Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Pathfinder doesn't have to change. I think its ok that you have to explore the world a bit on foot before being able to fly. But both of them should be available from day 1. Not come a year after.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am going to play devils advocate as much as I hate flying period.

If they want to make flying right of the bat with no path finder then Blizzard better start designing zones around the idea of flying. Like areas where you can only get to by flying on your mount, more terrain with more danger, I think of zones like Icecrown or Stormpeaks from WotLK.

Or maybe zones with smaller isles and deadly waters, meaning you have to fly from island to island to get to where you want to go. Maybe even create deadlier skies with dragons that make you risking skying for those that want it, having those dangers risk you falling off your mount, like Mechagon.

Blizzard put themselves in a rut when they created flying, personally I feel flying should have never been created at all, the idea of flying over content in an MMO was a bad idea. But alas we are here and we have flying and people want to fly so what do we do?

I understand Blizzard want to let people see the world first, and I agree with them, but they made flying a thing and now they gotta work with it. I do think taking away flying now at all will cause a lot of people to leave because it;s became a crutch for them, its all they know, because those hardcore players who loved a world with no flying probably left for Classic and those that stayed probably don't care either way.

EDIT: accidentally deleted post instead of changing it :S

I would actually like an overhaul of the flying system to have mechanics that make it enjoyable to fly around

If they are going to keep Pathfinder as the way to get flying they need to make it happen much sooner in expansions. I would be fine with it being earnable right away with the grinds being the only gate to getting it (at worst it should be in the first major patch). They should also go back to the way they did flying mounts in TBC where they actually made content and quests that required flying to access.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, i didnt read all the posts.
    Maybe somebody else said it, but i like it removed how it is now!
    U should however after u did the zone (all quests, all story lines) u get flying for that zone(unlocked on all characters after that).
    Its BS that u need the rep for it. Rep shouldnt be mandatory.
    Flying should also be unlocked for previous expansions.

Or i wouldnt even mind the rep, if its grindable (15rep per kill, so its not really time gated)
    Last edited by PhXn; 2019-11-09 at 06:23 PM. Reason: more rep.
    Get in my Belly!

As someone who plays this game a lot. Pathfinder doesnt matter to me. You get it by playing the game, and most of the content is reached by queuing wherever. The only time its nice to have flying is when leveling alts and farming materials. But i rarely farm my own stuff. Boost gold is enough to cover any material costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    You literally get 15% extra rep for an entire month right now. The worst possible time to complain.

But besides that, do the same work I did if you want the same reward. Actually, you already have to do less work.
    Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    And people like you are the reason why WoW is going downhill - wanting everything by doing nothing.
    Yawn, so tired of this mindset of "I had to suffer, and I'm a narcissist, so everyone else should suffer too!"

I think it could be pretty easily conflated with a lot of the political environment of the world as well. For some reason lots o' people just want to see others suffer as much as they did.

Nah, it needs to be earned. Pathfinder isn't hard. Maybe change it to complete all zone stories + something, but not too dramatic of a change.

Pathfinder is an excellent idea. Leveling shouldn't feel like a race to endgame, at least that part of the game should feel like an adventure. If it doesn't, the reasons why should be adressed, and that reason is not the lack of flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Armakus View Post
    Yawn, so tired of this mindset of "I had to suffer, and I'm a narcissist, so everyone else should suffer too!"

I think it could be pretty easily conflated with a lot of the political environment of the world as well. For some reason lots o' people just want to see others suffer as much as they did.
    If playing the game is suffering to you then probably you shouldn't play. The game is an RPG where when you do stuff you get stuff, not "Hey I didn't do this when it was new so can I get it now for free?" mobile game.
    Really the entitlement with some of you is real.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armakus View Post

I never suffer when playing games i like.
    I never suffered when working on pathfinder. Hell i was even surprised when the achievement for part 1 popped up, and i was like: hmm that went fast.

Nazjatar / Mechagon farm for flying? Took some work but nothing i didnt enjoy doing.

Ive posted the following a lot recently:
    - if you dont enjoy the game or the work you have to put in, dont do it.
    - if it hurts your enjoyment so much, find another game or just dont bother.
    - nobody is forcing you to unlock flying or to use flying.

Flying isnt required and a nice bonus to have.

I just wish people could understand that, and stopped whining about stuff that needs to be removed because they dont like it.

I dont enjoy pvp, yet i am not making posts to remove it, i simply dont participate

I also dont enjoy playing WoW Pokemon, and i also dont make posts about the fact i want x pet while not putting in the effort (since i like to collect stuff) but cant be bothered to farm pet achievements and pet battles.

And i can go on, but it simply boils down to what i have said before.

Pathfinder can stay the same EXCEPT get part 2 started earlier.
    "The further a society drifts from the truth the more it will hate those who speak it" - George Orwell

im ok with it

would prefer it gets introduced quicker but with flight whistles and shit its sooooo fast

10+ Year Old Account
    Make it so Pathfinder unlocks flying as soon as you get it for that content.

New content comes out, new Pathfinder.

Example: BfA Pathfinder unlocks Kul'Tiras and Zandalar flying. Mechagon/Nazjatar open up, Pathfinder Part 2 unlocks flying for those zones.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

I like pathfinder, only thing i would change is the insane rep grind to honored instead of revered and the time between part 1 and 2

I'd like everything kept the same except the reputation requirement removed.

Rather have an option to either buy it from a trainer account wide max level for main and 2-3 levels below cap for alts. But also give option to other players that would rather do pathfinder but only have 1 part that can be completed within the first month. For the ones that do pathfinder offer a mount reward or other option for the work.
    Would like to see expansions built with flying in mind. But the current dev team lacks that creativity, so far there below the bar set by the team of Wotlk. Look at it this way, flying isn't a burden its just the devs don't want to do the work to creating questing or leveling with it. Wotlk had good design,also the land masses were alot better and higher elevated like Stormpeaks and icecrown. How many times have players posted and voiced themselves about flying only to have the devs ignore them? The only answer is hoping that activision will get rid of key members of the current dev team or put someone else in charge that would enforce no more delays to flying. As long as players keep buying the expansions or preorders near launch. The devs will never change. Just like with how players unsubbed and heald out after hearing no flying in draenor was announced. That caused a massive unsub which prompted a customer service window to pop up when you went to cancel your sub. Then blizz had to add it once executives and shareholders were getting upset. There answer was to get back at players by adding pathfinder.

No pathfinder > no flying > pathfinder IMO

My ideal version would be that when you reach max lvl you get to do a flying based quests per zone to unlock flying in it. Like the Netherwing race quests you did in TBC, but modernized. When you complete the quest you get flying in that zone account wide.

They should also design new zones AROUND flying. Make them more vertical. Towers, canyons, mountains etc. Imagine Netherstorm but without the bridges connecting the landmasses for example. And flying enemy patrols that dismount you instantly, unlike the one in Mechagon wich you easily can avoid.

I wouldnt mind no flying either. But then blizz would have to ditch the Nazjatar zone design mentality, and make zones more flat and open.

5+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard should get a cue from FF14 and make flight available on a per-zone basis. You complete the quests in a zone, visit a handful of key spots in the map as part of a small quest series and voilà, flight enabled in that zone. That way, you still have to play and explore the zone on the ground before you can fly without the timegated BS of pathfinder 2.

If you step into a zone that you haven't obtained flight for already, you get a 10 seconds warning to dismount - if you don't, you are dismounted automatically.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

It should be changed i hope