Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trbn View Post
    then who is he?

- - - Updated - - -

you don't need to give him a lot of time. put him in some hub zone and make him cast some protective spell and we are ok.
    immersive reason why he must stay here, why he can't participate. but not totally forgotten.

it's not even 1 minute of screen time. it's a model and one dialog that opens when you press on him
    Ugh, thats just forcing him into the story. We dont really even know if the shadowlands are a threat, personally id much prefer him delegate, maybe correspond with someone to catalogue what is happening, have him lock himself in karazhan focusing on something else entirely, let him set up a new threat rather than just get a participation ribbon for every event.

We dont need khadgar sending us to get bear asses or operating the magic door. give him time to focus on his own personal goals, the shadowlands arent within his scope as a character.

then who is he?
    The leader of the Kirin Tor and arguably the most powerful living mage in Azeroth

Quote Originally Posted by azkhane View Post
    He is the defacto Guardian, Medivh sees him as the Guardian
    Have you ever seen the Harbingers cinematic? He does not consider himself nor he has the power of the Guardian
    Last edited by ReVnX; 2019-11-11 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Ugh, thats just forcing him into the story. We dont really even know if the shadowlands are a threat, personally id much prefer him delegate, maybe correspond with someone to catalogue what is happening, have him lock himself in karazhan focusing on something else entirely, let him set up a new threat rather than just get a participation ribbon for every event.

We dont need khadgar sending us to get bear asses or operating the magic door. give him time to focus on his own personal goals, the shadowlands arent within his scope as a character.
    how is it forcing? he's not in the story he's just here.

we are already having this stupid situation where he is afk while nzoth and azhara doing whatever they wish
    absence of such a strong characters nothing more than a plothole and they should played around.

story should be more like "Look, player, everyone is here. Mortal threat." not like "she attacks and if you lose you all are ded but that guy resting"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Have you ever seen the Harbingers cinematic? He does not consider himself nor he has the power of the Guardian
    medivh considers him as guardian

Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    I wish everyone thinked like this.
    Somehow people expect blizzard to give important roles in every story (xpacs) to ALL main characters existing in this game.
    I would just like us to get a hint at what they're up to. Maybe Jaina mentions that Khadgar is going through Mediev's tomes to see if there's anything about the Shadowlands and just leave it at that. Just little things to let us know that [Major character] is still alive during this period.

medivh considers him as guardian
    He might be "a guardian" but he is not "the Guardian of Tirisfal". The powers of the Guardian must be bestowed upon him for that.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Guardian_of_Tirisfal

He might be "a guardian" but he is not "the Guardian of Tirisfal". The powers of the Guardian must be bestowed upon him for that.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Guardian_of_Tirisfal
    "After the events of Return to Karazhan, Medivh refers to Khadgar as the new Guardian of Tirisfal, but Khadgar refuses the position.[5] Medivh counters, however, by stating that it's not power that makes a Guardian, but courage and a just heart, qualities he says make Khadgar a far greater Guardian than himself."

it's about semantics and shit writing again.

"After the events of Return to Karazhan, Medivh refers to Khadgar as the new Guardian of Tirisfal, but Khadgar refuses the position.[5] Medivh counters, however, by stating that it's not power that makes a Guardian, but courage and a just heart, qualities he says make Khadgar a far greater Guardian than himself."

it's about semantics and shit writing again.
    Sometimes I facepalm at Blizzard's cheesy dialogs.

In any case, he doesn't have the official tittle because "mortals must band together"

i don't want him to come back ever. I hated all his puns and dad jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHR View Post
    I really don't trust Christie or Blizzard with my boi at this point so let him chill in Karazhan..
    What about a Karazhan expansion? Where we find out Kara is as big as a whole planet and we end up exploring it!

Well, it is time of the boomers.

Bring on Dadgar.
    Unreason and anti-intellectualism abominate thought. Thinking implies disagreement; and disagreement implies nonconformity; and nonconformity implies heresy; and heresy implies disloyalty — so, obviously, thinking must be stopped. But shouting is not a substitute for thinking and reason is not the subversion but the salvation of freedom. - Adlai Stevenson

He is not the Guardian
    So, we just going to ignore the fact that 7.1 contradicts this? Or?

I hope not. But then again I'm probably one of few who doesnt like him.

how is it forcing? he's not in the story he's just here.

we are already having this stupid situation where he is afk while nzoth and azhara doing whatever they wish
    absence of such a strong characters nothing more than a plothole and they should played around.

story should be more like "Look, player, everyone is here. Mortal threat." not like "she attacks and if you lose you all are ded but that guy resting"
    Hes just there, bingo, thats forcing. If he doesn't add to the story then he doesn't belong.
    Honestly, if he becomes the protagonist of wow then i hope they kill him off, we dont need that.

I've found him to be one of the more agreeable story heroes, so yeah, I want him back and active again.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

They wrote him out by having him travel back to kara to look into how to save azeroth from the wound Sargeras made. Without him playing any role in BFA it won't make sense for him to appear. He's more about bc/legion lore/story.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    More like

Khadgar: Okay, what the fuck is happening this time?

The Player: Where the hell have you been? You could have PREVENTED THIS if you weren't sitting in kara DOING NOTHING for 2 years while Sylvanas was committing GENOCIDE and the world was BLEEDING TO DEATH while we were fighting AZSHARA and N'ZOTH.

Khadgar: ...Oh.
    Oh and by the way, the world is still bleeding to death, but the writers dropped that plot point to flail around (in the finest china shop bull manner) bouncing from Horde committing genocide, to sad trolls, to Azshara, to N'Zoth being free, back to Queen of Edgelords, to anime beaming N'Zoth, to QoE blowing a hole in the sky. Fuck it, they had no clue whatsoever what to do to fix the giant stab wound in Silithus. Oh well, off to Cheap Knockoff Scourge Land!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Oh and by the way, the world is still bleeding to death, but the writers dropped that plot point to flail around (in the finest china shop bull manner) bouncing from Horde committing genocide, to sad trolls, to Azshara, to N'Zoth being free, back to Queen of Edgelords, to anime beaming N'Zoth, to QoE blowing a hole in the sky. Fuck it, they had no clue whatsoever what to do to fix the giant stab wound in Silithus. Oh well, off to Cheap Knockoff Scourge Land!
    We've been working to stabilize the planet and thwart the factions trying to exploit the blood of Azeroth. The Heart Chamber has been demonstrably repaired by our efforts with Magni Bronzebeard and M.O.T.H.E.R.. While we might have saved Azeroth from dying, it's going to take a lot more to completely remove The Dark Titan's Sword. So long as we slow or stop the bleeding and buy Azeroth enough time to recover, I think we'll have won on that front.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    you're not supposed to kill someone unless they kill you first. it's common sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
    They wrote him out by having him travel back to kara to look into how to save azeroth from the wound Sargeras made.

Which makes exactly 0 sense since that's exactly why he should be IN the story... That's what Magni and M.O.T.H.E.R, as well as the Earthen Ring and Cenarion Circle have been doing this entire expansion, you'd think they would be working together.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Pretty much but remeber we are dealing with writers that can't avoid having to retcon things. But only way to combat this is to point it out to other players. Once enough see how bad it is. Things might change when book sales go down if people think whats written will later be retconned again. Making there purchase a waste of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Nenavn View Post
    We've been working to stabilize the planet and thwart the factions trying to exploit the blood of Azeroth. The Heart Chamber has been demonstrably repaired by our efforts with Magni Bronzebeard and M.O.T.H.E.R.. While we might have saved Azeroth from dying, it's going to take a lot more to completely remove The Dark Titan's Sword. So long as we slow or stop the bleeding and buy Azeroth enough time to recover, I think we'll have won on that front.
    The problem I have about the presentation is that story is completely sidelined by all the flailing around trying to find a main story. You only touch on it when you've farmed enough Azerite. Not exactly compelling or a particularly coherent way to go about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/