Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Is that wrong for conservatives to support a Democratic candidate out of the available pool? Seems fine, like if a Democrat supported the least problematic Republican candidate in the 2016 primary I don't think anyone would view it with the kind of suspicion I see here.
    What really tickles me is that you can tell a real conservative from a "I'm conservative because Fox News tell me that's what I should be" conservative based on which democrat they support. Gabbard is the latter. Fox News conservatives know her because she likes to appear on Tucker's White Power Hour and adjacent nonsense media, giving legitimacy to batshit insanity. There are plenty of other democrats who are closer to conservative values (and normalcy), but it's telling that they pick that one. It's also pretty funny that in the poll threads on this forum, every single person who selects Gabbard as their candidate is someone who constantly reminds us "I'M NOT A CONSERVATIVE AND I DON'T SUPPORT TRUMP AND I DIDN'T VOTE FOR HIM, I JUST MAKE 3 THREADS A DAY ABOUT HOW EVERYTHING TRUMP DOES IS GREAT AND HOW EVERYONE TO THE LEFT OF HIM IS THE WORST PERSON ON THIS PLANET."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Bloomberg entering the Democrat primary basically guarantees that Warren is the nominee.
    Eh, I doubt it. I don't think he'd take any meaningful number of votes from anyone. He's just too late to the game and he's not as popular as he thinks he is.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Not at all, it makes it easier to identify the Trojan Horses, as said.
    Okay but I was wondering why progressives care about such things when I don't think the opposite side would care. Like if somebody had supported Kasich in 2016 it seems odd to assume they are a Trojan Horse. It's not random(or malevolent) that right wingers are more pulled toward Tulsi and Yang, it's just cause they are a different kind of candidate with different platforms. It's nothing to be paranoid about.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Not if they try a third party candidate run. That will pretty much guarantee Trump's second term.
    If Trump runs it's a guaranteed win anyway, there is no one from the left that has enough steam to beat him.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    If Trump runs it's a guaranteed win anyway, there is no one from the left that has enough steam to beat him.
    According to what? Any data or polls or anything to back this claim up? Or is this just more of your historic conjecture and lies?

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    According to what? Any data or polls or anything to back this claim up? Or is this just more of your historic conjecture and lies?
    As though he would come back to answer you and not just post-and-run.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Okay but I was wondering why progressives care about such things when I don't think the opposite side would care. Like if somebody had supported Kasich in 2016 it seems odd to assume they are a Trojan Horse. It's not random(or malevolent) that right wingers are more pulled toward Tulsi and Yang, it's just cause they are a different kind of candidate with different platforms. It's nothing to be paranoid about.
    Considering what the right wing stands for; yes, it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    No I've only seen Republicans hoping they run to either spoil things or be the not racist Republican option.
    Take what @Elegiac said and replace "moderates" with "wealthy Democratic Party donors."
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Take what @Elegiac said and replace "moderates" with "wealthy Democratic Party donors."
    People get kinda buttmad when folks openly admit the Democratic center doesn't stand for anything except rich folks, so I was trying to be politic.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    You alone other than Eric Holder and Bloomberg himself might be the only ones who wanted them to run.
    Note even close - there's at least a hundred thousand UHNWIs who are scared shitless at the prospect of Sanders' and/or Warrens' ideas gaining mainstream traction in the United States, who would be very happy with Holder or Bloomberg.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    And those morons should realize that these two running won't be pulling votes from either Bernie or Warren. They'll pull votes from Biden.
    These people also seem to believe getting up in public and complaining about billionaires being vilified is remotely sympathetic, so...Is the delusion surprising?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    And those morons should realize that these two running won't be pulling votes from either Bernie or Warren. They'll pull votes from Biden.
    As I posted in the Dem2020 nominee thread, they're not trying to pull away Sanders' or Warrens' current support (although I'm sure they wouldn't mind doing that), they're trying to make sure that there's a major moderate candidate (with more on their resume than "small city mayor") available if Biden collapses (literally or metaphorically) - the other "moderate" technocrats in the race have failed to achieve liftoff.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    The question here is: Did you vote Hillary or stayed home because Bernie wasn't chosen?

If its the later, you deserve trump.
    I actually voted for Trump because Hilary Clinton according to emails was going to use anti Semitism against Sanders in the south. So yeah, I feel bad about voting for Trump but am glad it got us to this point.we have much more better candidates. I did donate to President Obama’s re-election against Romney.

Bloomberg would be better than Sanders because at least he believes in capitalism being a billionaire.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Bloomberg would be better than Sanders because at least he believes in capitalism being a billionaire.
    Not by a long shot, Bloomberg doesn't stand a chance and Sanders would actually be a huge improvement to capitalism with increased wages actually spurring the economy. Bloomberg might be good for CRONY Capitalism, but that isn't really a good thing, now is it?
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

eric holder no,
    bloomerg, i think would actually win vs trump in a general, but hes too neoliberal and pragmatic to win in the primary, he should use his wealth to fund joe biden via dark money super pacs if he wants a centrist to win, if he enters he will lose the race. Not saying thats right or what i agree with, its just his best route if his goal is to undermine warren/sanders because joe is low on cash
    Last edited by arandomuser; 2019-11-11 at 06:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    They don't have goddam steam because the future's electric.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloomberg would stand a chance if there were 10 Biden running. All he would be doing is pointing out the flaws of the DNC being to afraid to lock down the primary so they want appear to be biased.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

what circles is OP in that anyone is "excited" for Eric Holder and Bloomberg?

Didnt even know holder was running, that's cute.

Quote Originally Posted by ohtlmtlm View Post
    what circles is OP in that anyone is "excited" for Eric Holder and Bloomberg?

Didnt even know holder was running, that's cute.
    I don’t have friends. My dad told me they were running and there were news articles so I thought there was hype.

I follow politics pretty closely and wasn't aware...

I just googled and apparently in March he said he wouldn't run, but multiple stories over the last couple of days suggesting he might be.