Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    See this is where you pretend like cosmetics mean nothing in RPGs like diablo.

Forget unlocking that cool angel wing set in game by doing challenges. That comes with the deluxe pre order.

They take content and lock it behind a credit card. Who cares its only cosmetic! Character growth represented by armor means nothing! Right?
    Yeah cosmetics mtxs mean nothing. Do you seriously think they are going to make every armor in the game look like complete shit compared to the cosmetics? Also who says the cosmetics will be armor? It could be wings or a Non-Combat pet that follows you around. Im not stupid enough to think there wont be armor cosmetics but, it wont compare to the legendary armor pieces/full set pieces that you have to get while playing the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    Yeah bcs wal-mart or Amazon are great companys who treat their employees good and care for them, oh wait a minute...
    I'll thank you to go back through any of my posts and see where I said Blizzard was a great company who never put their profits ahead of customer experience. Because I've never said anything of the sort.

I'm making the point that what people are really saying about all this is they don't like what Blizzard is doing, but they're still going to buy Diablo 4 and bitch about it the whole time.

Just don't buy it. If microtransactions bother you, stop buying games that contain them. Spend your money elsewhere. If a lot of people agree, it'll make enough impact that developers will move away from microtransaction models. If most people don't give a shit, you're the vocal minority and your interests really do not matter, because a much larger number of customers do like them and will pay for them.

There's a weird position these days where, rather than take ownership of making your own informed decisions, people feel the need to buy the newest video game/go to the latest movie, and hate-fuck the shit out of it. They'll pre-order or pre-book tickets for that, while bitching about how awful it is for months until release. And then they'll go see it opening night/play it for 15 hours on launch day, and go on a ranting tirade about how bullshit it is.

Stop doing that. If you're buying this stuff, you're supporting it. If you're not, then you're not having to experience it, and don't have much grounds for complaint.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I dont think people realize a big part of the problem is most of these arent micro anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

God of war
    God Of War didn't make any profit , Sony made the game to sell more consoles.
    I don't like MTX , but you have to accept that any games with content updates needs MTX to survive. It's greedy but it is what it is.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    No issues with that if it's just cosmetics.

When it comes to gear making your character stronger though that's a huge no no.
    That only really matters in online competitive games imo.

What's far worse is if they decide to sell features and convenience items through MTX. That shit is not OK in a game you have to buy to play.
    I'm talking about thing like bag/bank slots, character slots, endless-use items that are normally limited-use in-game etc. Lots of game devs these days tend to lump these in with "cosmetic" MTX as well and that shit is not acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Blame shareholders ect ect blah blah.

If it’s just for cosmetic items than no problem but if it’s for items than a big fat nooooo.
    It’s all fine and shit till you’re “poor shamed” by the whale you happened to lobby with

"A fool and his money are soon parted."

Fortunately for Blizzard, the gaming market is full of fools.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I'll thank you to go back through any of my posts and see where I said Blizzard was a great company who never put their profits ahead of customer experience. Because I've never said anything of the sort.

I'm making the point that what people are really saying about all this is they don't like what Blizzard is doing, but they're still going to buy Diablo 4 and bitch about it the whole time.

Just don't buy it. If microtransactions bother you, stop buying games that contain them. Spend your money elsewhere. If a lot of people agree, it'll make enough impact that developers will move away from microtransaction models. If most people don't give a shit, you're the vocal minority and your interests really do not matter, because a much larger number of customers do like them and will pay for them.

There's a weird position these days where, rather than take ownership of making your own informed decisions, people feel the need to buy the newest video game/go to the latest movie, and hate-fuck the shit out of it. They'll pre-order or pre-book tickets for that, while bitching about how awful it is for months until release. And then they'll go see it opening night/play it for 15 hours on launch day, and go on a ranting tirade about how bullshit it is.

Stop doing that. If you're buying this stuff, you're supporting it. If you're not, then you're not having to experience it, and don't have much grounds for complaint.
    So saying that companys should be decent is bad now hm?

Saying that they shouldn´t add something bcs we have succesfull examples how it can be done without that shit is bad now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lordlosh View Post
    I will said it for last time:

Most games comes in 60$. Most games are single played, you have a campaign and that all comes to end and you move on.
    Base Diablo cost the same offers you multiplayer, offers you server for free, offers you plenty of big world, big campaign, a lot of end game contents and even PVP.
    And also offer you a future game of the franchise.
    If we stop right there its already offer you more than 80% of the games that are on the market.

The Devs job is done. If you want continually support, more content, balancing stuff, new items and so on you have to paid for them in some way.
    Expansion is a complete other thing.
    Do you honestly believe we had none of those things before MTX became a thing? lol

Developers and publishers want their product to sell. The way to keep selling things after the initial launch is to keep the product in the news cycle as well as keeping your fanbase happy and letting them spread the word. The key to both of those things is to keep supporting your product with some content and updates to fix issues. That is how it's been done and how it still is done by those who've managed to keep away from the greedy paws of the MTX virus. See Borderlands 3 for a recent example: There isn't a thing you can spend money on in-game even if you'd want to, and there's still been continuous balance updates and bug fixes as well as new content. Isn't it funny how that works even without MTX?

MTX in any way, shape, or form is not a financial requirement for any developer unless the game is free to play.

Go tell that to every big ARPG out there, everyone use paid model.
    POE, Warhammer Chaosbane, Wolcen, Last Epoch, Lost Ark, should i continue ?
    Every MMORPG a game with a lot and regularly contents use paid method. There is a reason for it.
    Just like there is a reason why you have to pay monthly sub to use PSN on your PS4.

And again you can`t compare Blizzard with small companies likes mentioned above. Blizzard has way more employees, and probably paid higher salary, as well as they invest more into the game, and their bosses obviously will want higher profit. This is how the world work. You invest more and expect to gain more. If a product stop earning you a money, you just move to the next product and will stop support the old one. You get it now ?

I never play Borderlands so i cant say anything about this game, but i can said for Apex Legends, plenty of MTX in it. Still you can play the game without it.

MTX does not interfere into your gameplay, and doesn`t give power boost.

And Again you read between the lines. 80% of the game on the market are release base game and that`s it, they move and develop next game.

Plenty of people including me explain it more than enough.
    You obviously don`t want to understand and see only your point of view, which is obviously not right, with the plenty of example we gave.

If you want quality regularly content you have to paid for it. Just because you paid for a breakfast, it doesn`t mean your won`t have to paid for the lunch.
    Last edited by lordlosh; 2019-11-10 at 11:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go tell that to every big ARPG out there, everyone use paid model.
    POE, Warhammer Chaosbane, Wolcen, Last Epoch, Lost Ark, should i continue ?
    I don't know what you're trying to say here? PoE is free to play with MTX funding, Wolcen is buy to play with no MTX as far as I know. Never heard about the other examples so idk.

And again you can`t compare Blizzard with this companies. Blizzard has way more employees, and probably paid higher salary, as well as they invest more into the game, and their bosses obviously will want higher profit. This is how the world work. You invest more and expect to gain more.
    Blizzard also sells way more copies of their products, that's what funds the company. Bosses want higher pay? Why would I care about that? And more importantly, why would I care about a system that would enable said bosses to get a higher profit?

I never play Borderlands so i cant say anything about this game, but i can said for Apex Legends, plenty of MTX in it. Still you can play the game without it.

MTX does not interfere into your gameplay, and doesn`t give power boost.
    Haven't played Apex Legends so I can't speak to its MTX implementation.

And Again you read between the lines. 80% of the game on the market are release base game and that`s it, they move and develop next game.
    Practically no one but tiny Indie devs with very limited resources does that anymore. It's way more profitable to keep adding to your game after release so you can grow your fanbase and get mentioned more often in gaming news media, both of which lead to more people finding your product and buying it which leads to higher sales.

Plenty of people including me explain it more than enough.
    You obviously don`t want to understand and see only your point of view, which is obviously not right, with the plenty of example we gave.

If you want quality regularly content you have to paid for it. Just because you paid for a breakfast, it doesn`t mean your won`t have to paid for the lunch.
    I have no problems seeing your point of view. It's just that's it's wrong. The concept of "MTX pays for future updates and the developers keeping the game alive" is just simply wrong. There have been and currently are loads of games by both big and small developers with a healthy playerbase and constant updates even though they have no MTX whatsoever. MTX is just the cherry on top for the developer/publisher and apparently they've done a great job brainwashing people over the past few years into thinking MTX is somehow required for video game development.

7+ Year Old Account
    How exactly? Its make the game harder for you ?

You firstly don`t know what items the game will offer and how they will look on your character, but you pretend to know and say the items will be ugly as *****, and the only good looking items will be on MTX, which is ridiculous statement, but then if we remove the MTX thing, the base items will still be ugly right ? Then just don`t buy the base game, and let me and the other people that like MTX to play the game and paid extra to get this "cool looking" MTX items.

So how they exactly mess in your gameplay? But not having an option an MTX is cutting people options. I want to have it and i want the game to have future support.
    Plenty of people above me explain it more than perfect.

I will said it for last time:

Most games comes in 60$. Most games are single played, you have a campaign and that all comes to end and you move on.
    Base Diablo cost the same offers you multiplayer, offers you server for free, offers you plenty of big world, big campaign, a lot of end game contents and even PVP.
    And also offer you a future game of the franchise.
    If we stop right there its already offer you more than 80% of the games that are on the market.

The Devs job is done. If you want continually support, more content, balancing stuff, new items and so on you have to paid for them in some way.
    Expansion is a complete other thing.

I hope people get it now.
    For a game i will probably play for years to come and that will give me plenty of joy and interesting stuff i have no problem paying even monthly fee in the region of 10$.
    And i`m not some rich guy, but 10$ monthly is nothing for a game that gives you plenty of excitement.
    So let us people who like to support the game have that option and regularly support the game and people like you, who don`t want to spend even 1$ more, will benefits from that, simply because will get for free regularly updates.
    I hope you get it now.
    They will make the good looking gear take way more time to get then it maybe would have with no cash shop. It's to push people that want to look good now to buy. So yes cash shops always make the game worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swisted View Post
    How does somebody spending real money for a cosmetic item, affect your gameplay?
    They will make the game way more grindy then it needs to be to push people that want to look cool into the cash shop.

- - - Updated - - -

If you want continually support
    I don't want that. Buying expansions every now and then is fine with me.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    What restaurants do you go to where wine and dessert is free? Let me know cause I'd love to go there.
    Barcelona in Spain. Restaurant in Seers Hotel, 4 stars. Yes, the restaurant was open for anyone and not only guests. The price of a dinner was actually fixed each day and menu changed from day to day but ALWAYS included apetizer, primary meal, dessert/secondary meal, and cup of wine, either red or white.

Sure, if you wanted entire bootle of wine or some other drink you needed to pay for it but everything written above was the same fixed price each day.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    "because they all do" is a garbage reason.

You and I both know that the ONLY reason games have microtransactions is greed, pure and simple.
    At the end of the day, you are picking your poison. You don't need to play or support any of these conpanies that have microtransactions. At the same time, very few of these are mandatory to play. You are choosing to not support on the basis of viewing this as pure greed. Yet capitalism in general is about pure greed. You simply choose to make your stand here where you believe it matters, and thats fine. But greed is inescapable if you live in this world, and when it comes to non-mandatory and optional stuff... I don't see it as a problem. What other people pay is going towards more content for those who do not. Thats why the F2P system works the way it does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Barcelona in Spain. Restaurant in Seers Hotel, 4 stars. Yes, the restaurant was open for anyone and not only guests. The price of a dinner was actually fixed each day and menu changed from day to day but ALWAYS included apetizer, primary meal, dessert/secondary meal, and cup of wine, either red or white.

Sure, if you wanted entire bootle of wine or some other drink you needed to pay for it but everything written above was the same fixed price each day.
    Which means that price was inclusive of all those things, to begin with. You admit, yourself, that anything past what the price included would be extra.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    At the end of the day, you are picking your poison. You don't need to play or support any of these conpanies that have microtransactions. At the same time, very few of these are mandatory to play. You are choosing to not support on the basis of viewing this as pure greed. Yet capitalism in general is about pure greed. You simply choose to make your stand here where you believe it matters, and thats fine. But greed is inescapable if you live in this world, and when it comes to non-mandatory and optional stuff... I don't see it as a problem. What other people pay is going towards more content for those who do not. Thats why the F2P system works the way it does.
    This is why I find anything related to these arguments or boycotts hypocritical. Thise that want to argue my point spare me the yet you live in a society comic bull shit. People will take a stand when it's convenient, costs them nothing, and requires no sacrifice. All the while indulging is something else that does the same or worse than what they love to get attention for by telling everyone how good they are for doing a thing.

Buy the game or don't buy it. Buy some MTX or don't. If this is enough to sway you away then you were not really interested in the first place. I also like how everyone jumps to the cool flashy and mounts, but ignores all the non armor cosmetic options of D3, all the new customization options for characters, and that the mounts in the Blizzcon panels looked like they could be decked out in accessories.

We have no clue what they will be. But rest assured MMO-Champ will jump to conclusions with out the full picture while raising their pitchforks.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    I don't know what you're trying to say here? PoE is free to play with MTX funding, Wolcen is buy to play with no MTX as far as I know. Never heard about the other examples so idk.

Blizzard also sells way more copies of their products, that's what funds the company. Bosses want higher pay? Why would I care about that? And more importantly, why would I care about a system that would enable said bosses to get a higher profit?

Haven't played Apex Legends so I can't speak to its MTX implementation.

Practically no one but tiny Indie devs with very limited resources does that anymore. It's way more profitable to keep adding to your game after release so you can grow your fanbase and get mentioned more often in gaming news media, both of which lead to more people finding your product and buying it which leads to higher sales.

I have no problems seeing your point of view. It's just that's it's wrong. The concept of "MTX pays for future updates and the developers keeping the game alive" is just simply wrong. There have been and currently are loads of games by both big and small developers with a healthy playerbase and constant updates even though they have no MTX whatsoever. MTX is just the cherry on top for the developer/publisher and apparently they've done a great job brainwashing people over the past few years into thinking MTX is somehow required for video game development.
    Again you cant compare POE or Wolcen with Diablo. And this games are not free. And you cant compare the income from MTX every f***** single month with a one time income only, even if its 30+mil.
    And you are very wrong Wolcen will have MTX, the DEVS said it.
    This is another pure example that if you want the game to be supported you need MTX in it.
    Some of you expressed concerns about microtransaction mentioned in our EULA: First, let’s be clear, there will be no pay-to-win at all in the game.
    From Wolcen Devs:
    We are going to provide free DLC and content after the release, we need a way to fund this, cosmetic microtransactions allow us to generate revenue on top of the base game price. The studio employ 40 people and we need a strong business model to ensure that we can maintain the game long term.
    In the shop, you will find things like new haircuts, faces or cool character effects, but no pay-to-win related elements."
    So your points go to the scarp, you get that? No matter how long you trying to said POE is free, its not truly free if you intend to play for more than a week.
    Also POE and the others game around, they don`t invest the money Blizzard invest in a game for example. Also no one knows POE or GGG by the time they put the game on the market. You can`t compare a small team invest a small amount of money into the game, and trying to make the game popular and earn them money, but MTX, with a proven name like Diablo and company like Blizzard, that have thousand of employees and they spend way more to develop the game and of course they expect bigger income.
    How hard for you is to get that?
    Warhammer Chaosbane is a ARPG game, that is nothing really interesting, and the time they released doesn`t even have a End Game, they add it later, but is a known name in the business, and of course they charge you for base game, and then if you want to play some of the end game content you still need to pay for them.
    Why would big company like Diablo not goes through that successful road, when so many ppl want exactly this, to play the game for long time and the game to be supported daily.
    And again no one will truly support you the game and constantly add new things, if they don`t get big money in return. You have to be completely mad to think otherwise.
    Diablo 3 is a perfect example of that. And POE and other games i mention is a truly example how you can keep one game alive for long period of time, either by paid content/mini expansion or by MTX supporter packs, stashes and so on.
    You can argue as much as you can your point can`t stand, because its not the right one.
    Last edited by lordlosh; 2019-11-11 at 08:28 AM.

People still cry about cosmetic microtransactions in 2019? It's pretty normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    They will make the good looking gear take way more time to get then it maybe would have with no cash shop. It's to push people that want to look good now to buy. So yes cash shops always make the game worse.

- - - Updated - - -

They will make the game way more grindy then it needs to be to push people that want to look cool into the cash shop.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't want that. Buying expansions every now and then is fine with me.
    Then you obviously not played solid ARPG with MTX.
    There is plenty of standard item in POE that`s look great. MTX have a totally different look. And MTX in a no way make the game more grindy.
    And no one want a game that goes into maintenance mode just month after its release. MTX all the way.

Shakadam, just read that Borderlands 3 have MTX. So you lie about this one as well. Its obvious your point don`t stand real arguments and facts ....
    Last edited by lordlosh; 2019-11-11 at 08:38 AM.

Hopefully they will worry about making a game that can last more then 3 months first since you can't sell shit if your game is deserted. Initial outlook doesn't look so good.

But again there are always the rapid blizz whales so they might keep it afloat.

I can understand why people is angry, but honestly while i don't like MTX it's just how things roll now.

No amount of "boycott X" or "but companies should do Y" will work. Shouting, complaining, petitions won't work. That's how economy works, if you can sell something at 50$, why selling it at 35$ and losing profit for no absolute reason? The only thing that works is not buying that stuff as a whole segment of customers. Until that happens, then you're going to get whatever scammy system to rake more money from games.

Side note: the whole lootbox thing is running not because "people want a more fair monetization in games". It's running just because it's too much akin to gambling and gaming + children is a combination anyone wants to destroy. As a customer, you have zero value in the discussion; as a worried person/gamer, you have all the power.

Anyway. I doesn't look half as bad people depict it. There's PoE with its store and everyone is perfectly happy with it. There's D3 which was B2P and its support dies down in no time. There's WoW that has bi-yearly expansions, a sub, AND mtx and people still play it.

I'm fine with the proposed structure. You buy it, you play it. Everything is in your hands. Expansions give you mroe content. MTX are a cosmetic store and no lootbox shit which is more than fine, plus everyone in D3 would have bough storage space for money if there was the chance. If they make a currency/materials tab like in PoE i'm gonna buy it immediately.

I don't see a problem with MTX. The only problem that arises is with lootboxes and random rewards where you don't have vision of how much you're going to spend - but this doesn't appear to be the case.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.