Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    The fuck does it matter, shareholders are stock holders. Not cash holders.

The more money blizzard make, the more development they can make. It’s like every other company in the world.

If you are soo thin skinned that a cosmetic shop gets you nervous then boycott blizzard.
    No Blizzard is cutting content in exchange for microtransaction revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Out of curiosity, what proof do you have that they are cutting content for the in-game shop items? It sounds like you are saying by making 1 store mount they cut out a dungeon, etc. That most definitely isn't the case. If anything it was a mount that was lost in the process, but odds are these are things that the artists and developers make in their spare time, at home or something else so it isn't really cutting into things.

If you have some magical proof that it's cutting into a lot more then do please share. Otherwise it's just exaggerating to get others to see your point.

I really don't mind store mounts at all, unless they interfere with what's available in game.

The "Heart of the Aspects" mount was clearly meant to be a top raid achievement mount. The achievement has the same name and the same icon as the mount. At some point they switched to get some more money.

Reavers are EVERYWHERE in Draenor and used as mounts by multiple different groups (and a boss or two). Likewise the Fey Dragon is used as the flight path mount for most of the Alliance experience. It's was a bit of a pisstake these two being store mounts when in game they gave us such half-assed offering (the boar doesn't even have a running animation ffs) and kept adding the same mounts as rewards again and again in slightly different colours.

If a mount is connected to the game content strongly, they should at least add alternatives in game imo. Like how the "Runesaber" was in the store, but they added alternative manasabers as they were so prominent to the Nightborne experience.

Things like the celestialsteed, wingsteed, guardian etc then yeah whatever.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

15+ Year Old Account
    I can remember the exact day and moment I stopped caring about mounts.
    It was after I had just got Tribute to Insanity and lost the roll for the wolf, the best looking mount I've ever seen and the only one I ever truly wanted (other than the albino unarmored raptor).

I wanted both of them really bad before they became unobtainable, my friend used to mount on his albino and tease me with it. Once you go through that, believe me, you will scrub the desire from your brain.
    (I also attempted shots at the black drake but you had to be so on your stuff to get it and I hadn't even played the game since SSC/TK.)

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    I wanted both of them really bad before they became unobtainable, my friend used to mount on his albino and tease me with it. Once you go through that, believe me, you will scrub the desire from your brain.
    That's another topic entirely, but I absolutely hate things being removed from the game. I think it's dumb and there isn't any reason for it at all. No it doesn't make it an accomplishment if you got and make you special (as the devs like to point out). I always think of it like this, you buy any other game for $60 and then a year or two later they go through and start removing things from your game through updates. Now when you go to play it something that use to be there is no longer there. Wouldn't you be irritated? Think if you got the game a year or two later only after things were removed.

This is also a huge problem for new people and turn off a lot of new players. It's not just levels or anything, they look and see someone has this or that and they ask where they got it and their response is "It's removed". That demoralizes some people and makes them wonder what is the point of playing if things are just going to be removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    That's another topic entirely, but I absolutely hate things being removed from the game. I think it's dumb and there isn't any reason for it at all. No it doesn't make it an accomplishment if you got and make you special (as the devs like to point out). I always think of it like this, you buy any other game for $60 and then a year or two later they go through and start removing things from your game through updates. Now when you go to play it something that use to be there is no longer there. Wouldn't you be irritated? Think if you got the game a year or two later only after things were removed.

This is also a huge problem for new people and turn off a lot of new players. It's not just levels or anything, they look and see someone has this or that and they ask where they got it and their response is "It's removed". That demoralizes some people and makes them wonder what is the point of playing if things are just going to be removed.
    Not sure what makes people think they deserve to have mounts when content is absolote and non challenging at all. Like you go inyo instance solo entire thing so yes rewards should be owned only by people what were doinh content when it was current.

Not sure what makes people think they deserve to have mounts when content is absolote and non challenging at all. Like you go inyo instance solo entire thing so yes rewards should be owned only by people what were doinh content when it was current.
    By that logic every piece of gear, toy, pet, mount, etc needs to be removed from the game unless it's obtained from 120. I mean everything else is trivial so they don't deserve it. Or to go back to my prior analogy, you bought a game a year later and they removed things through update. Too bad you bought it a year later so it's fine that it's removed too, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Eh. Doesn't matter. It's optional.
    Yes it if they start to add unique mount to shop and in game is recolored old mounts

15+ Year Old Account
    To shareholders not development. Next time you ask why is there so little content, why we didnt get new class or race. Look into your mount tab becouse that shop mount you bought is propably reason. Blizzard doesnt have to spend resources on developing new content to keep players playing. You can also just let them leave and counter it with in game microtransation. Less spendings on the game and profit is still same or even higher.
    So what class or race did past shop mounts stop us from getting? Exactly.

- - - Updated - - -

What content has been cut? But I am guessing you can't, or won't, and it is just more of this: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Ray_D._Tear
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Shop has 14 mounts (since some mounts got removed recently) and only 5 are from BFA, even taking into account promotion mounts (2) and 15 anniversary mount (1). There are other 3 retired from shop mounts and 1 from promotions (tyrael's charger) so it's 5 out of 18. Not even close.

Also while shop mounts are pretty good, there are actually far more mounts available in game that are great, like Jaina one, Worldbreaker, Hivemind...
    Last edited by Baleful; 2019-11-10 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Paying for expacs and a sub and theres a cash shop. It's ridiculous.

I hate that people just bend over and take it with the "its optional" shit. Removing things from a game to sell, Absolutely pathetic the state of gaming now. I can't wait for the next crash so we can clear out a few of these greedy corporations.

- - - Updated - - -

Idling is one thing, removing mounts from the game to sell is another.
    Plain and simple. They haven't jacked with sub pricing in 15 years. If they want to sell mounts to supplement income, by all means. Sell away. But I'm sure you'd beore than fine if they just removed store mounts and tokens and jacked everyone's sub up to 25 bucks a month

7+ Year Old Account
    They can add 100 store mounts I will never buy one nor I ever did. The only one I have is dreadwake from buying 6 months sub, paid for by gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have three of them all without paying a penny :P

they make a ton of money off cosmetics and services. no one really cares. you are not forced to buy anything, and none of it has an effect on your gameplay. I dare say they make more off services and cosmetics than they do off subscriptions.. so you can expect that trend to continue and increase for all future games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Optional Cosmetic Feature is optional. Honestly i wish they would have more variety of things available. Give me POE style wings or glows (though not to the eyecancer level that some POE ones go to). I like supporting games that i enjoy, and if i had something i was interested in i would buy it.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Optional Cosmetic Feature is optional.
    With that logic and die hard fans defending Blizzard on everything it's a wonder Blizzard doesn't already charge extra for higher graphic settings.
    "Potato mode is free, if you want stunning visuals you better pay up!"

OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    With that logic and die hard fans defending Blizzard on everything it's a wonder Blizzard doesn't already charge extra for higher graphic settings.
    "Potato mode is free, if you want stunning visuals you better pay up!"
    Never seen someone define a mount or cosmetic character appearance as graphics fidelity....it's almost like they are two entirely unrelated features................ I don't see anyone crying foul with FF14 and its cosmetics, but if blizzard wants to make a single pony or dragon "SHAME SHAME SHAME!" People need a new hobby other than crying on forums.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Never seen someone define a mount or cosmetic character appearance as graphics fidelity....it's almost like they are two entirely unrelated features................ I don't see anyone crying foul with FF14 and its cosmetics, but if blizzard wants to make a single pony or dragon "SHAME SHAME SHAME!" People need a new hobby other than crying on forums.
    Exactly this FFXIV shoves the shop literally in your face but people pretend this is fine

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    Exactly this FFXIV shoves the shop literally in your face but people pretend this is fine
    It's the hypocrisy of these forums. If Blizzard does it "EVIL!", if literally anyone else does it, "hm, that is a pretty good idea". Fuck you can't log into FF14 without some sort of cash shop info.