Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hastis View Post
    So there is no reason to keep ground mounts anymore
    If you find them more fun then sure there is.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hastis View Post
    So there is no reason to keep ground mounts anymore
    There always will be.
    - Dungeons and raids
    - Battlegrounds
    - Arena
    - Till you are able to fly in current content because PF part 2 is finally in the game

I think it only is required for Deepholm. Everywhere else can be accessed on the ground or swimming.

Quote Originally Posted by kurigosh View Post
    Do veteran players get a flying mount at level 10? because what if i want to do some burning crusade at level 10? so, do we get ground mounts at level 5 then?
    It was a subtle way to make old content unflyable until max level. Well done Blizzard.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    The important point here is when he says "Whatever level we set flying at". That's the giant ???? in the equation. He didn't confirm you can fly at level 10. He just confirmed that you'll still need to complete pathfinder to fly in WoD/Legion/BfA(which is stupid, btw).

On a side note: Players without pathfinder will avoid those expansions like the plague, in favor of expansion where you can fly without pathfinder bullshit.
    Frank: Much like today, whatever level we set flying at - so if I go to WoD and I'm at a flyable level and I've already unlocked the Pathfinder I should be able to fly.
    The answer to your ???? appears to be 10.
    The more important takeaway is "much like today." It seems pretty plain to understand unless you're trying really hard push a certain narrative.
    This CAN change in development, but this is the answer we got. So today I'm confident that you are grounded during Vanilla, buy/heirloom your way to flight in BC-MoP, and fly with Pathfinder in WoD-SL.

7+ Year Old Account
    i just unlocked bfa pathfinder and being able to fly makes the game so much more fun for me. Blizzard is going about flying all wrong, the convenience and fun of flying makes leveling way more enjoyable. getting dazed every third mob and dying is one of the worst experiences in this game. Flying takes just as much strategy as ground mounts do but its more forgiving.

If you think about it, they will not allow flying at lv10, it just completely kills the point of ground mounts (which i couldn't care less about) so they must be thinking of some bullshit where you cant fly till 40ish.

If they take away pathfinder perks for alts after all doing everything to get them the last 3 expansions without 1 complaint from me, I'll be pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Agrossive View Post
    i just unlocked bfa pathfinder and being able to fly makes the game so much more fun for me. Blizzard is going about flying all wrong, the convenience and fun of flying makes leveling way more enjoyable. getting dazed every third mob and dying is one of the worst experiences in this game. Flying takes just as much strategy as ground mounts do but its more forgiving.

If you think about it, they will not allow flying at lv10, it just completely kills the point of ground mounts (which i couldn't care less about) so they must be thinking of some bullshit where you cant fly till 40ish.
    I whole-heartedly agree.

Probably get slow flying until 30ish and max flying at 50.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Agrossive View Post

I think they need to just realize this and at least go back to wrath and pandaria stage where you get to max and pay X amount and boom got it. Maybe have to complete loremaster for the new zone to get the BoA flying tome.

We don't know yet.
    There are still a LOT of things that need to be discussed, especially heirlooms.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    though I do have dreams they will throw the pre-Cata world in there too just because they recently restored it for classic and if you're giving an open choice of anything, why the hell not?
    I've been saying it the moment Classic was announced that they should essentially cut / paste the zones into the game and use dragon's to swap though with how they are doing Shadowlands there might be another way.

I remember talking to a GM and we somehow got on the topic and he said that would be too confusing and there's no reason to put in the old zones. I suggested that either A) They let transmog you earn in classic transfer over or B) just add in the zones. They don't lose anything by adding them in and it'd make a lot of the player base happy that hunts transmog, especially old dungeon stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    I've been saying it the moment Classic was announced that they should essentially cut / paste the zones into the game and use dragon's to swap though with how they are doing Shadowlands there might be another way.

I remember talking to a GM and we somehow got on the topic and he said that would be too confusing and there's no reason to put in the old zones. I suggested that either A) They let transmog you earn in classic transfer over or B) just add in the zones. They don't lose anything by adding them in and it'd make a lot of the player base happy that hunts transmog, especially old dungeon stuff.
    Same! And how would it be any less confusing than going from Cata to TBC to Wrath and back to Cata? If you talk to talk to Chromie anyway you'd just be selecting the option to see Azeroth before the Cataclysm.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    The answer to your ???? appears to be 10.
    The more important takeaway is "much like today." It seems pretty plain to understand unless you're trying really hard push a certain narrative.
    This CAN change in development, but this is the answer we got. So today I'm confident that you are grounded during Vanilla, buy/heirloom your way to flight in BC-MoP, and fly with Pathfinder in WoD-SL.
    I'm not trying to push a narrative. Where does he ever say level 10? Today you don't reach WoD until level 90, at which point you already have flying for 30 levels. The equivalent to getting flight at level 60 under current rules would be level 25 under the squish.

I think what you're conflating is that WoD allows flying because you've completed pathfinder. But that doesn't mesh up with expansions that don't have pathfinder at all. To follow this logic, players at level 10 would be able to fly in WoD/Legion/BfA right away if they've completed pathfinder in those expansions.....but NOT be able to fly in expansions without pathfinder? How is the level for flying set in expansions without Pathfinder then?

The problem I see is that there's no clarification of what EXACT level flight will be set at. You're assuming 10 because of your assumption of his meaning of "like today". But I think you're leaping to conclusions. "Whatever level we set flight at" creates a LOT of ambiguity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    Same! And how would it be any less confusing than going from Cata to TBC to Wrath and back to Cata? If you talk to talk to Chromie anyway you'd just be selecting the option to see Azeroth before the Cataclysm.
    I can already hear the "REEEEEEE!!!!!!!" from the classic purists being buttsore because of Vanilla zones being available, but with retail class balance and abilities.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2019-11-11 at 05:35 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    How do you get to the airship in Deepholm without flying? Netherstorm doesn't require it with LFG teleporting you to dungeons, and Twilight Highlands only required it for the raid as far as I recall, but I distinctly recall Deepholm having some questing areas that had no path to them.
    You could pick up flying if you had the gold and were level 60. Cataclysm was the introduction of old world flying, at that time it was a locked part of the expansion. Checked out a TB video from 2010 and he was flying in Mount Hyjal.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I'm not trying to push a narrative. Where does he ever say level 10? Today you don't reach WoD until level 90, at which point you already have flying for 30 levels.
    "Whatever level we set flight at" sounded like past tense to me.
    Tomorrow you don't reach WoD until level 10, at which point you may be able to fly straight away.
    And like I said in the previous post, flight could be accessible the way it was in each respective expansion, whether it was buying it (BC/Cataclysm), account-bound tomes (wotlk, MoP) or Pathfinder (WoD and later). It's not clean, just consistent with how things are today. Pick your poison.

At any rate that was their statement and my interpretation so the thread is free to overanalyze however it likes

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I doubt much is changing other than flying being pushed to lvl 50 instead of 60.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    "Whatever level we set flight at" sounded like past tense to me.
    Tomorrow you don't reach WoD until level 10, at which point you may be able to fly straight away.
    And like I said in the previous post, flight could be accessible the way it was in each respective expansion, whether it was buying it (BC/Cataclysm), account-bound tomes (wotlk, MoP) or Pathfinder (WoD and later). It's not clean, just consistent with how things are today. Pick your poison.

At any rate that was their statement and my interpretation so the thread is free to overanalyze however it likes
    "Whatever level we set flight at" stinks of "We haven't determined that yet".

Anyway, all I'm saying is that there's no clear indication of how it will be handled. For all we know they could slap a pathfinder achievement on every expansion that doesn't already have it.....

....I probably shouldn't give them any ideas. >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Augusta138 View Post
    How does BFA require flying? How did we level till 8.2?

I dont get this logic at all.
    Flying in BfA requires pathfinder - which a new player couldn’t get until current level cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    We don't know yet.
    There are still a LOT of things that need to be discussed, especially heirlooms.
    The leveling experience is targeted at NEW PLAYERS, there is no reason to make a huge deal about it for veteran players.
    Heirlooms could be nerfed or not changed at all and it would not matter since the XP needed from 1-50 is massivly reduced. Same with pathfinder, who cares if you can fly or not when most of the latest expansions allready have quest hubs and smart zone follow ups, so you can basicly WALK from quest hub to quest hub anyways.

NEW PLAYERS, the main audience for the shadowlands leveling redo, do not have heirlooms nor pathfinder and the minor changes for veterans can be made late or even after release of the expansion.
    -

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wanax View Post
    Probably get slow flying until 30ish and max flying at 50.

- - - Updated - - -

I think they need to just realize this and at least go back to wrath and pandaria stage where you get to max and pay X amount and boom got it. Maybe have to complete loremaster for the new zone to get the BoA flying tome.
    I think zone exploration achievements and loremaster achievements would be the most logical and enjoyable way to unlock flying. It would definitely feel awesome to explore everything then get rewarded with flight.

The way its unlocked now has no in game fantasy or reasoning behind it, it's just an obtrusive immersion breaking road block. At least it northern you need to "learn" cold weather flying to survive flying in northrend, now it's just, devs said no flying, and that's all the reasoning you get, no in game reason behind it.