Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    I'm referring to the fact that Alliance refused to use warmode until they got a free item for it.
    And they still only turn it on for that anyways.
    Well then it's another reason why having a 7 days cooldown on Warmode is a great idea. You can't just enable it to get your reward and turn it off. You're stuck with it. Maybe 30 days cooldown would work even better.

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    Then keep Warmode off...

- - - Updated - - -

I dont understand the issue in what you're saying. What does "Alliance are pathetic hand-out whores" mean? Does it mean they they keep killing hordes or that they never want to fight the horde?
    He means they turn it on for invasions then go back and leave it off for the rest of the week in order to influence the system into accepting there are significantly fewer Alliance with war mode on than Horde so their bonus gets larger and they get the Against All Odds quest more often. Every Monday night if I log onto my Alliance bank alt there's people spamming in every chat channel to turn off war mode before you log off for the weekly calculation. No idea if this actually does anything, but some people believe it does and if there's enough people willing to go this far to game the system the idea of them being "hand-out whores" becomes more understandable.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    He means they turn it on for invasions then go back and leave it off for the rest of the week in order to influence the system into accepting there are significantly fewer Alliance with war mode on than Horde so their bonus gets larger and they get the Against All Odds quest more often. Every Monday night if I log onto my Alliance bank alt there's people spamming in every chat channel to turn off war mode before you log off for the weekly calculation. No idea if this actually does anything, but some people believe it does and if there's enough people willing to go this far to game the system the idea of them being "hand-out whores" becomes more understandable.
    Blizzard isn’t that stupid to let the system be abused like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Random question: When your WM is turned off, is the horde you see also those who have it off on their end?

I mean, do you only see those that have the same option as you do?
    WM players are in a separate shard from WM off players. You won’t see each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Blizzard isn’t that stupid to let the system be abused like that.

- - - Updated - - -

WM players are in a separate shard from WM off players. You won’t see each other.
    Yeah, I didn't buy the whole "there's one point in time each week Blizz looks at the numbers and calculates what the next week's bonus will be" this. But if large numbers of Alliance are only turning it on for invasions or the battle of Nazjatar and then turning it off all the rest of the time, while the Horde are either leaving it on or leaving if off and letting it alone for the most part I can't imagine it wouldn't make some kind of difference.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

lmao I didnt know about this. So yes a 30days cooldown on warmode would be a good solution.

Yeah, I didn't buy the whole "there's one point in time each week Blizz looks at the numbers and calculates what the next week's bonus will be" this. But if large numbers of Alliance are only turning it on for invasions or the battle of Nazjatar and then turning it off all the rest of the time, while the Horde are either leaving it on or leaving if off and letting it alone for the most part I can't imagine it wouldn't make some kind of difference.
    I’m sure it’s just actual participation numbers. Number of Alliance with WM on/off vs Horde on/off for the entire week. Doesn’t really need to be more complicated than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Leveld 2 twinks recently, one with the other without warmode, because I just forgot to turn it on, didn't even notice the difference. It may be crucial at the start of an expansion if you want to be max level as fast as possible, but honestly, those 20% are just bait. World PvP should have their own separate system with own rewards and WQ. Right now its only slightly faster leveling for one group of people Vs. a chance to gank low levels who can't fight back for the other.
    MMO-Champion Forum
    noun

1. a place where people who stopped playing World of Warcraft 10 years ago gather to tell those who still enjoy the game, how bad it is right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Because they dont want you to finish all the quests in a hub with warmode off, then go to the inn, reap the exp, and then turn it back off.
    That excuse is weak and you know it. They could have gotten around that by making quests give non-warmode rewards if the criteria for completion wasn't fully or majority checked off while in WM.

If someone kills 15/15 boars in WM then goes and turns it off, under my system, they'd get the war mode XP because they were IN war mode when the criteria was met. If they did the quest outside war mode then turning it on before handing in would also have no effect as the criteria was met outside war mode.

With this system, you wouldn't reap the rewards unduly, but you'd also have greater flexibility as to where you can enable war mode.
    Last edited by Will; 2019-11-06 at 07:31 PM.

Well then it's another reason why having a 7 days cooldown on Warmode is a great idea. You can't just enable it to get your reward and turn it off. You're stuck with it. Maybe 30 days cooldown would work even better.
    Yes, it would work for maybe the first week, if you're lucky then the first 2. Then you would have literally zero Alliance turning it on after that UNLESS you gave them like free Mythic raid loot for it or something.
    Which just breeds an even more toxic environment.

Honestly, I think the best way to make warmode work is a Battle for Nazjatar type system where you can eliminate shard-hopping. It only comes up when the sides are balanced and is actually a pretty fun warmode event when it's even.
    If only it had more useful rewards outside of battle commendations (which are useless) and conquest (which again is useless) I think we would have more participation.
    But as long as shard hopping is a thing it just won't work.

Yes, it would work for maybe the first week, if you're lucky then the first 2. Then you would have literally zero Alliance turning it on after that UNLESS you gave them like free Mythic raid loot for it or something.
    Which just breeds an even more toxic environment.

Honestly, I think the best way to make warmode work is a Battle for Nazjatar type system where you can eliminate shard-hopping. It only comes up when the sides are balanced and is actually a pretty fun warmode event when it's even.
    If only it had more useful rewards outside of battle commendations (which are useless) and conquest (which again is useless) I think we would have more participation.
    But as long as shard hopping is a thing it just won't work.
    Or maybe they should simply improve their sharding system. Where they change player layers per zone to try to always equalize the number of alliance and horde. Might be the perfect solution or a very bad one lol.

Or maybe they should simply improve their sharding system. Where they change player layers per zone to try to always equalize the number of alliance and horde. Might be the perfect solution or a very bad one lol.
    This is already how it works.

This is already how it works.
    I thought some realms had alliance with Warmode bonus and other realm where Horde had Warmode bonus. I thought they could use their sharding system to bring them together.

I thought some realms had alliance with Warmode bonus and other realm where Horde had Warmode bonus. I thought they could use their sharding system to bring them together.
    Warmode bonus is handed out on a continent wide level, not individual realm level.
    On EU the last time alliance wasn't 20%+ was in 8.1.5.

Warmode bonus is handed out on a continent wide level, not individual realm level.
    On EU the last time alliance wasn't 20%+ was in 8.1.5.
    I feel like no matter which solution Blizzard comes up with to solve an issue, the players find a flaw, then they exploit it and then start complaining that the game is broken. Somehow classic wow didnt have these problems. Looks like the more features they add, the more shit comes with it.

I feel like no matter which solution Blizzard comes up with to solve an issue, the players find a flaw, then they exploit it and then start complaining that the game is broken. Somehow classic wow didnt have these problems. Looks like the more features they add, the more shit comes with it.
    I dont why you turn this into a Classic praise. Classic had a shit ton more problems than current WoW. Alliance not participating in Warmode is only annoying, but it's a luxury we can complain about it as it's Just a minor issue.
    Plus its a player thing not a system thing.

I'm referring to the fact that Alliance refused to use warmode until they got a free item for it.
    And they still only turn it on for that anyways.
    Not true on my server at least.

IMO, Warmode was fantastic in BGA until the NAzjatar patch and flying, and now it's a total clusterfuck.

Also, the next expansion will have Alliance and Horde sharing zones and questing together again. Using warmode outside of a 5 man group just won't be worth it as you'l just be parmanatly battling or ganked/ganking the whole time.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    Seriously, I mean I was getting camped which I had no problem with on my Kul Tiran called Randymarsh and this rogue and Druid camped me and /spit on me. In the inn I clicked it off thinking I could turn it back on but now I have to fly to Stormwind to get muh 20% exp.
    If I'd knew your server I'd camp you too for that stupid post of yours.

I think it's pretty good as it is, but I would like to be able to toggle it on in any of the capital cities.

it would literally kill whatever wpvp we have now
    GOOD. PVP = annoying garbage that needs to go away.