10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    PSA: In case no one has mentioned it yet:

Be VERY CAREFUL about purchasing "bundled" or "Black Friday" deals for the Switch this year. The $299 bundle that comes with a digital DL of mario kart deluxe 8 is being packaged with the OLD switch model with the terrible battery life. They're trying to clear their stock of old models by making it look appealing in a deal (and not being forthcoming about it).

I'm in the process of looking for a Switch to purchase, hoping to get a nice holiday deal, but ATM its not looking so hot for me.
    I bought the old version for £100 cheaper than the new one (£170), considering i intend to use it win a similar way to my consoles/ pc ie. never outside my house, i can say that's well worth it :S

1) Beating the game in under 15 hours is not that difficult. I beat SuMo in 10 hours and BW2 in 12. If you skip everything, then of course you'll beat it quickly. Pokemon games have never been long or challenging.

2) Having escape rope as a key item is good - not sure what the issue is here.

Everything else looks like trash unfortunately - wailord scaling, backgrounds making no sense (or not existing at all), no day / night cycle, no GTS, etc. I don't see how anybody can defend this trash - it amazes me that a series this old and popular can't consistently keep basic shit in it from one game to the next.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Holy shit what?

These games just keep getting worse and worse.

Digimon Cyber Sleuth took me over 50 hours to beat. Now the combined playtime is over 110 hours and I still haven't beaten Hacker's Memory.
    oh it keeps getting worse

-Most fights are one shots, even skipping most trainers you quickly overlevel things but still cant catch pokemon lower level than you without the next badge so dont explore, rush to the next gym!
    -average of 3 trainers per route
    -few caves
    -no elite four
    -no victory road
    -2 hours of post game content
    -over 100 moves removed including stuff like hidden power which suggests they cut the number of pokemon because they couldn't be arsed to redo the movelist for them, including stuff like unknown which would only know struggle now.
    -final 'tournament' that replaces elite four is one trainer then the champion who just uses gigantamax charizard "the most popular pokemon" as its called in game

I think this is straight up an unfinished game and we are going to be sold it again in 12 months.

They're trying to clear their stock of old models by making it look appealing in a deal (and not being forthcoming about it)..
    They are being forthcoming about it though... which is why we know this. It literally says it on Nintendo's own site and holiday buying guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    They are being forthcoming about it though... which is why we know this. It literally says it on Nintendo's own site and holiday buying guide.
    Can't say for certain, just know that the one I saw in a Target Ad mentioned nothing about it, nor did it even list the model number.

Well stores not being forthcoming about it is not Nintendo's fault though, some shops also did this at the very first dates of the V2 being released.

But we know from various sources in small print its the old model so if you get fked over by a shop now by just ordering without doing research that's frankly on you and not on Nintendo.

I'm also happy I been avoiding spoilers about the new pokemon games and now I open this topic and there is a giant list of them posted in the open, shoutout to our bro dope_danny, that was pretty dope Pepega.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    1) Beating the game in under 15 hours is not that difficult. I beat SuMo in 10 hours and BW2 in 12. If you skip everything, then of course you'll beat it quickly. Pokemon games have never been long or challenging.

2) Having escape rope as a key item is good - not sure what the issue is here.

Everything else looks like trash unfortunately - wailord scaling, backgrounds making no sense (or not existing at all), no day / night cycle, no GTS, etc. I don't see how anybody can defend this trash - it amazes me that a series this old and popular can't consistently keep basic shit in it from one game to the next.
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    oh it keeps getting worse

-Most fights are one shots, even skipping most trainers you quickly overlevel things but still cant catch pokemon lower level than you without the next badge so dont explore, rush to the next gym!
    -average of 3 trainers per route
    -few caves
    -no elite four
    -no victory road
    -2 hours of post game content
    -over 100 moves removed including stuff like hidden power which suggests they cut the number of pokemon because they couldn't be arsed to redo the movelist for them, including stuff like unknown which would only know struggle now.
    -final 'tournament' that replaces elite four is one trainer then the champion who just uses gigantamax charizard "the most popular pokemon" as its called in game

I think this is straight up an unfinished game and we are going to be sold it again in 12 months.
    jesus fuck for real? not even a day/night cycle? fucking hell
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Am I the only one not bothered with no night/day cycles in Pokemon?

Quote Originally Posted by Chinese Bootlickers View Post
    Probably not. But it's pretty standard in the triple-A gaming world these days, has been for a number of years too.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

On the surface level, it's not **that** big a deal, but it does break immersion, removes evolution / encounter mechanics, and was a "feature" that all previous games bar gen 3 had. Why remove it? It also begs the question, what will future games remove? Is everything up for cutting? At this point, I could seem them removing trainer customization at some point "because".

Can't say for certain, just know that the one I saw in a Target Ad mentioned nothing about it, nor did it even list the model number.
    And how is Nintendo to blame for individual store ads? On their site with that bundle it literally tells you it's the old model, how do you think people know about it in the first place when it's not available to buy yet?

The fact that at one point we have had a night>dawn>day>dusk and winter>spring>summer>autumn system that affected spawns, farmable items and appearance and more and its all scrapped for what feels like a game that was being made for mobile before the switch was announced is kind of a huge step down. The entire original appeal of Pokemon was a monster raising sim rpg in a world where kids go on this big on foot road trip grand tour for a summer or something and the first handful of sequels kept adding great new ideas to flesh it out like the radio that lured in rare bug pokemon and stuff and thats all been replaced by the square route of fuck all and that sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    The fact that at one point we have had a night>dawn>day>dusk and winter>spring>summer>autumn system that affected spawns, farmable items and appearance and more and its all scrapped for what feels like a game that was being made for mobile before the switch was announced is kind of a huge step down. The entire original appeal of Pokemon was a monster raising sim rpg in a world where kids go on this big on foot road trip grand tour for a summer or something and the first handful of sequels kept adding great new ideas to flesh it out like the radio that lured in rare bug pokemon and stuff and thats all been replaced by the square route of fuck all and that sucks.
    Well if they went with real weather in this region it would be rain 98% of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Well if they went with real weather in this region it would be rain 98% of time.
    IF I CAN DEAL WITH THE TOWN DOWN THE ROAD WASHING AWAY THIS WEEK IRL I CAN DEAL WITH IT INGAME, WE HOENN 2: TEABOOGALOO, probably.

And how is Nintendo to blame for individual store ads? On their site with that bundle it literally tells you it's the old model, how do you think people know about it in the first place when it's not available to buy yet?
    Its showing up in store ads, you don't have to look at the nintendo website to find the sale. Nintendo is still responsible for adequately advertising their products even in stores.

Edit: Just looked for the official Nintendo advertisement. Watched the 30 sec commercial, no indication that its a gen 1 console. Tried to go to the link in the description (https://vault.noa.nintendo.com/sites...s/default.aspx) for more info, link is dead.

They put some fine print at the bottom of the ad that says "Contains model XXXXXXX switch with battery life 2.5-6.5 hours" that isn't really being forthcoming, still taking advantage of people who aren't aware that there is a different, newer model (so basically all parents buying a device for their kid)
    Last edited by Alcsaar; 2019-11-12 at 03:13 AM.

Its showing up in store ads, you don't have to look at the nintendo website to find the sale. Nintendo is still responsible for adequately advertising their products even in stores.
    Nintendo is not responsible for store ads. You think they're legally responsible for what Target or Walmart prints? lol.

They put some fine print at the bottom of the ad that says "Contains model XXXXXXX switch with battery life 2.5-6.5 hours" that isn't really being forthcoming, still taking advantage of people who aren't aware that there is a different, newer model (so basically all parents buying a device for their kid)
    https://happyholidays.nintendo.com/deals/ Anyone without vision problems should clearly be able to read this, and if they can't then hopefully they have vision on their health insurance.

And fine print is legal for a reason. Sounds like you want something to be mad about. Black Friday is about clearing out old stock, what do you think those cheap ass TVs people fight over are? Old models. This is why it exists in the first place.

It's good to give a PSA about it(which I did on the page before you did...) but why are you so angry about it and talking about Nintendo not being forthcoming about it? Again, we know it's the older model because Nintendo said it is. How the hell do you get more forthcoming then that? You also know what, the people that wouldn't pay attention to such a thing probably also won't know or care that there is a switch with longer battery life either. Just likely buying a Switch for their kids with MK, they don't give a shit.

You're acting like Nintendo pulled a fast one here and people wouldn't know it was the older model until they bought it and started playing it lol.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-11-12 at 05:28 AM.

Nintendo is not responsible for store ads. You think they're legally responsible for what Target or Walmart prints? lol.

https://happyholidays.nintendo.com/deals/ Anyone without vision problems should clearly be able to read this, and if they can't then hopefully they have vision on their health insurance.

And fine print is legal for a reason. Sounds like you want something to be mad about. Black Friday is about clearing out old stock, what do you think those cheap ass TVs people fight over are? Old models. This is why it exists in the first place.

It's good to give a PSA about it(which I did on the page before you did...) but why are you so angry about it and talking about Nintendo not being forthcoming about it? Again, we know it's the older model because Nintendo said it is. How the hell do you get more forthcoming then that? You also know what, the people that wouldn't pay attention to such a thing probably also won't know or care that there is a switch with longer battery life either. Just likely buying a Switch for their kids with MK, they don't give a shit.

You're acting like Nintendo pulled a fast one here and people wouldn't know it was the older model until they bought it and started playing it lol.
    They literally gave a psa as a warning to those who didn’t know and you as usual jumped down their throat because of minute little details. Get over it. The main detail they were warning of, which had no aggressive inflection at all, still stands. Nor did they even mention Nintendo being at fault in their original post. You threw that one out there and proceeded to shove it down their throat instead...

Quote Originally Posted by Farath View Post
    They literally gave a psa as a warning to those who didn’t know and you as usual jumped down their throat because of minute little details. Get over it. The main detail they were warning of, which had no aggressive inflection at all, still stands. Nor did they even mention Nintendo being at fault in their original post. You threw that one out there and proceeded to shove it down their throat instead...
    I gave the same PSA on the last page without accusing Nintendo of "not being forthcoming about it" it's not exactly hard to do. We know it's the old model because Nintendo says it is, that's literally the definition of "forthcoming".
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-11-12 at 06:54 AM.

I gave the same PSA on the last page without accusing Nintendo of "not being forthcoming about it" it's not exactly hard to do. We know it's the old model because Nintendo says it is, that's literally the definition of "forthcoming".
    They never made mention of Nintendo. They literally used the word "they" and later clarified that it specifically meant Target. Again, the main detail of the PSA still stands and is useful information, even if it was posted already. Half the people in this thread would probably have you blocked, because of the way you act, and likely didn't see it because of that. I know I sure as hell didn't...

Sword and Shield are absolutely terrible games.

So many glaring issues.
    How is any of this acceptable is beyond me.