Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post

Be less cryptic please.
    How was that remotely cryptic?

Give a solitary race, an AR at that, such a unique theme agency and the community will naturally blow up with claims of bias and demands of others needing the same love. Cause for some reason their opinion of the preferred race is better than the "X race that got attention."

How was that cryptic?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraka View Post
    How was that remotely cryptic?

Give a solitary race, an AR at that, such a unique theme agency and the community will naturally blow up with claims of bias and demands of others needing the same love. Cause for some reason their opinion of the preferred race is better than the "X race that got attention."

How was that cryptic?
    How? You wrote all that to basically say that others complaining about High elves are justified no matter what because of what they did with Wildhammer.

wow, so insightful.

I’ve been watching this forum for a long time, but haven’t said anything. I have my opinion on the Alliance High Elf thing, but I’m not going to voice it. That being said, isn’t Alleria the only example of a High Elf (I know, she’s a Void Elf but she was also a High Elf) with tattoos? If I’m wrong, let me know, but seeing as how she served in the Farstriders, wouldn’t tattoo options make sense for the Horde-aligned Farstriders? I imagine that the body paint was a ranger thing. Obviously, I can imagine former Blood Elf rangers who are now Void Elves could have the markings, too, but Blood Elves and Void Elves are aesthetically distinct enough to warrant the shared cosmetic feature.
    Last edited by A Young Munch; 2019-11-11 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by A Young Munch View Post
    I’ve been watching this forum for a long time, but haven’t said anything. I have my opinion on the Alliance High Elf thing, but I’m not going to voice it. That being said, isn’t Alleria the only example of a High Elf (I know, she’s a Void Elf but she’s also a High Elf) with tattoos? If I’m wrong, let me know, but seeing as how she served in the Farstriders, wouldn’t tattoo options make sense for the Horde-aligned Farstriders? I imagine that the body paint was ranger thing.
    She was a member of the Farstriders, yes (she was actually described as the finest and most cunning of their order by Sylvanas). The Farstriders in general are very nature-oriented compared to the other Sin'dorei, usually spending their lives in the woods in contact with the wilds (hence why they would have tattoos and body paint). However Rommath (the Grand Magister) also has tattoos, so it's not exclusive to the Farstriders.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    The question I have is whether or not the second generation of void elves will even have the side effects of the transformation. Who knows? They may fully master the void.
    To be fair, we don't even know if they will even have any connection to the void, they may end up just like Worgen, and maybe their curse (blessing) is not passed to your childs

5+ Year Old Account
    I’ve been watching this forum for a long time, but haven’t said anything. I have my opinion on the Alliance High Elf thing, but I’m not going to voice it. That being said, isn’t Alleria the only example of a High Elf (I know, she’s a Void Elf but she’s also a High Elf) with tattoos? If I’m wrong, let me know, but seeing as how she served in the Farstriders, wouldn’t tattoo options make sense for the Horde-aligned Farstriders? I imagine that the body paint was ranger thing. Obviously, I can imagine former Blood Elf rangers who are now Blood Elves could Abe the markings, too, but Blood Elves and Void Elves are aesthetically distinct enough to warrant the shares cosmetic feature.
    Yeah, maybe, but anyways even if they both shared that it can always be made thematically. Blood elves with Blood elf like ones and High elves with High elf like tattoos.

I mean, this doesn't have to be who has and who hasn't, things aren't that binary, jeez...

10+ Year Old Account
    I’ve been watching this forum for a long time, but haven’t said anything. I have my opinion on the Alliance High Elf thing, but I’m not going to voice it. That being said, isn’t Alleria the only example of a High Elf (I know, she’s a Void Elf but she’s also a High Elf) with tattoos? If I’m wrong, let me know, but seeing as how she served in the Farstriders, wouldn’t tattoo options make sense for the Horde-aligned Farstriders? I imagine that the body paint was ranger thing. Obviously, I can imagine former Blood Elf rangers who are now Void Elves could have the markings, too, but Blood Elves and Void Elves are aesthetically distinct enough to warrant the shared cosmetic feature.
    The Ranger units in WC2 have the paint too.

I'd say woad-like/celt-ish paint is definitely a Farstrider thing and runic tattoos are more of a Magister thing:

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    She was a member of the Farstriders, yes (she was actually described as the finest and most cunning of their order by Sylvanas). The Farstriders in general are very nature-oriented compared to the other Sin'dorei, usually spending their lives in the woods in contact with the wilds (hence why they would have tattoos and body paint). However Rommath (the Grand Magister) also has tattoos, so it's not exclusive to the Farstriders.
    I totally forgot about Rommath—you’re right. I should know this since I play Blood Elves a ton. Anyway, I understand the cultural distinction of High Elves and I understand and respect that point of view. I just feel like, since Blood Elves may get blue eyes and Void Elves exist in the Alliance, there aren’t enough factors in favor of an entirely new group of Elves that, while culturally distinct, look nearly exactly like other elves.

I totally forgot about Rommath—you’re right. I should know this since I play Blood Elves a ton. Anyway, I understand the cultural distinction of High Elves and I understand and respect Your hat point of view. I just feel like, since Blood Elves may get blue eyes and Void Elves exist in the Alliance, there aren’t enough factors in favor of an entirely new group of Elves that, while culturally distinct, look nearly exactly like other elves.
    Actually I agree with you that there's no need for a High elf allied race when they can just give more customization options to Void elves (pink skin tones like Alleria) and Blood elves (blue eyes).
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Not to rain on anyone's parade, because Alliance Quel'dorei would be cool I guess, but the fact is that they're not coming to the Alliance. For whatever reason Blizzard decided to crap out a awful race (void elves) to 'appease' the people wanting high elves. Idk how they thought that would work, but that's what they did. For those of you who think 'well they may add a regular skin to the void elves' I don't see that happening. From what I've read and watched they said they are adding customization to the ORIGINAL races + blood elves and draenei. They may change that at some point but those were the words used.

As much as it's going to anger people to read this it's more likely they give Sin'dorei a blue eye option. I'm not 100% up on Sin'dorei lore but from what I've been told and red their eyes change colors based off the magic they draw upon/infuse themsleves with? Fel - Green, Light - Gold, Arcane - Blue. That information could be wrong however as Blizzard is trash at lore and are always changing it, honestly there is no point in trying to keep up with lore anymore with how often they take a fresh hot dump on it.
    "Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it."
    Varok Saurfang

Yeah, maybe, but anyways even if they both shared that it can always be made thematically. Blood elves with Blood elf like ones and High elves with High elf like tattoos.

I mean, this doesn't have to be who has and who hasn't, things aren't that binary, jeez...
    Hey man, just because I said that, doesn’t mean that I think you guys should can the High Elf argument. Was just making an observation. Not everyone who isn’t pro-High Elf is out for your blood like some others on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggsy View Post
    Not to rain on anyone's parade, because Alliance Quel'dorei would be cool I guess, but the fact is that they're not coming to the Alliance. For whatever reason Blizzard decided to crap out a awful race (void elves) to 'appease' the people wanting high elves. Idk how they thought that would work, but that's what they did. For those of you who think 'well they may add a regular skin to the void elves' I don't see that happening. From what I've read and watched they said they are adding customization to the ORIGINAL races + blood elves and draenei. They may change that at some point but those were the words used.

As much as it's going to anger people to read this it's more likely they give Sin'dorei a blue eye option. I'm not 100% up on Sin'dorei lore but from what I've been told and red their eyes change colors based off the magic they draw upon/infuse themsleves with? Fel - Green, Light - Gold, Arcane - Blue. That information could be wrong however as Blizzard is trash at lore and are always changing it, honestly there is no point in trying to keep up with lore anymore with how often they take a fresh hot dump on it.
    Void elves are very popular, and Blizzard knows this. I doubt they'll stop at core races. It's not confirmed obviously, but really I very much doubt they will not do allied races eventually.

Void elves are very popular, and Blizzard knows this. I doubt they'll stop at core races. It's not confirmed obviously, but really I very much doubt they will not do allied races eventually.
    I don't see many void elves on my server. I personally find their whole concept silly but to each their own. I don't doubt that they will eventually add more to allied races, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that specific set of options for void elves. It's not like dwarves where they add blue tattoos and suddenly you have wildhammers. What people are asking with those hair/skin/eye options are basically asking them to make 1 race be 2 races... I'm sure there is a better way to say that but I'm still waking up so this is what I got lol
    Varok Saurfang

I don't see many void elves on my server. I personally find their whole concept silly but to each their own. I don't doubt that they will eventually add more to allied races, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that specific set of options for void elves. It's not like dwarves where they add blue tattoos and suddenly you have wildhammers. What people are asking with those hair/skin/eye options are basically asking them to make 1 race be 2 races... I'm sure there is a better way to say that but I'm still waking up so this is what I got lol
    They are the fourth most played Alliance race, or so the various realm statistic websites say.

It's not about asking them to turn one race into two races, really. Doing something like this would not only let Helfers finally play a pink-toned elf on the Alliance (this would already satisfy the vast majority of them -- many Helfers on this website and on their discord say they'd be happy with this), but also maintain some of the identity of Void elves in a way that is not too obvious (so you can hide those purple parts with armor if they bother you):

5+ Year Old Account
    They are the fourth most played Alliance race, or so the various realm statistic websites say.
    Nobody cares, you are the one derailing the thread into Void elves.

It's not about asking them to turn one race into two races, really. Doing something like this would not only let Helfers finally play a pink-toned elf on the Alliance (this would already satisfy the vast majority of them -- many Helfers on this website and on their discord say they'd be happy with this), but also maintain some of the identity of Void elves in a way that is not too obvious (so you can hide those purple parts with armor if they bother you):
    Look, I don't know with what kind of face you write these sentences, but you can't say that someone 'don't talk for their peers' and then praise those who would settle for pale skin tones for Void elves. That is called a double standard, and I can totally say the same, you 'don't talk for my peers'. And you even have the guts to talk about a 'vast majority' when you don't have a simple single graph to claim such thing nor such thing is relevant at all.

Also, what I am seeing here is that you are trying to sell something. You even talk about how players will be able to 'hide the purple parts' as if you were the one designing it. You are not a developer, stop acting like one

You have made your case already: 'High elves bad, anything else good'

If you want to talk so badly about Void elves go ahead and open a thread for them. If you actually want and care about these pale options for Void elves then open such thread for it. It would not be a High elf thread, so the moderation team will not impede it to you. It would be a thread about Void elves. Have fun!

Firstly, not a fan of those edits they look really janky. I'd rather have just a full 'normal' skin tone than have my shins, calves and feet look like they're stained in blueberry juice. I get it's just an idea but to me that isn't 'que'dorei' enough. That aside, I'm just giving you the excuses Blizzard would give. They'd say it'd be like making 1 race into 2 and that those specific options are 'too extreme' or something of the like.
    Varok Saurfang

Firstly, not a fan of those edits they look really janky. I'd rather have just a full 'normal' skin tone than have my shins, calves and feet look like they're stained in blueberry juice. I get it's just an idea but to me that isn't 'que'dorei' enough. That aside, I'm just giving you the excuses Blizzard would give. They'd say it'd be like making 1 race into 2 and that those specific options are 'too extreme' or something of the like.
    Well really it's a fan edit, obviously Blizzard's product would be much more polished. The general idea is what's important. Pink skin, but still some elements that remind you of Void elves (could just be something simple like eyeliner or some residual Void effect in the hands ala Thalyssra).

Really, a lot of Void elf fans would like this too (not just Helfers). I wouldn't mind having the option to "turn off" Voidform like Alleria can. The demand is certainly there and Blizzard would be wise to capitalize on it.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2019-11-11 at 06:03 PM.

How? You wrote all that to basically say that others complaining about High elves are justified no matter what because of what they did with Wildhammer.

wow, so insightful.
    And you got all that from what I said... How? What stick whiddled up your butt over Dwarves so much everything I stated was about them?

I only used Wildhammer cause it has been the most prominent example that "dissolves" an existing race to optional aesthetics.

Well really it's a fan edit, obviously Blizzard's product would be much more polished...
    You say that but I've seen fans do better than Blizzard when it comes to model deisgn. https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...an-Female-Edit Like this designer and his redesign of the awful female KT models that look like chunky plastic barbie dolls instead of having depth and features.

As for being able to 'turn off' void form that would make a lot of sense but I have a feeling that if they wanted them to have that they would have just made them regular skin tones and have them 'change' once they go into combat.

Honestly it feels void elves were a race they just crapped out in order to try and appease people. There was no need for them and there 2 paragraphs of lore is pretty awful. I feel it was a huge slap in the face to the people who have been asking for Alliance Quel'dorei for all these years because one of their main arguments against Alliance Quel'dorei was that 'there weren't enough of them in the lore' to justify them being a race. Yet the what? 100 or so 'void elves' warrant a race? Not to mention they put a handful of Quel'dorei models in SW's mage district at the same time which was an obvious oversight but still a bit dickish.

Again, I hate to be a downer but I don't see them adding these specific customization options and I don't see them adding another set of elves to the race pool, especially because they'd be using the same model 3 times. I also don't see it likely because Blood Elves and their models are a Horde original race, I don't see them suddenly giving the alliance 2 versions of that type of elf/model.
    Varok Saurfang

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    If they went that way, I'd want the blue eyes for the blood elves, with some justification given as per the black eyed night elves, the alleria looking tattoos to them, and similar but more glow-in-the-dark ones available to the void elves as well so they could look like this:

If Void Elves worked the same way Alleria worked AND looked, I wouldn't have any complaints. Instead we get sickly pale shades of blue/purple skin and an even shittier "Void Form".