosmetics.I wouldn't imagine thats a high % of people who buy them.But they still keep making new content and updating it.So you are telling me company like blizz after selling full priced game and expansions still need money??Like really?