Where will I be able to watch the Impeachment proceedings tomorrow. I do not have a TV, so im not sure what options I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    If anything it will encourage more “whistleblowers” (emphasis on quotation marks) to step forward. Democrats have laid out a pretty nice blue print of how to obstruct a presidency. It would be a shame if we didn’t return this in kind should the time come.

And you need to watch who the fuck you’re calling a pedophile. I’ll let the mods sort out your blatant violation of forum rules.
    No the Republicans already set up the perfect dictionary definition of obstruction with Obama. In fact McConnell proudly proclaimed how he considered it his mission to obstruct Obama's presidency. But ya keep calling a Constitutional procedure obstruction when your Republicans wrote the playbook.

- - - Updated - - -

The irony of a veteran being called unpatriotic on Veteran’s Day by someone who has likely spent the better part of his life playing video games.

I’ll take your flaming with a giant grain of salt.
    Wouldn't give two shits if you lost both your legs and were awarded the purple heart in combat if you are for breaking the law and put party over country.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomAgony View Post
    Where will I be able to watch the Impeachment proceedings tomorrow. I do not have a TV, so im not sure what options I have.
    C-Span should have a stream of it available

https://www.newsweek.com/fox-news-co...1064?piano_t=1

So a senior editor at The Federalist went onto Fox News and just blurted out the name of the alleged whistleblower on-air.

Even Fox hosts were shocked by this.

Make no bones about it, The Federalist can never claim to be the respectable conservative news outlet they once were. They're in the mud with Red State and the rest of the fringe garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.newsweek.com/fox-news-co...1064?piano_t=1

So a senior editor at The Federalist went onto Fox News and just blurted out the name of the alleged whistleblower on-air.

Even Fox hosts were shocked by this.

Make no bones about it, The Federalist can never claim to be the respectable conservative news outlet they once were. They're in the mud with Red State and the rest of the fringe garbage.
    Wait there were any conservative news outlets that were still respectable? Pretty sure they all sold their souls to promote and protect party and Trump over country.

Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    Wait there were any conservative news outlets that were still respectable? Pretty sure they all sold their souls to promote and protect party and Trump over country.
    Federalist and NRO maintained a level of respectability even as the rest of the US conservative movement was on the fast-track to the fringe right. Hell, NRO even posted a whole issue entitled "Against Trump".

Then they got a whiff of which way the political winds were blowing and decided to let the wind blow away their dignity so that they could continue getting clicks.

7+ Year Old Account
    The irony of a veteran being called unpatriotic on Veteran’s Day by someone who has likely spent the better part of his life playing video games.

Trump stole 2.8 million dollars he said was going to veteerans and instead put it in his campaign. He has admitted this. The fact that you stand up for trump even after that means that you’re either lying about being a veteran or self hating. Either way, whine elsewhere and continue being unpatriotic and advocating lawlessness.

- - - Updated - - -

"respectable" = Republicans that acquiesce to Democrats. Sorry, we're well beyond that.
    Yes, we know, “republicans” now a days hate veterans and advocate lawlessness.

"respectable" = Republicans that acquiesce to Democrats. Sorry, we're well beyond that.
    No respectable means not shilling for breaking the law or throwing out ethics and morals when it helps your party.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post

Yes, we know, “republicans” now a days hate veterans and advocate lawlessness.
    Don't forget supporting pedophiles for office.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...tting-n1080076

A federal judge on Monday dismissed President Donald Trump's lawsuit to prevent the House Ways and Means Committee from utilizing a recently passed New York law providing the panel an avenue to pursue his state tax returns.

Judge Carl Nichols of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia ruled that his court was not the proper jurisdiction to hear the case, leaving open the option that Trump sue New York officials instead. Nichols said his court did not have jurisdiction because the House Ways and Means Committee has not taken any action related to the new New York law.

In his lawsuit, Trump sued to preemptively block the House Ways and Means Committee from requesting the returns, New York Attorney General Letitia James from enforcing it the law, and to stop the New York Department of Taxation from furnishing the documents.

"Based on the current allegations, Mr. Trump has not met his burden of establishing personal jurisdiction over either of the New York Defendants," Nichols wrote. "The Court therefore need not reach the question of proper venue. Accordingly, the New York Defendants’ Motion to Dismiss is granted, and Mr. Trump’s Amended Complaint is dismissed without prejudice as to them."
    Trump's lawyers still fucking suck at their jobs. Rack up yet another in a long line of legal losses.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The military is significantly conservative/Republican. Further, there is no requirement that anyone respects your accusations. If you're all going to cite "federal law", (which isn't applicable in an impeachment the way you're using it) in America, we follow due process and people are innocent until proven guilty.
    Good to know you think Hillary is innocent of anything.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    That's not true, she's 100% guilty of being an elite globalist democrat who hatches lizardpeople eggs.

The truth is out there people.
    /s

The military is significantly conservative/Republican. Further, there is no requirement that anyone respects your accusations. If you're all going to cite "federal law", (which isn't applicable in an impeachment the way you're using it) in America, we follow due process and people are innocent until proven guilty.
    Except in the case of an impeachment inquiry. Which is a political function not a legal one where no one is on trial. Or you know like the legal function of a grand jury inquiry where the exact same thing happens because it's about finding information for a trial.

But then being factual and arguing in good faith are not clothes you wear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    I would like to know his opinions during that time. I got about as far back as this guy supporting a pedophile and realised he's full of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.

Fine, I will play my veteran card too. Now they cancel out. Now lets get on with our lives without resorting to claiming some sort of bullshit privilege because of a job we used to have.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/11/u....co/iiqmaDOWDe

Interesting, Bolton doesn't want Mulvaney joining his lawsuit to see if needs to testify or not. Guess their feud continues -

A long-simmering feud within the White House broke into the open on Monday as a lawyer for John R. Bolton, President Trump’s former national security adviser, filed a motion trying to keep Mick Mulvaney, the president’s acting chief of staff, from joining a lawsuit over impeachment testimony.

Mr. Bolton’s lawyer argued in court papers that Mr. Mulvaney should not be allowed to jump into the existing lawsuit as a plaintiff because his interests are significantly different. But the legal schism underscored a broader rift between Mr. Mulvaney, who facilitated Mr. Trump’s effort to pressure Ukraine for damaging information about Democrats, and Mr. Bolton, who tried to resist it.

Not only did the motion from Mr. Bolton’s camp seek to keep Mr. Mulvaney out of the lawsuit, it even advanced an argument that the acting chief of staff may have to testify before House impeachment investigators. The motion noted that in a briefing with reporters last month, Mr. Mulvaney appeared “to admit that there was a quid pro quo” before later trying to take back the admission, meaning that he might not have the right to defy a House subpoena since he had already discussed the matter in public.

10+ Year Old Account
    What you said is exactly what I was saying. They keep on throwing around my supposed disrespect for federal law as if this is a traditional criminal trial. I was saying that it wasn’t applicable in the same way in an impeachment. Even if we were talking about a tradition criminal trial, there would be due process.

People on this forum are trying to have it both ways with their confusion and then you come along trying to “correct” me with the very thing I said.
    Largely because you're arguing from a nonsense position in which Trump is "not getting due process".

He is. The House voted on it, there will be public hearings, and the GOP have ample opportunity to waste time with their nonsense questions.

Your issue is that the inquiry is happening at all because, shocker, you don't think it's a bad thing when a Republican tries to bribe a foreign head of government to interfere in US elections.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I’m not throwing out any cards, I was just laughing at how unseriously I take some internet rando on a gaming forum attacking my patriotism when I have 10 years worth of deployments to back up my shit compared to his Call of Duty ranks. Kekw
    Serving in the military is not a patriot registration card.

It's employment, like any other. Patriotism is a function of ideology, and people who believe bribery for the purposes of interfering in an election is acceptable are not patriots.

They may as well be Soviets, honestly.

- - - Updated - - -

He asked a leader of a foreign government to hold true to their campaign promise and investigate corruption in their country. Not Trump’s fault the Biden’s were being corrupt in Ukraine or that Biden’s largely failing to run for President.
    Cool.

Doesn't excuse the bribery, though.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry the people that make the decision on that aren’t going to agree with you. Keep shouting it at the moon.
    Yes, but that doesn't change the fact that what you're doing here is conceding that yes - Trump did attempt to bribe the head of Ukraine's government - but you don't think that's sufficient to remove him from office, despite it being an explicitly impeachable offense.

You aren't defending his actions, here, just reinforcing how lawless and corrupt the Republican Party has actually become.

I’m glad to know that you think the military is just a job. Says a lot about how clueless you are about the subject at hand.
    It is. It's a nasty, underpaid, highly damaging job for most involved. But so is customer service, or healthcare work.

I'm curious why so many people buy into the cult of militarism in the US when it doesn't actually seem to result in better outcomes for veterans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post

Doesn't excuse the bribery, though.
    Not to play semantics, but withholding resources unless X does Y is a lot closer to extortion than bribery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    It is.

It's a nasty, underpaid, highly damaging job for most involved. But so is customer service, or healthcare work.

I'm curious why so many people buy into the cult of militarism in the US when it doesn't actually seem to result in better outcomes for veterans.
    This is what I wonder as well. I don't think any other western country has this military worship.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    He asked a leader of a foreign government to hold true to their campaign promise and investigate corruption in their country. Not Trump’s fault the Biden’s were being corrupt in Ukraine or that Biden’s largely failing to run for President.
    He withheld money in exchange for personal gain. Bribery and extortion. Why are you so confused about this? Trump confessed on live television.