Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How are the Undead gonna work in Shadowlands?

How are the Undead gonna work in Shadowlands? I mean they died as human/elf/whatever and are then raised as undead. Are they gonna meet the original soul that belongs to the body or something? And dying of an undead character in Shadowlands can be interesting too.

What do you think?

Aren't the playable undead all humans? And it's their own soul that still inhabits them, trapped between life and death, so there is no 'original soul', it's still them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmmm? The Forsaken still have their own souls. They are no different from any other race in this regard.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

the Undead still have their souls attached to their rotten bodies by necromantic magics, hence UNdead, not just..dead

7+ Year Old Account
    Nope that's not how the Forsaken work at all

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    How are the Undead gonna work in Shadowlands? I mean they died as human/elf/whatever and are then raised as undead. Are they gonna meet the original soul that belongs to the body or something? And dying of an undead character in Shadowlands can be interesting too.

What do you think?
    The ones of free will holds their souls. The ones that Sylvanas were to make puppets, well, I guess they wouldn't be much different than a walking empty shell - more a nightmare for the soul than the body.

Now, your theory hits one (1) person the most, Nathanos. For he's not in his own body.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    The forsaken have their own souls.

They don't possess a strangers body.

Formerly known as Arafal

How are they gonna work?

Probably wake up at 6 am, take a shower and then put the coffee on as they check emails. The drive to work will be slowed down by that road maintenance that has been there for 5 years now but eventually get there. After work is done they ride back home and log onto play their favorite game Undead of the worldcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    The forsaken have their own souls.

They don't possess a strangers body.
    Except Nathanos..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Except Nathanos..
    It's not exactly gonna be any different for him either....

Especially not with his nephew being stuck in the Maw like everyone else.

Formerly known as Arafal

Except Nathanos..
    Is Sylvanas in her body? Or someone else? Given she used to have a glowy banshee body.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Is Sylvanas in her body?
    Yes... It is her body.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    It's not exactly gonna be any different for him either....

Especially not with his nephew being stuck in the Maw like everyone else.
    Well, on the argument, I guess all who are stuck in the maw are lesser mortal souls, and not Wild Gods.

But yes, but since Sylvanas is in the maw technically too, doing her 'thing', ;I can imagine some conflict with Nathanos wanting to arrive, none will trust him on Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Is Sylvanas in her body? Or someone else? Given she used to have a glowy banshee body.
    Sylvanas managed to have her own body preserved for use.

3+ Year Old Account

What do you think?
    Blizzard literally made them not undead out of nowhere, they can do whatever they want and ignore all forms of logic. Maybe undead will be dolphins in the Shadowlands, it's absolutely impossible to guess what Blizzard will do. Most likely they will entirely ignore that undeads are undead and will just keep on thinking "forsakens" are not really dead or some idiotic bullshit.

The ones of free will holds their souls. The ones that Sylvanas were to make puppets, well, I guess they wouldn't be much different than a walking empty shell - more a nightmare for the soul than the body.

Now, your theory hits one (1) person the most, Nathanos. For he's not in his own body.
    Well we also learn that Forsaken exchange body parts for better/new ones since their old ones decay. So it might not be that clear cut tbh.

Also Nathanos body isn't really not his either. His body is some kind of merge between his old original one and his nephews' which was consumed in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/story/short-story/dark-mirror#tab=3
    Then it struck him that the visage he looked upon was not entirely his own. He turned toward the second ritual table, empty save for a bit of ash and a few stains of oily residue. The paladin's armaments, once diligently polished, lay scuffed and strewn about the floor. Nathanos told himself they were merely the detritus of a fallen enemy. Only that and nothing more
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

What do you think?
    I think you don’t understand how they work at all

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldfire989 View Post
    I think you don’t understand how they work at all
    At least OP has the decency to ask about whatever stuff he/she doesn't know, much unlike Golden, who evidently didn't like (or simply didn't understand) Forsaken lore, so she simply retconned a 15 years old tale with the stroke of her pen, so that Forsaken could bask in Human Potential™ forever and ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

There's undead, which still have their souls, either in control or being puppeted, forced to watch their actions as they kill and eat their own families and all that jazz. Then there's bone constructs which are just puppets and magic, but blizzard have never been clear where the line is on which is which unless they talk.

Forsaken, Death Knights, those all have their souls and control of their bodies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

They are soulbound I believe, their soul is denied travel to the shadowlands and they are bound to their corpse/a corpse and that keeps them anchored to the world

Their souls were in Shadowlands but they they were returned to the body using various methods. After this, although lore wise they are more resiliant and harder to kill they can still die and their sould will go back to Shadowlands. So as death is concered they work the same as any other race. And the same thing will apply as to any other race when they die in shadowlands. If you watch some videos there's light and you appear infront a spirit healer that is in physical form and you are a shapeless soul instead of your character just transparent.

Becasue that's another thing, all the souls in Shadowlands are shapeless they only appear as their living forms for people that knew them.

Also I think that all forsaken souls would come from that Necrolord zone.