Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    I’m nit being spiteful. I read nearly half the pages in this goddamn thread and it seems to me that it’s been discussed to death and blizzard will not even do it.

This is why i think the energy and thoughts of posters should go elsewhere.
    Did you use to tell that to the people asking for vanilla servers?

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if the soldiers at Allerian Stronghold joined Alleria out of loyalty (I mean, they literally named their stronghold after her). They will most likely become Void elves if Alleria finds a way to replicate the transformation.
    The question I have is whether or not the second generation of void elves will even have the side effects of the transformation. Who knows? They may fully master the void.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    Don't you ultimately think that's a waste of an allied race slot though? We'd have 3 races that use the exact same rig/model/etc.
    I'd be ok with the same treatment Wildhammer Dwarves got. Throwing the options onto Void Elves.

People are overjoyed that Wildhammer are coming, why? Because 1) Alliance 2) Blue tattoos.

That's essentially a Wildhammer Dwarf. I believe a Blizzard developer even explicitly said, "now you can look like Falstad Wildhammer."

Imagine if they introduced a Wildhammer Dwarf but it was on Horde. People would "be a Karen" just as some suggest people wanting High Elves are being here.

A "High Elf" is like Alleria (who Ion even referenced as one) who is an Alliance leader. So until Alliance players "can look like Alleria Windrunner" I think the High Elf request will keep continuing.

The faction is just as important as the look.

Imagine if they'd add Ogres to Alliance instead of Horde, you know Ogre fanatics would complain. Anyone trying to downplay the request by saying "wow what a bunch of whinos" is just looking stupid.

It's not about the race itself, it's all that thematics that encompass a particular look. You can put Blue Eyes on a Blood Elf but it's never gonna be able to wear Alliance Stromgarde Armor, get rep with the Silver Covenant, chill in Stormwind, unlock a slew of gryphons, and ride the Quel'dorei Steed, etc etc. It's just gonna be a Blue Eyed Blood Elf.

This is also why Void Elves fail. They're Thalassians on Alliance sure, but they don't carry the essence of what a High Elf is neither by looks nor lore. It would be like telling someone who wants to play Mag'har to play a Green Orc and RP it. That's stupid. And with Blizzard adding Wildhammers after saying "it's possible", well something else they've said recently with High Elves is "anything's possible" and Afrasiabi restating "it's always possible". Just means gotta keep asking.

- - - Updated - - -

If they did cave in and gave that allied race slot to another elf race then I'd be mad that they wasted a slot on little more than customization options.
    Just look to how they handled it with Wildhammer Dwarves. Tacked onto Bronzebeards. If you're "worried over a wasted slot" then they would most likely tack it onto Void Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by LostSinclair View Post
    Sorry I wasn't that clear but the rumors go along the lines of lore wise a select few of opposing faction races break away and join the other faction.(I'm kinda hoping it's true since most go horde for the superior racial abilities wise and the alliance raiding scene is... well, not to great anymore) I don't blame you for wanting a separate race, but since that idea keeps getting shot down or ignored by blizzard I wondered how many would take what they could get if this ended up happening.
    Well, it would be a complicated but interesting idea to see, especially for the races of the alliance, since they have been loyal to their faction (and many of those races hate the horde to death).
    Anyway. I wouldn't mind seeing that kind of cross between factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Garfurion View Post
    That is pure head-canon. The Sunwell didn't cause the transformation from Night Elf to High Elf. Being cut-off from the Well of Eternity did that!

Originally Posted by Warcraft Encyclopedia (which is still canon)

Gradually the exiled Highborne developed striking differences from the night elves. Cut off from the new Well of Eternity, they diminished in height, and their skin lost its characteristic violet hue. In addition, the elves lost their resistance to injury and illness, and they became mortal. Many of the elves died from exposure or starvation during their long journey. In addition to these hardships, the elves were forced to flee the site of their first settlement, Tirisfal Glades, due to a mysterious evil influence that drove many of their number mad.

As they pressed further inland, the elves developed a blood feud with the cunning forest trolls of Zul'Aman, who controlled most of the northern reaches of Lordaeron. Finally the exiled elves reached a region whose forestland reminded them of their distant homeland in Kalimdor. They drove out the resident Amani trolls, founded the kingdom of Quel'Thalas, and began calling themselves high elves. They also crowned Dath'Remar as their first monarch.

In spite of the hardship they had endured, the high elves remained determined to continue their spellcasting, for they had come to consider arcane power their birthright. Using a vial of sacred water stolen from the first Well of Eternity, they created a fount of mystical power at a convergence of powerful ley energies in Quel'Thalas. They named this fountain the Sunwell. Although it was weaker by far than the first Well of Eternity, the Sunwell's potent arcane magic fed and strengthened the high elves.

Fact is that the High Elven Archer & Ranger in Warcraft 2 didn't have blue eyes.
    Fact is that the High Elf Sorceress unit from Warcraft 3 didn't have glowing blue eyes.
    Fact is that in Warbringer Sylvanas we see plenty of High Elves without blue eyes.
    In Wc3 reforged all High elves have blue eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Manariel View Post
    It doesn't change the fact that Alliance zones are mostly unfinished, with reused assets when Blizzard takes a lot more care in crafting Horde zones. And for all the Horde players whine about their leadership going evil... they've lost two characters because of it, Garrosh and Sylvanas. Thrall's still here and he'll be the Orc racial leaders again, that's obvious, and the Forsaken will probably have Voss or the Desolate Council. The only race which was truly shafted was the Darkspears, with Vol'jin never being allowed to do anything as Warchief, and BGA positioned Rokhan has his successor.
    Cairne Bloodhoof.

Desolate Council is also primarily dismantled in the events of Before the Storm, in which its defacto leadership died.

Shadowmoon Valley (WoD) felt loads better than Frostfire Ridge did. The Alliance experience in Jade Forest also feels better imo.

I really hate the troll aesthetic, so I liked Kul Tiras zones better in BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    Spin it? There is nothing that anybody has to spin at all.

It's simple, High elves, they are not playable, they are in the Alliance, ergo... Just like that.

And I can just enumerate that racials, visuals (more than eye color), classes. voicelines, etc... So yeah, so much 'just eye color'. Oh, and FACTION. Yeah, just eye color...

In fact, is so much 'just eye color' that given the recent announcements that Blood elves are going to get 40 new customization options, people are thinking that it can mean blue eyes, and even if that ends up being the case, the High elves will still be asked for. Yeah, so much 'just eye color'...

Would not be nice to bring something to the conversation than just some spiteful and half-assed comment to shit on others? Yeah, I hope that sinks in
    wow.....not very helpful

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    I would be totally fine with blonde void shades for void elf hair. Really
    Same here. We've seen high elves interacting with void elves, so a void elf that can made to look like a high elf (fair skin/hair, normal-esque blue eyes) would suffice for me.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

it is stupid and shallow and doesn't add anything to the quality of the game. That was my opinion from the start.

and I don't get why you quote me like you just caught a mouse xD you didn't prove anything.

- - - Updated - - -

telling people this thread is a waste of time? just felt like writing it so some sane people would give up on this thread and write something useful for a change.
    What they're asking for (or demanding depending on who you talk to) is a boring option that already is playable in void elves and blood elves. It's not likely to ever happen, but they're free to spend time on it if they want.
    If their dreams get crushed...well you tried your best.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, you're never gonna get it
    Never ever gonna get it
    Never ever gonna get it

Never ever gonna get it
    Never ever gonna get it. o/`

But seriously....
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

5+ Year Old Account
    it is stupid and shallow and doesn't add anything to the quality of the game. That was my opinion from the start.

and I don't get why you quote me like you just caught a mouse xD you didn't prove anything.
    Oh wait, so you post spiteful comments, then get pointed out as someone who comes here spouting spiteful comments, then DENY IT right to my face, and then when I QUOTE the spiteful commentary you just deny... You get bothered by it? Bothered? Are you serious?

And you even repeat the commentary that was spiteful in the first place. If you have read so much of this thread, coming out with such commentary can only denote a lack of comprehension or a shameless dishonesty from your part, try to get it right.

And please, stop telling people what they have to do, you are nobody's boss. Gotcha?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Starla View Post
    What they're asking for (or demanding depending on who you talk to) is a boring option that already is playable in void elves and blood elves. It's not likely to ever happen, but they're free to spend time on it if they want.
    If their dreams get crushed...well you tried your best.
    Ah yes, so "boring" that it's very much desired by both Alliance players and Horde players. Yeah, instead we should be asking for "exciting options" like diaper gnomes

To me, it'll always be strange that people that want Blue Eyes on Blood Elves call the High Elf request boring.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully, Blood Elves will get blue eyes customization in 9.0
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bdlovelace View Post
    no one buys this and you can tell from developments comments they dont either. its about getting pixels without having to play the faction they belong to and cant stand. because they literally have a couple portal keepers they feel entitled to a horde race without playing the horde. not going to happen
    https://imgur.com/a/Txczvo6

I thought we already went over this.

Really, it just denotes a great quantity of dishonesty.

And I don't want to call it ignorance since it has been so much time that anybody that have spent any time on any thread should already know.

Well, I think it's pretty clear, right?

Quote Originally Posted by bdlovelace View Post
    no one buys this and you can tell from developments comments they dont either. its about getting pixels without having to play the faction they belong to and cant stand. because they literally have a couple portal keepers they feel entitled to a horde race without playing the horde. not going to happen
    So true, this. Ion really has made it clear to anyone who was paying attention. But what can anyone do when there are people who play this game and ask for things that they want regardless of how futile it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Hopefully, Blood Elves will get blue eyes customization in 9.0
    We've been asking for this for years, hoping for this too. Although it's a separate issue than the alliance players asking for high elves.

i think the new customization options for blood elves in shadowlands are the final test for thalassian elves in general.

the test for whether or not blizzard cares anything at all about the race as more than "here's your humans on horde" or not. if they throw out 20+ years of established identity to give them dark skin, or other human facial traits, you can kiss goodbye any hope that they will ever do the right thing on any high elf related issue.

i legitimately think this will actually drive me away from the game if they do it. not because i don't want dark skinned elves, i played drow in neverwinter online. but because it'll just be a display of them breaking canon because they don't see the inclusion of blood elves as anything but giving horde a human-ish race to balance population. it will boil the race down to being nothing more than a cosmetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post

I thought we already went over this.

Really, it just denotes a great quantity of dishonesty.

And I don't want to call it ignorance since it has been so much time that anybody that have spent any time on any thread should already know.

Well, I think it's pretty clear, right?
    Uh... Silver covenant is obvious to have high elves since it's a militant faction of high elves.
    You'll be finding them on alliance, kirin tor offensive, kirin tor, silver covenant and silver enclave that is a group of high elves opposing the inclusion of the blood elves into kirin tor.

As i said once, they are most likely to stay NPC's not been given as player new race on alliance. I doubt that quite frankly, that if they didn't do it til now, they won't give later either, cause they even gave void elves as an option.

Wow ain't tolkien fantasy. We have blood elves the most, that's period and it's lore.
    Last edited by Shakana; 2019-11-11 at 02:58 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    Uh... Silver covenant is obvious to have high elves since it's a militant faction of high elves.
    You'll be finding them on alliance, kirin tor offensive, kirin tor, silver covenant and silver enclave that is a group of high elves opposing the inclusion of the blood elves into kirin tor.

As i said once, they are most likely to stay NPC's not been given as player new race on alliance. I doubt that quite frankly, that if they didn't do it til now, they won't give later either, cause they even gave void elves as an option.

Wow ain't tolkien fantasy. We have blood elves the most, that's period and it's lore.
    There is not a factual motive or holy aura that surrounds them into not becoming a playable option for the Alliance.

And yes, this isn't Tolkien fantasy, but High elves are on the Alliance. I mean... It doesn't matter, what is being asked for is not an invent, it's something that currently exist and if it didn't existed in the first place the request would have not exploded like this since the inception of Allied Races.

People wanting high elves so bad and not accepting the blood elves and void elves as an option in game for me has only this reasons:

1. You don't like horde and want to have blood elves on the alliance but you can't so you go back to High Elves cause are the pretty that alliance could have
    2. You want paladins to be blue eyed elven on alliance and look amazing but you can't once again
    3. You always imagine tolkien fantasy into wow and get disappointed you get a void elf edgy race instead of the existent one

All fine but you have to accept that it is what it is.

I'm at horde and i also love nelf druid forms, but i need to do a cow or a troll instead of a cute elf and cute druid form to be a cute kitty with tattos of the elune.
    But guess what, they are alliance. And the nightborne can't even be druids.

Just accept the damn blood elves over high elves already.

1.) We don't need more elves
    But I thought they were the same as Blood Elves anyway? Then we're not adding more Elves, we're just making them neutral