15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    There was solid evidence on Clinton, Holder, etc. Still got some stuff coming from IG Horowitz about that. Stay tuned.
    Not in the least, but this is just a deflection anyway. No talk about Trump in your post. Stay on topic. I know attempting to talk about anything other than Trump's crimes is the only strategy the alt-right has, but it's not gonna fly.

- - - Updated - - -

He's got some more court appointing to do in the meantime.
    At least you're revealing that all you care about is packing federal courts with deeply conservative judges. It makes all your posts about Obama appointing "activist" judges all the more delicious. Especially considering all of the judges Obama appointed or nominated were middle of the road moderates.

But once you're so far right, the middle of the road looks really far left when you're two miles off road.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Not in the least, but this is just a deflection anyway. No talk about Trump in your post. Stay on topic. I know attempting to talk about anything other than Trump's crimes is the only strategy the alt-right has, but it's not gonna fly.

- - - Updated - - -

At least you're revealing that all you care about is packing federal courts with deeply conservative judges. It makes all your posts about Obama appointing "activist" judges all the more delicious. Especially considering all of the judges Obama appointed or nominated were middle of the road moderates.

But once you're so far right, the middle of the road looks really far left when you're two miles off road.
    now now they are conservative judges they are regressive judges

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    @Sulla

to add on to this, when the next democrat president diverts money from the military for climate change related projects? or declares guns a national emergency or the 20 other ridiculous things Trump has done that you are the cult cheered on but would be screaming about if it was a democrat

your hypocrisy and only caring about getting activist regressive judges appointed at any cost is well known.
    I have a funny /crazy aside about this.

Years ago, before everyone went there went nuts and the site owners purged anti-Trump, I used to post sometimes on RedState. And there was one story I couldn't believe even came up.

Power generation at remote bases has been a concern to the Department of Defense for some time. Petroleum-based fuel sources - gasoline, diesel, jet-fuel - is in many ways a miracle substance. It's stable at a wide range of temperatures. It's cheap. It has tremendous energy density. But it's also finite. You need to have your generators refueled. That means truck convoys from friendly neighboring countries or neighboring areas in places like Afghanistan and Iraq. Which opens those convoys up to what? Regular attack by attackers who anticipate that the Forward Operating Base will need fuel.

This has only grown in importance as more energy-hungry electronics have been introduced into the arsenal.

So what's the Pentagon do? They decide to start spending big money on developing and testing portable and rapidly deployable solar power with batteries for storage. Thought being: a good idea to cutting that vulnerability and providing guaranteed energy in a conflict zone is to rely on an inexhaustible, power source. That means the sun or nuclear, and they sure as heck aren't doing nuclear. This is even more crucial because while supply lines are semi-reliable when you're under attack by "only" insurgents, they'll be far less reliable in a fight against Russia or China. And who knows when those electronics will get a chance to recharge.

This is objectively a good idea right? To make far flung units energy self sufficient to decrease their vulnerability to being cut off.

Those maniacs at Red State would not have. They went up and down about how it was the Obama Administration introducing their weird social engineering policies into the military. How it was just another sign of political infiltration of the armed forces. How it was coming at the expense of REAL warfighting needs. You can imagine it. Pretty much, the words "solar" and "green" made them hate it. The fact it is a militarily good idea on the surface wasn't even a consideration. They said the same thing about when the Navy and Air Force experimented with biofuels (reliable access to oil is a major military concern during wartime, as World War II illustrated, because oil makes things go).

However it was explained to them - and you've seen my posts I'm sure. I'm pretty comprehensive - they didn't see any of this as the military reducing a potential vulnerability in a conflict when supplies are NOT ensured. They saw it was run away lefty environmentalism wrecking the US military.

The good news is the Pentagon has continued to develop this stuff, because they aren't fooling around. But it was a hilariously stupid outrage-du-jour, because those Red State knuckledraggers were arguing against making the US military more survivable in a big fight because they didn't like the politics of it.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/hous...ry?id=66916483

That didn't last long. Mulvaney is already withdrawing his attempt to join Bolton and Kupperman in their lawsuit to figure out if they need to testify or not.

Democrats have laid out a pretty nice blue print of how to obstruct a presidency.
    You can obstruct failure?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Democrats have laid out a pretty nice blue print of how to obstruct a presidency.
    Nah, one already existed. It's called the constitution.

The name of the "whistleblower" is common knowledge among those who have a reason to care and easily found even if you don't already know. There is nothing shocking about anyone saying the person's name, unless you're living in a world of make-believe where you think it will have any significant affect on anything.
    There's a reason to care about the name? Tell us why the name is so important, I mean we know you want answer that but one can dream.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Or do you refuse to concede there will ever be another liberal president?
    Actually this a good question.

Because it may be awhile with the way the country's attitudes are changing.

What you said is exactly what I was saying. They keep on throwing around my supposed disrespect for federal law as if this is a traditional criminal trial. I was saying that it wasn’t applicable in the same way in an impeachment. Even if we were talking about a tradition criminal trial, there would be due process.

People on this forum are trying to have it both ways with their confusion and then you come along trying to “correct” me with the very thing I said.
    It's a inquiry. There is no such thing a due process there. All it is is a fact finding procedure nothing more. Even in a criminal trial there is no due process to a grand jury inquiry. It's just seeking out information to proceed with a case or determine there is not for a case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again, it's time for Guess the Speaker!

Mr. Trump bears the burden of establishing personal jurisdiction, but his allegations do not establish that the District of Columbia’s long-arm statute is satisfied here with respect to either Defendant
    "Um...is that one of the plaintiffs in one of the many lawsuits against Trump?"

Close. It's a judge.

Shortly after the New York law was enacted, Trump filed a lawsuit in his personal capacity in an effort to prevent House Democrats from obtaining his state returns. The amended version of the lawsuit named as defendants the New York officials, the Ways and Means Committee, Neal and a Ways and Means Committee aide.

The New York officials filed a motion to dismiss the case in August, arguing that the federal court in D.C. doesn't have jurisdiction over them. Trump urged Nichols to reject the motion, arguing that the court has jurisdiction over the New York officials under D.C.'s "long-arm statute."

In his 19-page opinion, Nichols said that Trump has failed to prove that jurisdiction is applicable. He said that "the acts of corresponding with the Committee and transmitting Mr. Trump’s state tax returns would not constitute transacting business" under the long-arm statute.

"Mr. Trump has not pointed to any decision holding that corresponding with a congressional committee and sending it information (or any similar act) would constitute a commercial or business activity," Nichols wrote.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if it's been posted yet or not, but you know how Trump and his sycophants were declaring that there couldn't have been a quid pro quo with Ukraine because Ukraine didn't even know that the military aid was being withheld?

That defense has been shot to pieces now. Yet more testimony that Ukraine knew the aid was being withheld early on.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    Nah, one already existed. It's called the constitution.
    Nah, the Republicans already showed us starting 11 years ago.

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trum...tirade-1464985

"Pencil neck. You would not be impressed with him physically," Trump said of Schiff. "But he's a crooked person. Smart guy, he's crooked as hell."
    Donald Trump has such a strong impeachment defense he's literally going after Schiff's physical appearance and...well...we can all laugh at the hypocrisy and hilarity of a guy who's obese and stuffs his face with fast food criticizing another guy for not being "impress[ive] physically".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Nah, the Republicans already showed us starting 11 years ago.
    Sure, but they just claim it was due to Democrats doing stuff like Reid back in the day. Either way, the purpose of Congress is to act as a check on power of the president, and presidents have complained of congress 'obstructing' them for a long time. Being the president doesn't (or shouldn't) mean you get everything you want, so saying the presidency is being obstructed is nonsense. It's literally Congress' prerogative to allow or block stuff and the president is required to work with Congress in order to get things done. It's just shitty how things have progressed into a prisoner's dilemma based around party line where it's impossible to trust the other side, so there's no compromise and nothing gets done.

https://apnews.com/fded1157e52341338fd3f7086a0eb28d

The view among the national security officials was unanimous: Military aid to Ukraine should not be stopped. But President Donald Trump’s acting chief of staff thought otherwise.

As the aid was being blocked this summer, Ukraine officials began quietly asking the State Department about the hold-up. The concern was clear for the young democracy battling an aggressive Russia.
    National Security officials weren't pleased at Trump holding up Ukrainian aide so that he'd have leverage to ask for political dirt on an opponent.

The irony of a veteran being called unpatriotic on Veteran’s Day by someone who has likely spent the better part of his life playing video games.

I’ll take your flaming with a giant grain of salt.
    Yeah, you are no veteran. Because you CLEARLY haven't read the constitution you supposedly swore to uphold, while defending a fucking traitor.

- - - Updated - - -

He asked a leader of a foreign government to hold true to their campaign promise and investigate corruption in their country. Not Trump’s fault the Biden’s were being corrupt in Ukraine or that Biden’s largely failing to run for President.
    Except the Bidens weren't being corrupt in Ukraine. Joe Biden got the prosecutor fired, with the help of at least 6 senators, including at least 3 Republicans, the IMF and the EU to get rid of the prosecutor that WASN'T INVESTIGATING CORRUPTION. Then his replacement, came in, and did the investigation, even stating that Hunter Biden wasn't under investigation, because this was from BEFORE Hunter Biden was with the company.

How many fucking time do we have to explain this bullshit to you Trump supporters?

- - - Updated - - -

I haven’t conceded to any bribery. The President has the power to do exactly what I suggested he did. The Senate will assuredly agree. Case closed. Tootles...

As far as the military stuff, that’s getting off-topic. You’re welcome to go start a thread on Veteran’s day comparing military service to customer service if you feel like showing how much of an uneducated, privileged person you can be. The vast majority of Americans are not going to agree with you.
    No actually he doesn't have the power, since it was appropriated by CONGRESS, since they have the power of the purse. The president has no say on how things get spent. Other than signing the spending bills.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm perfectly okay with the President executing the duties of his office by asking the newly elected President of Ukraine to keep his campaign promise to root out corruption. As far as your other loaded questions, I don't presume any requirement to answer a question that includes your own version of events for me to play within.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay add "allegedly". Good catch.
    They aren't his duties. He has no legal authority to say what and where can funds can go to.

- - - Updated - - -

No law has proven to have been broken. You have some accusations, sure. I wholly disagree with them.

I see you edited your post and decided to cite a civil case to refer to alleged criminal behavior. Please go do some better research about what you're trying to discuss. I don't have time to always be correcting simple mistakes.
    Except, extortion, bribery and campaign finance violations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Bush 43 is now a "RINO".

This isn't shifting goalposts. This is shipping them overseas.
    What do you expect from Sulla? He is defending a traitor to this country, while he claims to be a veteran that apparently doesn't know what is in the constitution he supposedly swore to uphold when he started his tour of duty.

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't change that she's a factual Democrat with an agenda.
    Her agenda is upholding the constitution and campaign finance laws like her job states? FUCKING AMAZING.

- - - Updated - - -

There was solid evidence on Clinton, Holder, etc. Still got some stuff coming from IG Horowitz about that. Stay tuned.
    Don't hold your breath, because I can pretty much guarantee nothing is going to come from it. Same thing with the Barr/Durham sham investigation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/mulvan...ssian-reaction

So US foreign policy still largely seems dictated by a desire not to upset Russia, and non-political agencies like the OMB got involved in policy decisions rather than sticking to financial affairs.
    Not surprising we knew that Trump was beholden to Russia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Not sure if it's been posted yet or not, but you know how Trump and his sycophants were declaring that there couldn't have been a quid pro quo with Ukraine because Ukraine didn't even know that the military aid was being withheld?

That defense has been shot to pieces now. Yet more testimony that Ukraine knew the aid was being withheld early on.
    Your honor, it's not a scam if the 'customer' didn't know they were being scammed.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    The absolute hilarity.

On a different note, is it possible to hide replies to people you have blocked? Sick of seeing the general merry-go-round of bullshit that people insist on participating in....
    Yep, going to release a call that isn't the call where he did the extortion.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Yep, going to release a call that isn't the call where he did the extortion.
    ten bucks says it has him committing some other crime in it.

Now taking bets on the class of felony committed!

Well, finally get a chance to get caught up only to be forced to skip like 5 pages because people keep feeding those they know they shouldn't.

Seriously guys, STOP FEEDING HIM. You are derailing the thread and making it harder to follow. At this point I would love to see mods get onto people feeding them at this point just so they would stop doing it, stop making this thread harder to read and keep up with going in circles with people you know are just talking crap and trying to derail it.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.